hard protectors for physical NFTS

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Broseph02

hard protectors for physical NFTS

Postby Broseph02 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:54 pm

Hello All,

I want to start by saying I love this little NFT niche that funko has started. It gives collectors (and bots 8-[ ) a cool avenue to find LE pops outside of going to conventions. I absolutely love this! Given that it can be a very expensive avenue (sometimes, but rarely, it is not) I think Funko and Droppp should offer hard cases with them. Either mandatory or an option at checkout.

Given that Funko has announced damaged pops they received causing delays, and damaged pops to collectors, i feel both us and Funko would benefit from having hard shell protectors on NFT physicals.

What does the community think?

:freddy3:

theraven00

Re: hard protectors for physical NFTS

Postby theraven00 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:22 pm

It’d save me from buying the protector, so yes I’d be for that.lol
Poppin'

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:20 pm

It would be really cool if the came in hard protectors. Would be easier to display right out of the shipping box. Where it could get dicey with me is if they have the plastic seal around like the ones from Target. I can't get myself to remove that outer plastic for some reason. :eek:

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

RobertFB6SI

Postby RobertFB6SI » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:11 pm

Yup, I agree w/ Including protector
:freddy2:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:59 pm

I put all of my physical NFTs in Pop Shield Armor, so if they came in Pop Stacks I would end up replacing them. It would definitely help with safe shipping though so I am all for it.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:58 pm

scullysdad wrote:I put all of my physical NFTs in Pop Shield Armor, so if they came in Pop Stacks I would end up replacing them. It would definitely help with safe shipping though so I am all for it.

I also put all mine in Pop Shield Armor, but I'm not sure if I would want them to be sent in protectors. I'm liking the 0 fee when redeeming. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:18 am

scullysdad wrote:I put all of my physical NFTs in Pop Shield Armor, so if they came in Pop Stacks I would end up replacing them. It would definitely help with safe shipping though so I am all for it.

I would do the same, except I prefer the Vaulted Vinyl Legendary protectors. Either way, using hard protectors would go a long way with preventing damage during shipping (assuming the Pops aren’t damaged before they put them in the protectors).

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:22 am

jagpop wrote:It would be really cool if the came in hard protectors. Would be easier to display right out of the shipping box. Where it could get dicey with me is if they have the plastic seal around like the ones from Target. I can't get myself to remove that outer plastic for some reason. :eek:

That’s an interesting point. I don’t think I’ve taken any of my art series Pops out of the plastic wrapping. I would probably leave the NFT Pops in the plastic wrapping too, so hopefully they don’t seal them.

NightStyle

Postby NightStyle » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:32 am

Awesome idea unfortunately not always is the box damage the issue sometimes like my case its the inside of the box that gets damaged. The plastic insert was shattered and the box is in mint condition.

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:33 am

That is a great idea since I put mine in protectors when they get here. This could save some headaches for sure. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:06 pm

WildBill wrote:

I would do the same, except I prefer the Vaulted Vinyl Legendary protectors. Either way, using hard protectors would go a long way with preventing damage during shipping (assuming the Pops aren’t damaged before they put them in the protectors).

I’ve recently started buying the Pop Shield, what do you like more about the Vaulted Vinyl?
Poppin'

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:39 pm

I would love an option to purchase a protector. My Scooby set arrived damaged and haven’t heard any response in weeks
Instagram- calebshiny

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:47 pm

Stat32111 wrote:I would love an option to purchase a protector. My Scooby set arrived damaged and haven’t heard any response in weeks

Ruh roh. :(
Poppin'

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Yeah this would be a nice Idea or at least a option as someone stated above.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:40 pm

I’m all in with pop stack. It’s been a hot topic with regards to this since long but yet they still not willing to change the way wat collectors want..
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:56 pm

It would be nice to have the option at checkout. But I do love me the 0 cost for shipping...
Avatar Protos: https://i.imgur.com/iLdXwes.jpg
Collecting Funko since 2012.
Main Collections: Anything Avatar or Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon
Events Attended: Funko Hollywood Opening, Funkon '21, Fundays '22, SDCC '19/'22
Proud member of Funko Fiends (PSW) and The United Funko Family <3
Instagrams: @bad.motherfunko & @lollipop_customs

ISO Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Protos

Marinex

Postby Marinex » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:31 pm

I wouldn't mind if i have to addd for it. They are expensive and must be protected
:freddy2:

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:29 pm

theraven00 wrote:
WildBill wrote:

I’ve recently started buying the Pop Shield, what do you like more about the Vaulted Vinyl?

The Vaulted Vinyl ones are clearer and more scratch resistant, so I feel like they are better for displaying Pops. The biggest drawback is the price, so I have to pick and choose which Pops go in the Vaulted Vinyl protectors. But I have plenty of the PopShield Armor protectors too.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:49 pm

NightStyle wrote:Awesome idea unfortunately not always is the box damage the issue sometimes like my case its the inside of the box that gets damaged. The plastic insert was shattered and the box is in mint condition.

Great point! I think a lot of product arrives from overseas damaged, so if they put it Pop protectors, you would still get the damaged Pop! Shipping and handling may cause damage as well but I do don't think it is that prevalent.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:42 am

There is no fool proof shipping plan but having a hard protector for any portion of the journey would be better than just sorters I suppose. Special NFT specific protectors would be nice.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:29 am

jagpop wrote:It would be really cool if the came in hard protectors. Would be easier to display right out of the shipping box. Where it could get dicey with me is if they have the plastic seal around like the ones from Target. I can't get myself to remove that outer plastic for some reason. :eek:

So you leave the plastic lining on those on? That is interesting to hear.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:02 pm

Fugly16 wrote:

So you leave the plastic lining on those on? That is interesting to hear.

For now I have. Eventually the lining will come off. lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:24 pm

Broseph02 wrote:Hello All,

I want to start by saying I love this little NFT niche that funko has started. It gives collectors (and bots 8-[ ) a cool avenue to find LE pops outside of going to conventions. I absolutely love this! Given that it can be a very expensive avenue (sometimes, but rarely, it is not) I think Funko and Droppp should offer hard cases with them. Either mandatory or an option at checkout.

Given that Funko has announced damaged pops they received causing delays, and damaged pops to collectors, i feel both us and Funko would benefit from having hard shell protectors on NFT physicals.

I think we are all in agreement on this.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:35 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:

I think we are all in agreement on this.

I love your take on this. Very well put. =D>
Image Image
ImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:31 pm

willy wonka wrote:Yeah this would be a nice Idea or at least a option as someone stated above.

Yeah I would agree with this

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:58 pm

I love this idea, we could all sleep better during the shipping process.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

c00kiem0nster

Postby c00kiem0nster » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:36 am

If they can do it with those art piece Pop! then they can do it here especially since these are more expensive and harder to acquire.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:39 am

c00kiem0nster wrote:If they can do it with those art piece Pop! then they can do it here especially since these are more expensive and harder to acquire.

If they are giving it for free for buying two pops why not use it for the NFT ](*,)
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 am

c00kiem0nster wrote:If they can do it with those art piece Pop! then they can do it here especially since these are more expensive and harder to acquire.

Yes expensive but they might not see that way. They probably see it as you pay $10 or $30 and pull a 1 or 2 redeemable and you get free shipping.
Image Image
ImageImage

WayneNC704

Postby WayneNC704 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:27 pm

Given the value of these a pop protector should be included

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:11 pm

Wish they came in the other type of sorters and not the one they come in now that break open inside the shipping box.

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:31 pm

jagpop wrote:Wish they came in the other type of sorters and not the one they come in now that break open inside the shipping box.

I agree. These newer sorters are okay(not great), just not ideal for these products considering their value and number limits.

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:59 pm

I’d love for funko to make the NFTs like how they are doing the 25th anniversary pops in a solid container with a count and the card for the pop! This would be amazing!

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:03 pm

PopBaron74 wrote:I’d love for funko to make the NFTs like how they are doing the 25th anniversary pops in a solid container with a count and the card for the pop! This would be amazing!

Yeah, I bet people would pay $10 for that extra touch. I would!
Poppin'

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:32 am

theraven00 wrote:
PopBaron74 wrote:I’d love for funko to make the NFTs like how they are doing the 25th anniversary pops in a solid container with a count and the card for the pop! This would be amazing!

Yeah, I bet people would pay $10 for that extra touch. I would!

I would pay $15 more to get pins card and everything with that good packaging
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Jeffvela710

Postby Jeffvela710 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:16 pm

This is a great idea is alot money is spent for packs and completing Royalty. this pops should be in pop stack directly from the manufacturer

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:30 am

Heck yeah the marketing of the redemption possibly coming like that would enhance people going even harder to get the redemption. Even make it an option at redemption time to pay that extra $15 or so for the upgraded package with the coin, card and case just to make them feel like they can make a little more profit off these. I know they a business and would need to see a monetary reason to add these extras.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:41 pm

I would do this even if it cost extra during the shipping (like you could upgrade shipping for 5-10$ per item maybe).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:44 pm

kihou wrote:I would do this even if it cost extra during the shipping (like you could upgrade shipping for 5-10$ per item maybe).

I saw this thread and was about to say the same thing! I would pay extra just to have them ship the redeemables in protective gear...I would even pay extra if they had white mages place protective spells on the shipment :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Side-note....I just replied to this thread through Elizabeth...but had to comment about your avatar, Broseph02 :P It cracked me up when I saw it LOL
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Return to “NFT/Digital”