Thoughts on NFTs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
DrunkoPop

Re: Thoughts on NFTs

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:12 am

ssklansky wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
ssklansky wrote:Kind of crazy to see value dropping so dramatically these last few drops. HB2 you can basically get Legendary cards less then the cost of a premium pack. Is this trend going to continue or is there going to be a spike. Thoughts?

I’m an avid collector, so the the lower the better for me lol

I here you, less ripping more buying the cards.

Exactly. I look at it in a very fun & positive way. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:47 pm

ssklansky wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
ssklansky wrote:Kind of crazy to see value dropping so dramatically these last few drops. HB2 you can basically get Legendary cards less then the cost of a premium pack. Is this trend going to continue or is there going to be a spike. Thoughts?

But then you get into situations like the House of the Dragon set where they ended up burning the extra packs that no one bought during the sale. Now the packs have swung the other way and are going for way more. It's a tricky balance of buying packs for yourself to try to get a set/redeemables and just outright buying what you need.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:37 pm

kihou wrote:
ssklansky wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

But then you get into situations like the House of the Dragon set where they ended up burning the extra packs that no one bought during the sale. Now the packs have swung the other way and are going for way more. It's a tricky balance of buying packs for yourself to try to get a set/redeemables and just outright buying what you need.

Good Point.
Image Image
ImageImage

mrodr110

Postby mrodr110 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:50 pm

I hate NFT's in general but love the redeemables for Funko so I have been getting the NFTs. Other then D&D which I wanted and wasted money on packs and wasn't satisfied with what I got I have been fairly lucky and gotten something on every drop. So all good.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:14 pm

I'm passive on NFTs but the redemptions are what pull me in. I also love blind boxes so opening packs to see what you get entices me. But gambling on every drop can be dangerous lol...

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:39 pm

I think with the increase in pack size and edition numbers turn some people away. As always, market value drops after the hype period is over, but I think they should keep doing it. It would be cool if they released a deck of cards for completed sets.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

baghramdunks

Postby baghramdunks » Wed May 10, 2023 4:12 pm

This past releases haven’t really been hype tbh. Like there will always be people excited for each drop but if the whole community isn’t hyped for it, then prices will dip. Price dipping isn’t necessarily good or bad tho.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 10, 2023 5:32 pm

I find it cool that some of the most popular drops were the ones with Funko's own IP - just shows you don't necessarily need a license to be successful
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Thu May 11, 2023 6:11 pm

I mean they have increased the pack count so ya increase supply and the demand hasn't really changed much....
:SW7a:

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri May 12, 2023 4:02 pm

Hopesdenial wrote:I'm passive on NFTs but the redemptions are what pull me in. I also love blind boxes so opening packs to see what you get entices me. But gambling on every drop can be dangerous lol...

Love majority of the redeemables and pack opening does bring me excitement from not knowing

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:49 pm

Ok so Im trying to figure out this NFT thing. How do you get a royalty?
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

obudu

Postby obudu » Fri May 12, 2023 7:20 pm

Usually a supply and demand. But I have seen price really dropped after people getting in hand bc undercut each other to flip. That’s what killed the market i guess but as long as I get what I wanted, I’m good. Just received Freddy Space Ghost and already loved it.

obudu

Postby obudu » Fri May 12, 2023 7:21 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:Ok so Im trying to figure out this NFT thing. How do you get a royalty?

You would have to collect all cards in that series (commons/ uncommon/ rare/ epic) to get Royalty redeemable.

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:29 pm

obudu wrote:
Mjacob78 wrote:Ok so Im trying to figure out this NFT thing. How do you get a royalty?

You would have to collect all cards in that series (commons/ uncommon/ rare/ epic) to get Royalty redeemable.

Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”