Making NFT’s exciting again

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
keyese

Re: Making NFT’s exciting again

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:41 am

post31 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:I like the excitement of opening and flipping the cards. When you get a redeemable it's a rush. Once I got a grail and legendary in same pack. But the series they have been putting out a lot of series that don't interest me. Good for my wallet but also sad because I want more. And yes I have bought a lot of packs and nothing so I have to buy secondary market but if you want the pops you gotta do what you gotta do. I think they should somehow link our droppp accounts with our Funko accounts so we can get points for all the $$$ we are dropping on NFT packs. :freddy3: :freddy1:

I like the idea of linking our accounts so we can get Funko points. That would be awesome just in itself.

That would be amazing, I would be eligible for a proto in no time lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:45 am

One idea I had was doing more with the commons and uncommons to take the sting out of opening a bad pack. Maybe if you burn a certain number of cards, you get a chance at another redeemable (could be a generic Freddy, not numbered and not necessarily tied to the license of the ones you burned). Even if the odds were low, it would be an interesting gamble. Right now I end up with so many dupes/extras that don't have much value other than the occasional airdrop of a promo Freddy. People may sweep the market too if they wanted to try their luck with a burn option!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:40 am

kihou wrote:One idea I had was doing more with the commons and uncommons to take the sting out of opening a bad pack. Maybe if you burn a certain number of cards, you get a chance at another redeemable (could be a generic Freddy, not numbered and not necessarily tied to the license of the ones you burned). Even if the odds were low, it would be an interesting gamble. Right now I end up with so many dupes/extras that don't have much value other than the occasional airdrop of a promo Freddy. People may sweep the market too if they wanted to try their luck with a burn option!

Interesting thought, some NFTs you can merge them to get a higher rarity. Like 2 common for uncommon, or like 5 common for rare. I think this is a cool idea too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:11 am

kihou wrote:
post31 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:I like the excitement of opening and flipping the cards. When you get a redeemable it's a rush. Once I got a grail and legendary in same pack. But the series they have been putting out a lot of series that don't interest me. Good for my wallet but also sad because I want more. And yes I have bought a lot of packs and nothing so I have to buy secondary market but if you want the pops you gotta do what you gotta do. I think they should somehow link our droppp accounts with our Funko accounts so we can get points for all the $$$ we are dropping on NFT packs. :freddy3: :freddy1:

I like the idea of linking our accounts so we can get Funko points. That would be awesome just in itself.

I think there's a lot of people using bots so yes they would get a few more bots than the rest of us. Too bad Funko can't stop the bots I use a VPN and many grocery stores have better security on their websites than Funko. I can't get on unless I turn VPN off. I'm to the point to where if I get what I'm looking for I'm happy. If not life goes on. Have a Great Day everyone :freddy3: :freddy1:

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:12 am

gospeedracer wrote:
kihou wrote:
post31 wrote:I like the idea of linking our accounts so we can get Funko points. That would be awesome just in itself.

I think there's a lot of people using bots so yes they would get a few more bots than the rest of us. Too bad Funko can't stop the bots I use a VPN and many grocery stores have better security on their websites than Funko. I can't get on unless I turn VPN off. I'm to the point to where if I get what I'm looking for I'm happy. If not life goes on. Have a Great Day everyone :freddy3: :freddy1:

I imagine now that we haven't had a sell out in awhile, they don't care to limit people buying as much. They did make some strides (limiting how many queued per IP, limiting credit card transactions) and that seems to have worked well enough for now.
ISO Mystery Minis!

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:08 pm

kihou wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:
kihou wrote:That would be amazing, I would be eligible for a proto in no time lol

I imagine now that we haven't had a sell out in awhile, they don't care to limit people buying as much. They did make some strides (limiting how many queued per IP, limiting credit card transactions) and that seems to have worked well enough for now.

I noticed todays sale was limited to $120.00 sub total. Hey it is what it is. I still love Funko I want Music NFTs :headbang: :drum:

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:58 am

Music ones could be fun, kinda like the Powerpuff Girls ones having different band members, but real life people lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

Jchillin92

Postby Jchillin92 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:04 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Jchillin92 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Yeah I think quickest is more than 10 minutes

Imagine if there was protos involved or other amazing prizes

People will be crazy though this might be unlikely

We can only dream hahaha I know I'd increase multiple usual 7 premium packs to like 10-12 hahaha
NYCC 21,22,23 - SDCC 23
Fright night 22 , Fundays 23
NYCC Fugitive 23
Just Chillinnn :blob6:

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:50 pm

kihou wrote:One idea I had was doing more with the commons and uncommons to take the sting out of opening a bad pack. Maybe if you burn a certain number of cards, you get a chance at another redeemable (could be a generic Freddy, not numbered and not necessarily tied to the license of the ones you burned). Even if the odds were low, it would be an interesting gamble. Right now I end up with so many dupes/extras that don't have much value other than the occasional airdrop of a promo Freddy. People may sweep the market too if they wanted to try their luck with a burn option!

I like the idea of a re-roll. If not all the packs sell, then any packs that did sell without a redeemable get a second chance lottery for one. so instead of burning the packs, the buyers get a chance at a redeemable or more to complete their royalty.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 am

NCDS wrote:

I like the idea of a re-roll. If not all the packs sell, then any packs that did sell without a redeemable get a second chance lottery for one. so instead of burning the packs, the buyers get a chance at a redeemable or more to complete their royalty.

That would be an interesting way to use the cards that aren't accessible when packs get burned!
ISO Mystery Minis!

post31

Postby post31 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:09 pm

kihou wrote:Music ones could be fun, kinda like the Powerpuff Girls ones having different band members, but real life people lol

I would absolutely love music ones. Though it might be tough because different licensees for different artists. Though maybe they can do something with the labels. I think it’s a cool idea.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:12 pm

post31 wrote:It seems that the excitement of NFT’s and the redeemables that come with them is starting to calm down by the way drops are no longer selling out. Do you think offering pops with an even lower LE let’s say 100-500 LE’s or something like that or even a chance for a proto would make things more exciting?

Would be sick

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:34 am

Let's see if SW can reignite the NFT hype, hopefully the set can do that.

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:17 am

fairytail081202 wrote:Let's see if SW can reignite the NFT hype, hopefully the set can do that.

Between Funko and Disney/Lucasfilm I hope they have chosen a lineup of redeemables worthy of the hype! Fingers crossed!
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:58 pm

post31 wrote:It seems that the excitement of NFT’s and the redeemables that come with them is starting to calm down by the way drops are no longer selling out. Do you think offering pops with an even lower LE let’s say 100-500 LE’s or something like that or even a chance for a proto would make things more exciting?

Honestly imo it's not even some of the numbers. Like when it's 1300 or 3000 LE on these Legendaries I feel like that's barely part of the conversations as of recent. It's more IP related and molds. Pieces that low will attract people sure but you gotta think too with some of the burn rates we already have 400-600 piece grails incoming (on paper).
ImageImage

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:04 pm

Maybe Star Wars can bring back the hype?
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:24 pm

Chingy wrote:
PokemonMastaASH wrote:I think the problem is the fluctuations on pack counts. The last drop Jurassic Park had a huge amount of packs which is kind bad for me IMO because it makes getting the grail that much harder. I wish they would just make a standard amount of packs and leave it there.

I'm actually very curious how the decision is made on how many packs to release. It always seems a bit arbitrary.

Most likely IP based and agreements.
ImageImage

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:08 am

To me it really depends what the NFT drop is now with a Star Wars drop coming. I’m sure that will be a big hit.

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:58 am

araviele wrote:

Honestly imo it's not even some of the numbers. Like when it's 1300 or 3000 LE on these Legendaries I feel like that's barely part of the conversations as of recent. It's more IP related and molds. Pieces that low will attract people sure but you gotta think too with some of the burn rates we already have 400-600 piece grails incoming (on paper).

I wonder if it's that people don't realize that it's not actually the LE on the box after packs get burned, or even the small percentage that don't redeem the coins. They don't usually "officially" publish the actual LE, people just determine it from the burn rate. So the sticker still says "999" but it's really like 500.
ISO Mystery Minis!

post31

Postby post31 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:00 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Maybe Star Wars can bring back the hype?

I feel like this one will sell out
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

araviele

Postby araviele » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 pm

kihou wrote:
araviele wrote:

I wonder if it's that people don't realize that it's not actually the LE on the box after packs get burned, or even the small percentage that don't redeem the coins. They don't usually "officially" publish the actual LE, people just determine it from the burn rate. So the sticker still says "999" but it's really like 500.

There could be some disconnect for sure. But technically on the discord the droppp team does officially publish the redemption stats and has a running list.
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 am

araviele wrote:
kihou wrote:
araviele wrote:

There could be some disconnect for sure. But technically on the discord the droppp team does officially publish the redemption stats and has a running list.

Oh good to know! I honestly don't check the main discord that often so I should keep a better eye out for that info :)
ISO Mystery Minis!

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:26 pm

kihou wrote:
araviele wrote:
kihou wrote:I wonder if it's that people don't realize that it's not actually the LE on the box after packs get burned, or even the small percentage that don't redeem the coins. They don't usually "officially" publish the actual LE, people just determine it from the burn rate. So the sticker still says "999" but it's really like 500.

Oh good to know! I honestly don't check the main discord that often so I should keep a better eye out for that info :)

Yeah I mean who knows with replacements and such how accurate it is but it's a better base number than the stickers. It's under "redemption stats".

Ie. Steven's universe had the grail at only 536 redeemed.
ImageImage

jonathan197628

Postby jonathan197628 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:18 pm

I would really like to sports teams nft redeemable funko pops

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:54 am

post31 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:Maybe Star Wars can bring back the hype?

I feel like this one will sell out

Most likely it will.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FunkoMatt857697

Postby FunkoMatt857697 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:32 am

jonathan197628 wrote:I would really like to sports teams nft redeemable funko pops

That would be great! With those they could even have Autographed versions as redeemables.

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:58 am

FunkoMatt857697 wrote:
jonathan197628 wrote:I would really like to sports teams nft redeemable funko pops

That would be great! With those they could even have Autographed versions as redeemables.

I'd love that, but I think individual licensing will get in the way. I'd love to see some mascots, or give us the ability to custom make a player - pick the mold, team and number... leave the name off of it
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:00 pm

Had to search this post for your idea lol I agree 100% on this. I haven't been purchasing as much on Funko.com and I'm struggling to reach the numbers for the redemptions. Recently, it's been rare for me to skip an NFT release so it would greatly help.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 pm

It’s quite simple, add some sodas to the mix. :dance:
Image Image
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:It’s quite simple, add some sodas to the mix. :dance:

I mean im not sure. Scooby set with Soda I'd argue was the least popular. Think the mummy wasn't really sought compared to the others either. I do like sodas but they don't really vibe with other "in-box" collectors when displaying.

Related to a different topic I posted, a soda would be a cool way to mix some things up if they indeed do an April Fools Series 2 too though!
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:50 pm

araviele wrote:

I mean im not sure. Scooby set with Soda I'd argue was the least popular. Think the mummy wasn't really sought compared to the others either. I do like sodas but they don't really vibe with other "in-box" collectors when displaying.

Related to a different topic I posted, a soda would be a cool way to mix some things up if they indeed do an April Fools Series 2 too though!

At the time the mummy soda was a hot item. It may have died down I can agree to that. What soda would you like up see if they do another April Fools Series?
Image Image
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:13 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
araviele wrote:

At the time the mummy soda was a hot item. It may have died down I can agree to that. What soda would you like up see if they do another April Fools Series?

Keeping with a Freddy/Max adjacent theme of pops for April fools.... Would be funny to have a mini pop or something in that soda lol but for an actual pop definitely something playful. Others mentioned perhaps other figures that we've seen in the set as cards but I'd think they'd do something new as we really haven't seen that done for returning Series 2 sets (I think?). Maybe something actually related to soda for the soda?
ImageImage

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:17 am

I’m just excited for Star Wars at the moment been waiting a long time I’ve been buying since the very beginning because I believe in Funko NFTs being great

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:03 am

araviele wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
araviele wrote:

Keeping with a Freddy/Max adjacent theme of pops for April fools.... Would be funny to have a mini pop or something in that soda lol but for an actual pop definitely something playful. Others mentioned perhaps other figures that we've seen in the set as cards but I'd think they'd do something new as we really haven't seen that done for returning Series 2 sets (I think?). Maybe something actually related to soda for the soda?

We shall see what they come up with in 12 days :violent2:
Image Image
ImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm

Calico88 wrote:I’m just excited for Star Wars at the moment been waiting a long time I’ve been buying since the very beginning because I believe in Funko NFTs being great

Do you have them all?
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:12 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
fairytail081202 wrote:Let's see if SW can reignite the NFT hype, hopefully the set can do that.

Between Funko and Disney/Lucasfilm I hope they have chosen a lineup of redeemables worthy of the hype! Fingers crossed!

These are some good ones.
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:40 am

It's like a Rollercoaster ride, got its ups and downs. I'm excited for the Saturday Cartoons or CN series!
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 am

dr-FOMO wrote:It's like a Rollercoaster ride, got its ups and downs. I'm excited for the Saturday Cartoons or CN series!

Well ups and downs is normal everywhere
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:29 pm

kidleaderkty wrote:
cliffd64 wrote:

These are some good ones.

Not sure if I like the 6 inch one :-/

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:48 pm

dr-FOMO wrote:It's like a Rollercoaster ride, got its ups and downs. I'm excited for the Saturday Cartoons or CN series!

That whole line up opens up more opportunities for freddys as well, excited to see where it goes

Return to “NFT/Digital”