Afraid Funko may not support more products

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
DrunkoPop

Re: Afraid Funko may not support more products

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:48 am

Serch_na wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:the less, THE BETTER.

My wallet agrees

Haha. Oh yea!!! :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:48 pm

#makefunkofunagain

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:20 am

I've seen more and more people get out of NFTs because of the poor shipping/packaging. Slap in the face when one spends $250+ for a grail nft, redeems it and it comes in damaged and droppp offers a $30 credit.

Question I have now, is now that the droppp market is here, there is a value associated with the physicals, either the nft or redeemable token. So they should not be able to give you some sort of USDC value back when something is damaged.

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:25 pm

Just given the financial success that NFTs are for the company, I don't see them moving away from those anytime soon. Now there are certainly changes they could make to that process but the overall process is a "win" for them.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:55 pm

scullysdad wrote:
renardchua wrote:The wait - from nft drop to actual receipt of the item, plus the “value” of the item from the redeemable digital card transfers to the coin and eventually to the actual item I think plays a big role as well.

The wait is definitely part of it, so many people on Discord complain about how long it takes. It doesn’t bother me but I can see why people don’t like spending a few hundred $$$ and not seeing the Pops for close to a year.

And a lot can happen in a year. The most worrisome part about waiting is if someone ends up moving and they submitted a residential address for shipping, or a workplace address and they changed jobs. Also, if someone is out of town when the redeemables get shipped and are out for delivery. (Our post office sometimes doesn't acknowledge mail hold requests for whatever reason so we've had redeemables delivered while we were out of town. Fortunately we no longer have them shipped to our front door.)
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:08 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
renardchua wrote:The wait - from nft drop to actual receipt of the item, plus the “value” of the item from the redeemable digital card transfers to the coin and eventually to the actual item I think plays a big role as well.

The wait is definitely part of it, so many people on Discord complain about how long it takes. It doesn’t bother me but I can see why people don’t like spending a few hundred $$$ and not seeing the Pops for close to a year.

And a lot can happen in a year. The most worrisome part about waiting is if someone ends up moving and they submitted a residential address for shipping, or a workplace address and they changed jobs. Also, if someone is out of town when the redeemables get shipped and are out for delivery. (Our post office sometimes doesn't acknowledge mail hold requests for whatever reason so we've had redeemables delivered while we were out of town. Fortunately we no longer have them shipped to our front door.)

You can always change the address before the item is ship. or can have it ship somewhere you know that someone will able to receive it. Though I get it since it's too long you might end up forgetting it. They should start notifying people before shipping an item to be honest, in that way people can plan ahead of time.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:05 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

It’s funny you mention the mail hold, because we just got back from a cruise and while we were gone a couple of packages were still delivered and one of them was my Retro Toys NFT Pops. Thankfully my in-laws were watching our cats and could take the packages inside.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:30 pm

scullysdad wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

It’s funny you mention the mail hold, because we just got back from a cruise and while we were gone a couple of packages were still delivered and one of them was my Retro Toys NFT Pops. Thankfully my in-laws were watching our cats and could take the packages inside.

You should just sent it to your in-laws place. But I can't blame you since they ship this one early on.
Fright Night 2022

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:07 pm

Funko will continue to sell NFTs because the margins are high for them. But collectors have lost interest and trust in the NFT market.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:51 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:Funko will continue to sell NFTs because the margins are high for them. But collectors have lost interest and trust in the NFT market.

People are still buying though, and we are getting cheap numbered pops so it's good for collectors
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:35 am

More packs burned...
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

PokemonMastaASH

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:49 pm

I also dont see a reason why they have to burn the packs. it leave it up for people to buy on the 2nd market. but they could still make money if they just left it up on their site to buy later. also I feel like by burning the packs you are skewing the drop rate for legendaries and grails, which is what I dont like.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:33 pm

The hype kinda died out for the big crowd of collectors, now feels like a small crowd going after certain drops

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:35 pm

deadlycollects wrote:The hype kinda died out for the big crowd of collectors, now feels like a small crowd going after certain drops

It's a lot now and expensive to go for everything
Fright Night 2022

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:11 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:The hype kinda died out for the big crowd of collectors, now feels like a small crowd going after certain drops

It's a lot now and expensive to go for everything

I usually just buy on Facebook dont risk the drops

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:56 pm

I collect what I like and lately there’s nothing I like. The only positive I see is that the pops are starting to ship out a lot faster.
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”