why should i bother with NFT if you're just going to release them as regular pops later?

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Mr Yac

why should i bother with NFT if you're just going to release them as regular pops later?

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:06 pm

title says it all why am i investing in this glorified scratch off system if the only draw is just going to be released later on down the line without the gambling aspect needed? you guys just did a better Ranger Slayer, you're doing another Demogorgon and now there is a straight up friggin repaint of an NFT figure as a con exclusive. i know this thread will be deleted, but seriously when did you guys stop giving a crap about the collectors?

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Re: why should i bother with NFT if you're just going to release them as regular pops later?

Postby Sarcasticguy » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:42 pm

Well the thread would probably have a better chance of surviving if you weren't always coming in hot lol

For years now Funko has been releasing variant figures in order to boost sales, it's really not that unusual. The repaints can be annoying, but you're not forced to commit to everything if you don't see the value in it. A lot of people like repaints and being 100%, so just get what you like.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

scullysdad

Re: why should i bother with NFT if you're just going to release them as regular pops later?

Postby scullysdad » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:27 pm

There were so many complaints from people who were opposed to buying NFTs but wanted the Pops. Now it seems like Funko has addressed that but created another issue.

I am not bothered by this, but it also hasn’t happened to any line I collect. Let’s see how I feel if they start releasing those Scooby Doo monsters as commons.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:46 pm

I like the box design for the nfts but the molds are starting to pop up as commons which people originally wanted. They wanted the nfts to be generally released but now they are making them general relase everyone is upset. If you like the gamble and suspense of a nft drop go for it

wengderful

Postby wengderful » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:29 pm

deadlycollects wrote:I like the box design for the nfts but the molds are starting to pop up as commons which people originally wanted. They wanted the nfts to be generally released but now they are making them general relase everyone is upset. If you like the gamble and suspense of a nft drop go for it

The box design gets me lol
Fundays 2015:2016:2022:2023

Return to “NFT/Digital”