hard protectors for physical NFTS

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
FunCo010

Re: hard protectors for physical NFTS

Postby FunCo010 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:16 am

Broseph02 wrote:Hello All,

I want to start by saying I love this little NFT niche that funko has started. It gives collectors (and bots 8-[ ) a cool avenue to find LE pops outside of going to conventions. I absolutely love this! Given that it can be a very expensive avenue (sometimes, but rarely, it is not) I think Funko and Droppp should offer hard cases with them. Either mandatory or an option at checkout.

Given that Funko has announced damaged pops they received causing delays, and damaged pops to collectors, i feel both us and Funko would benefit from having hard shell protectors on NFT physicals.

What does the community think?

:freddy3:

If Funko can sell those (sorry for the collectors who like them) stupid art series with a stack, they just need to do this with the NFT's for sure.
Or ship them like the new "vault" pops, like Lotso and Batman.
If they do it that way, you have your Royalty NFT card Physical, A pin and your NFT Pop in a tight and good case.
This is the way NFT Pop collectors like to receive their pops. Not trown in a box with a bit of paper. :drunken:
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:27 am

FunCo010 wrote:

I want to start by saying I love this little NFT niche that funko has started. It gives collectors (and bots 8-[ ) a cool avenue to find LE pops outside of going to conventions. I absolutely love this! Given that it can be a very expensive avenue (sometimes, but rarely, it is not) I think Funko and Droppp should offer hard cases with them. Either mandatory or an option at checkout.

Given that Funko has announced damaged pops they received causing delays, and damaged pops to collectors, i feel both us and Funko would benefit from having hard shell protectors on NFT physicals.

If Funko can sell those (sorry for the collectors who like them) stupid art series with a stack, they just need to do this with the NFT's for sure.
If they do it that way, you have your Royalty NFT card Physical, A pin and your NFT Pop in a tight and good case.
This is the way NFT Pop collectors like to receive their pops. Not trown in a box with a bit of paper. :drunken:

love to see it happen man but sadly never going to happen but i'm still giving funko hopes tomake it happen
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:49 pm

I would even pay $10 for handling if they did this.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

Ironfish242

Postby Ironfish242 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:23 pm

I agree that NFT redeemables would be better if shipped in protectors, even if it means having to pay a little more for packs.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 pm

Ironfish242 wrote:I agree that NFT redeemables would be better if shipped in protectors, even if it means having to pay a little more for packs.

heck no to that, they are making hundreds of thousands of dollars off of every drop they could afford a cheap protector without jacking up the price on this digital nonsense.

Ironfish242

Postby Ironfish242 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:37 pm

I agree that NFT redeemables would be better if shipped in protectors, even if it means having to pay a little more for packs.

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:45 am

If the NFTs came the same way the vaulted pops did I’d be so happy. It’s so perfect too. A card, a coin and the pop well protected! Please Funko!
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:53 pm

Dont need a hard protector if they offer an instore pick up option :) I know totally more cost for Funko with all the labor and storage :)

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:01 pm

This is an interesting discussion. I would love for an option for hard protectors. I personally would be willing to pay a few bucks for it. Maybe not full retail - but a $4 add-on option would work for me.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:29 pm

That would be cool to see, but then the cost of the NFT pack would go up.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

ArmyGuy2017

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:23 pm

Yes rhese need to come in a hard stack people spend alot of money to try to get one from packs
Attended Fundays : 2017,2018,2019,2022,2023 FDO9 Valencia Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2022 Mask O Raid

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:36 pm

FunCo010 wrote:

I couldn't agree more with you, nft should have been setup like the new vault pops coming out. Id pay the extra just get got a hardstack on them, especially the way they are shipped now....is a gamble
:freddy2:

Nycc 2022 | IG: missnoobcake3 | Pop, Soda, NFT Collector | Fotw 5/2023

ImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:29 pm

Logistically, I wonder how challenging it would be to implement hard stacks for NFTs redeems?

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

jzq88

Postby jzq88 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:38 pm

i'm on board with that

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:24 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I put all of my physical NFTs in Pop Shield Armor, so if they came in Pop Stacks I would end up replacing them. It would definitely help with safe shipping though so I am all for it.

I also put all mine in Pop Shield Armor, but I'm not sure if I would want them to be sent in protectors. I'm liking the 0 fee when redeeming. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

I agree 100% Free shipping is very nice.. As long as it gets to me in good condition I will put it in a protector myself :freddy3: :freddy4:

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:34 pm

I love the free shipping but agree, let there be an option to add hard stacks. After spending so much money to purchase the royalty, I'd like to make sure it gets here safely.
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:28 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I put all of my physical NFTs in Pop Shield Armor, so if they came in Pop Stacks I would end up replacing them. It would definitely help with safe shipping though so I am all for it.

I also put all mine in Pop Shield Armor, but I'm not sure if I would want them to be sent in protectors. I'm liking the 0 fee when redeeming. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

I agree 100% Free shipping is very nice.. As long as it gets to me in good condition I will put it in a protector myself :freddy3: :freddy4:

FACTS :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Munke

Postby Munke » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:21 pm

It’s sad that it’s happening again - do it like the countless art series just sitting and send them in stacks at least.

brunette_nerdette

Postby brunette_nerdette » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:28 pm

dork_knight wrote:
kihou wrote:I would do this even if it cost extra during the shipping (like you could upgrade shipping for 5-10$ per item maybe).

I saw this thread and was about to say the same thing! I would pay extra just to have them ship the redeemables in protective gear...I would even pay extra if they had white mages place protective spells on the shipment :P

Yea just an additional charge when you redeem to have it shipped in a hard stack would be so helpful and worth the extra money.
:SW1: Collector since 2013 • Funatic of the Week 2022
NYCC 2023
C2E2 2024

Fandoms:
Star Wars, Marvel, Anime, & DC

ArmyGuy2017

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:28 pm

This should be automatic since there has been so much damage lately
Attended Fundays : 2017,2018,2019,2022,2023 FDO9 Valencia Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2022 Mask O Raid

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:40 am

Boszdrew wrote:love to see it happen man but sadly never going to happen but i'm still giving funko hopes tomake it happen

If Funko keeps getting complaints and if they get damaged ones from the fatory to the warehouse, there can be a point that Funko will solve this in a good way...with stacks for example. I don't know but at least I assume Funko doesn't like this either. Let's keep those fingers crossed!
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:42 pm

ArmyGuy2017 wrote:This should be automatic since there has been so much damage lately

I thought that some of the damage reported was pre-shipment though (like between warehouses). But yah, any extra protection can't hurt!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:15 pm

It'd be nice if that was a add-on option you could do when redeeming. Just pay extra for it

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:55 am

spider-man_616 wrote:It'd be nice if that was a add-on option you could do when redeeming. Just pay extra for it

Yeah definitely will pay extra for extra protector
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Angelstorm

Postby Angelstorm » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:06 am

Yeah - it's always so annoying when they come damaged ! Hard protectors is definitely the way forward !

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:24 pm

Angelstorm wrote:Yeah - it's always so annoying when they come damaged ! Hard protectors is definitely the way forward !

even a soft protector would be nice. Just something extra to give more protection

FFNATIC

Postby FFNATIC » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:19 pm

This would keep them from coming in damaged. I’d like to think they’d include them on the NFT’s and not the Art Series.
This is my signature, I know it's boring, I don't know how to add any badges #-o
Collection is OVER 9,000! honestly, I don't really know I've lost count after 3k!
I collect Funko, Lego, Hallmark, & Bombshells

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:17 pm

FunCo010 wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:love to see it happen man but sadly never going to happen but i'm still giving funko hopes tomake it happen

If Funko keeps getting complaints and if they get damaged ones from the fatory to the warehouse, there can be a point that Funko will solve this in a good way...with stacks for example. I don't know but at least I assume Funko doesn't like this either. Let's keep those fingers crossed!

yaeh praying for that happen
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:23 pm

x88joe88x wrote:If the NFTs came the same way the vaulted pops did I’d be so happy. It’s so perfect too. A card, a coin and the pop well protected! Please Funko!

No way! Have you tried getting the Pop out of those metal containers? Almost impossible without causing damage. They've been giving away hard stacks (no shock, they're horrible) so it wouldn't be a reach to ship NFT Pops in a hard stack at least. I'd pay extra (but not extra for NFT packs, just extra at redemption).
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

ghost_yamasaki

Postby ghost_yamasaki » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:33 pm

I’m all for that. It’s sad that if the grails don’t come in a protector. I can see the other redeemables not having it, but I mean for the grail it should be a given.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ISO: Con LE Exclusives | All Freddys | Iron Maiden Protos | Always trading, so PM me |

IG: @cometlodgecollectibles | aka: asianlukecage

ghost_yamasaki

Postby ghost_yamasaki » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:34 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
x88joe88x wrote:If the NFTs came the same way the vaulted pops did I’d be so happy. It’s so perfect too. A card, a coin and the pop well protected! Please Funko!

No way! Have you tried getting the Pop out of those metal containers? Almost impossible without causing damage. They've been giving away hard stacks (no shock, they're horrible) so it wouldn't be a reach to ship NFT Pops in a hard stack at least. I'd pay extra (but not extra for NFT packs, just extra at redemption).

First one I got was the bear from wondercon. Good heads up. Gotta be careful with it.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ISO: Con LE Exclusives | All Freddys | Iron Maiden Protos | Always trading, so PM me |

IG: @cometlodgecollectibles | aka: asianlukecage

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:50 pm

THIS. I have desperately been wanting them to do this for the NFT redeemables. Maybe now that the Loungefly Byndles are getting them the NFTs might see it too?

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:31 pm

It’s time for a change and this will help with product avoiding damage in transit. They don’t more for less pops in the past and these are limited out the gate so makes more sense. Just do them like they doing the 25th anniversary pops!

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:03 pm

I would happily pay more in "shipping or protecting" costs if they put them in a hardstack.
Avatar Protos: https://i.imgur.com/iLdXwes.jpg
Collecting Funko since 2012.
Main Collections: Anything Avatar or Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon
Events Attended: Funko Hollywood Opening, Funkon '21, Fundays '22, SDCC '19/'22
Proud member of Funko Fiends (PSW) and The United Funko Family <3
Instagrams: @bad.motherfunko & @lollipop_customs

ISO Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Protos

baghramdunks

Postby baghramdunks » Tue May 02, 2023 2:46 am

If they can do it for series pops that hardly anyone wants, it goes without saying NFTs should be given the same treatment. Benefits them and us. Everyone wants their redeemed NFTs to come in mint and rightfully so.

FFADDICT

Postby FFADDICT » Sun May 14, 2023 12:27 am

Funko has plenty of UV Premium protectors. This can easily be done but they won’t spend the $$ for it

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sun May 14, 2023 12:29 am

Bad Motherfunko wrote:

I would love hard stacks considering investing so much you want a product without damage

r3k2p1

Postby r3k2p1 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:23 pm

I agree that they should be shipped and sealed like the Art Series at minimum... maybe even shipped like the diecast pops.

ArmyGuy2017

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Wed May 24, 2023 10:38 pm

They sure need to do this

Dahhaka1435

Postby Dahhaka1435 » Thu May 25, 2023 11:35 pm

This is a must have requirement and Droppp may consider even charging for the protector so that would be a win-win scenario.

Return to “NFT/Digital”