Star Wars NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
deadlycollects

Re: Star Wars NFT

Postby deadlycollects » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:Looks like Disney NFT Pops will never contain a Freddy Funko pop. I mean, this is only the second one... but since both were Droppp Exclusives and both did not have a Freddy Royalty, it leads me to believe it's in the contract Funko made with Disney

If they can do it for fundays they should do it here 8-[

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:Looks like Disney NFT Pops will never contain a Freddy Funko pop. I mean, this is only the second one... but since both were Droppp Exclusives and both did not have a Freddy Royalty, it leads me to believe it's in the contract Funko made with Disney

If they can do it for fundays they should do it here 8-[

I'm they can do it but didnt want to
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:54 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:What a disappointing drop. Pass on these.

A royalty Freddy Star Wars alone would have easily helped get all the packs sold.

I can't imagine the deluxe pop surviving shipping.

I agree, I will also pass.

molodamus

Postby molodamus » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:55 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:What a disappointing drop. Pass on these.

A royalty Freddy Star Wars alone would have easily helped get all the packs sold.

I can't imagine the deluxe pop surviving shipping.

Definitely an epic fail without a Freddy royalty!
Time is money friend
SDCC since 2014
NYCC since 2014
Fundays 2016
Fundays 2022

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:09 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Oof big fail. I’d say 75% of people who were excited are now passing.

I agree. I was super excited about this but will now have to pass.
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:04 am

Those redeemables.... ooof! If they work for you, then I'm happy for you. I'll be sitting this round out. Hopefully series 2 has some stuff that provokes my interest a bit more.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:05 am

I kinda like the Han half melted but wish they went another direction with most of them.

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:44 am

It's great they finally have Star Wars NFTs! I was hoping for a cool Freddy... oh well. Good luck to all who participate!
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:38 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:I’m a little bummed there no Freddy funko as chewy

Good news for you, there already is a Freddy as Chewy from Fundays 2023!

Legit? Now I have to get that one lol

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:35 pm

I would be shocked if this set sells out. The fact there isn't a Royalty Freddy, Deluxe pops only, and Droppp exclusive just feels like they really kneecapped their audience.

But, like I said before, I believe this was all in the contract to get the NFT license from Disney.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:29 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:I’m a little bummed there no Freddy funko as chewy

Good news for you, there already is a Freddy as Chewy from Fundays 2023!

Legit? Now I have to get that one lol

Yes it's out there already not so cheap though
Fright Night 2022

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:56 pm

I really like the redeemables for this, could be an expensive one, lucky or not on packs.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 pm

digithor wrote:I really like the redeemables for this, could be an expensive one, lucky or not on packs.

I doubt it, unless they change the redeemables to be 4-inches. The general impression from talking with various people is that this may sell out because it's Star Wars, but not many are super excited for this.

araviele

Postby araviele » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:53 pm

diabolix wrote:
digithor wrote:I really like the redeemables for this, could be an expensive one, lucky or not on packs.

I doubt it, unless they change the redeemables to be 4-inches. The general impression from talking with various people is that this may sell out because it's Star Wars, but not many are super excited for this.

I really hope that this does well the sake of NFTs and droppp continuing. But a sellout of 30 and 35k for a Freddy-less non 999 Grail all non-4inch set is really tough to imagine. Don't get me wrong.. possibly not as bad as other sets in terms of percentages, but still a tough sell
ImageImage

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:53 am

deadlycollects wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:I wish there was a Freddy………man

Hopefully next time ](*,)

Yeah hopefully………

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:05 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Chingy wrote:Am I the only one who likes them and thinks they look great?

They look cool but not for a NFT set. They also ruined the idea of a Grail with this set by changing it from 999 to 1980.

I'm a little confused by the "not for a NFT set" comment. What should an NFT set look like that's different from a normal set?

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:24 pm

Chingy wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
Chingy wrote:Am I the only one who likes them and thinks they look great?

They look cool but not for a NFT set. They also ruined the idea of a Grail with this set by changing it from 999 to 1980.

I'm a little confused by the "not for a NFT set" comment. What should an NFT set look like that's different from a normal set?

I think the basic sentiment was that they would be better served as normal releases as they are not as unique as NFT redeemables have been (mostly) in the past.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:21 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
Chingy wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

I think the basic sentiment was that they would be better served as normal releases as they are not as unique as NFT redeemables have been (mostly) in the past.

Yeah for me it's a combination of that and the fact they are Pop Deluxe and not standard Pops.

Most people display all their NFT Pops together and now you'd have these giant boxes for this set. Also shipping is going to be a nightmare.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:38 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:I would be shocked if this set sells out. The fact there isn't a Royalty Freddy, Deluxe pops only, and Droppp exclusive just feels like they really kneecapped their audience.

But, like I said before, I believe this was all in the contract to get the NFT license from Disney.

Very well said. Add in the quantities for packs and physicals, and this drop definitely feels like it’s fighting against a lot of factors to be a sell out. Then again, it is Star Wars.

Here’s my thinking though - that Royalty is going to be in real short supply when all is said and done. Having this only tradeable on the Droppp marketplace could really limit the # of people getting complete sets I suspect.

Has anyone tracked the Disney Royalty final production numbers? I believe that set was exclusive to their marketplace too. But redemptions are done yet I believe, so we probably don’t know how many there will be. You’d have to do some deep blockchain sleuthing I think to figure out accounts that had all the required NFTs….

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:55 pm

I have been eagerly awaiting this release...way over due... however, not overly impressed by the physical figures. I think the hanging Luke would be my most desirable. The Carbonite Han, would be cooler if there was more "partial with red highlights" showing a better thawing process... not just the head.

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm

araviele wrote:
diabolix wrote:

I really hope that this does well the sake of NFTs and droppp continuing. But a sellout of 30 and 35k for a Freddy-less non 999 Grail all non-4inch set is really tough to imagine. Don't get me wrong.. possibly not as bad as other sets in terms of percentages, but still a tough sell

Yeah, you said it better than I ever could. I do hope it does well too cause I would love an Anime or Marvel NFT set. If it doesn't do well, that's okay too. I'm not gonna miss the NFT bros trying to control the market and charging absurd prices for their NFTs

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am

diabolix wrote:
araviele wrote:
diabolix wrote:

Yeah, you said it better than I ever could. I do hope it does well too cause I would love an Anime or Marvel NFT set. If it doesn't do well, that's okay too. I'm not gonna miss the NFT bros trying to control the market and charging absurd prices for their NFTs

I think this will sell out regardless if it's all 4 inch but doing deluxe is bad idea, people are scared getting it damage
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

araviele

Postby araviele » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:31 am

diabolix wrote:
araviele wrote:
diabolix wrote:

It's 100% gunna get stupid with prices and then fomo for sure. We aren't going to sell out and there is gunna be a burn. Shortly after people will buy it all up and inflate the market prices. Just gunna ignore the set I think tbf
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:37 am

billyconard wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:I would be shocked if this set sells out. The fact there isn't a Royalty Freddy, Deluxe pops only, and Droppp exclusive just feels like they really kneecapped their audience.

Very well said. Add in the quantities for packs and physicals, and this drop definitely feels like it’s fighting against a lot of factors to be a sell out. Then again, it is Star Wars.

Here’s my thinking though - that Royalty is going to be in real short supply when all is said and done. Having this only tradeable on the Droppp marketplace could really limit the # of people getting complete sets I suspect.

Has anyone tracked the Disney Royalty final production numbers? I believe that set was exclusive to their marketplace too. But redemptions are done yet I believe, so we probably don’t know how many there will be. You’d have to do some deep blockchain sleuthing I think to figure out accounts that had all the required NFTs….

I think burn of unsold packs were released - 5811 Standards burnt and 13013 premiums. We will need to get closer to snapshot tho to actualize how many of each we have coming.

Currently 560 royalty sets have been made
433 grails have been found
786-812 range on each of the Legendaries in hand.
ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:49 pm

Oof yeah seems like a pretty big mis-read of what the market is wanting right now.
Things that take up more space ESPECIALLY is something that takes up space!

Some kind of clone wars or old republic era drop wouldve been very unique and fun!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 pm

conventiongeek wrote:I have been eagerly awaiting this release...way over due... however, not overly impressed by the physical figures. I think the hanging Luke would be my most desirable. The Carbonite Han, would be cooler if there was more "partial with red highlights" showing a better thawing process... not just the head.

The hanging luke is cool, my issue is there’s already a regular size version of it lol
Instagram- calebshiny

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 pm

The lack of Freddy is disturbing.
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:10 pm

I'm definitely not going in as much as I anticipated but as someone with a gambling addiction with mystery boxes and packs; I still need to try lol.

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Some kind of clone wars or old republic era drop wouldve been very unique and fun!

I thought for sure we would get an Episode I set. It's the 25th Anniversary and I have read that both Hot Toys and Hasbro will be releasing a bunch of stuff so I thought this would be the same and focus on TPM.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 pm

Would of loved a Freddy, A new Maul but always happy with StR Wars funko pops.

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:03 pm

I will also be shocked if it sells out, but we will have to wait and see. Good luck to those who purchase any packs.

FunkoMatt857697

Postby FunkoMatt857697 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:42 pm

Disappointed like everyone else, but I'll probably still buy some packs. I'm glad I didn't skip any of the other releases to save money for this one!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:13 pm

scullysdad wrote:I thought for sure we would get an Episode I set. It's the 25th Anniversary and I have read that both Hot Toys and Hasbro will be releasing a bunch of stuff so I thought this would be the same and focus on TPM.

Dang yeah true!! LEGO is even gonna be doing stuff too!
Couldve made a Qui Gon Freddy or a Captain Pancake, whatever his name is lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:09 pm

scullysdad wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Some kind of clone wars or old republic era drop wouldve been very unique and fun!

I thought for sure we would get an Episode I set. It's the 25th Anniversary and I have read that both Hot Toys and Hasbro will be releasing a bunch of stuff so I thought this would be the same and focus on TPM.

They could always use those for a separate release, convention exclusive perhaps.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:30 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I thought for sure we would get an Episode I set. It's the 25th Anniversary and I have read that both Hot Toys and Hasbro will be releasing a bunch of stuff so I thought this would be the same and focus on TPM.

Dang yeah true!! LEGO is even gonna be doing stuff too!
Couldve made a Qui Gon Freddy or a Captain Pancake, whatever his name is lol

Tanaka ???

lol
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 am

FunkoMatt857697 wrote:Disappointed like everyone else, but I'll probably still buy some packs. I'm glad I didn't skip any of the other releases to save money for this one!

Yeah a lot of people are
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:14 pm

We will have to see. I do think lack of Freddy hurts. I also think the molds are okay. The thing is though Disney fandom is something else, and there is nothing like it. What hampers a sell out is Funko hasn't really pushed NFTs to the mass audience and such, so I think there isn't a lot of cross pollination of disney fanatics and funko. The ones that crossover are a fan of both, not getting funko items only due to their Disney fandom.
Collecting since 2014

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:01 pm

While I'm disappointed that there's no Freddy, and most of the molds are well under expectation, I do think that Leia is the stand out in these figures. She's not based on any costume in the movie, instead being based on the costume and pose in the poster. Additionally, this figure is basically a mini Pop Poster, which is kinda cool! I do not appreciate calling it glow in the dark, when the part that glows is a small part of the poster, but the poster IS part of the base, so... I guess... I will be going for her and ripping a pack or 3.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:48 pm

billyconard wrote:

I can tell you at any point in time how many have been completed so far... visit popinstock.com and see for yourself.
At 4:45 PM EDT there have been 562 of 2500 Disney Royalties completed so far.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:51 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
billyconard wrote:

I can tell you at any point in time how many have been completed so far... visit popinstock.com and see for yourself.
At 4:45 PM EDT there have been 562 of 2500 Disney Royalties completed so far.

Those usually jumps before redemption period end.
Fright Night 2022

Return to “NFT/Digital”