DC’s The Dark Knight Trilogy x Series 1

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
professorratigan

Re: DC’s The Dark Knight Trilogy x Series 1

Postby professorratigan » Tue May 23, 2023 3:28 pm

So, this was my first time ever dipping my toe in the water. I'm a massive Batman Villain fan, specifically of Two-Face. So, that's the only reason I even attempted this. I bought two premium packs. How do I know if I got a redeemable card? I got several Epic and Rare ones, but how does this translate to redemption? I honestly have no interest in just the digital "cards." How do I unload them? Did I just waste 60 dollars? This is honestly confusing as heck to me...
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue May 23, 2023 3:36 pm

I snagged a Grail Two Face and Legendary Selena, finished up the royalty about 15 minutes ago with selling some spare epics and rares. I was really hoping for a Bane or Scarecrow along with Two Face, but that will put me back into NFT retirement until a Smallville set or similar is released.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:37 pm

professorratigan wrote:So, this was my first time ever dipping my toe in the water. I'm a massive Batman Villain fan, specifically of Two-Face. So, that's the only reason I even attempted this. I bought two premium packs. How do I know if I got a redeemable card? I got several Epic and Rare ones, but how does this translate to redemption? I honestly have no interest in just the digital "cards." How do I unload them? Did I just waste 60 dollars? This is honestly confusing as heck to me...

The only redeemable NFTs are Legendary and Grail, so if you don't have any of those then you don't have any redeemables. If you collect every common, uncommon, rare and epic then you get the Freddy, in this case Freddy as Commissioner Gordon. If you don't want to collect Royalty then you can sell all your NFTs on the atomichub marketplace. I think of these packs as a lottery ticket, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but you can win if you don't play.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue May 23, 2023 3:37 pm

professorratigan wrote:So, this was my first time ever dipping my toe in the water. I'm a massive Batman Villain fan, specifically of Two-Face. So, that's the only reason I even attempted this. I bought two premium packs. How do I know if I got a redeemable card? I got several Epic and Rare ones, but how does this translate to redemption? I honestly have no interest in just the digital "cards." How do I unload them? Did I just waste 60 dollars? This is honestly confusing as heck to me...

The redeemable ones are noted by Legendary or Grail, you can sort by that in your collection. They are a blind bag gamble so they're not really worth the money you put in unless you pull a redeemable, unfortunately.
ImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:38 pm

jagpop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:Pulled my first grail ever! Two Face!

Very nice! What kind of pack and was it from the drop or Ahub?

Thanks! It was out of the first premium pack I opened (drop).

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 pm

jagpop wrote:What was everyone hoping to pull? What was your biggest want from this drop? I wanted to pull a Scarecrow and Bane as priority and only pulled a Bane. How about everyone else?

I think the Scarecrow legendary is my favorite redeemable in this set. Freddy as Gordon is also really good.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:41 pm

Completely blanked today and missed the drop. Oh well. Good luck opening everyone! The fates told me I needed to sit this one out.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:41 pm

I opened a couple premium packs so far and got a Bruce Wayne legendary. I’ll wait until tonight to open a couple more.
Poppin'

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:46 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
jagpop wrote:

Very nice! What kind of pack and was it from the drop or Ahub?

Thanks! It was out of the first premium pack I opened (drop).

Nice! I feel like the premiums have been hitting more for me lately. Standards were where it was for a while.

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Congrats. Great one to get
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue May 23, 2023 3:58 pm

kihou wrote:I got lucky with this set and got the Grail and one legendary with my packs! And I'm pretty close to a royalty.

Awesome. Congrats

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue May 23, 2023 4:00 pm

I was got a few packs and got a Bruce and Selena Redeemable.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 23, 2023 4:05 pm

Slipped this in before Yoga today but no luck. It's odd I am just helping and I still get bummed when I have no luck.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue May 23, 2023 4:23 pm

NCDS wrote:Slipped this in before Yoga today but no luck. It's odd I am just helping and I still get bummed when I have no luck.

I was supposed to help and got sidetracked so you did better than me lol I wasn't as excited about these so I passed. I'm sure funko will get me next release though... there have been too many awesome ones.
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 23, 2023 4:25 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:Slipped this in before Yoga today but no luck. It's odd I am just helping and I still get bummed when I have no luck.

I was supposed to help and got sidetracked so you did better than me lol I wasn't as excited about these so I passed. I'm sure funko will get me next release though... there have been too many awesome ones.

I think everyone likes it better when I pass, that means more help. I am doomed when Scott Pilgrim comes.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue May 23, 2023 4:38 pm

kihou wrote:
jagpop wrote:What was everyone hoping to pull? What was your biggest want from this drop? I wanted to pull a Scarecrow and Bane as priority and only pulled a Bane. How about everyone else?

I think the Scarecrow legendary is my favorite redeemable in this set. Freddy as Gordon is also really good.

That Scarecrow is really really cool looking. Now we must wait for them to be delivered, hopefully in decent shape... lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Tue May 23, 2023 4:42 pm

Sorry to join the cacophony of folks who don't quite get how it all works. I missed the drop, but I found the aftermarket site. All I really want from the wave is Scarecrow (but I REALLY want him). If I were to buy someone's Scarecrow NFT, I'd be able to redeem it for the physical pop later on? Could I theoretically own and redeem 2, or do they limit each redemption to 1 per person?
:dkjoker1:

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue May 23, 2023 4:49 pm

tigsabud1 wrote:Sorry to join the cacophony of folks who don't quite get how it all works. I missed the drop, but I found the aftermarket site. All I really want from the wave is Scarecrow (but I REALLY want him). If I were to buy someone's Scarecrow NFT, I'd be able to redeem it for the physical pop later on? Could I theoretically own and redeem 2, or do they limit each redemption to 1 per person?

Yes if you buy the nft now you will be able to redeem it in 120 days. You can redeem as many as you want, no limits. Just make sure it's the legendary.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 pm

tigsabud1 wrote:Sorry to join the cacophony of folks who don't quite get how it all works. I missed the drop, but I found the aftermarket site. All I really want from the wave is Scarecrow (but I REALLY want him). If I were to buy someone's Scarecrow NFT, I'd be able to redeem it for the physical pop later on? Could I theoretically own and redeem 2, or do they limit each redemption to 1 per person?

For instance, if you buy the redeemable on Atomic Hub you should transfer it to your Droppp account and wait until the redeem date. When they day arrives Droppp will deposit a coin into your account used to redeem. There is a special redeem page that lets you enter your shipping address, it's very easy to do even though it may seem daunting your first time up.
ImageImageImage

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Tue May 23, 2023 5:00 pm

10 premium, 6 legendary no Bane and Grail plus 1 Royalty
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Tue May 23, 2023 5:00 pm

theraven00 wrote:I opened a couple premium packs so far and got a Bruce Wayne legendary. I’ll wait until tonight to open a couple more.

goodluck
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue May 23, 2023 5:01 pm

Yes if you buy the NFT Scarecrow from AtomicHub marketplace then you will get the POP! after the redemption period closes in 120 days. There is no limit to how many you can redeem. Also probably best to wait a little bit for that one and prices will likely come down. Just don’t wait until the last few weeks because then prices tend to trend up a little again. At least that’s what I would do if I was in your shoes.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 pm

I don't understand why this all has to be done via three or four different sites... It's ridiculously convoluted. Like...why can I not just BUY the damn thing directly? Incredibly frustrating and contrived. A dreadful experience.
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue May 23, 2023 5:09 pm

pberickp wrote:

Yes if you buy the NFT Scarecrow from AtomicHub marketplace then you will get the POP! after the redemption period closes in 120 days. There is no limit to how many you can redeem. Also probably best to wait a little bit for that one and prices will likely come down. Just don’t wait until the last few weeks because then prices tend to trend up a little again. At least that’s what I would do if I was in your shoes.

I agree - the first days of the drop seem kinda chaotic as everyone is trying to figure out the market and what they're missing and find deals. Then the few days before redemption everything also seems to be chaotic because people are trying to sell their extras last minute or get rid of packs. It's not 100% but I personally would wait a bit until buying a Scarecrow just for things to settle down.

And yes, as long as you have the Legendary Scarecrow NFT in your droppp wallet when the snapshot is taken, you will get a coin that is burned and that results in a redeemable. Or if you had two of the NFT, you'd get two coins and could redeem for two. The coin(s) go to whoever has the NFT(s) at the snapshot time. Once the snapshot happens, you still keep the Legendary card in your wallet.

Definitely feel free to ask any more questions, I think everyone here is happy to help since it can be a lot to learn!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Tue May 23, 2023 5:39 pm

Thanks for all the help, guys! I've been lucky enough to avoid the NFT market up until now, but Scarecrow is my all-time favorite villain, and I've been hoping for a Nolan version for ages! Just my luck he'd only be available via NFT! Got all my accounts set up, but boy was it a headache! lol
:dkjoker1:

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Tue May 23, 2023 6:14 pm

Tried my luck again with 6 standard packs... and NOTHING. I'll go back to being very, very selective with sets when opening packs. Makes more sense to just buy what you need in the long run.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue May 23, 2023 7:03 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Tried my luck again with 6 standard packs... and NOTHING. I'll go back to being very, very selective with sets when opening packs. Makes more sense to just buy what you need in the long run.

With this drop, it does make more sense to pick them off individually. Selina and Bruce are very affordable right now. Bane is a little pricey and I think it will only continue to climb. Two Face, forget about it, I'll never have it unless it's a trade... lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue May 23, 2023 7:34 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:

I think everyone likes it better when I pass, that means more help. I am doomed when Scott Pilgrim comes.

I'll be your helper then. I don't need Scott Pilgrim.
Image Image ImageImage

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Tue May 23, 2023 7:49 pm

I hit with a Legendary Bruce today but I will sell to continue in completion of the Royalty Freddy.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 23, 2023 8:00 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I was supposed to help and got sidetracked so you did better than me lol I wasn't as excited about these so I passed. I'm sure funko will get me next release though... there have been too many awesome ones.

From now on I only help people who don't need Scot Pilgrim :roflmao:
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Meckdee

Postby Meckdee » Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 pm

How'd everyone do? Wanted Harvey Dent and Bane BAD and couldnt get literally anything after ripping 20 standards and 5 premiums lol
-Triple P- :freddy3:
FDO8:SF / FDO9:SAC / Fundays2018 / Fundays2022

mastakimchi

Postby mastakimchi » Tue May 23, 2023 8:13 pm

got legendary catwoman.. wanted bane or scarecrow

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Tue May 23, 2023 8:37 pm

Bought two prem packs. HIt a lot of epics and rares. Also, hit the Scarecrow Legendary! Let's go!
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue May 23, 2023 9:09 pm

Meckdee wrote:How'd everyone do? Wanted Harvey Dent and Bane BAD and couldnt get literally anything after ripping 20 standards and 5 premiums lol

Wow, that is brutal!! I'm so sorry to hear that.
I be Chris

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue May 23, 2023 9:12 pm

Meckdee wrote:How'd everyone do? Wanted Harvey Dent and Bane BAD and couldnt get literally anything after ripping 20 standards and 5 premiums lol

Ouch :eek: Hopefully you have better luck on the next one.

That's why I decided to skip packs for this one, I had flashbacks of the times I struck out and spent $300+ for both Avatar and WB Horror.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue May 23, 2023 9:35 pm

Wow...that's a lot of packs. Did you at least get a royalty?

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue May 23, 2023 9:36 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

So not many people :D
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 23, 2023 9:54 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I'll be your helper then. I don't need Scott Pilgrim.

I about choked on my dinner when I read this. =D>
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Tue May 23, 2023 9:56 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I'll be your helper then. I don't need Scott Pilgrim.

=D> =D> =D>
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue May 23, 2023 9:58 pm

I thought about trying for the Scarecrow today since it's my fave of the bunch, but decided to make the hard choice and pass instead. Hope everyone got what they wanted.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Return to “NFT/Digital”