Star Trek: TNG Series 1

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
WestIsLeft

Star Trek: TNG Series 1

Postby WestIsLeft » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:36 am

Looking at the recent announcement, looks like Q will be the Grail and Freddy as a Borg member will most likely be the Royalty... The other pack looks like Riker.. maybe Riker sitting in the captains chair? Looking forward to this drop!

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Re: Star Trek: TNG Series 1

Postby cliffd64 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:57 am

WestIsLeft wrote:Looking at the recent announcement, looks like Q will be the Grail and Freddy as a Borg member will most likely be the Royalty... The other pack looks like Riker.. maybe Riker sitting in the captains chair? Looking forward to this drop!

Hmmm ... The rainbow stripes on the shirt look like Wesley Crusher to me.... but the Freddy as Borg is awesome!

Last edited by cliffd64 on Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:58 am

Great looking set! That Freddy is awesome.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:04 pm

cliffd64 wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:Looking at the recent announcement, looks like Q will be the Grail and Freddy as a Borg member will most likely be the Royalty... The other pack looks like Riker.. maybe Riker sitting in the captains chair? Looking forward to this drop!

Hmmm ... The rainbow stripes on the shirt look like Wesley Crusher to me.... but the Freddy as Borg is awesome!

You're right it is! Droppp dropped their teaser video.

Judge Q, Worf, Picard, Wesley, and Freddy as Borg!

cliffd64

Postby cliffd64 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:16 pm

Cool - Freddy is actually Locutus of Borg!
Last edited by cliffd64 on Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

projectGonzo

Postby projectGonzo » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:16 pm

Freddy looks great!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:47 pm

cliffd64 wrote:Image

Cool - Freddy is actually Locutus of Borg!

Very cool as we get Picard in his chair and Freddy as Borg! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:02 pm

DAM IT! i was hoping i wouldn't get sucked back into the funko NFT scene. "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE"

me and my wife just finished rewatching all 7 seasons and watching all 3 movies too.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:19 pm

Dang, that Freddy is AMAZING!
Instagram- calebshiny

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:37 pm

TheNeck wrote:DAM IT! i was hoping i wouldn't get sucked back into the funko NFT scene. "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE"

me and my wife just finished rewatching all 7 seasons and watching all 3 movies too.

I know you meant to put ‘all four movies’, but I love the idea of you refusing to acknowledge Nemesis lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:41 pm

I neeeeeeeed this!!! Live long and prosper yall!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:43 pm

Wish they kinda did blacklight similar to the first set! Would be a nice way to keep ST a unique set to collect from the NFT lines
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:56 pm

araviele wrote:Wish they kinda did blacklight similar to the first set! Would be a nice way to keep ST a unique set to collect from the NFT lines

They definitely missed the mark with the blacklights on that first set though. If I remember correctly Spock barely had any blacklight reaction at all.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:11 pm

Extremely disappointed that once again some pops I'd really love to have are NFTs. I don't have the know how to do the digital thing, and don't have the funds to spend the ridiculous amounts the physical pops are if someone wants to sell them.

I admit to not fully understanding the process, but from what I do understand, it's not as easy as walking into a shop or going online and just ordering what I want. Been waiting forever for new TNG pops...and we get these. Sad. :(
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:25 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
araviele wrote:Wish they kinda did blacklight similar to the first set! Would be a nice way to keep ST a unique set to collect from the NFT lines

They definitely missed the mark with the blacklights on that first set though. If I remember correctly Spock barely had any blacklight reaction at all.

I mean functional blacklight is one thing but I liked how it stood apart from other sets (even moving forward to now). We see some glow, some metallic, sideways boxes, etc... it would just be a cool thing to keep in that series is all. Kinda like how they could have gone gold with TF2 Grail (though I like the Grail they chose anyways)
ImageImage

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:30 pm

Royalty is so dope im digging it

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:02 pm

scullysdad wrote:
TheNeck wrote:I know you meant to put ‘all four movies’, but I love the idea of you refusing to acknowledge Nemesis lol

LOL we actually watched 3 of them, I forgot generations was the 1st movie. now we need to watch it. LOL
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:29 pm

Jezter wrote:Extremely disappointed that once again some pops I'd really love to have are NFTs. I don't have the know how to do the digital thing, and don't have the funds to spend the ridiculous amounts the physical pops are if someone wants to sell them.

I admit to not fully understanding the process, but from what I do understand, it's not as easy as walking into a shop or going online and just ordering what I want. Been waiting forever for new TNG pops...and we get these. Sad. :(

I hear you. I will say, it's not as difficult to get these as it use to be. If you want to try your luck, all you have to do is create a Droppp.io account (it's free) and then buy some packs when they are released with a credit card and pay in USD. You'll open the packs in your droppp account and see what you get. If you get an NFT for a physical redeemable, you wait until the redemption period, login and redeem the NFT for a phsyical (it's super intuitive in the app to do this) and they mail you the pop.

The only thing that can be a little difficult if you don't know anything about NFTs is completing the entire set to get the Royalty Redeemable. For that, you'll have to buy the NFTs you are missing and sell your duplicates. If you want help with how to do that, I could write up a separate message with instructions or you could send me a PM for help.

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:34 pm

cliffd64 wrote:

They look good I like the Freddy

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:28 pm

billyconard wrote:
Jezter wrote:Extremely disappointed that once again some pops I'd really love to have are NFTs. I don't have the know how to do the digital thing, and don't have the funds to spend the ridiculous amounts the physical pops are if someone wants to sell them.

I hear you. I will say, it's not as difficult to get these as it use to be. If you want to try your luck, all you have to do is create a Droppp.io account (it's free) and then buy some packs when they are released with a credit card and pay in USD. You'll open the packs in your droppp account and see what you get. If you get an NFT for a physical redeemable, you wait until the redemption period, login and redeem the NFT for a phsyical (it's super intuitive in the app to do this) and they mail you the pop.

The only thing that can be a little difficult if you don't know anything about NFTs is completing the entire set to get the Royalty Redeemable. For that, you'll have to buy the NFTs you are missing and sell your duplicates. If you want help with how to do that, I could write up a separate message with instructions or you could send me a PM for help.

Agree, the process is pretty simple. There are also some streamers (CSSully) who can walk you through the process too! Sure, it's not as simple as walking into a store and buying the one you want, but it's not as complicated as it used to be either.

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:27 pm

Man, one week after Transformers. This is going to be rough

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:28 pm

I am going to try for all of the redemptions and two Wesleys. A little bummed there still aren’t Troi and Dr Crusher Pops, but I do like the ones we are getting. Worf especially is great.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:32 pm

All the Legendary Pops should be under $50 and Royalty probably in the $75-100 range. The Grail on the other hand is normally a lot more expensive.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:06 pm

Showed my dad this set and HE IS HYPEDDDD!!! His number 1 want is his boy Picard but overall super awesome set, according to him

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:13 pm

kickinit wrote:Man, one week after Transformers. This is going to be rough

Really rough.... lol
ImageImage

araviele

Postby araviele » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:13 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:Showed my dad this set and HE IS HYPEDDDD!!! His number 1 want is his boy Picard but overall super awesome set, according to him

Oh great now I gotta ask my dad if he's interested I totally forgot. There goes more money :freddy2:
ImageImage

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:46 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:
billyconard wrote:

Agree, the process is pretty simple. There are also some streamers (CSSully) who can walk you through the process too! Sure, it's not as simple as walking into a store and buying the one you want, but it's not as complicated as it used to be either.

CaseyJones14 wrote:

All the Legendary Pops should be under $50 and Royalty probably in the $75-100 range. The Grail on the other hand is normally a lot more expensive.

Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I don't know how it works and the difference between legendary, royalty and grail works, but if I'm honest, I rarely if ever spend over retail for pops, I don't do ebay or spend anything crazy for pops, nor do I have the funds to do so. I'm quite disappointed I won't be able to get characters like Q for $15, or even something like $30 on a site like EE or some other website. Those are the ranges I'm willing to buy pops for...and after almost 10 years of being a collector of pops, it's pretty disheartening to know they are only releasing certain characters in NFT form without any common variants so we can still get the characters. Chases and hard to get con versions were bad enough, but these are just ridiculous and makes me pretty sad that I simply won't be able to get them.

I'm very aware this is a me problem and NFT pops aren't a new thing...just seeing TNG characters I've been hoping would get made for a very long time only coming out as NFTs really makes me unhappy and kind of depressed realizing we probably won't get the characters in regular common $15 form ever. /shrug

I am sorry of this annoys anyone or brings you down, I'll see myself out of this thread, so the rest of you who are down with nfts and don't mind the cost can enjoy it. Thanks again for the replies and confirming what I was afraid of. Still a Funatic at heart...but it sure is difficult sometimes.

Pops!- 716ish

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:33 pm

Jezter wrote:I am sorry of this annoys anyone or brings you down, I'll see myself out of this thread, so the rest of you who are down with nfts and don't mind the cost can enjoy it. Thanks again for the replies and confirming what I was afraid of. Still a Funatic at heart...but it sure is difficult sometimes.

No need to say sorry for anything! Everyone collects differently and there is no right or wrong way to collect. I wouldn’t give up on there being other Star Trek Pops that come out later from this show. So far there have been quite a few Pops from NFT sets that were later released as commons. For example there was an Ad Icons Cornelius Pop that was a NFT only Pop and like 6-7 months later a common came out.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:26 am

I’ve stayed away from the NFT’s, but this may bring me in.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:15 am

kickinit wrote:Man, one week after Transformers. This is going to be rough

Yeah, it’s odd to me that we are not only getting sets two weeks in a row but that they are both officially announced. But I want TNG more than Transformers, so I think this makes TF a royalty only set for me.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:59 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Jezter wrote:I am sorry of this annoys anyone or brings you down, I'll see myself out of this thread, so the rest of you who are down with nfts and don't mind the cost can enjoy it. Thanks again for the replies and confirming what I was afraid of. Still a Funatic at heart...but it sure is difficult sometimes.

No need to say sorry for anything! Everyone collects differently and there is no right or wrong way to collect. I wouldn’t give up on there being other Star Trek Pops that come out later from this show. So far there have been quite a few Pops from NFT sets that were later released as commons. For example there was an Ad Icons Cornelius Pop that was a NFT only Pop and like 6-7 months later a common came out.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. :) I'm just a big ST fan and especially TNG, and I've been waiting for pops like Q, Dr Crusher, Wesley Crusher, Guinan, Ensign Ro, Chief O'Brien, Lwaxana Troi and others like a generic Romulan or some of the other weirder side characters...and the line has been super quiet for years. We got a sprinkling of TOS characters like Kirk and Spock on the Captain chair and even got a small wave from Lower Decks...so I'm extremely disappointed that we finally get TNG pops, my favorite ST show and they are NFTs. I've been collecting for almost 10 years and have had many lines start and then stall out, like Doctor Who, Firefly, Star Trek TNG and when we finally get a new wave of one that I've been dying for, and they are the most difficult versions to get/buy, just makes you want to not want to worry about it anymore and kind of makes you look at the company negatively.

That said...I'm still going to buy what comes out as normal pops for all of the other lines I buy from...I'm still a full fledged Funko pop collector...just hurts when stuff like this happens. I'll live. :D

Pops!- 716ish

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:31 am

*sips tea in waiting for voyager and janeway justice*

Admittedly the freddy is nice but HECK i wish it was a glow freddy as borg. Like that would look so sick!
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:38 pm

Jezter wrote:We got a sprinkling of TOS characters like Kirk and Spock on the Captain chair and even got a small wave from Lower Decks...so I'm extremely disappointed that we finally get TNG pops, my favorite ST show and they are NFTs. I've been collecting for almost 10 years and have had many lines start and then stall out, like Doctor Who, Firefly, Star Trek TNG and when we finally get a new wave of one that I've been dying for, and they are the most difficult versions to get/buy, just makes you want to not want to worry about it anymore and kind of makes you look at the company negatively.

That said...I'm still going to buy what comes out as normal pops for all of the other lines I buy from...I'm still a full fledged Funko pop collector...just hurts when stuff like this happens. I'll live. :D

I wouldn't just sit this out, man. Lots of these Legendary pops have been in the <$40 range (after conversion). Keep an eye on this set, if it truly makes you happy. Q is probably going to be more than $50, unfortunately for you, but I believe these other ones should be rather cheap?

Lately, these NFT sets haven't been selling out and therefore prices have been lower due to demand (I think I remembered that from econ class). So, again, I would at least take a look at the marketplace after the initial sale and check it out.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:43 pm

WestIsLeft wrote:
Jezter wrote:We got a sprinkling of TOS characters like Kirk and Spock on the Captain chair and even got a small wave from Lower Decks...so I'm extremely disappointed that we finally get TNG pops, my favorite ST show and they are NFTs. I've been collecting for almost 10 years and have had many lines start and then stall out, like Doctor Who, Firefly, Star Trek TNG and when we finally get a new wave of one that I've been dying for, and they are the most difficult versions to get/buy, just makes you want to not want to worry about it anymore and kind of makes you look at the company negatively.

I wouldn't just sit this out, man. Lots of these Legendary pops have been in the <$40 range (after conversion). Keep an eye on this set, if it truly makes you happy. Q is probably going to be more than $50, unfortunately for you, but I believe these other ones should be rather cheap?

Lately, these NFT sets haven't been selling out and therefore prices have been lower due to demand (I think I remembered that from econ class). So, again, I would at least take a look at the marketplace after the initial sale and check it out.

Oh I will for sure be keeping an eye out on the various places to buy pops aftermarket like ebay etc. I just know what I'm willing to spend on pops and just doing a search on ebay for "funko nft" brings up a ton of pops I would never spend the money on, unfortunately, so I'm not holding my breath for these. I'll take a look in a month or two or three or whatever, but I'm not stressing it.

Pops!- 716ish

WestIsLeft

Postby WestIsLeft » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:56 pm

That's not what I said at all. Regardless, good luck!

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm

The Borg Freddy Funko is :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: . I'm liking the recent royalty Freddys.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:04 pm

I love the royalty freddy borg!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:11 am

scullysdad wrote:I am going to try for all of the redemptions and two Wesleys. A little bummed there still aren’t Troi and Dr Crusher Pops, but I do like the ones we are getting. Worf especially is great.

Definitely need a Wesley from this round! And agreed, how could they not give us Troi and Crusher? Though my wallet is grateful, I'd be going a lot harder on this round if there was a Troi pop in the mix!
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:32 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Hopefully this is the case here too! If anything, perhaps a sellout or a really good sale for this series would prove there's interest in it and encourage them to do more common lines.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:10 pm

Jezter wrote:
WestIsLeft wrote:
billyconard wrote:

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Thank you all for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I don't know how it works and the difference between legendary, royalty and grail works, but if I'm honest, I rarely if ever spend over retail for pops, I don't do ebay or spend anything crazy for pops, nor do I have the funds to do so. I'm quite disappointed I won't be able to get characters like Q for $15, or even something like $30 on a site like EE or some other website. Those are the ranges I'm willing to buy pops for...and after almost 10 years of being a collector of pops, it's pretty disheartening to know they are only releasing certain characters in NFT form without any common variants so we can still get the characters. Chases and hard to get con versions were bad enough, but these are just ridiculous and makes me pretty sad that I simply won't be able to get them.

I'm very aware this is a me problem and NFT pops aren't a new thing...just seeing TNG characters I've been hoping would get made for a very long time only coming out as NFTs really makes me unhappy and kind of depressed realizing we probably won't get the characters in regular common $15 form ever. /shrug

I am sorry of this annoys anyone or brings you down, I'll see myself out of this thread, so the rest of you who are down with nfts and don't mind the cost can enjoy it. Thanks again for the replies and confirming what I was afraid of. Still a Funatic at heart...but it sure is difficult sometimes.

I think at the core of your frusrtration is something every collector deals with - of any thing. The balance of creating stuff for the masses vs. the few. Supply and demand. Scarcity vs. ubiquity. Its a balance every creator and company is making decisions about because audiences and people are different. Some people like to receive an award for being part of a group (like winning a gold medal, or owning a limited edition Funko Pop) while others want everyone to be able to get a medal or by a Funko pop...

Return to “NFT/Digital”