NFT Coins

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
gospeedracer

Re: NFT Coins

Postby gospeedracer » Fri May 26, 2023 5:04 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:Do you mean getting a physical coin to match the NFT?
In addition to the redeemable pop?

Sounds like it. Kinda like the matching discs/pogs that come with the sodas. Although I'd imagine it'd be difficult with various molds for the coins for the different IPs and series.

OP is just talking about the series coins that you can get in packs and how they currently have no utility whatsoever.

I hope they eventually do something with the coins. I've been collecting or should I say trying to get a coin from all series. I got 5 out of 6 premium DN packs. Gonna hang on to those and probably add one more.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri May 26, 2023 5:16 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Sounds like it. Kinda like the matching discs/pogs that come with the sodas. Although I'd imagine it'd be difficult with various molds for the coins for the different IPs and series.

OP is just talking about the series coins that you can get in packs and how they currently have no utility whatsoever.

I hope they eventually do something with the coins. I've been collecting or should I say trying to get a coin from all series. I got 5 out of 6 premium DN packs. Gonna hang on to those and probably add one more.

If the goal is to be NFT complete, the coins are a cool tell of the hobby. Would be awesome to have a virtual collection room where we can show off what we’ve collected. Veve has one for it’s users/collectors and you can display them in a “vault” and re-arrange it how you like.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:46 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
NightStyle wrote:Someone in one of my NFT group has created these coins if anyone is interested. There is more information, pictures, and video on their post.

Damn, these look awesome.

Wow great job.. those look amazing!
I Collect Stoof :albino:

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:49 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

If the goal is to be NFT complete, the coins are a cool tell of the hobby. Would be awesome to have a virtual collection room where we can show off what we’ve collected. Veve has one for it’s users/collectors and you can display them in a “vault” and re-arrange it how you like.

Ya be cool if there was a physical coin to go with each one

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:17 pm

TheVerdant23 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:

Joke might be on us. By them not saying there would be any benefit to having coins but us thinking they mean something keeps us spending the $$$ to have them. But they are cool looking and I will continue my quest to finish them :freddy3: :freddy3:

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:20 pm

Jmagic wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:
NightStyle wrote:Someone in one of my NFT group has created these coins if anyone is interested. There is more information, pictures, and video on their post.

Dang! These look almost like a slabbed coin except for description and grade but great job :fdo91: =D> :freddy3:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:24 am

gospeedracer wrote:
Jmagic wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:

Dang! These look almost like a slabbed coin except for description and grade but great job :fdo91: =D> :freddy3:

Are they even allowed to do that?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:21 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:
Jmagic wrote:

Are they even allowed to do that?

Probably not but this happens with t-shirt print all the time so I don't know.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022

frozenstate907

Postby frozenstate907 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:12 pm

I feel like coins is a pretty unique idea for the collector's world. I also like the idea of the coin being redeemable for points or pops.

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:12 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Joke might be on us. By them not saying there would be any benefit to having coins but us thinking they mean something keeps us spending the $$$ to have them. But they are cool looking and I will continue my quest to finish them :freddy3: :freddy3:

Hahahah wouldnt that be funny. Like nft coin to present to redeame an exclusive physical pop at convention. I'm well aware of veve and ecomi. early adapter :), got the OG veve logo card from dan and david last year at the booth.

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:15 pm

frozenstate907 wrote:I feel like coins is a pretty unique idea for the collector's world. I also like the idea of the coin being redeemable for points or pops.

Ya a yet to be announced hidden meaning or use of coins would make them awesome

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:33 am

TheVerdant23 wrote:
frozenstate907 wrote:I feel like coins is a pretty unique idea for the collector's world. I also like the idea of the coin being redeemable for points or pops.

Use of coins is mere speculation but you never know
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:06 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:

Use of coins is mere speculation but you never know

one can hope hahah

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:31 pm

It would be dope to have a pop with chance of proto down the road that could only be obtained by having a certain amount of coins.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Return to “NFT/Digital”