New NFT Packing...

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
LakerSpartan117

Re: New NFT Packing...

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:04 pm

I've actually never had a big issue with how the NFT's were packed because they were never damaged. But I've noticed that the new packaging is subpar compared to before. Hopefully they amend this fast. I've redeemed by BTTF and Funkoween pops and hope they aren't damaged now.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:55 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:I've actually never had a big issue with how the NFT's were packed because they were never damaged. But I've noticed that the new packaging is subpar compared to before. Hopefully they amend this fast. I've redeemed by BTTF and Funkoween pops and hope they aren't damaged now.

lucky you, this new packaging is definitely bad news I haven't had any damaged prior to the new packaging
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

araviele

Postby araviele » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 pm

yamster8888 wrote:This new packaging was definitely not an improvement

Yeah, I'd be curious of their discussion behind closed doors of why they made the change and the logistics. Has to do with money... right?
ImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:22 am

araviele wrote:

Yeah, I'd be curious of their discussion behind closed doors of why they made the change and the logistics. Has to do with money... right?

I think that new packaging will work with protector, so maybe when they start offering them
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:00 pm

cliffd64 wrote:Are you all ordering your redeemables in one shipment? I always always order them individually and have not had an issue, including the adventure time (although I only had one redeemable from that particular set) . The more pops that are jammed in together the more likely they will cause damage to each other.

Whole heartedly agree. Individually is always the best way IMO. When redeeming all together they’re just trying to cut cost which results is damaged pops and upset collectors.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

riddle360

Postby riddle360 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:27 pm

We received the stranger things NFT pops all in separate boxes (5) which was okay by us! Less possibility of getting damaged and they all arrived in good condition minus one minor issue.

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:46 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:I've actually never had a big issue with how the NFT's were packed because they were never damaged. But I've noticed that the new packaging is subpar compared to before. Hopefully they amend this fast. I've redeemed by BTTF and Funkoween pops and hope they aren't damaged now.

lucky you, this new packaging is definitely bad news I haven't had any damaged prior to the new packaging

Now I'm dreading my next redeemable shipment..
ImageImageImageImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:06 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:

I think that new packaging will work with protector, so maybe when they start offering them

Yeah I mentioned this in an earlier post too. My only counter thought is that the damage to this pops is because the new sorters have very tight points meaning I don't think a protector would fit inside would be all
ImageImage

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:24 pm

I always appreciate a good rip tab :smt023

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:19 pm

araviele wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:

Yeah I mentioned this in an earlier post too. My only counter thought is that the damage to this pops is because the new sorters have very tight points meaning I don't think a protector would fit inside would be all

We already tested and hard stack fits perfectly in the sorter
Fright Night 2022

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:20 pm

I’m loving the nfts! This thread just reminded me I have to redeem my grail from the back to the future line. Keep em coming

araviele

Postby araviele » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:04 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

We already tested and hard stack fits perfectly in the sorter

Oh interesting! Didn't see a post about this yet
ImageImage

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:53 am

cliffd64 wrote:Are you all ordering your redeemables in one shipment? I always always order them individually and have not had an issue, including the adventure time (although I only had one redeemable from that particular set) . The more pops that are jammed in together the more likely they will cause damage to each other.

I have heard that’s the best way to do it in ordering individually

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:19 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:

guess that makes sense, same packaging as a pop yourself. but for me the pops are damage before being put in the sorter

araviele

Postby araviele » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:30 pm

yamster8888 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:

guess that makes sense, same packaging as a pop yourself. but for me the pops are damage before being put in the sorter

This is also an issue. But the damage I'm seeing as of late (last 3 drops) have been from the sorters. It was very clear previously that pops were damaged prior to packing for shipment but I think droppp definitely have addressed this internally more
ImageImage

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:27 pm

araviele wrote:
yamster8888 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

This is also an issue. But the damage I'm seeing as of late (last 3 drops) have been from the sorters. It was very clear previously that pops were damaged prior to packing for shipment but I think droppp definitely have addressed this internally more

I'm also seeing the new sorters as the issue. The pops should also come with protectors.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:45 pm

Funko Ronin wrote:
araviele wrote:
yamster8888 wrote:

I'm also seeing the new sorters as the issue. The pops should also come with protectors.

They should start to offer it now, I'm not sure why they are even waiting.
Fright Night 2022

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:51 pm

Funko Ronin wrote:
araviele wrote:
yamster8888 wrote:

An option to purchase this will come Q3/Q4!
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:52 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Funko Ronin wrote:
araviele wrote:

Their logistics probably. All these moves and changes probably have to run through funko too and get cleared before droppp can really do anything
ImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 am

araviele wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Funko Ronin wrote:

Their logistics probably. All these moves and changes probably have to run through funko too and get cleared before droppp can really do anything

They already announced it so I would say Funko already said yes to this
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

araviele

Postby araviele » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:56 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

They already announced it so I would say Funko already said yes to this

Oh definitely. But it's not like droppp manufacturers these cases or has the inventory sitting there. That's dependent on funko
ImageImage

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:03 pm

When redeeming multiples i just do each one individually, theres is no love when putting 2-3 together in a sorter

molodamus

Postby molodamus » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:57 pm

Fingers crossed but I doubt packaging will change for 6 months or more.
Time is money friend
SDCC since 2014
NYCC since 2014
Fundays 2016
Fundays 2022

FunEmployed

Postby FunEmployed » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:12 am

The Power Ranger NFT is shipping with flat (but larger) sorter boxes with an enclosed soft-wrap. Much improved compared to the past 4 shipments with those pinching sorters that damage the boxes. We'll see what comes of it in the next few drops. Still hoping for hardstacks...

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:54 am

FunEmployed wrote:The Power Ranger NFT is shipping with flat (but larger) sorter boxes with an enclosed soft-wrap. Much improved compared to the past 4 shipments with those pinching sorters that damage the boxes. We'll see what comes of it in the next few drops. Still hoping for hardstacks...

I hope they offer protector soon
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:33 pm

FunEmployed wrote:The Power Ranger NFT is shipping with flat (but larger) sorter boxes with an enclosed soft-wrap. Much improved compared to the past 4 shipments with those pinching sorters that damage the boxes. We'll see what comes of it in the next few drops. Still hoping for hardstacks...

All corners come damaged with the glossy boxes, nice addition to add the foam but gotta fix that

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:15 pm

araviele wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Funko Ronin wrote:

Exactly logistics would be my guess also.
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:30 pm

kidleaderkty wrote:
araviele wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

To be honest I think droppp decides on how they will ship it, like all other retail company. I would think Funko sent them by cases and Droppp put them together.
Fright Night 2022

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:17 pm

My recent NFTs pop came nicely packaged but it still had creases. There was no damage to the sorter or the shipping box. Judging by the location of the crease, I feel it was mishandled. =(
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

JoeG

Postby JoeG » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 am

I just got my Power rangers in the new packaging and didn't have issues with that. most of the ones i got all have little rips in them. That had to come from assembly.

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:
araviele wrote:

To be honest I think droppp decides on how they will ship it, like all other retail company. I would think Funko sent them by cases and Droppp put them together.

Most likely they do, I wouldn't be surprised if funko had some word in it also at the start though. Even if droppp asked them first on advice for shipping packages.
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

araviele

Postby araviele » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:21 pm

Think I saw someone here comment about this but couldn't find it... but I am thankful they added the wrapping paper between the pop and the meh shipping sorters. Seemed to have offset the particular issue spots with the pop that were so common. That being said, now we know when damage occurs before the shipping unfortunately. 1 of my PR pops definitely was mishandled prior to packing so thats unfortunate to see. A set in the right direction though.
ImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:50 pm

araviele wrote:Think I saw someone here comment about this but couldn't find it... but I am thankful they added the wrapping paper between the pop and the meh shipping sorters. Seemed to have offset the particular issue spots with the pop that were so common. That being said, now we know when damage occurs before the shipping unfortunately. 1 of my PR pops definitely was mishandled prior to packing so thats unfortunate to see. A set in the right direction though.

alot of this is mishandle before shipping. Some people doesn't really care
Fright Night 2022

araviele

Postby araviele » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:07 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:Think I saw someone here comment about this but couldn't find it... but I am thankful they added the wrapping paper between the pop and the meh shipping sorters. Seemed to have offset the particular issue spots with the pop that were so common. That being said, now we know when damage occurs before the shipping unfortunately. 1 of my PR pops definitely was mishandled prior to packing so thats unfortunate to see. A set in the right direction though.

alot of this is mishandle before shipping. Some people doesn't really care

I mean the team folding boxes and then folding and placing in sorters are doing it thousands of times over... We only see the handful that arrived to our doorsteps. A little tear or bend to the worker might not be the biggest deal as they have thousands to fold in a day. That being said, I'd be perfectly okay with waiting a couple more months to assure these damages don't occur prior to the product actually shipping to us. I don't think the complaints here have ever really been on the delay of the product but rather the quality it arrives in
ImageImage

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:08 pm

I've seen good packaging, but when they fold the Funko box and pack the pop in it, they should handle it with care. I've seen lots of damage that already was their before it even was shipped.
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 am

FunCo010 wrote:I've seen good packaging, but when they fold the Funko box and pack the pop in it, they should handle it with care. I've seen lots of damage that already was their before it even was shipped.

Absolutely correct, employee should have training to handle with care
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:01 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
FunCo010 wrote:I've seen good packaging, but when they fold the Funko box and pack the pop in it, they should handle it with care. I've seen lots of damage that already was their before it even was shipped.

Absolutely correct, employee should have training to handle with care

Agree, I want to add they have to change carrier also. I had an issue with USPS, because DHL only handle the first part.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
WonderCon 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
Fred Project Release Party
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Pops: 120 Sodas:10 Signed Pops 40 Signed Sodas: 5

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:14 am

I thought the wrapping paper was a good idea. But then the Pops I received with the wrapping paper managed to have more damage than the ones without. Several had corners that were bent back, probably from trying to shove the wrapped Pop into the cardboard that now does not have as much room. Maybe if they wrapped the Pop first and then folded the cardboard together around it it would work better but who knows. There might just be no way good way for them to ship these both safely and cheaply.

Jnavotoys

Postby Jnavotoys » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 pm

I don’t know if I’ve just gotten lucky or what but I’ve never had an nft get damaged. I don’t know if it’s because I don’t separate them or what

JoeG

Postby JoeG » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:44 am

araviele wrote:So like many have seen the NFT sorters and boxing changed this past shipment with Adventure Time.

What was Droppp thinking with these changes? The box on the outside with the riptab - great! No issues there. But the sorter was definitely a downgrade. All these photos online and in the discord show damage across I'd argue 40-50% of the boxes in the same space. I personally had my Grail and Peppermint affected and its just confusing as we see droppp is trying to get better (offering shipping with protectors sometime this year) and then this change happen. I'd be curious if due to the amount of emails they probably recieved (mine included) that they quickly change their ways promptly.

I personally haven't had any shipping issues till they changed to this new packaging. Now i receive perfect packages to only fined that the funko box inside has all kinds of rips and dents. Thankfully they have replaced a grail and offered box replacements. Nut still they send them with no protections. i cant wait till they give use the option to put them in protectors.

Return to “NFT/Digital”