Scooby Grail and Legendary Snow Ghosts on eBay

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
obudu

Scooby Grail and Legendary Snow Ghosts on eBay

Postby obudu » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:07 pm

I think Funko and Droppp better address these. It shouldn't happen.
My Scooby NFT redemption orders won't ship until October 2022 and some are already sold on eBay as "In Hand". So far 2 grails and 1 snow ghosts circulating in market. That's insane.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Scooby Grail and Legendary Snow Ghosts on eBay

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:19 pm

They have addressed it and are aware of the situation.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:11 am

Probably a dumb question but how do you get a physical pop from buying nfts? Is it just a matter of buying all the nfts in a collection?

gastlecast

Postby gastlecast » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:27 am

TheerealJT wrote:Probably a dumb question but how do you get a physical pop from buying nfts? Is it just a matter of buying all the nfts in a collection?

Not a dumb question at all. This stuff can be pretty confusing. I hope I don't confuse you with my explanation below!

You have to get them in NFT card packs and redeem Legdary and Grail cards, which are they physical pieces, during redemption time. You can find the redemption time windows on digital.funko.com

Once you redeem them, then you get a timeframe in which they'll show up on your door step. As an example, I just redeemed my Transformers and Scooby Doo items and they should arrive this fall.

Legendary NFT's and Grail NFT's are the redeemable cards you want to get in your card pack. However, collecting all of the other cards without the legendarys and grails will get you the Freddy Funko Royalty piece.

If you need more help, feel free to reach out. I keep myself pretty up to date with this stuff for our channel.
One half of the Gastlecast YouTube Channel
www.youtube.com/gastlecast
instagram: @gastlecast
twitter: @gastlecast
email: gastlecast@gmail.com

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:34 am

TheerealJT wrote:Probably a dumb question but how do you get a physical pop from buying nfts? Is it just a matter of buying all the nfts in a collection?

The board has some great content in the NFT/Digital section. I found it useful when I was unsure on a few topics. Also when in doubt, reach out to a fellow Funatic who’s gone through the process.

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:22 am

Somebody is gonna lose their job over this. 1 gets out? Ok... you're in trouble... But 3 (so far)? Yikes
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:23 am

gastlecast wrote:

Not a dumb question at all. This stuff can be pretty confusing. I hope I don't confuse you with my explanation below!

You have to get them in NFT card packs and redeem Legdary and Grail cards, which are they physical pieces, during redemption time. You can find the redemption time windows on digital.funko.com

Once you redeem them, then you get a timeframe in which they'll show up on your door step. As an example, I just redeemed my Transformers and Scooby Doo items and they should arrive this fall.

Legendary NFT's and Grail NFT's are the redeemable cards you want to get in your card pack. However, collecting all of the other cards without the legendarys and grails will get you the Freddy Funko Royalty piece.

If you need more help, feel free to reach out. I keep myself pretty up to date with this stuff for our channel.

Thanks for explaining that. Appreciate it! Makes sense now :headbang:

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:24 am

mongoose12 wrote:

The board has some great content in the NFT/Digital section. I found it useful when I was unsure on a few topics. Also when in doubt, reach out to a fellow Funatic who’s gone through the process.

Thanks I’ll check it out!

gastlecast

Postby gastlecast » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:24 am

TheerealJT wrote:
gastlecast wrote:

Glad to help! We have a tutorial video on our channel! Check it out :)
One half of the Gastlecast YouTube Channel
www.youtube.com/gastlecast
instagram: @gastlecast
twitter: @gastlecast
email: gastlecast@gmail.com

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:41 am

gastlecast wrote:
TheerealJT wrote:
gastlecast wrote:Not a dumb question at all. This stuff can be pretty confusing. I hope I don't confuse you with my explanation below!

Nice! I’ll definitely check it out. Looks like you guys have a lot of great content!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:14 pm

obudu wrote:I think Funko and Droppp better address these. It shouldn't happen.
My Scooby NFT redemption orders won't ship until October 2022 and some are already sold on eBay as "In Hand". So far 2 grails and 1 snow ghosts circulating in market. That's insane.

These after market prices are the reason why It’ll take forever to get the nft pops we want to add to our collection. Prices are outrageous, that’s why I get so frustrated when I’m not successful with the nft drops. ](*,)
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

obudu

Postby obudu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:37 pm

FunkoEmu wrote:Somebody is gonna lose their job over this. 1 gets out? Ok... you're in trouble... But 3 (so far)? Yikes

I mean yeah. They said they have addressed the issue after one sold for $1250 then few days later another 2 go into market. This isn't good at all.

obudu

Postby obudu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Spoiler: show

These after market prices are the reason why It’ll take forever to get the nft pops we want to add to our collection. Prices are outrageous, that’s why I get so frustrated when I’m not successful with the nft drops. ](*,)

Exactly. If these pops are ready to ship, then they should ship them out after redemption. Why there is set time (october, 2022) when these are going to eBay? I bought my scooby grail and legendary from aftermarket to redeem them myself but I won't pay these outrageous prices for sure.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:56 pm

obudu wrote:
FunkoEmu wrote:Somebody is gonna lose their job over this. 1 gets out? Ok... you're in trouble... But 3 (so far)? Yikes

I mean yeah. They said they have addressed the issue after one sold for $1250 then few days later another 2 go into market. This isn't good at all.

This is nothing new we have seen this before with other non FUNKO nfts
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

obudu

Postby obudu » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:57 pm

TheerealJT wrote:
gastlecast wrote:
TheerealJT wrote:Thanks for explaining that. Appreciate it! Makes sense now :headbang:

Nice! I’ll definitely check it out. Looks like you guys have a lot of great content!

I'm sorry for late reply. Was busy with work and personal stuffs. I'm very glad everybody here are willing to help. If you still need help, feel free to ask me or DM me at anytime. I am willing to help with these funko NFT stuffs.
But basically, I am not very lucky to pull redeemables (Grails/Legendary) from packs. I just bought them at aftermarket if the price is within my acceptable range. Then I redeem them myself, that way you get the physical pop.

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:15 pm

Quite surprise to see them on eBay but Im quite happy to see the actual physical pop thou...

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:40 am

obudu wrote:
TheerealJT wrote:
gastlecast wrote:Glad to help! We have a tutorial video on our channel! Check it out :)

I'm sorry for late reply. Was busy with work and personal stuffs. I'm very glad everybody here are willing to help. If you still need help, feel free to ask me or DM me at anytime. I am willing to help with these funko NFT stuffs.
But basically, I am not very lucky to pull redeemables (Grails/Legendary) from packs. I just bought them at aftermarket if the price is within my acceptable range. Then I redeem them myself, that way you get the physical pop.

Thanks. Been doing a lot of reading on it. Think I just have to jump in the deep end and start buying!

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:29 pm

Those bottom two look like they're from the same seller.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:48 pm

Chingy wrote:

I agree, they look like they are from the same person.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:53 pm

Chingy wrote:

I agree, they look like they are from the same person.

caziusclay

Postby caziusclay » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:12 pm

lavery01 wrote:These after market prices are the reason why It’ll take forever to get the nft pops we want to add to our collection. Prices are outrageous, that’s why I get so frustrated when I’m not successful with the nft drops. ](*,)

to be fair, the example above is more of the "leaked early, and only ones known to be out in the wild" pricing. The actual prices when they start officially coming in, will be lower than this.
Instagram: @djcaziusclay

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:29 pm

caziusclay wrote:
lavery01 wrote:These after market prices are the reason why It’ll take forever to get the nft pops we want to add to our collection. Prices are outrageous, that’s why I get so frustrated when I’m not successful with the nft drops. ](*,)

to be fair, the example above is more of the "leaked early, and only ones known to be out in the wild" pricing. The actual prices when they start officially coming in, will be lower than this.

There’s nothing really fair about after markets prices when it’s comes to grails and or rare pops. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:50 pm

obudu wrote:

Makes me wonder if a single person snuck these out, or if someone was responsible for keeping them locked up, but multiple people got into the stash.

"Next week, on Unsolved Funko Mysteries"
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

caziusclay

Postby caziusclay » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:08 pm

lavery01 wrote:

There’s nothing really fair about after markets prices when it’s comes to grails and or rare pops. lol

You're not wrong. lol
Instagram: @djcaziusclay

tompate122

Postby tompate122 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:31 am

caziusclay wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

You're not wrong. lol

You are so right about that ;-)

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:02 pm

Oh man, where is the "First to Market" sticker? lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:10 pm

That’s crazy those have already made it out. They got out before the nick cartoons
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:37 pm

This seems to happen quite often and it's disappointing to say the least. Someone with the "inside connections" or someone literally from the inside selling these before release is pretty low.

Doubt anything will happen unfortunately.
ImageImageImageImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 pm

I am not shocked many companies are having issues with internal theft or theft at the dock/warehouses. I Wonder if this is the issue here as well.

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:16 pm

This is an unfortunate situation but it does not concern me or dissuade me from participating in the NFTs. Someone, somewhere got an early release and unfortunately took them to Ebay. I expect this will be a one-off issue that gets addressed.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

obudu

Postby obudu » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:10 pm

Chingy wrote:
Spoiler: show

These two are from same seller, correct.

obudu

Postby obudu » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:15 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:This seems to happen quite often and it's disappointing to say the least. Someone with the "inside connections" or someone literally from the inside selling these before release is pretty low.

Doubt anything will happen unfortunately.

I mean there are 999 Scooby Grail but only 992 were there when snapshot happened. So they basically knows how many left. They said they destroyed unclaimed pops but who knows.. they were never transparent about these.

obudu

Postby obudu » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:31 pm

jagpop wrote:Oh man, where is the "First to Market" sticker? lol

lol... ikr lol
I just found on YouTube. Pop looks amazing tbh but too bad there's ding on the back ](*,)

Revenant-wayfarer

Postby Revenant-wayfarer » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:40 pm

They really need to fix this problem. The shipping too. People who spend big bucks on them are gonna stop. I’m have a great time with these and enjoy the whole process. It makes me sad that this is happening.
ImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”