Mythic packs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
nascar246788

Re: Mythic packs

Postby nascar246788 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:00 am

Funnybob wrote:
billyconard wrote:Oh boy. I think these Mythic packs are gonna be hot and sell out immediately. This is a good line to test this out with. Wait until it gets used on popular IP...

499 quantity is a great amount and will drive demand by itself. I don't think it will sell the mythic redeemable will sell for $500 as some speculated on here, but it could be pretty high. People love them some Mechs / Gundam style figures...

totally agree. if those project freds go for $500+ and that was LE750, these could definitely go for more :-k

I do think this mythic could do well as a resell pop. I wouldn't resell mine for sure, but I do love it that I might have to go for 2.
Collecting since 2014

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Tue May 07, 2024 2:02 am

deadlycollects wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:We are going out the country a few days after the drop, definitely dont want to spend too much lol

Good luck lol

Oh well im still probably going for it and complain about the money later lol

The end of each month works for some as a point to complain. lol
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:16 am

#-o
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
movieman1981 wrote:
FunkoSimpson92 wrote:Well I sure do hope you are right and I’m over pricing him!! Because I know the bots will be at work for these packs so after market might be my only option if the queue doesn’t bless me!

Makes sense with not an actual character to not be too crazy high in price but that glow and 10 inch aspect make me think it might spike!

Just hope he is packaged with care once he ships out otherwise I could see the value plummet with all being damaged or dinged up!

Or the value shooting up cause only 50 are shipped mint condition

We really have no idea how they will ship the 10 inch but dropp have improved their shipping for 4 inch. If they figure it out then we will have no issue getting the 10 inch in mint condition.

After seeing the horror pictures and reading the horror stories on how dropp ships their pops I was scared when receiving my first redemption but I gotta say it came in mint condition!

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:19 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
I don’t think it’s a gamble considering you get a 100% chance of a redeemable if you manage to get the mythic pack

Right, but what IF that redeemable turns out to be worth $40?

No way it's going to price that low. It's a LE499 Freddy. But if ever that happen I will be happy to buy couple of them

Sometimes it’s not about the money yknow. There’s people that buy the packs just to collect all redeemables. And there’s people out there that buy just to resell. But there’s no way that the 10 inch redeemable is going to be worth less than the price of the pack itself .

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:20 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
nostaljay wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

The big Freddy robo for $40?! Count me in, I’d buy a few and bring them with me to next years fundays to give out lol

I can actually see that happen. :compress:

There’s no way that redeemable is going to be less than the price of the pack. Not even if it’s OOB because it arrived damaged. A 499 piece Freddy funko 10 inch nft is what we’re talking about here lol

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:21 am

T minus 1 week until the picks drop!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue May 07, 2024 6:24 am

funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
nostaljay wrote:
The big Freddy robo for $40?! Count me in, I’d buy a few and bring them with me to next years fundays to give out lol

There’s no way that redeemable is going to be less than the price of the pack. Not even if it’s OOB because it arrived damaged. A 499 piece Freddy funko 10 inch nft is what we’re talking about here lol

Yeah just shipping it it's going to be expensive
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

nostaljay

Postby nostaljay » Tue May 07, 2024 11:30 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Shipping is usually free for NFT pops, since the buy in is expensive for the average pop consumer . I doubt they would charge for shipping inside the US
ImageImage
#TEAMPROTOROBOS #TEAMFUNAMUCK BEARS

nostaljay

Postby nostaljay » Tue May 07, 2024 11:30 am

funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
nostaljay wrote:

I highly doubt it as well , but crazier things have happened in the NFT community .
ImageImage
#TEAMPROTOROBOS #TEAMFUNAMUCK BEARS

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 07, 2024 12:21 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:We are going out the country a few days after the drop, definitely dont want to spend too much lol

Good luck lol

Oh well im still probably going for it and complain about the money later lol

You should complain about it on the flight or drive to your vacation destination.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm

nostaljay wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I highly doubt it as well , but crazier things have happened in the NFT community .

I wish it weren’t a 10 inch pop. I might have obliged.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 07, 2024 12:38 pm

nostaljay wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

Shipping is usually free for NFT pops, since the buy in is expensive for the average pop consumer . I doubt they would charge for shipping inside the US

Shipping has always been free. :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 07, 2024 12:43 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I’m 100% sure shipping will be free.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 07, 2024 12:50 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

No way it's going to price that low. It's a LE499 Freddy. But if ever that happen I will be happy to buy couple of them

Sometimes it’s not about the money yknow. There’s people that buy the packs just to collect all redeemables. And there’s people out there that buy just to resell. But there’s no way that the 10 inch redeemable is going to be worth less than the price of the pack itself .

Good Point
Image Image
ImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue May 07, 2024 2:53 pm

Funnybob wrote:
billyconard wrote:Oh boy. I think these Mythic packs are gonna be hot and sell out immediately. This is a good line to test this out with. Wait until it gets used on popular IP...

499 quantity is a great amount and will drive demand by itself. I don't think it will sell the mythic redeemable will sell for $500 as some speculated on here, but it could be pretty high. People love them some Mechs / Gundam style figures...

totally agree. if those project freds go for $500+ and that was LE750, these could definitely go for more :-k

Yikes and ouch #-o :-({|=
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Tue May 07, 2024 5:19 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
nostaljay wrote:

I agree that it will hold value, and perhaps more, but it will be interesting given this Freddy isn't based on an IP. I just love how they are making packs available with a guaranteed redeemable and 29 chances at more redeemables! This is why NBA Top Shot and other NFT platforms are having challenges, I still think people want that physical collectible.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue May 07, 2024 5:59 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I agree that it will hold value, and perhaps more, but it will be interesting given this Freddy isn't based on an IP. I just love how they are making packs available with a guaranteed redeemable and 29 chances at more redeemables! This is why NBA Top Shot and other NFT platforms are having challenges, I still think people want that physical collectible.

We have tons of Freddy without IP but still holds value. Also people love to see their collection physically though we don't know if that is still the same case in 5, 10, 15 ,20 or 50 years from now.
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

artistickc 13

Postby artistickc 13 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:18 pm

I feel like Franny is going to be the must haves for a while because she seems so popular, for the last expo hers sold out first.
Image Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:28 pm

This drop is selling out now with the announcement of a fun of 1 to win a funday's ticket.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

mrodr110

Postby mrodr110 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:29 pm

hailmary25 wrote:This drop is selling out now with the announcement of a fun of 1 to win a funday's ticket.

It was probably going to sell out but now will be quick

Misapops

Postby Misapops » Tue May 07, 2024 7:46 pm

artistickc 13 wrote:I feel like Franny is going to be the must haves for a while because she seems so popular, for the last expo hers sold out first.

I agree! Everyone at C2E2 wanted her and the fact that she sold out both in person and online shows she’s getting popular!
Follow for more anime funatic fun:
Tiktok: @Misa.pops
Instagram: @Misa.pops
:freddy2:

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 pm

hailmary25 wrote:This drop is selling out now with the announcement of a fun of 1 to win a funday's ticket.

Yeah, that 1 of 1 Fundays card is like a golden ticket. Really amazing way to motivate collectors to give Funko NFTs a try. I am definitely in now on this set!

trzadrake

Postby trzadrake » Tue May 07, 2024 10:01 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:

Yeah, that 1 of 1 Fundays card is like a golden ticket. Really amazing way to motivate collectors to give Funko NFTs a try. I am definitely in now on this set!

Imagine if it doesn't sell out and the burn the packs with the 1:1 in it!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

We have tons of Freddy without IP but still holds value. Also people love to see their collection physically though we don't know if that is still the same case in 5, 10, 15 ,20 or 50 years from now.

Yea that’s true. Nobody can tell what the future will be.
Image Image
ImageImage

funkohunterspnw

Postby funkohunterspnw » Tue May 07, 2024 11:23 pm

I think it’s going to be a hit for Freddy’s but probably not as popular for other characters. Excited to see what they’ll do!

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:26 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:

It’s not like a golden ticket, it isssss the golden ticket lol. Maybe the winner would also recieve the proto that’s on the actual nft

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:27 pm

trzadrake wrote:
Lakerfan75 wrote:

Imagine if it doesn't sell out and the burn the packs with the 1:1 in it!

That 1:1 is what makes this drop golden! It’s 100% selling out within minutes

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:30 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Have buyer pay for shipping! lol

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 pm

I was surprised when I first saw that announcement wasn’t expecting to ever see a 1:1 nft

1005_echo

Postby 1005_echo » Wed May 08, 2024 12:28 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:

I was surprised when I first saw that announcement wasn’t expecting to ever see a 1:1 nft

I was planning on trying anyway, but now I know it will be that much harder. Knew I should have looked into fiber connection sooner [-o<
:freddy2: Funklub member # 10516.
ImageImageImage

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

Was already going to try for a Mythic Pack for that Freddy, but the 1:1 certainly makes it more interesting! Willy Wonka golden ticket style, channeling my inner Charlie Bucket for this one!

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:54 pm

$70 dollar for this Freddy is not bad at all!
Remember, an average 9/10 inch pop is like $40, and for $30 bucks more, you have a Freddy Funko pop and it is also limited to 499 pieces.
That is a steal.
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:25 pm

1005_echo wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

I was planning on trying anyway, but now I know it will be that much harder. Knew I should have looked into fiber connection sooner [-o<

Good luck to us all!

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:44 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:You also get more cards including with the chance to hit something else!

Crazy, some people spend $130+ and get no redeemables . I think it’s a “good deal” for anyone who plans to spend more than $130

Definitely a good point

Hopefully if I do spend I’ll pull that mythiccc

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:46 pm

FunCo010 wrote:$70 dollar for this Freddy is not bad at all!
Remember, an average 9/10 inch pop is like $40, and for $30 bucks more, you have a Freddy Funko pop and it is also limited to 499 pieces.
That is a steal.

Yeah, I have purchased from multiple drops, and I have to say the ones where I don't pull at least one redeemable are not a good feeling. At least with this option, you get a guaranteed redeemable.

naaaarra

Postby naaaarra » Wed May 08, 2024 3:11 pm

Any tips on how to buy these? Is there a waiting room before the drop? Is your place in line randomized once it goes live?

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 08, 2024 4:36 pm

singerjared21 wrote:
Jalapenopete wrote:
funkoldblooded wrote:Crazy, some people spend $130+ and get no redeemables . I think it’s a “good deal” for anyone who plans to spend more than $130

Definitely a good point

Hopefully if I do spend I’ll pull that mythiccc

I feel most people that are regulars for nfts are going for the mythic

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 08, 2024 4:37 pm

naaaarra wrote:Any tips on how to buy these? Is there a waiting room before the drop? Is your place in line randomized once it goes live?

The queue goes live before the official drop time, then once it hits the time youre entered into a randomized pool

tanman69

Postby tanman69 » Wed May 08, 2024 4:42 pm

I wonder if mythic packs are only going to be for certain drops or if every drop after this one will have it. Seems like it will be reserved for certai drops like big ips

1005_echo

Postby 1005_echo » Wed May 08, 2024 6:49 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
FunCo010 wrote:$70 dollar for this Freddy is not bad at all!
That is a steal.

Yeah, I have purchased from multiple drops, and I have to say the ones where I don't pull at least one redeemable are not a good feeling. At least with this option, you get a guaranteed redeemable.

Yes I like the guarenteed freddy because with these nfts I never get a redeemable so it will feel good to know at least i can get one. Now if I could only snag that 1:1 Freddy fundays lol [-o< [-o<
:freddy2: Funklub member # 10516.
ImageImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”