Making NFT’s exciting again

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
joshuadoescosplay

Re: Making NFT’s exciting again

Postby joshuadoescosplay » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:30 pm

post31 wrote:It seems that the excitement of NFT’s and the redeemables that come with them is starting to calm down by the way drops are no longer selling out. Do you think offering pops with an even lower LE let’s say 100-500 LE’s or something like that or even a chance for a proto would make things more exciting?

The drops aren’t selling out because of the quantities of packs involved. If powerpuff was a set with less royalties and maybe like 9500 packs of each, it would’ve sold out in a heartbeat.
ImageImage

Turie1975

Postby Turie1975 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:31 pm

mongoose12 wrote:I think it’s a combination of too frequent and so so redeemable merch. The Freddy’s have been the lifeline of the whole digital experience if you ask me.

Totally agree- I have been buying since day 1- definitely more about the freddy's- especially in IP's that are much less desirable. I think they need to also add one more tier- where a redeemable is at or under 500 pieces.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:26 pm

Turie1975 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:I think it’s a combination of too frequent and so so redeemable merch. The Freddy’s have been the lifeline of the whole digital experience if you ask me.

Totally agree- I have been buying since day 1- definitely more about the freddy's- especially in IP's that are much less desirable. I think they need to also add one more tier- where a redeemable is at or under 500 pieces.

They did 666 before so there is always a possibility
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:13 pm

I think there's a lot they could do to revitalize the NFTs and make them exciting again. Firstly, better licenses. I feel like a lot of the recent drops have featured some more niche licenses while still making 50,000+ packs. Niche, smaller licenses are good every now and then, but you gotta sprinkle them in between the good ones and heavily reduce the amount of packs when you do. And even when they do popular franchises, like Jurassic Park, the redeemables themselves are a little lackluster sometimes. Let's get more new characters for these drops instead of reposed variants of characters we already have. Make them feel special.

I also think Funko needs to give us more reasons to really want to buy packs and open them ourselves. People have caught on to the fact that a lot of the redeemables end up being worth less once in hand, so they're skipping packs all together which is honestly the smartest thing to do but give us a reason to really want to buy the packs. Add some more 1/1's in there and actually make them! It might tick some people off that they'll never be complete on certain lines, but I think the majority would like the hunt. Make a silver, bronze, and gold 1/1 NFT and figure for each redeemable in the drop. That adds 15ish more pops to each drop and makes cracking packs much more lucrative.

I also think just treating the customers better in general would bring a lot of good faith back to the NFTs. I've personally never had an issue, but the delayed response time to damaged/missing pops has turned a lot of people off. And that's if they don't just give you $30 in credit. Shipping the NFTs in pop stacks or even offering us the option to pay for the add on, like you can for Pop Yourself, would make the NFTs feel like a much more premium product. The art series pops were sold in pop stacks, why not throw them in for the NFTs?

That was a long post and I mostly just repeated what a lot of people have been saying for a while, but I really look forward to the NFT drops and would love to see it have a long and healthy lifecycle.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:57 pm

popfanboy wrote:I think there's a lot they could do to revitalize the NFTs and make them exciting again. Firstly, better licenses. I feel like a lot of the recent drops have featured some more niche licenses while still making 50,000+ packs. Niche, smaller licenses are good every now and then, but you gotta sprinkle them in between the good ones and heavily reduce the amount of packs when you do. And even when they do popular franchises, like Jurassic Park, the redeemables themselves are a little lackluster sometimes. Let's get more new characters for these drops instead of reposed variants of characters we already have. Make them feel special.

I also think Funko needs to give us more reasons to really want to buy packs and open them ourselves. People have caught on to the fact that a lot of the redeemables end up being worth less once in hand, so they're skipping packs all together which is honestly the smartest thing to do but give us a reason to really want to buy the packs. Add some more 1/1's in there and actually make them! It might tick some people off that they'll never be complete on certain lines, but I think the majority would like the hunt. Make a silver, bronze, and gold 1/1 NFT and figure for each redeemable in the drop. That adds 15ish more pops to each drop and makes cracking packs much more lucrative.

I also think just treating the customers better in general would bring a lot of good faith back to the NFTs. I've personally never had an issue, but the delayed response time to damaged/missing pops has turned a lot of people off. And that's if they don't just give you $30 in credit. Shipping the NFTs in pop stacks or even offering us the option to pay for the add on, like you can for Pop Yourself, would make the NFTs feel like a much more premium product. The art series pops were sold in pop stacks, why not throw them in for the NFTs?

That was a long post and I mostly just repeated what a lot of people have been saying for a while, but I really look forward to the NFT drops and would love to see it have a long and healthy lifecycle.

You hit everything spot on!

ArmyGuy2017

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:13 pm

First then need to stop selling so many packs
Attended Fundays : 2017,2018,2019,2022,2023 FDO9 Valencia Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2022 Mask O Raid

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:35 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
post31 wrote:It seems that the excitement of NFT’s and the redeemables that come with them is starting to calm down by the way drops are no longer selling out. Do you think offering pops with an even lower LE let’s say 100-500 LE’s or something like that or even a chance for a proto would make things more exciting?

To be honest it really depends on the IP and mold of pops plus the speculation of future drop. This allow people to save and just buy during the drop they are waiting for. Your idea is not bad however I feel like they will stick to what they are doing,

You nailed it!

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:00 pm

sealordbrian wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

To be honest it really depends on the IP and mold of pops plus the speculation of future drop. This allow people to save and just buy during the drop they are waiting for. Your idea is not bad however I feel like they will stick to what they are doing,

You nailed it!

They can always change it if they want, I think they just need to make a better mold and variant and do not release something similar as a common pop
Fright Night 2022

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:17 pm

popfanboy wrote:I also think just treating the customers better in general would bring a lot of good faith back to the NFTs. I've personally never had an issue, but the delayed response time to damaged/missing pops has turned a lot of people off. And that's if they don't just give you $30 in credit. Shipping the NFTs in pop stacks or even offering us the option to pay for the add on, like you can for Pop Yourself, would make the NFTs feel like a much more premium product. The art series pops were sold in pop stacks, why not throw them in for the NFTs?

Funko has made 7 Bucks a Pop part of the giant Funkoville display at SDCC. Why not partner with them and give the option to ship in a Pop armor? (I am saying that because Pop Armors are so much better than the standard hard stacks.)
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:36 am

1000% man if they do chases' or protos or Le's 25-500 uff bro that would for sure increase the hype 100x. Imagine pulling an nft that gives you a personal tour by Mike of a funko factory kinda like Charlie and the chocolate factory
NYCC - 21,22,23
SDCC - 23
C2E2 - 24
Fright night 22
Fundays 23
Fugitive Party - 23,24
Just Chillinnn :blob6:

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:37 am

For me, I purchased NFTs but didn't really know how to use them, and they prob weren't super popular cause no one wanted to buy them. So I gave up.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:30 pm

TepPope wrote:For me, I purchased NFTs but didn't really know how to use them, and they prob weren't super popular cause no one wanted to buy them. So I gave up.

what did you buy?
Fright Night 2022

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:36 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
TepPope wrote:For me, I purchased NFTs but didn't really know how to use them, and they prob weren't super popular cause no one wanted to buy them. So I gave up.

what did you buy?

It was a Halloween NFT.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:37 pm

scullysdad wrote:
popfanboy wrote:I also think just treating the customers better in general would bring a lot of good faith back to the NFTs. I've personally never had an issue, but the delayed response time to damaged/missing pops has turned a lot of people off. And that's if they don't just give you $30 in credit. Shipping the NFTs in pop stacks or even offering us the option to pay for the add on, like you can for Pop Yourself, would make the NFTs feel like a much more premium product. The art series pops were sold in pop stacks, why not throw them in for the NFTs?

Funko has made 7 Bucks a Pop part of the giant Funkoville display at SDCC. Why not partner with them and give the option to ship in a Pop armor? (I am saying that because Pop Armors are so much better than the standard hard stacks.)

I mean it would be the smart play. I bet the majority would be down for it. I'd pay a little more if it was an option to.

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:58 am

Wiselordship wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I mean it would be the smart play. I bet the majority would be down for it. I'd pay a little more if it was an option to.

Would definitely be a good cross marketing opportunity
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:57 am

To their credit, I do like the fact that they are shipping out the redeemables way ahead of time. :freddy2:
Image Image
ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:38 am

DrunkoPop wrote:To their credit, I do like the fact that they are shipping out the redeemables way ahead of time. :freddy2:

Yeah, although that did backfire on me a couple of weeks ago. I told my wife I was cutting down on collecting in general and focusing mainly on Freddy, but then three NFT packages arrived in a four day span and I looked like a liar. And 'I actually paid for these months ago!' is not really an excuse that she's happy with lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:23 pm

scullysdad wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:To their credit, I do like the fact that they are shipping out the redeemables way ahead of time. :freddy2:

Yeah, although that did backfire on me a couple of weeks ago. I told my wife I was cutting down on collecting in general and focusing mainly on Freddy, but then three NFT packages arrived in a four day span and I looked like a liar. And 'I actually paid for these months ago!' is not really an excuse that she's happy with lol

Believe me brother, I know the feeling! :roflmao:
Image Image
ImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:23 pm

I just hope this continues in 2024
Fright Night 2022

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:38 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:

Same here. I actually see it happening. Make the collectors happy :smt041
Image Image
ImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:43 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

They should always make collector happy.
Fright Night 2022

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:12 pm

scullysdad wrote:

Oh, it always happens. The universe just making us look bad. Lol.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:43 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

They should always make collector happy.

Yes but it’s tough making ALL OF US happy :iconbiggrin:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:44 pm

Wiselordship wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Oh, it always happens. The universe just making us look bad. Lol.

Exactly :blackeye:
Image Image
ImageImage

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:01 am

Serch_na wrote:

I think they just need to do cool drops again, the extra prizes like protos or something like that are also good idea, but i think it just depends on the nature of the drop

Protos would be unreal. Their drops would sell out 1000% in the blink of an eye
NYCC - 21,22,23
SDCC - 23
C2E2 - 24
Fright night 22
Fundays 23
Fugitive Party - 23,24

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:28 am

As much as I like the house of dragon ones, I think it’s crappy that the public drop got a chase glow for aemonds eye and it’s like literally the same pop I think as the nft as well as the viserys. I haven’t had a chance to look closely.

But making them exciting again would be making the numbers like the old school pops. Like the 480 Sdcc drops back in the day. Also the royalty is a bit of a hassle to get also selling and acquiring the missing pieces you need. The drops and lines are ok I think the work needs to be done on the numbers exclusivity , royalty acquiring process, and maybe have the nft be voted on sometimes on. Like 5 pops Funko decides and then the last one is a fan vote but based on voted for ideas. nft could be great again with some work
Sdcc: 2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:02 am

Jchillin92 wrote:
Serch_na wrote:

I think they just need to do cool drops again, the extra prizes like protos or something like that are also good idea, but i think it just depends on the nature of the drop

It's a queue system so it won't sell out that fast lol
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

post31

Postby post31 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:22 am

iRomey74 wrote:As much as I like the house of dragon ones, I think it’s crappy that the public drop got a chase glow for aemonds eye and it’s like literally the same pop I think as the nft as well as the viserys. I haven’t had a chance to look closely.

But making them exciting again would be making the numbers like the old school pops. Like the 480 Sdcc drops back in the day. Also the royalty is a bit of a hassle to get also selling and acquiring the missing pieces you need. The drops and lines are ok I think the work needs to be done on the numbers exclusivity , royalty acquiring process, and maybe have the nft be voted on sometimes on. Like 5 pops Funko decides and then the last one is a fan vote but based on voted for ideas. nft could be great again with some work
I really like the idea of getting to vote for a fan favorite. That would for sure make things more exciting for me.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:25 am

NFT are difficult for me to wrap my head around. Think I rather just buy Funko redeemable aftermarket

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:40 am

NFTs are losing its popularity due to redeemable pops not being unique. The limited count, the design, the variant (glow, blacklight, diamond etc). Even when word that people invested money on them to find them damage or cheaper elsewhere.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:35 am

LAX_Men4ever wrote:NFTs are losing its popularity due to redeemable pops not being unique. The limited count, the design, the variant (glow, blacklight, diamond etc). Even when word that people invested money on them to find them damage or cheaper elsewhere.

Investing so much is bad, plus those who invested with a lot of them are actually tanking them once they get it on hand. They spent so much that they needed to let them go
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Caroborri

Postby Caroborri » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:22 pm

:freddy3:

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:33 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:
Serch_na wrote:

The bots will find a way sadley :(
NYCC - 21,22,23
SDCC - 23
C2E2 - 24
Fright night 22
Fundays 23
Fugitive Party - 23,24

Rellyrell34

Postby Rellyrell34 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:33 pm

Fatigue is setting in a long with the IP selection they are using. IPs that haven't had much attention aren't going to be major sellouts the other side of that is when they burn it likely reduces the amount of actual redeemables that will be pulled

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:44 pm

Rellyrell34 wrote:Fatigue is setting in a long with the IP selection they are using. IPs that haven't had much attention aren't going to be major sellouts the other side of that is when they burn it likely reduces the amount of actual redeemables that will be pulled

That should be fine. people who collects certain IP should get them not anyone else
Fright Night 2022

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:35 am

Jchillin92 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:

I haven't seen one for a long time then. Coz ever since the 1st drop I didn't see that it sell out that fast.
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:37 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I haven't seen one for a long time then. Coz ever since the 1st drop I didn't see that it sell out that fast.

Yeah I think quickest is more than 10 minutes
Fright Night 2022

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:58 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

People would find a way to quee 100s of browsers and apps on a bunch of devices
NYCC - 21,22,23
SDCC - 23
C2E2 - 24
Fright night 22
Fundays 23
Fugitive Party - 23,24

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:05 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:

Imagine if there was protos involved or other amazing prizes
NYCC - 21,22,23
SDCC - 23
C2E2 - 24
Fright night 22
Fundays 23
Fugitive Party - 23,24

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:58 am

Jchillin92 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Imagine if there was protos involved or other amazing prizes

People will be crazy though this might be unlikely
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Return to “NFT/Digital”