SDCC and NFTs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
TheVerdant23

Re: SDCC and NFTs

Postby TheVerdant23 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:27 pm

Jeffryan73 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:
Jeffryan73 wrote:My thought was they would give you Reward points for your NFT pull. Like, 10 points for a common, 20 for uncommon and so on. That might be fun.

ya points for the nft drops be nice considering u get points from purchases from funko online store. or maybe do a retroactive thing for all the coins in each drop

Making use of the coins is a good idea

ya hopefully eventually they do

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:07 pm

TheVerdant23 wrote:
Jeffryan73 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:ya points for the nft drops be nice considering u get points from purchases from funko online store. or maybe do a retroactive thing for all the coins in each drop

Making use of the coins is a good idea

Everyone wish for it since the coin is cool
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:57 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:
Jeffryan73 wrote:Making use of the coins is a good idea

ya they can easily make use of the coins or the extra freddy cards in drops

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:16 am

TheVerdant23 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:ya hopefully eventually they do

The coins are pretty awesome and nice one to collect hope we get a physical atleast
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:44 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

The coins are pretty awesome and nice one to collect hope we get a physical atleast

I just got a cool token today from ST
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:53 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:ya they can easily make use of the coins or the extra freddy cards in drops

nice. out of 4 packs go nothing today. 2 epics and that was it

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:43 am

TheVerdant23 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

nice. out of 4 packs go nothing today. 2 epics and that was it

Atleast 2 epics I got nothing but rares
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

tanman69

Postby tanman69 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:58 am

Im honestly surprised they haven’t done a fundays nft drop. Have it so people at fundays get a couple packs when they come in and have a drop thats available to the public.

Dahhaka1435

Postby Dahhaka1435 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:17 am

That would be an awesome idea!

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:30 pm

Did Funko distribute NFTs at Fundays this year? I haven’t seen anyone post anything about it, but haven’t been paying to close attention.

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 pm

WildBill wrote:Did Funko distribute NFTs at Fundays this year? I haven’t seen anyone post anything about it, but haven’t been paying to close attention.

i'm letting my friends know. my box is with friends to take back but they had 6-7 empty boxes so im telling them double check

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:48 am

TheVerdant23 wrote:
WildBill wrote:Did Funko distribute NFTs at Fundays this year? I haven’t seen anyone post anything about it, but haven’t been paying to close attention.

i'm letting my friends know. my box is with friends to take back but they had 6-7 empty boxes so im telling them double check

The boxes at our table had no NFTs. I don't think they gave them away this year. NFTs and Protos bit the dust it looks like.
Collecting since 2014

perfectprecious

Postby perfectprecious » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:19 am

No, I don't think they did. People would have definitely posted about it if there was. maybe next year!
First Funko POP: Daenerys (Wedding Dress) 2014
Current obsession: Funko Sodas! Ted Lasso Funko POPs

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:22 pm

perfectprecious wrote:

No, I don't think they did. People would have definitely posted about it if there was. maybe next year!

without saying didnt they slip some into boxes last year?

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:52 pm

TheVerdant23 wrote:
perfectprecious wrote:

They were in our boxes of fun last year.
Collecting since 2014

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:26 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:
perfectprecious wrote:

They were in our boxes of fun last year.

that wouldve been nice surprise or turn in our winning Bears medal for redemption

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:56 pm

It would be cool if they had a SDCC Drop with packs that had redemptions seperate from the main drop. I’d definitely participate in that. I know, it kinda feels like NFT Inception but I think it would be cool to go for the con packs & pick up some cool con redeemables. Sky is the limit as far as what the con packs could hold. Could be a mash up of many franchises and really does give room for those one off characters that don’t quite call for a main line release
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:21 pm

PopPChulo wrote:It would be cool if they had a SDCC Drop with packs that had redemptions seperate from the main drop. I’d definitely participate in that. I know, it kinda feels like NFT Inception but I think it would be cool to go for the con packs & pick up some cool con redeemables. Sky is the limit as far as what the con packs could hold. Could be a mash up of many franchises and really does give room for those one off characters that don’t quite call for a main line release

ya they could easily give packs out and people wouldnt know until opening

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:34 am

TheVerdant23 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:It would be cool if they had a SDCC Drop with packs that had redemptions seperate from the main drop. I’d definitely participate in that. I know, it kinda feels like NFT Inception but I think it would be cool to go for the con packs & pick up some cool con redeemables. Sky is the limit as far as what the con packs could hold. Could be a mash up of many franchises and really does give room for those one off characters that don’t quite call for a main line release

Exactly and I think it would be a fun little chase. Especially if it had a royalty as well like most sets
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:15 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:

Exactly and I think it would be a fun little chase. Especially if it had a royalty as well like most sets

or packs that can buy at con and get redeemed later. Be nice if they did a LE nft drop for attendees or something that can only get at convention

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:09 pm

One of the biggest things I hear from people is "What are NFT's" and "I don't know how it works." Maybe next year Funko could hand out cards at SDCC that are redeemable for a 3 card pack. Then have a room set up on the second floor with staff and laptops so people can go there to learn how to set up their accounts and find out how the whole NFT system works.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:39 pm

TheVerdant23 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:ya they could easily give packs out and people wouldnt know until opening

or packs that can buy at con and get redeemed later. Be nice if they did a LE nft drop for attendees or something that can only get at convention

That would actually be sick if you can but x amount of QR codes at the booth. Maybe two premium tickets or 6 standard and just have a scratch off to redeem the code.
PopPChulo

TheVerdant23

Postby TheVerdant23 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:53 am

PopPChulo wrote:
TheVerdant23 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

That would actually be sick if you can but x amount of QR codes at the booth. Maybe two premium tickets or 6 standard and just have a scratch off to redeem the code.

ya.. feel like theyll make changes to the drops in future or include added features.

Wheresmyfunkopop

Postby Wheresmyfunkopop » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:45 am

Charger14 wrote:One of the biggest things I hear from people is "What are NFT's" and "I don't know how it works." Maybe next year Funko could hand out cards at SDCC that are redeemable for a 3 card pack. Then have a room set up on the second floor with staff and laptops so people can go there to learn how to set up their accounts and find out how the whole NFT system works.

100%. I had to research the whole process by watching Youtube videos. But you are right, Funko should have had material to read or videos on NFTs. I do not think NFTs are hard to learn but at the beginning it is a bit overwhelming. The most complicated part is the secondary market on AtomicHub. Learning to create a Wax Wallet and buy/transfer cards.

Return to “NFT/Digital”