Digital Pop! in 2024

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Digital Pop! in 2024

Postby renardchua » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:45 pm

Recap of what happened so far and what’s in store for us in 2024!

Link: https://funko.com/funko-blog-home/digital-pop-in-2024

As we kick off the new year we are excited to share some quick thoughts about 2023 and a glimpse of things to look forward to this year.

A LOOK BACK
Last year was a big year for the Digital Pop! program as we launched 20 drops, including such fan favorites as Funko April Fool’s, DC’s The Dark Knight, Funkoween, Dungeons & Dragons, Stranger Things and Back to the Future. We were also hard at work on rebuilding Droppp, Digital Pop!’s home, from the ground up to lay the foundation for the next evolution of the platform. The first major improvement was the launch of Droppp Marketplace, giving fans the ability to buy and sell their Digital Pop! in an all-in-one platform that focuses on speed and ease of use for collectors of all experience levels.

LOOKING AHEAD
Looking forward to 2024, we are hitting the ground running with new features and improvements to Digital Pop! and the Droppp platform. We’re also super-excited about the drop schedule with new brands as well as bringing back some of the existing names for new series, with some special surprises in store!

Changes and Features
You can expect to see changes to our pack offerings, starting with the introduction of a 17-item premium pack. This gives our collectors who buy premium packs 2 additional Digital Pop! for the same price as the prior premium pack. Additionally we’re excited about new features and changes that will enhance the collecting experience even further.

Marketplace Improvements
Since we launched Droppp Marketplace, we’ve considered it a limited preview of what our vision is for a full-fledged marketplace. We’ve been collecting feedback and prioritizing against our core set of features yet to be built, and believe we have a great list that our buyers and sellers will appreciate. One of the first improvements we are prioritizing early this year is the addition of new blockchain networks for depositing and withdrawing funds.

Shipping
As we head into our third full year of the Digital Pop!™ program our goal is to better serve you, the fan! We’ve heard you and have been working behind the scenes to improve shipping speed, product damage, packaging materials, the option to add a Pop! Protector, and more so that the only worry you have when receiving your physical Pop! is whether to keep it in the box.
Finally we just want to say a big thank you to our community for being such fantastic fans and supporting us since the beginning. Cheers to a fantastic 2023 and here’s to a fun-filled 2024!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

scullysdad

Re: Digital Pop! in 2024

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:19 pm

I appreciate them selling protectors, but I'm still not sure if I will bother because I don't like the hard stacks that Funko uses. It's a step in the right direction, though.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:22 pm

Im just seeing a boat slowly sinking, the attention is less in every new drop, and the community just decreassing because all their social media efforts go to the digital pops and not their fanbase like past years.
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:47 pm

The option to add pop protectors is the best thing they could've done with the shipping aspect. Interested to see how that'll go as well as the drops for this year.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:The option to add pop protectors is the best thing they could've done with the shipping aspect. Interested to see how that'll go as well as the drops for this year.

I hope it's a special protector
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:45 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:The option to add pop protectors is the best thing they could've done with the shipping aspect. Interested to see how that'll go as well as the drops for this year.

I hope it's a special protector

Yeah I hope it's something we can't get in store or order online
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:16 am

A great option and hopefully will help with damage
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:33 am

I'm just glad they appear to be finally listening. Kudos!
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

franniefunko

Postby franniefunko » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:09 am

When do you think we’ll see this happen? On the next redemption? I wonder if they’ll include the protectors in the ones we’ve already redeemed

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:48 am

Ohlordypops wrote:

A great option and hopefully will help with damage

I saw this yesterday and thought "they are listening." Can't wait to protect the NFT pop. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:53 am

scullysdad wrote:I appreciate them selling protectors, but I'm still not sure if I will bother because I don't like the hard stacks that Funko uses. It's a step in the right direction, though.

I'm so uneasy about the hard stacks Funko uses after getting those booby trapped ones at sdcc/fundays :eek: :eek:

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:29 pm

It will be nice to have the option to ship in a protector.
Image Image

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:39 pm

akagalar wrote:It will be nice to have the option to ship in a protector.

They did mentioned that right
Fright Night 2022

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:36 am

I really liked how they added more value to the premium packs and it was evident in the Harry Potter drop! The premiums sold more than the standards for the first time in a long time.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:02 am

Oatmealman wrote:I really liked how they added more value to the premium packs and it was evident in the Harry Potter drop! The premiums sold more than the standards for the first time in a long time.

Same thing that happened in squid games I guess no body cares lol
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:08 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:I really liked how they added more value to the premium packs and it was evident in the Harry Potter drop! The premiums sold more than the standards for the first time in a long time.

Oh! I didn't participate in that drop and didn't pay too much attention to it sorry! The standards always made better profits on the secondary market is what I've found why they sold faster. Also maybe people were more willing to buy a few standards than $30 for the premium.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:56 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Oh! I didn't participate in that drop and didn't pay too much attention to it sorry! The standards always made better profits on the secondary market is what I've found why they sold faster. Also maybe people were more willing to buy a few standards than $30 for the premium.

Yeah it's easy to gamble with standard but now you have extra 2 in premium that changes things .
Fright Night 2022

Funnybob

Postby Funnybob » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:11 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Yeah it's easy to gamble with standard but now you have extra 2 in premium that changes things .

now they just need to up the $60 dollar max buying limit would be another step in the right direction!

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:59 pm

All great suggestions! Now let's implement them and see what happens when the rubber meets the road.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:59 am

sealordbrian wrote:All great suggestions! Now let's implement them and see what happens when the rubber meets the road.

1st it's needs to be done 1st lol, and droppp should know 1st
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:41 am

Oatmealman wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

A lot of flippers used to buy the standards so they could sell them and turn them into quick Wax, but that's not going to be very successful on sets that don't sell out.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:55 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I appreciate them selling protectors, but I'm still not sure if I will bother because I don't like the hard stacks that Funko uses. It's a step in the right direction, though.

I'm so uneasy about the hard stacks Funko uses after getting those booby trapped ones at sdcc/fundays :eek: :eek:

I remember that same evening i checked all ours and put a piece of cardboard on it for the trip home haha

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:38 pm

Funnybob wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

now they just need to up the $60 dollar max buying limit would be another step in the right direction!

I'm all about this! When they increased the limit midway through the Harry Potter drop I was shocked. It would help those out (like me) on the potter drop who wanted to buy a lot of packs but only have 2 payment methods and those got hit with the payment cooldown real quick.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:17 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
Funnybob wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

I'm all about this! When they increased the limit midway through the Harry Potter drop I was shocked. It would help those out (like me) on the potter drop who wanted to buy a lot of packs but only have 2 payment methods and those got hit with the payment cooldown real quick.

It make sense to do that to be honest.
Fright Night 2022

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm

I feel if they they want to grab better attention, keep the numbers low on packs. I understand the normal releases via brick and mortar stores are in larger quantities than before but I don't think these NFT ones should be doing the same. Look at that April Fools set. It was original, very low in # and was widely popular. Then you have the opposite reaction to the Squid Games, WB 100 and alot of the recent DC ones. They have similar pops out already (remember that pink ranger fiasco) and people don't want to gamble on packs for that.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:31 am

Oatmealman wrote:

I think I missed something, what's the story with the protectors? I used mine to get some of the pops home in my suitcase and didn't have a problem but I'd like to know cuz I'll change them out now that I'm home!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:35 am

The only thing I'm nervous about is the pop getting damaged getting it into the protector. Some of our droppp pops have come damaged not from the shipping box, but from someone obviously grabbing it and squishing it while packing. The outside box and sorters will be fine and then the inside has two crease marks across from each other on the sides. But anything should help overall!
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:54 pm

kihou wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

I think I missed something, what's the story with the protectors? I used mine to get some of the pops home in my suitcase and didn't have a problem but I'd like to know cuz I'll change them out now that I'm home!

There was a sharp-ish piece of plastic on the bottom part of the stack on the inside. So some people were having their pops poked on the bottom and either tearing it or creating an imprint.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Arneldenal

Postby Arneldenal » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:40 pm

Serch_na wrote:Im just seeing a boat slowly sinking, the attention is less in every new drop, and the community just decreassing because all their social media efforts go to the digital pops and not their fanbase like past years.

I sadly agree with this

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:57 am

Oatmealman wrote:
kihou wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

There was a sharp-ish piece of plastic on the bottom part of the stack on the inside. So some people were having their pops poked on the bottom and either tearing it or creating an imprint.

Oh I see! I'll have to check mine, I don't think I looked at the bottoms when unpacking.
ISO Mystery Minis!

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:03 pm

kihou wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:
kihou wrote:I think I missed something, what's the story with the protectors? I used mine to get some of the pops home in my suitcase and didn't have a problem but I'd like to know cuz I'll change them out now that I'm home!

Oh I see! I'll have to check mine, I don't think I looked at the bottoms when unpacking.

Hopefully no damage! I was fortunate that the one I used didn't damage the pop I put in there. A few people had told me before Fundays so I didn't dare put anything in from the event.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:40 pm

need to get some apple vision pro integration so you can look at your digital collection on a digital shelf ;)

Return to “NFT/Digital”