New NFT Packing...

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
araviele

New NFT Packing...

Postby araviele » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:49 pm

So like many have seen the NFT sorters and boxing changed this past shipment with Adventure Time.

What was Droppp thinking with these changes? The box on the outside with the riptab - great! No issues there. But the sorter was definitely a downgrade. All these photos online and in the discord show damage across I'd argue 40-50% of the boxes in the same space. I personally had my Grail and Peppermint affected and its just confusing as we see droppp is trying to get better (offering shipping with protectors sometime this year) and then this change happen. I'd be curious if due to the amount of emails they probably recieved (mine included) that they quickly change their ways promptly.
ImageImage

franniefunko

Re: New NFT Packing...

Postby franniefunko » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:24 pm

araviele wrote:So like many have seen the NFT sorters and boxing changed this past shipment with Adventure Time.

What was Droppp thinking with these changes? The box on the outside with the riptab - great! No issues there. But the sorter was definitely a downgrade. All these photos online and in the discord show damage across I'd argue 40-50% of the boxes in the same space. I personally had my Grail and Peppermint affected and its just confusing as we see droppp is trying to get better (offering shipping with protectors sometime this year) and then this change happen. I'd be curious if due to the amount of emails they probably recieved (mine included) that they quickly change their ways promptly.

I’ve heard horror stories previously but have always had pretty mint pops delivered. Now with this new packaging 3/6 pops I got were damaged- this is not an upgrade it’s a 100% downgrade! What happened to quality control this year from droppp? Where is the option for protectors? I’m nervous to redeem anymore I kind of want to just wait to buy them second hand seems to be cheaper anyway :/

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:11 pm

I haven’t received any yet with the new sorter but it seems like a ton of people are having issues with that same corner.. it’s a bummer and hopefully something that can be addressed. I never had any issues with the old form of packing, but maybe I was lucky!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:13 am

Are you all ordering your redeemables in one shipment? I always always order them individually and have not had an issue, including the adventure time (although I only had one redeemable from that particular set) . The more pops that are jammed in together the more likely they will cause damage to each other.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:22 am

cliffd64 wrote:Are you all ordering your redeemables in one shipment? I always always order them individually and have not had an issue, including the adventure time (although I only had one redeemable from that particular set) . The more pops that are jammed in together the more likely they will cause damage to each other.

I seen more people doing it this way. It makes sense, since they wont' just be jamming them all in the same box. So I might start doing it this way as well. I haven't had issues with mine, but I don't go hard on a lot of the NFT sets.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 pm

Wiselordship wrote:
cliffd64 wrote:Are you all ordering your redeemables in one shipment? I always always order them individually and have not had an issue, including the adventure time (although I only had one redeemable from that particular set) . The more pops that are jammed in together the more likely they will cause damage to each other.

I seen more people doing it this way. It makes sense, since they wont' just be jamming them all in the same box. So I might start doing it this way as well. I haven't had issues with mine, but I don't go hard on a lot of the NFT sets.

I’m the same exact way. The less you buy the chances of you getting a damaged redeemable. Like I always say, collect what you like. Me personally, I’ve always had them shipped in one box. Never had an issue. The first Halloween set came all damaged. So they sent out replacement boxes. I clearly remember EVERYONE having an issue. The backlash was too much at the time.
Image Image
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:06 pm

Wiselordship wrote:

One box doesn’t make a difference with the new sorters they use. The new sorters are extremely tight and almost everyone is getting damage on the top back flaps because the people putting the Pops in basically have to jam them in.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:47 pm

I did this with my Dark Knight NFT pops and they all arrived pretty safely - honestly, until they officially offer the pop protector option, we're all just hoping and praying lol
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:22 pm

kmandude92 wrote:

I did this with my Dark Knight NFT pops and they all arrived pretty safely - honestly, until they officially offer the pop protector option, we're all just hoping and praying lol

Yeah but those new sorter is bad news.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Funnybob

Postby Funnybob » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:15 am

kmandude92 wrote:

ooooo thanks for sharing. I redeemed 8-10 Dark Knight NFTs on one order and they came in multiple boxes and I haven't checked them all yet. I am scared to check if their is any damage, but good to know that yours arrived safely!

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 am

I think some of the pops we've received damaged are more from before they are put in the sorter since the shipping box outside looks fine. This is also what makes me a little nervous about offering a protector - if it gets jammed into it then it will just make things worse :/
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:06 am

kihou wrote:I think some of the pops we've received damaged are more from before they are put in the sorter since the shipping box outside looks fine. This is also what makes me a little nervous about offering a protector - if it gets jammed into it then it will just make things worse :/

I think it gets damaged when you put it in the new sorter. If people working in droppp rush putting the pop without care it will end up damage all the time
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:37 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:

One box doesn’t make a difference with the new sorters they use. The new sorters are extremely tight and almost everyone is getting damage on the top back flaps because the people putting the Pops in basically have to jam them in.

That makes sense. Next ones I have is Funkoween. So I will have to see which way I go. But the new shipping changes seem like they are at least trying.

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:32 pm

well reportedly they are adjusting to hard stack protectors so hopefully that improves. unfortunately I know some of the new protectors have a stud on the bottom that can damage the pop.
:SW7a:

Hot_Dog_Vendor

Postby Hot_Dog_Vendor » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:14 pm

Yeah, they mentioned that in the future the hard stack will be an option, but not sure when that is. There was not an option for BTTF.
My AT pops I had 6 out of 8 boxes with damage, with one being the Finn grail. Support got back fairly quickly and has said they are sending new boxes. I just hope they don't use these sorters any more.
I am just a simple slinger of those warm wonderful dogs! Let's ketchup and relish in the pop world together!

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:49 pm

I've always ordered mine all together and never had any damage. I seems to just be luck.
I be Chris

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:33 am

I heard they were thinking of changing the packing for the NFT pops due to some many becoming damaged. Interesting to know they finally did. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:25 pm

Watching for awareness.

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:21 pm

franniefunko wrote:
araviele wrote:So like many have seen the NFT sorters and boxing changed this past shipment with Adventure Time.

I’ve heard horror stories previously but have always had pretty mint pops delivered. Now with this new packaging 3/6 pops I got were damaged- this is not an upgrade it’s a 100% downgrade! What happened to quality control this year from droppp? Where is the option for protectors? I’m nervous to redeem anymore I kind of want to just wait to buy them second hand seems to be cheaper anyway :/

I too really never had issues (outside of 1 pop from the scooby set a while ago!). I have contemplated the second hand market as well due to them almost always being cheaper. Something about the NFT chase though haha...
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:22 pm

I learned very early in the game to redeem them 1 by 1. I really never had an issue since 1 pop in the scooby set till now. Droppp must know they messed up though with thrse new sorters. I have never recieved a response and resolution from droppp so quick via email in all my days till now haha
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:24 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:

Seriously. If you look at all the posts online you notice the damage is almost always in that same spot where the new sorters apply the most pressure. Really wonder if this was an economic move or what prompted it
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm

Hot_Dog_Vendor wrote:Yeah, they mentioned that in the future the hard stack will be an option, but not sure when that is. There was not an option for BTTF.
My AT pops I had 6 out of 8 boxes with damage, with one being the Finn grail. Support got back fairly quickly and has said they are sending new boxes. I just hope they don't use these sorters any more.

Maybe this is their way to push people to pay for hardstacks lol
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:25 pm

Tusken wrote:I heard they were thinking of changing the packing for the NFT pops due to some many becoming damaged. Interesting to know they finally did. :freddy3:

Uno reverse please :blush:
ImageImage

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:09 pm

araviele wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:

Seriously. If you look at all the posts online you notice the damage is almost always in that same spot where the new sorters apply the most pressure. Really wonder if this was an economic move or what prompted it

Interesting enough that if there is enough evidence and complaining they might change it. It worked once and took a while. So there is hope it will change again, but how many drops will be effected until then.

franniefunko

Postby franniefunko » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:05 am

araviele wrote:
franniefunko wrote:

I too really never had issues (outside of 1 pop from the scooby set a while ago!). I have contemplated the second hand market as well due to them almost always being cheaper. Something about the NFT chase though haha...

The chase is what keeps me going back :/

PokemonMastaASH

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:09 am

Is this only for a single redeemable?

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:59 am

PokemonMastaASH wrote:Is this only for a single redeemable?

I don't think so
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

jonathan197628

Postby jonathan197628 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:21 pm

When are they going to pack the redeemables inside in pop protector?

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

jonathan197628 wrote:When are they going to pack the redeemables inside in pop protector?

About a month or so ago, they said they were working on improving shipping, including having an option to add a pop protector. But they didn’t mention a timeframe for implementing this. Hopefully when they do have that option, we will be able to add protectors to any prior redemptions that haven’t shipped yet.

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:21 pm

New packaging comes with damaged pops now.

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:31 am

KNock on wood i still haven't received a damaged pop but heck nows its just a matter of time.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:48 pm

RedRoo wrote:KNock on wood i still haven't received a damaged pop but heck nows its just a matter of time.

Same - I have little marks but nothing major at all.

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:38 pm

I wanted to repost some new thoughts on this topic since I opened it...

Though my opinion is the same regarding the new shipping boxes, I will say that droppp has been more responsive in getting replacement boxes out and addressing emails on this topic. Seems that they are aware and are offering to ship box replacements (without pop or plastic) quite easily for damage previously not qualifying for any sort of replacement.

Curious on anyone else's thoughts here.
ImageImage

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Oatmealman wrote:I haven’t received any yet with the new sorter but it seems like a ton of people are having issues with that same corner.. it’s a bummer and hopefully something that can be addressed. I never had any issues with the old form of packing, but maybe I was lucky!

Yeah the older packaging was better

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:41 pm

TonyMa wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:I haven’t received any yet with the new sorter but it seems like a ton of people are having issues with that same corner.. it’s a bummer and hopefully something that can be addressed. I never had any issues with the old form of packing, but maybe I was lucky!

Yeah the older packaging was better

An idea I have on this change is perhaps the new sorters pair with their incoming optional protectors... or something along those lines as I know the sorters are almost too tight at pressure points (causing said widespread damage)
ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:00 pm

I redeemed all of my Stranger Things Pops together but according to my informed delivery they shipped them all separately. I hope it means they all show up mint, but six packages arriving in one day is going to make my wife a little angry lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:17 pm

scullysdad wrote:I redeemed all of my Stranger Things Pops together but according to my informed delivery they shipped them all separately. I hope it means they all show up mint, but six packages arriving in one day is going to make my wife a little angry lol

Honestly probably best! From what everyone has reported alone or in twos are the way to do it to try to avoid damage (though it does seem like it's happening regardless of redeemed package size!)
ImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:54 pm

araviele wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I redeemed all of my Stranger Things Pops together but according to my informed delivery they shipped them all separately. I hope it means they all show up mint, but six packages arriving in one day is going to make my wife a little angry lol

Honestly probably best! From what everyone has reported alone or in twos are the way to do it to try to avoid damage (though it does seem like it's happening regardless of redeemed package size!)

Yeah with the new packaging ordering 1 is bad news.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:07 pm

franniefunko wrote:
araviele wrote:
franniefunko wrote:

The chase is what keeps me going back :/

Yeah me too

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:00 pm

This new packaging was definitely not an improvement

Return to “NFT/Digital”