Star Trek: TNG Series 1

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Star Trek: TNG Series 1

Postby Jezter » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:53 am

billyconard wrote:
Jezter wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:
Agree, the process is pretty simple. There are also some streamers (CSSully) who can walk you through the process too! Sure, it's not as simple as walking into a store and buying the one you want, but it's not as complicated as it used to be either.

CaseyJones14 wrote:
All the Legendary Pops should be under $50 and Royalty probably in the $75-100 range. The Grail on the other hand is normally a lot more expensive.

Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I don't know how it works and the difference between legendary, royalty and grail works, but if I'm honest, I rarely if ever spend over retail for pops, I don't do ebay or spend anything crazy for pops, nor do I have the funds to do so. I'm quite disappointed I won't be able to get characters like Q for $15, or even something like $30 on a site like EE or some other website. Those are the ranges I'm willing to buy pops for...and after almost 10 years of being a collector of pops, it's pretty disheartening to know they are only releasing certain characters in NFT form without any common variants so we can still get the characters. Chases and hard to get con versions were bad enough, but these are just ridiculous and makes me pretty sad that I simply won't be able to get them.

I'm very aware this is a me problem and NFT pops aren't a new thing...just seeing TNG characters I've been hoping would get made for a very long time only coming out as NFTs really makes me unhappy and kind of depressed realizing we probably won't get the characters in regular common $15 form ever. /shrug

I am sorry of this annoys anyone or brings you down, I'll see myself out of this thread, so the rest of you who are down with nfts and don't mind the cost can enjoy it. Thanks again for the replies and confirming what I was afraid of. Still a Funatic at heart...but it sure is difficult sometimes.

I think at the core of your frusrtration is something every collector deals with - of any thing. The balance of creating stuff for the masses vs. the few. Supply and demand. Scarcity vs. ubiquity. Its a balance every creator and company is making decisions about because audiences and people are different. Some people like to receive an award for being part of a group (like winning a gold medal, or owning a limited edition Funko Pop) while others want everyone to be able to get a medal or by a Funko pop...

I understand and I get it, but I'm coming up on 10 years of collecting Funko Pops, and it just bugs the crap out of me that we FINALLY get new additions to the Star Trek TNG collection and they are not easy to get commons like the original line was. Really disheartening to feel the joy of seeing new versions, but then sadness knowing I won't own them because I don't do NFTs and that I won't pay crazy amounts for them on a secondary site down the road. I collect solely for the fun and happiness of having characters that I love, not for the plan to sell them later or to have something no one else has. My collection are almost all entirely characters that mean something to me, so it's a bummer when pops come out that are hard to get or overpriced later with resellers. I've come to accept this fact over the years and I'll deal, I just completely hate the NFT way of doing things and every once and awhile they release pops I'd love to have as NFTs and not even release a variant as a common, it's not a practice I am happy about.
I'll just move on and buy other things, as I always do. :)
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:16 am

Jezter wrote: Really disheartening to feel the joy of seeing new versions, but then sadness knowing I won't own them because I don't do NFTs and that I won't pay crazy amounts for them on a secondary site down the road.

Worf and Wesley Crusher are $20-25 which is the same price as a Funko Shop exclusive after you factor in shipping.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:23 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Jezter wrote: Really disheartening to feel the joy of seeing new versions, but then sadness knowing I won't own them because I don't do NFTs and that I won't pay crazy amounts for them on a secondary site down the road.

Worf and Wesley Crusher are $20-25 which is the same price as a Funko Shop exclusive after you factor in shipping.

Hmmmmmm...good point, I'll have to keep them in mind. Do I really want Wesley just so I can do a pic of him and Picard with Picard telling him to shutup? That is the question there...lol

I really want Q though...out of the new wave I need that one the most, although second would be Picard in the chair.

Pops!- 716ish

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 am

Jezter wrote:
Hmmmmmm...good point, I'll have to keep them in mind. Do I really want Wesley just so I can do a pic of him and Picard with Picard telling him to shutup? That is the question there...lol

I really want Q though...out of the new wave I need that one the most, although second would be Picard in the chair.

It was funny one of my friends joked that I had to get Wesley Crusher because he'd be part of my Big Bang Theory set lol

Yeah unfortunately those are probably out of your price range for what you'd want to spend :(
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:50 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Jezter wrote:

It was funny one of my friends joked that I had to get Wesley Crusher because he'd be part of my Big Bang Theory set lol

Yeah unfortunately those are probably out of your price range for what you'd want to spend :(

HAHA nice! I remember long long ago seeing the BBT crew in their Star Trek outfits at Hallmark and allllllmost getting them. Sometimes I regret that decision, but mostly glad I didn't. You should get him! :D

Yeah, I figured I'd never get Q or Picard, I've learned to accept many pops over the years won't be part of my collection, often because they are a chase I can't find or a con exclusive I won't be able to get etc. Not the end of the world, just a bummer.

Pops!- 716ish

Return to “NFT/Digital”