Making NFT’s exciting again

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
PokemonMastaASH

Re: Making NFT’s exciting again

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:40 pm

probably bigger IPs they feel like they can get more money with more packs. Which is why JP, ST, DK, and GOT have had huge releases and they had to burn packs because there was too much. it really costs them no money to have more packs out there and burn them later. You loose money though if you have too little packs and everything gets sold out. My guess is that lower count pack releases were the minimal cost to get their money back, but this is just a guess

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:46 pm

Maybe add something that people can redeem besides pops, Maybe a ticket to get early access to event exclusives. A mega grail ticket would get access to Funko fun days if they can attend. That might just want me want to buy a pack or two per drop.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:30 pm

PokemonMastaASH wrote:I think the problem is the fluctuations on pack counts. The last drop Jurassic Park had a huge amount of packs which is kind bad for me IMO because it makes getting the grail that much harder. I wish they would just make a standard amount of packs and leave it there.

Yea too many packs equals to lesser chances to hitting which means people wont wanna pay to risk even getting a epic at least

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:54 pm

Add physical cards with the redeemables along with coins. Adding little things like that would be cool. They also could have Chases randomly sprinkled in with the redeemables.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

zackispoppin

Postby zackispoppin » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:28 pm

Although the past few drops have been underwhelming compared to others, I’m still very surprised drops like ST and JP didn’t sell out. What’s even more surprising to me is that the redeemables from sets with burnt packs are much rarer than advertised. Blue Diamond is supposed to be 999pc, but with the burn, statistically, no more than 555 should be pulled… and that’s with every remaining pack opened. I wouldn’t be surprised if the redemption doesn’t even hit 500 units. Yet the card is far cheaper than other grails with much larger edition sizes. IP aside, it’s hard to imagine a pop with less than 600pc is selling for a fraction of some that are 1000pc or more. Maybe it’s the waiting game people are turned off by because even some legendary cards are below $30 for redeemables under 2000pc. I just think the novelty is gone for most people but I love it.
Yes... we're still here! Hoping Fundays 2024 will be my first! :bounce:

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:21 pm

Sorry for the response wall, but yeah... here we go

I honestly, don't mind the current cadence. It allows them to sell lines of pops I don't care as much about.
I've heard some people say that Funko has gotten most of the bots out, which is why they aren't selling as much as they are lately. Obviously, only funko can know this to be a fact, I can seemingly trust it.
I agree with trying to spice things up in the variety of this stuff... Why haven't they done a 6" pop? or Flocked? or GITD?
Sodas... did those have a different look to their can? I cannot remember. As much as I would like more sodas in the redeemable set... It's feels weird to me if just 1 redeemable is a soda.. why not a whole set? Or why not double the redeemables and have 1 set as Pops and 1 set as Sodas?

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:18 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:Sodas... did those have a different look to their can? I cannot remember. As much as I would like more sodas in the redeemable set... It's feels weird to me if just 1 redeemable is a soda.. why not a whole set? Or why not double the redeemables and have 1 set as Pops and 1 set as Sodas?

The Sodas did look different. The cans were black instead of the normal white.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:29 am

For me the biggest problem is waiting like 10 months to receive the item. If people can forget to redeem there is something wrong. The Dark Knight set isn’t slated until Q2 of 2024.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:12 pm

Valde wrote:For me the biggest problem is waiting like 10 months to receive the item. If people can forget to redeem there is something wrong. The Dark Knight set isn’t slated until Q2 of 2024.

Yeah, Halloween 2 has started shipping for some people and that was dropped 11 months ago. The plus side of it all is when I get five Pops in the mail and my wife gets mad at the money I spent, I get to tell her I spent the money almost a year ago lol
Last edited by scullysdad on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:46 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Valde wrote:For me the biggest problem is waiting like 10 months to receive the item. If people can forget to redeem there is something wrong. The Dark Knight set isn’t slated until Q2 of 2024.

Yeah, Halloween 2 has started shipping for some people and that was dropped 11 months ago. The plus side of it all is when I get five Pops in the mail and Amy wife gets mad at the money I spent, I get to tell her I spent the money almost a year ago lol

That's some collector math right there. :roflmao:
Our biggest problem is there have been a few instances we would be out of town when redeemables were shipped out and our post office is wonky in that they sometimes don't acknowledge our requests for mail holds.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

funkoz34

Postby funkoz34 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:33 am

I just can't get back into NFTs. It's such a big gamble just trying to get a redeemable. I tried on 3 different drops and never got any redeemable and from there I decided I will never purchase again..
SDCC 22
Wondercon 23
IG: z34.collectibles
:freddy3:

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:40 am

As both a NFT and Pop collector, I'm really drawn into the unique design aspect. If you go back to TMNT and look at how unique those pops were considered for the time, that's a huge factor for me. Something that's "common" looking, unless I'm a massive fan of the character or they've never been made, I'll probably pass on it.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:23 pm

sealordbrian wrote:As both a NFT and Pop collector, I'm really drawn into the unique design aspect. If you go back to TMNT and look at how unique those pops were considered for the time, that's a huge factor for me. Something that's "common" looking, unless I'm a massive fan of the character or they've never been made, I'll probably pass on it.

what was so unique with the TMNT set?
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

post31

Postby post31 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Jarrieta13 wrote:Maybe add something that people can redeem besides pops, Maybe a ticket to get early access to event exclusives. A mega grail ticket would get access to Funko fun days if they can attend. That might just want me want to buy a pack or two per drop.

This would be so awesome.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

post31

Postby post31 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:24 pm

This is understandable and probably the worst part. Like why not sell the NFT’s once you have the pops in stock. It’s not like they are destroying the ones that don’t get claimed.
SDCC 1998 - current
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

post31

Postby post31 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:25 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Add physical cards with the redeemables along with coins. Adding little things like that would be cool. They also could have Chases randomly sprinkled in with the redeemables.

That would be kind of cool. Though I want hologram cards that have motion like some of the NFT cards do.
SDCC 1998 - current
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:06 pm

All these ideas are fun.
I think they could really get some traction on the coins if they went in that direction. Or even if the "coin" was just an enamel pin for that NFT drop.
Now that I read through some of these comments/posts.. I too now think the draw for these is that they are unique molds. I have seen commons come out right before or right after that make my investment in the NFT a slap in the face. Ranger Slayer and Rita Repulsa for example.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:14 pm

post31 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Add physical cards with the redeemables along with coins. Adding little things like that would be cool. They also could have Chases randomly sprinkled in with the redeemables.

That would be kind of cool. Though I want hologram cards that have motion like some of the NFT cards do.

That would be nice to have.
Fright Night 2022

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:54 pm

i think the Number of packs is effecting it a bit. lately they have been having a VERRY large amount. Which is good because we all get some but then if they go the opposite way it will create more exclusivity but more people will miss out.

its a double edged sword really
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:53 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
sealordbrian wrote:As both a NFT and Pop collector, I'm really drawn into the unique design aspect. If you go back to TMNT and look at how unique those pops were considered for the time, that's a huge factor for me. Something that's "common" looking, unless I'm a massive fan of the character or they've never been made, I'll probably pass on it.

The gunmetal Casey Jones, the multi-color Turtle (which I passed on at the time); the Freddy was metallic. The Bebop was blacklight. Stuff like that made it different from what was out at the time.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:08 am

sealordbrian wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

The gunmetal Casey Jones, the multi-color Turtle (which I passed on at the time); the Freddy was metallic. The Bebop was blacklight. Stuff like that made it different from what was out at the time.

I see what you mean. It is a variant version
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

PokemonMastaASH

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:50 pm

I think Im getting NFT fatigue... is that a thing. Is anyone else feeling it?

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:35 pm

PokemonMastaASH wrote:probably bigger IPs they feel like they can get more money with more packs. Which is why JP, ST, DK, and GOT have had huge releases and they had to burn packs because there was too much. it really costs them no money to have more packs out there and burn them later. You loose money though if you have too little packs and everything gets sold out. My guess is that lower count pack releases were the minimal cost to get their money back, but this is just a guess

Making 1 of 1 redeemables would be pretty exciting or even making glow or chase variants to the existing drops

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:42 pm

I agree with a lot of you. The wait period from redemption to in hand is way too long. By the time it arrives, I had forgotten all about it. And then when it arrives damaged, it's a double whammy.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:03 pm

PokemonMastaASH wrote:I think Im getting NFT fatigue... is that a thing. Is anyone else feeling it?

My bank account sure feels it. :mir1:
I be Chris

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:37 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
PokemonMastaASH wrote:I think Im getting NFT fatigue... is that a thing. Is anyone else feeling it?

LOL you guys need to start being picky
Fright Night 2022

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:14 am

post31 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:More sodas will help. As for protos, I doubt that’s ever going to happen. That’s like mixing water & electricity together :SW9:

I would for sure love to see more sodas.

Same here. Let’s see what happens. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:51 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:

Oh, I am!
I be Chris

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:13 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:

Oh, I am!

Yet your bank account hurts. I wonder how hard you hit them
Fright Night 2022

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:16 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

Oh, I am!

Yet your bank account hurts. I wonder how hard you hit them

It all depends on how much of a degenerate I feel on drop day. :D
I be Chris

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:05 pm

post31 wrote:It seems that the excitement of NFT’s and the redeemables that come with them is starting to calm down by the way drops are no longer selling out. Do you think offering pops with an even lower LE let’s say 100-500 LE’s or something like that or even a chance for a proto would make things more exciting?

I would definitely agree!! As many packs they sell they making a ton of $$ they should share a little love and give us the chance at like super rare because 1/1 is ultra rare. But I think they would sell more packs :freddy4: :freddy3:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:06 am

gospeedracer wrote:
post31 wrote:It seems that the excitement of NFT’s and the redeemables that come with them is starting to calm down by the way drops are no longer selling out. Do you think offering pops with an even lower LE let’s say 100-500 LE’s or something like that or even a chance for a proto would make things more exciting?

I would definitely agree!! As many packs they sell they making a ton of $$ they should share a little love and give us the chance at like super rare because 1/1 is ultra rare. But I think they would sell more packs :freddy4: :freddy3:

If they do that we will end up spending more especially if this is a major line we collect. More limited= more money we spend
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:52 am

I think Chases could add a little excitement but with some people's excitement comes some people's resentment
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:38 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:

If they do that we will end up spending more especially if this is a major line we collect. More limited= more money we spend

The way Funko has been doing some weak chase of other pops I don't think it would cost them that much. And people have started complaining that Funko is making NFT very similar to the mainline pops. I love Funko and definitely spend enough $$$ on product. But would be more likely to spend more if we had a chance to get more limited Pops. Just my .02 worth which I know means very little

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:56 am

I’d love to see super low counts in the NFT context, and other contexts like Fundays.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:03 am

Markn12 wrote:

I’d love to see super low counts in the NFT context, and other contexts like Fundays.

If they do that it's going to be hard to pull and going to be crazy expensive
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:15 am

funkoz34 wrote:I just can't get back into NFTs. It's such a big gamble just trying to get a redeemable. I tried on 3 different drops and never got any redeemable and from there I decided I will never purchase again..

With all due respect... you do not have to gamble on redeemable NFT cards... You CAN simply purchase any redeemable affordably from the various marketplaces. Buying packs will always be wasteful, but you can purchase the redeemable NFTs on Atomic Hub marketplace or even Droppp's new marketplace depending on whether you want to deal with WAX or USDC... If you watch, most redeemable prices start becoming affordable a couple of weeks after the drop occurs. Usually you can buy the redeemables for less money than it usually takes to gather them from buying packs. This also applies to the royalty NFT... You can buy all the individual cards far cheaper than by buying packs. If you haven't tried it... you should give the marketplaces a chance...
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:17 am

I like the excitement of opening and flipping the cards. When you get a redeemable it's a rush. Once I got a grail and legendary in same pack. But the series they have been putting out a lot of series that don't interest me. Good for my wallet but also sad because I want more. And yes I have bought a lot of packs and nothing so I have to buy secondary market but if you want the pops you gotta do what you gotta do. I think they should somehow link our droppp accounts with our Funko accounts so we can get points for all the $$$ we are dropping on NFT packs. :freddy3: :freddy1:

Markn12

Postby Markn12 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:49 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Markn12 wrote:

If they do that it's going to be hard to pull and going to be crazy expensive

I agree, but super low counts make the hobby more fun and interesting, at least to me. I never got a Frenom, but it’s been an unusual storyline with some entertainment value.

post31

Postby post31 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:26 pm

gospeedracer wrote:I like the excitement of opening and flipping the cards. When you get a redeemable it's a rush. Once I got a grail and legendary in same pack. But the series they have been putting out a lot of series that don't interest me. Good for my wallet but also sad because I want more. And yes I have bought a lot of packs and nothing so I have to buy secondary market but if you want the pops you gotta do what you gotta do. I think they should somehow link our droppp accounts with our Funko accounts so we can get points for all the $$$ we are dropping on NFT packs. :freddy3: :freddy1:

I like the idea of linking our accounts so we can get Funko points. That would be awesome just in itself.
SDCC 1998 - current
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

Return to “NFT/Digital”