SDCC and NFTs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
mongoose12

Re: SDCC and NFTs

Postby mongoose12 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:29 am

I thought the inclusion of NFTs at Fundays and FN was a great touch. I do hope this continues with any event’s planned for this year.

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Tue May 16, 2023 11:08 am

I would definitely like to see some kind of SDCC offering, I really liked last years Funday's NFTs as well.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Tue May 16, 2023 11:53 am

No matter what they do at SDCC - it does feel like this line is going strong and profitable for them. People are collecting the redeemables and the packs sell out immediately. Good sign for Funko overall.

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Tue May 16, 2023 12:40 pm

I think it would be cool if they did a redeemable at sdcc. You get a card like they did at fright night but its for an actual pop.
:freddy2:

Nycc 2022 | IG: missnoobcake3 | Pop, Soda, NFT Collector | Fotw 5/2023

ImageImageImage

Cjcapone85

Postby Cjcapone85 » Tue May 16, 2023 12:42 pm

Could they make it where you scan a code at their booth to claim one? Then they wouldn’t even have to hand out cards or something like that.
Chad
First Pop! Bought in 2014 Glow Super Saiyan Goku
Fundays- ‘22
SDCC- 2014-2023

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:02 pm

wondering if fundays will have an nft surprise in event boxs

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue May 16, 2023 2:08 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:I think it would be cool if they did a redeemable at sdcc. You get a card like they did at fright night but its for an actual pop.

That would be awesome ... hope this happens! =D> =D> =D>
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Tue May 16, 2023 2:45 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
Missnoobcake3 wrote:I think it would be cool if they did a redeemable at sdcc. You get a card like they did at fright night but its for an actual pop.

Or they could have multiple redeemables, like each table get a different one. Depending on the theme that is. :D

Nycc 2022 | IG: missnoobcake3 | Pop, Soda, NFT Collector | Fotw 5/2023

ImageImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue May 16, 2023 2:48 pm

A redeemable would be amazing. They could even have a code and a table where you to pick up.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue May 16, 2023 2:48 pm

A redeemable would be amazing. They could even have a code and a table where you to pick up.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue May 16, 2023 4:43 pm

Missnoobcake3 wrote:
sdcccrasher wrote:

Or they could have multiple redeemables, like each table get a different one. Depending on the theme that is. :D

Redeemables in any form would be Fire!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 16, 2023 5:08 pm

Redeemables + physicals = a winning combination.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 16, 2023 5:20 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I personally think it would be cool if we got actual trading card packs at Fundays with common through grail that you could then redeem online. That would make in person trading awesome and would remind me of being a kid again.

they could give them at the booth also.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Tue May 16, 2023 6:18 pm

Physical packs would be so cool! I'd need to start a new binder!

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

projectGonzo

Postby projectGonzo » Tue May 16, 2023 7:27 pm

lavery01 wrote:The one thing that would be cool is to maybe have a special sdcc nft drop where redeemables can be picked up before the sdcc ends. lol

This would be amazing

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:32 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I personally think it would be cool if we got actual trading card packs at Fundays with common through grail that you could then redeem online. That would make in person trading awesome and would remind me of being a kid again.

This could be awesome if we could get some of the cards in physical form down the line.

obudu

Postby obudu » Wed May 17, 2023 2:00 am

mrodr110 wrote:
obudu wrote:They might do Fundays NFT like last year. Lol I still have a sealed pack. Never opened it lol lol

They did it at NYCC Fright Night too so this is the most likely thing they will do.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's good to know. Thank you for your information.

obudu

Postby obudu » Wed May 17, 2023 2:01 am

scullysdad wrote:
obudu wrote:They might do Fundays NFT like last year. Lol I still have a sealed pack. Never opened it lol lol

My wife and I each got one and redeemed them, but when I pulled the rare on the first pack I left the other unsealed. I tried a few times to trade for a different team but no luck.

I was thinking to open it, it was very tempting. But someone already pulled 1 of 1 from Bandits which is my team, so I left it sealed :D

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Wed May 17, 2023 3:54 am

I'm hoping for redeemables in the cards. I liked the surprise we got last year but it was a bit of a letdown when it was strictly digital.

mrodr110

Postby mrodr110 » Wed May 17, 2023 1:10 pm

obudu wrote:
mrodr110 wrote:

They did it at NYCC Fright Night too so this is the most likely thing they will do.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's good to know. Thank you for your information.

No problem. I just wish they would do a chance at a redeemable as part of it as well.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 17, 2023 5:34 pm

mrodr110 wrote:
obudu wrote:
mrodr110 wrote:

No problem. I just wish they would do a chance at a redeemable as part of it as well.

I definitely see that happening this year.

TimmyTom

Postby TimmyTom » Wed May 17, 2023 6:55 pm

I'd imagine fundays attendees will be getting whatever the fundays theme is of this year. Most likely mascots but I'd prefer if it was freddy funko nfts

obudu

Postby obudu » Wed May 17, 2023 8:51 pm

mrodr110 wrote:
obudu wrote:
mrodr110 wrote:

I really wish they do 1 of 1 as proto redeemable.

obudu

Postby obudu » Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 pm

mattytreks wrote:
mrodr110 wrote:
obudu wrote:Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's good to know. Thank you for your information.

I definitely see that happening this year.

I can see that happening too. They said it will be biggest fundays event ever. Can't wait!

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Wed May 17, 2023 10:43 pm

Could they do something quirky like they did with April Fools and have a full SDCC themed NFT drop?? Maybe just 3 redeemables..

Freddy as SDCC Line Volunteer (with end of line sign accessory)
Freddy in Hall H line (with folding chair accessory!)
A special SDCC Toucan or something themed along that line.
Freddy at Fundays (with a Fundays t-shirt or something) - now this would be meta!

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed May 17, 2023 11:48 pm

billyconard wrote:Could they do something quirky like they did with April Fools and have a full SDCC themed NFT drop?? Maybe just 3 redeemables..

Freddy at Fundays (with a Fundays t-shirt or something) - now this would be meta!

Love this idea, and really hope it comes to fruition.

Cjcapone85

Postby Cjcapone85 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:50 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:Physical trading cards at cons and events sounds like something that could help get more people into Funko NFT’s. Maybe there will be one in the Fun On the Run box.

I think they would need a way to keep it at one pack a day or something like that. Scan badges or put a code on your account. Something so it gets spread out a little bit
Chad
Fundays- ‘22
SDCC- 2014-2023

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:54 am

Cjcapone85 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:Physical trading cards at cons and events sounds like something that could help get more people into Funko NFT’s. Maybe there will be one in the Fun On the Run box.

I think they would need a way to keep it at one pack a day or something like that. Scan badges or put a code on your account. Something so it gets spread out a little bit

At cons, Funko typically has a “you can only buy one of each item” policy. It’s also pretty difficult to get into the booth more than once anyway.
Hi! I’m Eric

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu May 18, 2023 12:01 pm

Dave17251 wrote:I'm hoping for redeemables in the cards. I liked the surprise we got last year but it was a bit of a letdown when it was strictly digital.

Always look at the positive side, saves space for other Pops!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Thu May 18, 2023 12:41 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Cjcapone85 wrote:

At cons, Funko typically has a “you can only buy one of each item” policy. It’s also pretty difficult to get into the booth more than once anyway.

You bring up a good point on the difficulty of selling physical packs because of the lottery system SDCC uses. But it still could be done. And they could keep it out of the main lottery and put it just in their booth as a separate purchase. It just depends on how popular it would be. Would people go nuts like they do with physical pops or would they mostly ignore it and leave it to us NFT collectors that also like physical trading cards...?

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Thu May 18, 2023 5:01 pm

Now to start wondering what the theme will be IF that was to happen. Ahhh! SDCC is just around the corner and im just excited

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Thu May 18, 2023 6:52 pm

billyconard wrote:Couple of questions for the people that regularly contribute here....

What do you want to see regarding SDCC and Funko NFTs?

Is there any interest in people from this forum meeting up and chatting NFTs and Funko for a bit?

What do you think Funko will do with SDCC and NFTs (this is different than what you want)?

interesting, would deffinitely down
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:13 pm

billyconard wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Cjcapone85 wrote:I think they would need a way to keep it at one pack a day or something like that. Scan badges or put a code on your account. Something so it gets spread out a little bit

You bring up a good point on the difficulty of selling physical packs because of the lottery system SDCC uses. But it still could be done. And they could keep it out of the main lottery and put it just in their booth as a separate purchase. It just depends on how popular it would be. Would people go nuts like they do with physical pops or would they mostly ignore it and leave it to us NFT collectors that also like physical trading cards...?

I think it would be really popular. Especially if there were exclusive redeemables in the pack.
Hi! I’m Eric

Cjcapone85

Postby Cjcapone85 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:07 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Cjcapone85 wrote:

I know how the booth is. I was saying it has more of a handout like they do with the pins, not a purchase in the booth.
Chad
Fundays- ‘22
SDCC- 2014-2023

Cjcapone85

Postby Cjcapone85 » Fri May 19, 2023 2:10 pm

billyconard wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Cjcapone85 wrote:I think they would need a way to keep it at one pack a day or something like that. Scan badges or put a code on your account. Something so it gets spread out a little bit

I think it would only be a must have if there were redeemables. I don’t think it would sell that good if it was like Fundays and just a digital pop
Chad
Fundays- ‘22
SDCC- 2014-2023

mastakimchi

Postby mastakimchi » Fri May 19, 2023 4:41 pm

phsyical cards would be a good way of advertisement for the nfts at cons.. really liked the idea of it being like dc hro

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri May 19, 2023 5:33 pm

mastakimchi wrote:phsyical cards would be a good way of advertisement for the nfts at cons.. really liked the idea of it being like dc hro

Fantastic reference to the Hro DC cards. That was a really fun experience at SDCC last year -- the perfect combination of NFT-meets-physical-meets-pop culture. it would be amazing if Funko had something similar.

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri May 19, 2023 6:35 pm

billyconard wrote:Could they do something quirky like they did with April Fools and have a full SDCC themed NFT drop?? Maybe just 3 redeemables..

This would be awesome I think someone in another discussion asked for a Freddy based on the patrol crew and this would be perfect for these redemptions

molodamus

Postby molodamus » Sun May 21, 2023 10:30 am

Not sure how it works, but Funko would probably need some sort of NFT license with SDCC to make official SDCC logoed NFTs
Time is money friend
SDCC since 2014
NYCC since 2014
Fundays 2016
Fundays 2022

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Sun May 21, 2023 11:11 am

mattytreks wrote:
mastakimchi wrote:phsyical cards would be a good way of advertisement for the nfts at cons.. really liked the idea of it being like dc hro

Fantastic reference to the Hro DC cards. That was a really fun experience at SDCC last year -- the perfect combination of NFT-meets-physical-meets-pop culture. it would be amazing if Funko had something similar.

I’m hoping that they have them again in the BOF.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Return to “NFT/Digital”