Transformers X Funko Series 2

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
ComicsZombie

Re: Transformers X Funko Series 2

Postby ComicsZombie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:49 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:I did pretty terribly in this drop. My luck's been bad since WB100. 10 Premiums and 3 Standards for 2 legendaries. I should have just bought the legendaries. Lol.

Can anyone spare an Unicron Epic for someone down on their luck with pulls?

As of right now, I can't spare an Unicorn Epic because it might be useful for my 2nd royalty. While my value difference is not as big and I got more lucky, I feel you though. I bought 24 premium packs in total giving me 3 legendaries and a grail and 90+ percent on my way to royalty. With that being said the value of my collection right now as it stands is less than the 672.91 USDC my NFTs are valued at. The way I look at it is sure I could have saved just buying the straight up, but that is a gamble in itself right. If the starting price is high and you are not on it for the inevitable price drop, you could end up a good chunk still. I am hoping now to start selling extras once I trade to what I need to to start buildng my USDC pool.

It's definitely a risk, buying packs. Historically most legendaries are around 50-70 at some point in their lifetime on the blockchain, with some hitting over $100 depending on the figure and license. For as much as I put into it, I got about $70 in value from this set so far. It'll be higher when I complete the royalty, I just, depressingly don't want to put MORE into it. Lol.

I wanted most of these redeemables (i could go either way with Cheetor, he is so out of place in this drop, and if they did a Beast Wars drop, I think I'd pass and just buy the royalty)

On the plus side, you got the Grail, which is the best mold of the bunch (I'm not counting the fact that it is a rarer figure etc). He does a lot of lifting in your value. Congrats!
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:50 pm

Boszdrew wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:I did pretty terribly in this drop. My luck's been bad since WB100. 10 Premiums and 3 Standards for 2 legendaries. I should have just bought the legendaries. Lol.

same here open 10 premium packs only pulled 3 legendary so I stop and trade my remaining packs for a grain and 1 legendary

Nice, congrats. How many packs did you actually BUY?
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 pm

Dang sorry, I've been there (I think it was the Teen Titans drop we did real bad). Hopefully it evens out for you in a different drop!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:33 pm

araviele wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:Picked up a royalty for $70 bucks not a bad day

I missed with work by accident and did the same. Royalty definitely a deal at 60-70$

I got lucky i have seen them up to $100 now

stichem05

Postby stichem05 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:00 pm

I did horrible on this drop, 6 premium and 6 standard. One legendary and not enough epics to complete the royalty. Standard packs had only common/uncommons/rares. Very disappointing.

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:18 pm

kihou wrote:

Dang sorry, I've been there (I think it was the Teen Titans drop we did real bad). Hopefully it evens out for you in a different drop!

I did ok on Teen Titans, but as a Big TT fan, I needed that grail. I kept picking up packs, pulling Robin, selling him and getting more packs. In the end I had to buy the grail lol.
#BeastBoyShrine

araviele

Postby araviele » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:50 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
araviele wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:Picked up a royalty for $70 bucks not a bad day

I missed with work by accident and did the same. Royalty definitely a deal at 60-70$

I got lucky i have seen them up to $100 now

I think this set will age really nicely!
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:58 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

As of right now, I can't spare an Unicorn Epic because it might be useful for my 2nd royalty. While my value difference is not as big and I got more lucky, I feel you though. I bought 24 premium packs in total giving me 3 legendaries and a grail and 90+ percent on my way to royalty. With that being said the value of my collection right now as it stands is less than the 672.91 USDC my NFTs are valued at. The way I look at it is sure I could have saved just buying the straight up, but that is a gamble in itself right. If the starting price is high and you are not on it for the inevitable price drop, you could end up a good chunk still. I am hoping now to start selling extras once I trade to what I need to to start buildng my USDC pool.

It's definitely a risk, buying packs. Historically most legendaries are around 50-70 at some point in their lifetime on the blockchain, with some hitting over $100 depending on the figure and license. For as much as I put into it, I got about $70 in value from this set so far. It'll be higher when I complete the royalty, I just, depressingly don't want to put MORE into it. Lol.

I wanted most of these redeemables (i could go either way with Cheetor, he is so out of place in this drop, and if they did a Beast Wars drop, I think I'd pass and just buy the royalty)

On the plus side, you got the Grail, which is the best mold of the bunch (I'm not counting the fact that it is a rarer figure etc). He does a lot of lifting in your value. Congrats!

Yeah grail does up my value to help close the gap. One day I will do the math to see where I want to settle at if needed. I think what I do like about going crazy on the drop is the ease of getting NFTs that way. Crypto is just not as convenient. Like USDC is somewhat of a pain especially with gas fees. Then wax is easier, but I remember when bittrex was around there was like some sort of 10 day waiting period when purchasing wax. With USDC and now that Funko has pulled me back into NFTs, I am just going to be more vigilant about selling extras. I didn't do that early on because wax wasn't as inconvenient. I couldn't resist space jam and transformers drops. Luckily I am not huge on star trek, and my budget only allowed for transformers or star wars. I went with transformers
Collecting since 2014

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:15 am

Zero packs purchased, but got my Royalty secured with about 82 dollars in WAX from start to finish. Appreciated it was a smaller number of cards/epics :)
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:08 am

I’m happy to see a drop sell out again. I personally love the nft pops especially the Freddys
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:08 pm

cliffd64 wrote:Zero packs purchased, but got my Royalty secured with about 82 dollars in WAX from start to finish. Appreciated it was a smaller number of cards/epics :)

Nice. yeah I am not too worried about completing mine. Just via extras with space jam and transformers, I got enough to get the 2 epics I need. But going to hold our for trades so I can build u the USDC and save it in case there is ever a drop I want that USDC only.
Collecting since 2014

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:59 pm

All I can say is it was nice to see a Sellout once again!

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:06 pm

This was a great drop and glad to see Transformers fans getting a set they like. I passed on it because I had a feeling it would be a tough one (also my luck the last 2 drops has been subpar). Also not surprised by the sellout.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:53 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:This was a great drop and glad to see Transformers fans getting a set they like. I passed on it because I had a feeling it would be a tough one (also my luck the last 2 drops has been subpar). Also not surprised by the sellout.

You know when you are not lucky you need to keep going. You will eventually turn that bad luck to good luck
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:59 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
LakerSpartan117 wrote:This was a great drop and glad to see Transformers fans getting a set they like. I passed on it because I had a feeling it would be a tough one (also my luck the last 2 drops has been subpar). Also not surprised by the sellout.

You know when you are not lucky you need to keep going. You will eventually turn that bad luck to good luck

yep you won't know your luck turned around until you keep trying.
Collecting since 2014

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:45 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

yep you won't know your luck turned around until you keep trying.

I would definitely agree with you both if I hadn't had a ton of experience already in this NFT randomness. lol

I'm definitely gonna participate in the next drop though!
ImageImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:55 pm

popfanboy wrote:Happy for and jealous of all you Transformer fans because of the amazing Freddy's Funko has made seemingly out of nowhere in the past few years. Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Soundwave, and now Grimlock?! All amazing!! I've unintentionally gathered most of them except for the NFT Bumblebee lol Even as someone who has never seen the movies or was into the cartoons, I can appreciate how sweet they turned out. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

"unintentionally " just like all of us... lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:58 am

ComicsZombie wrote:I wanted most of these redeemables (i could go either way with Cheetor, he is so out of place in this drop, and if they did a Beast Wars drop, I think I'd pass and just buy the royalty)

I agree Cheetor was bit out of place, but I dig it. Beast Wars/Beasties was my first exposure to Transformers, so I'm all for it. I just hope they do a dedicated line some day and don't just stop with Cheetor

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:47 am

diabolix wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:I wanted most of these redeemables (i could go either way with Cheetor, he is so out of place in this drop, and if they did a Beast Wars drop, I think I'd pass and just buy the royalty)

I agree Cheetor was bit out of place, but I dig it. Beast Wars/Beasties was my first exposure to Transformers, so I'm all for it. I just hope they do a dedicated line some day and don't just stop with Cheetor

Yeah that would be nice. Would be cool if do the rest as NFT.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:15 am

I passed this time around but loved the set and hope they continue it for sure. Wondering about the Freddy and if he might grow in popularity. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

araviele

Postby araviele » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:43 pm

Tusken wrote:I passed this time around but loved the set and hope they continue it for sure. Wondering about the Freddy and if he might grow in popularity. :freddy3:

Bumblebee freddy definitely did! I think bc it's a metallic there is room for it!
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:18 pm

Tusken wrote:I passed this time around but loved the set and hope they continue it for sure. Wondering about the Freddy and if he might grow in popularity. :freddy3:

I think if they are willing to do a series 3, I think transformers will be one. It is a license that seems to be succeeding.
Collecting since 2014

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:34 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

I think if they are willing to do a series 3, I think transformers will be one. It is a license that seems to be succeeding.

They have to do series 2 for the other set before they even jump to series 3
Fright Night 2022

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:55 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

do they though ;)?

araviele

Postby araviele » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:20 am

Relinquish wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

do they though ;)?

Yeah I think their timelines are all over the place - no rules for doing other series before others or a specific order lol
ImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 am

araviele wrote:
Relinquish wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

do they though ;)?

Yeah I think their timelines are all over the place - no rules for doing other series before others or a specific order lol

I'm sure there is no timeline but if you think about it there are new series every year and from last year we should be expecting some series 2 and before that there are still no series 2 in year one like TMNT. Just saying that I don't really expect series 3 to come in this year.
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

araviele

Postby araviele » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:34 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
araviele wrote:
Relinquish wrote:
do they though ;)?

I'm sure there is no timeline but if you think about it there are new series every year and from last year we should be expecting some series 2 and before that there are still no series 2 in year one like TMNT. Just saying that I don't really expect series 3 to come in this year.

Oh I don't think anyone thinks we could see a Transformers Series 3 in 2024 either lol but to your point, we only got series 1 of TMNT while other sets have come and later gotten a series 2 (even before TF like HB). Droppp/funko could do anything is my point, there's no rhyme to their release schedule it seems
ImageImage

funkoz34

Postby funkoz34 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:25 pm

Purchased 3 prem and 3 standard and only got blitzwing and arcee.. no luck on king starscream.. will go for the royalty..
SDCC 22
Wondercon 23
IG: z34.collectibles
:freddy3:

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:47 pm

funkoz34 wrote:Purchased 3 prem and 3 standard and only got blitzwing and arcee.. no luck on king starscream.. will go for the royalty..

It can be worse to be honest.
Fright Night 2022

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:13 pm

funkoz34 wrote:Purchased 3 prem and 3 standard and only got blitzwing and arcee.. no luck on king starscream.. will go for the royalty..

Those are some good pulls. Pretty good odds. How is the royalty coming along?

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:34 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:

It can be worse to be honest.

Definitely some people get nothing for more ripping more
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:17 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:

same here open 10 premium packs only pulled 3 legendary so I stop and trade my remaining packs for a grain and 1 legendary

i purchase 18 premium packs :bounce:
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 pm

Boszdrew wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:same here open 10 premium packs only pulled 3 legendary so I stop and trade my remaining packs for a grain and 1 legendary

sometimes it's just really fun to open
Fright Night 2022

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:20 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

sometimes it's just really fun to open

Sometimes it’s not. Lol
#BeastBoyShrine

funkoz34

Postby funkoz34 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:17 pm

jagpop wrote:

Those are some good pulls. Pretty good odds. How is the royalty coming along?

I only got 3 epics and need the rest.. haha Will most likely be spending close to 100 just to complete..
SDCC 22
Wondercon 23
IG: z34.collectibles
:freddy3:

bbauwe01

Postby bbauwe01 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:32 pm

I made sure to collect the set for the Freddy. I need to find myself the Optimus and soundwave metallic ones still.

Jnavotoys

Postby Jnavotoys » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am

I went hard on this set. It’s wild to me some of the legendaries are selling under $30 right now

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm

Jnavotoys wrote:I went hard on this set. It’s wild to me some of the legendaries are selling under $30 right now

I am thinking the same. I went hard on this set as well. I am surprised at the current cost of legendaries
Collecting since 2014

STARLORD_84

Postby STARLORD_84 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:15 pm

This one was okay, I was hoping for a bit better, but that Cheetor is rather lit!

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am

I was only going into this set to get the freddy and cheetor. Ended up with more than 1 of each from the set
Camp fundays 2023 bound! :freddy1:

Return to “NFT/Digital”