New NFT Packing...

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
bbauwe01

Re: New NFT Packing...

Postby bbauwe01 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:33 pm

It’s an improvement but why not just ship in at least soft protectors. They should really just charge for shipping and ship in armors. Or give people the option to pay extra for it to be shipped in an armor. This is not complicated or difficult stuff

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 pm

I really like the new foam insert and the boxes seem to be a bit sturdier. My Jurassic Park one came perfect, much better than previous shipments.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 01, 2024 2:10 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:I really like the new foam insert and the boxes seem to be a bit sturdier. My Jurassic Park one came perfect, much better than previous shipments.

I like how it adds a little more protection considering how damaged theyve came in the past

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:39 pm

It does add a little bit of protection, but the damage i've seen is the employee rushing or not carefully inserting the pop and foam in to the cardboard. Still a step in the right direction. hopefully when they offer protectors, the employess don't rush to put them in creating damage as well.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Wed May 01, 2024 4:00 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:I really like the new foam insert and the boxes seem to be a bit sturdier. My Jurassic Park one came perfect, much better than previous shipments.

I've been lucky so far, but agree I like the foam insert, boxes seem the same.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 01, 2024 4:07 pm

Kenshin21 wrote:It does add a little bit of protection, but the damage i've seen is the employee rushing or not carefully inserting the pop and foam in to the cardboard. Still a step in the right direction. hopefully when they offer protectors, the employess don't rush to put them in creating damage as well.

You can see the leftover finger prints when you open them lol

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 4:36 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Kenshin21 wrote:It does add a little bit of protection, but the damage i've seen is the employee rushing or not carefully inserting the pop and foam in to the cardboard. Still a step in the right direction. hopefully when they offer protectors, the employess don't rush to put them in creating damage as well.

That is a really good point. I hadn't heard, but are they going to offer the option to add protectors in the future?

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:32 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

That is a really good point. I hadn't heard, but are they going to offer the option to add protectors in the future?

Yeah it was one of the announcements they did at the beginning of the year. No word about it since then, but I assume they'll roll in the cost of the extra shipping in to it. But hey, if they all come without damage, I think thats a win.

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 pm

Kenshin21 wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:You can see the leftover finger prints when you open them lol

Yeah it was one of the announcements they did at the beginning of the year. No word about it since then, but I assume they'll roll in the cost of the extra shipping in to it. But hey, if they all come without damage, I think thats a win.

Agreed, I wouldn't mind paying extra for it to be placed in a protector. So if they gave us the option, it definitely would be worth it.

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed May 01, 2024 9:27 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
Kenshin21 wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

Agreed, I wouldn't mind paying extra for it to be placed in a protector. So if they gave us the option, it definitely would be worth it.

I wonder if this will come with some assurance of quality. Tbf the damage I've seen as of recent has been from the actual action of packing not the actual shippiny
ImageImage

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Wed May 01, 2024 9:31 pm

I appreciate them actually making them a little better, but so many horror stories have turned myself and a lot of others off already. It wasnt their fault making this happen too late, but it could've happened sooner

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:50 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:I appreciate them actually making them a little better, but so many horror stories have turned myself and a lot of others off already. It wasnt their fault making this happen too late, but it could've happened sooner

Agreed, a lot of collections in my circle quit the nft part and waiting to buy from sellers once in hand. The race to the bottom when in hand and being able to assess the boxes made extra little cost worth it to them.

They have been better with replacements, but if they took a little better care/time packing these they wouldn't have the issue in the first place. Most of the imperfections I've seen recently is from human error getting these packed up.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 am

funkoldblooded wrote:I appreciate them actually making them a little better, but so many horror stories have turned myself and a lot of others off already. It wasnt their fault making this happen too late, but it could've happened sooner

Hopefully the option to add a protector comes out soon but hopefully arent damaged before being put in there

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 am

deadlycollects wrote:

Hopefully the option to add a protector comes out soon but hopefully arent damaged before being put in there

I forgot that was something they pitched
I can’t imagine the logistics being too hard

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu May 02, 2024 5:35 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

I forgot that was something they pitched
I can’t imagine the logistics being too hard

Just gotta have large amounts of protectors in stock for them and i know workers have deadlines to meet so hopefully theres some room for them to be careful with them

Return to “NFT/Digital”