Availability of Funko NFTs on Atomic Hub

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Availability of Funko NFTs on Atomic Hub

Postby PopCollector » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:50 pm

Since the Funko NFT release, has there been any releases where any of the NFTS became difficult to purchase before the redeemable date?
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

mongoose12

Re: Availability of Funko NFTs on Atomic Hub

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:53 pm

on a few occasions i would see epics increase in cost but i dont believe i've seen any scenario where its difficult due to lack of supply. it might just cost a bit more...i expected the inverse to take place and assumed the sellers would want to make last minute deals vs keep the NFTs but it never panned out that way.
Last edited by mongoose12 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:36 pm

mongoose12 wrote:on a few occasions i would see epics increase in cost but i dont believe i've seen an scenario where its difficult due to lack of supply. it might just cost a bit more...i expected the inverse to take place and assumed the sellers would want to make last minute deals vs keep the NFTs but it never panned out that way.

Thanks! Yes I would have thought the same that it would get cheaper but I guess like the market you never know.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:51 pm

I think they have all been on AH
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:52 pm

PopCollector wrote:Since the Funko NFT release, has there been any releases where any of the NFTS became difficult to purchase before the redeemable date?

There was one Transformers Epic that did not have any for sale by the day of the redemption snapshot but that's the only one I know about.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:56 pm

PopCollector wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:on a few occasions i would see epics increase in cost but i dont believe i've seen an scenario where its difficult due to lack of supply. it might just cost a bit more...i expected the inverse to take place and assumed the sellers would want to make last minute deals vs keep the NFTs but it never panned out that way.

Thanks! Yes I would have thought the same that it would get cheaper but I guess like the market you never know.

I think that explains it perfectly.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:27 pm

PopCollector wrote:

I think by now people realize the physical redeemables can be worth quite a bit once the tokens are used.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 pm

I’m still really shocked a group of people haven’t got together to manipulate the market. Nothing is stopping a group of people from cornering the market on a certain Epic or Rare and just buying them all up and then setting the price. They could also just hold them all and lower the Royalty count.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:49 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I’m still really shocked a group of people haven’t got together to manipulate the market. Nothing is stopping a group of people from cornering the market on a certain Epic or Rare and just buying them all up and then setting the price. They could also just hold them all and lower the Royalty count.

Just give it some more time lol this concept is not new, I promise you lol

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:23 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I’m still really shocked a group of people haven’t got together to manipulate the market. Nothing is stopping a group of people from cornering the market on a certain Epic or Rare and just buying them all up and then setting the price. They could also just hold them all and lower the Royalty count.

Way to announce it on the board! LOL

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:26 am

Geescube wrote:

Way to announce it on the board! LOL

I literally thought “well now everyone knows” hahahaha

But also I feel like it’s coming.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:46 am

Only the ones that cost a little bit more I think like the epics, legendaries, or grails

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:53 am

Some have tired on a small scale, but that won't really do much.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:55 am

I have found them to be pretty easy to get but sometimes the price of certain ones can get really high. Doesn't seem to be much reason for why that I can tell unless its a legendary that people really want the pop for, ie Painted Lady vs others.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:09 am

So far it hasn’t been that difficult. Prices vary a lot. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy NFTs right when they release. Sometimes it’s cheaper before the redemption time. I guess it depends on the popularity. I hope they are cheap for the Power Rangers.

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm

Beaniiman wrote:I have found them to be pretty easy to get but sometimes the price of certain ones can get really high. Doesn't seem to be much reason for why that I can tell unless its a legendary that people really want the pop for, ie Painted Lady vs others.

brinkleytroy wrote:So far it hasn’t been that difficult. Prices vary a lot. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy NFTs right when they release. Sometimes it’s cheaper before the redemption time. I guess it depends on the popularity. I hope they are cheap for the Power Rangers.

Thanks for your responses. I didn't realize how challenging it is to purchase WAX. Even setting up a binance account with an ACH transfer requires 10 days before your crypto can be withdrawn. Lesson learned.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:49 pm

[quote="brinkleytroy"]So far it hasn’t been that difficult. Prices vary a lot. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy NFTs right when they release. Sometimes it’s cheaper before the redemption time. I guess it depends on the popularity. I hope they are cheap for the Power Rangers.[/quote]

I hope so too, PR has a pretty sick royalty
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Always been available just at what cost. Ive for sure learned to get the set right away before the epics sky rocket. I have seen some try to manipulate the market but they dont have enough ppl or resources to fully make it a mess. Thank goodness.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:41 pm

[quote="divade23"]Always been available just at what cost. Ive for sure learned to get the set right away before the epics sky rocket. I have seen some try to manipulate the market but they dont have enough ppl or resources to fully make it a mess. Thank goodness.[/quote]

Thank Goodness for that, I just can imagine the s**tstorm if they were able to manipulate the market. Reminds me of the Gamestop debacle of last year.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:47 pm

[quote="brinkleytroy"]So far it hasn’t been that difficult. Prices vary a lot. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy NFTs right when they release. Sometimes it’s cheaper before the redemption time. I guess it depends on the popularity. I hope they are cheap for the Power Rangers.[/quote]
Yeah this is what I was wondering when exactly is best right at release or toward redemption

NightStyle

Postby NightStyle » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:13 pm

Yea the cost tends to go up especially on the epics when it's close to the redemption period

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:57 am

[quote="mongoose12"]on a few occasions i would see epics increase in cost but i dont believe i've seen any scenario where its difficult due to lack of supply. it might just cost a bit more...i expected the inverse to take place and assumed the sellers would want to make last minute deals vs keep the NFTs but it never panned out that way.[/quote]
I'm amazed that people hold on to unopened packs as well. I would think those prices would tank right before redemption deadlines.
Poppin'

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 am

[quote="bigant212"][quote="brinkleytroy"]So far it hasn’t been that difficult. Prices vary a lot. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy NFTs right when they release. Sometimes it’s cheaper before the redemption time. I guess it depends on the popularity. I hope they are cheap for the Power Rangers.[/quote]
Yeah this is what I was wondering when exactly is best right at release or toward redemption[/quote]

Sometimes when a new release is announced and it's a very popular one, past releases can go down as people try to free up some more wax.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:46 am

[quote="divade23"]Always been available just at what cost. Ive for sure learned to get the set right away before the epics sky rocket. I have seen some try to manipulate the market but they dont have enough ppl or resources to fully make it a mess. Thank goodness.[/quote]

Same strategy for me, epics first then deal with the rest. And don’t worry about manipulation, people will figure it out soon enough sadly.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:19 pm

[quote="mongoose12"][quote="divade23"]Always been available just at what cost. Ive for sure learned to get the set right away before the epics sky rocket. I have seen some try to manipulate the market but they dont have enough ppl or resources to fully make it a mess. Thank goodness.[/quote]

Same strategy for me, epics first then deal with the rest. And don’t worry about manipulation, people will figure it out soon enough sadly.[/quote]

That is a good strategy
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:36 pm

[quote="digithor"][quote="bigant212"][quote="brinkleytroy"]So far it hasn’t been that difficult. Prices vary a lot. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy NFTs right when they release. Sometimes it’s cheaper before the redemption time. I guess it depends on the popularity. I hope they are cheap for the Power Rangers.[/quote]
Yeah this is what I was wondering when exactly is best right at release or toward redemption[/quote]

Sometimes when a new release is announced and it's a very popular one, past releases can go down as people try to free up some more wax.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice I’ll keep this in mind

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:03 am

I always try to get the complete set early on. Things settle down over time - especially with the epics. Because the people that have them for their sets aren't selling. So the demand can creep up with people coming late to the party to collect for royalty while the supply remains the same.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:15 pm

I can only think of maybe 1 instance where a specific epic had no listings on the secondary market and this was close to the snapshot date. Or where an epic had only 1 listing and it was for an absurd price.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:50 pm

Thanks for everyone's advice! Finally finished the my first NFT Royalty set for the Avatar! Super happy!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SB8avY4.png[/img]
Last edited by PopCollector on Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:44 pm

[quote="PopCollector"]Thanks for everyone's advice! Finally finished the my first NFT Royalty set for the Avatar! Super happy!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SB8avY4.png[/img][/quote]

Congrats on finishing your first royalty! Now comes the hard part of waiting.lol You might want to set a calendar reminder for when the redemption period begins, so you don't mess up and miss the redemption window like I did with a set.lol
Poppin'

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:02 am

[quote="aprilyoufools"]I can only think of maybe 1 instance where a specific epic had no listings on the secondary market and this was close to the snapshot date. Or where an epic had only 1 listing and it was for an absurd price.[/quote]
Exactly why I alway try and finish sets in the first couple weeks lol That and so I don’t forget
Instagram- calebshiny

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:33 am

[quote="theraven00"][quote="PopCollector"]Thanks for everyone's advice! Finally finished the my first NFT Royalty set for the Avatar! Super happy!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/SB8avY4.png[/img][/quote]

Congrats on finishing your first royalty! Now comes the hard part of waiting.lol You might want to set a calendar reminder for when the redemption period begins, so you don't mess up and miss the redemption window like I did with a set.lol[/quote]

They are some long wait times.
ImageImageImageImage

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:31 pm

Epics can get expensive. There's always one or two per set that seems to be worth way more than the others. For instance, most epics for PR are around the $10-11 range but Megazord is going for $15-16. I could see that one, long-term, being harder to get just because its price may get high.

I try to buy (and sell) on the marketplace shortly after drops. Prices are typically most favorable as supply and demand are high.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

obudu

Postby obudu » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:32 am

Some epics for sure 100%. Some epics from DC costs up to $45 right now.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:03 am

[quote="obudu"]Some epics for sure 100%. Some epics from DC costs up to $45 right now.[/quote]

Which one? Ive seen everything dropping now because redemption is coming
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:06 am

[quote="billyconard"]I always try to get the complete set early on. Things settle down over time - especially with the epics. Because the people that have them for their sets aren't selling. So the demand can creep up with people coming late to the party to collect for royalty while the supply remains the same.[/quote]

Likewise! I do my best to be royalty complete in the first couple of days. Prices seem to be fair within the first couple of days. I'd rather do this than to avoid any chance of paying more by waiting to buy later down the line.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:05 pm

[quote="Ginzo1622"][quote="obudu"]Some epics for sure 100%. Some epics from DC costs up to $45 right now.[/quote]

Which one? Ive seen everything dropping now because redemption is coming[/quote]

I checked a few days ago and Batman (or one of them) was easily $45+ as the lowest priced. Wild to see it but legit.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:58 am

[quote="mongoose12"][quote="Ginzo1622"][quote="obudu"]Some epics for sure 100%. Some epics from DC costs up to $45 right now.[/quote]

Which one? Ive seen everything dropping now because redemption is coming[/quote]

I checked a few days ago and Batman (or one of them) was easily $45+ as the lowest priced. Wild to see it but legit.[/quote]

I've seen those prices before but they don't really stick especially near redemption
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:16 am

[quote="Ginzo1622"][quote="mongoose12"][quote="Ginzo1622"][quote="obudu"]Some epics for sure 100%. Some epics from DC costs up to $45 right now.[/quote]

I checked a few days ago and Batman (or one of them) was easily $45+ as the lowest priced. Wild to see it but legit.[/quote]

I've seen those prices before but they don't really stick especially near redemption[/quote]

I hear you but I literally just checked and the Batman epic in question is $42.50 lol

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:42 am

Seems like the prices of items listed on atomichub are going down. It was very cheap to get the power Ranger royalty. This new DC drop I think all the redeemables will be very cheap to get.

Return to “NFT/Digital”