Is it less expensive to buy on Ebay?

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Elewitt2022

Is it less expensive to buy on Ebay?

Postby Elewitt2022 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:14 pm

For a Pop collector who has not done anything with digital NFT, who wants to get a few of the physical NFT Pops! would it be less expensive to just buy it on ebay, versus starting a Droppp account and buying UDSC so you can collect all of the royalty sets, legendary sets, or buying grail tokens, etc?

I just really like some of these Star Trek ones....but not sure about all that goes into getting setup with NFT's...

Looking for real advice.....Thanks

Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

FuegoGlorious

Re: Is it less expensive to buy on Ebay?

Postby FuegoGlorious » Sun May 05, 2024 1:42 pm

There is a lot that goes into this but in general I would say nfts are the most expensive on initial physical launch. However, most lose value several months after. Most of the time I find they are much cheaper a couple months before redemption/several months after nft launch. So if you have to have the pops at launch, then yes you can get a good price by buying the tokens a couple months after nft droppp. If you are patient you can just wait a couple months after the pops are shipped out. Lastly, its going to be the most expensive to buy packs unless you have great luck or want the royalty and most of the redeemables in the set.
:SW7a:

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sun May 05, 2024 6:53 pm

Join NFT facebook groups, thats where i get most if not all the legendary im missing, sometimes once's redemption comes around youll find some great deals especially from people just trying to get rid of their stuff

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Sun May 05, 2024 7:14 pm

I bought a lot of on eBay chesp
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Sun May 05, 2024 8:34 pm

I'd say if all your wanting is the physical pops, wait until after redemption and people have received the physical items. Then look on eBay or even Mercari. Getting into NFTs can be very overwhelming - there can sometimes be a lot of steps involved. I do know there are videos that content creators have created about the whole Droppp process. You can probably Google search those if you are really interested in setting up a Droppp account and participating. Good luck on whatever path you choose! The NFT pops can be some of the most awesome around! I definitely enjoy collecting a few NFT lines!
IG: CelestialFireKitty

Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
MLP - Pony Power!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

:mal:

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm

Cheaper maybe, but I find opening packs and stuff most of the enjoyment of the NFT thing. It’s a loot box/gambling mechanism, release that dopamine!
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun May 05, 2024 10:40 pm

Yes, I agree, it is more fun opening your own packs! Hit or miss, it is still enjoyable.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

araviele

Postby araviele » Sun May 05, 2024 10:44 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:For a Pop collector who has not done anything with digital NFT, who wants to get a few of the physical NFT Pops! would it be less expensive to just buy it on ebay, versus starting a Droppp account and buying UDSC so you can collect all of the royalty sets, legendary sets, or buying grail tokens, etc?

I just really like some of these Star Trek ones....but not sure about all that goes into getting setup with NFT's...

So traditionally there are multiple windows of low prices. It honestly isn't a crazy process to get into but I respect just going to ebay. Royalty via NFT would be ideal to purchase after the tokens are given after snapshot (accounts are given the token to redeem if they collected all the pieces for royalty by a certain date). Creating an account and collecting the cards prior to snapshot at this point would be tedious.

Alternatively if you look to purchase once the physicals have shipped I'd argue that would be a decent time to buy as once in hand all these pieces usually sell for cheap and then gradually grow.

So just depends what you want to commit yourself to. I don't think either options is ridiculously cheaper than the other. In either case, you'll have to wait quite some time either way to recieve it in person (check dates on droppp website)
ImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon May 06, 2024 12:56 am

Great topic, I was buying mine on ebay I found the big boy line and the jetsons for a moderate price. I like it because they had it on hand

Lakerfan75

Postby Lakerfan75 » Mon May 06, 2024 1:14 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:For a Pop collector who has not done anything with digital NFT, who wants to get a few of the physical NFT Pops! would it be less expensive to just buy it on ebay, versus starting a Droppp account and buying UDSC so you can collect all of the royalty sets, legendary sets, or buying grail tokens, etc?

I think that most do become cheaper when on eBay, but I think a lot of people are sleeping on this Star Trek set. That Freddy as locutus of Borg is amazing.

FunkoSimpson92

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:04 am

Another factor to consider is when purchasing when item is in hand, you can check status of the box. unlike when it shipped from droppp, they might have damage and they can be tough to replace boxes unless completely damaged.

It does seem like the droppp support has been responding with more replacements lately though!

I have been leaning towards buying once in hand unless I’m aiming for the master set. Then the pack ripping is fun and helps towards royalty !

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:30 am

Certainly would be easier and you see what the pop looks like already if there is damage and such :)
Happy collecting

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 06, 2024 7:35 am

yamster8888 wrote:

Certainly would be easier and you see what the pop looks like already if there is damage and such :)
Happy collecting

You don't know the value months for now. But I think some people sells NFTs in eBay too but I don't know how it works
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon May 06, 2024 10:22 am

I am still a pack person and like to assemble my own royalty, but I think the best way to do it is to wait until the redemption coins come out and then buy the coin on Droppp.

I know you said you don't want to deal with USDC and you won't need to. You can actually use a credit card, but because there is a minimum amount, you won't be able to use it to buy the individual royalty cards since they are 5¢ and I think the min is $5.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Mon May 06, 2024 12:56 pm

I would say - just get the pieces you want on Ebay if you don't think you will ever dabble in the NFT space again. But if you think you might get into other lines - then I would take the time to dabble in getting the USDC and starting the journey to be able to buy Funko NFTs and complete Royalty collections, rip packs, and trade/buy/sell stuff on the aftermarket.

Droppp is getting to a place where you can do everything with credit cards and dollars. So it's all a matter of whether you think these Star Trek pops are the only ones you would ever consider or if you think other lines might drop in this format you would want.

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:00 pm

It depends - I always like to get a few NFT packs if I can because that can ease the pressure of needing to buy everything secondhand (and you never know what you'll get!)
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
IG: @kylekollector
ISO:
Ezio 21 (grey outfit Common and blue outfit GameStop exclusive)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:29 pm

FunkoSimpson92 wrote:Another factor to consider is when purchasing when item is in hand, you can check status of the box. unlike when it shipped from droppp, they might have damage and they can be tough to replace boxes unless completely damaged.

It does seem like the droppp support has been responding with more replacements lately though!

I have been leaning towards buying once in hand unless I’m aiming for the master set. Then the pack ripping is fun and helps towards royalty !

This is the most important factor. So many come damaged it's hard to put a real value on some. I like to redeem cheaper ones but more expensive that I couldn't pull in the drop, I am able to buy and check the condition

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:31 pm

It's cheapest to find a friend who has Wax or USDC and let them handle the buying for you. I'd keep an eye on prices and then have them buy when it's a price you are comfortable with.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Tootall411

Postby Tootall411 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:38 pm

I would say some redeemables I see going for $20-30 before redemption

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:41 pm

Tootall411 wrote:I would say some redeemables I see going for $20-30 before redemption

From ebay?
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Mon May 06, 2024 5:49 pm

Valde wrote:Cheaper maybe, but I find opening packs and stuff most of the enjoyment of the NFT thing. It’s a loot box/gambling mechanism, release that dopamine!

This does sound like fun but I also like saving money. Decisions :-k :-k :roflmao:
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 pm

jcrook wrote:
Valde wrote:Cheaper maybe, but I find opening packs and stuff most of the enjoyment of the NFT thing. It’s a loot box/gambling mechanism, release that dopamine!

This does sound like fun but I also like saving money. Decisions :-k :-k :roflmao:

Its only fun when you actually hit redeemables others than that youll say to yourself " i shouldve just bought 2nd market" lol

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Mon May 06, 2024 5:56 pm

Tootall411 wrote:I would say some redeemables I see going for $20-30 before redemption

Especially on Facebook they get down prettt low, thats when i like snagging some up also

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon May 06, 2024 6:14 pm

I would say any secondary market is gonna be cheaper than trying to get a specific one from pulls, unless you're super lucky.
Hi, I'm CY

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Mon May 06, 2024 6:30 pm

It really depends on the Pop. Some of them are substantially cheaper as an NFT card prior to the snap shot (look at April Fools series 2, MLP and Star Wars) and sometimes they reduce even more when it's just the token. I could have gotten Golb for about 30-40 as a card and now the physical is about 70-80. If you really want it, I would buy the card (don't waste on packs unless you like ripping packs or gambling lol). And like people said, sometimes FB is the way to go.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

trzadrake

Postby trzadrake » Mon May 06, 2024 8:47 pm

Exactly why I can't quit Droppp lol.

Cheaper to buy any legendary as an NFT on Droppp or Atomic Hub than to try and get in a pack. Some of the Grails are expensive enough that trying for it in packs makes sense.

On Droppp or on eBay, prices tend to drop a couple weeks after initial release.

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed May 08, 2024 12:58 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
jcrook wrote:

Its only fun when you actually hit redeemables others than that youll say to yourself " i shouldve just bought 2nd market" lol

Yeah, that is very true and like with gambling there is the thrill, but there is also reality.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm

It’s to much anxiety to buy and open packs. I would prefer to buy on eBay. But definitely run the chance of being priced out.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 pm

jcrook wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:
jcrook wrote:

Yeah, that is very true and like with gambling there is the thrill, but there is also reality.

Its kind of addictive at times wanting to rip but gotta be mindful of values and how much you spend lol

EchoX

Postby EchoX » Wed May 08, 2024 11:24 pm

I've seen some of the redeemable tokens going for $20-30 as people undercut one another on dropp. Not sure what the physical pop eventually went for on ebay though

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Wed May 08, 2024 11:26 pm

if you don't like gambling by ripping packs and wanna spend your money to a guaranteed pops, I say buy them on eBay or facebook
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Thu May 09, 2024 12:43 am

I see an Ed Big head funko for about $40 shipped so that’s not so bad since I would want that instead of buying packs so I think for some NFT pops it’s easier to buy online instead of packs.
I just never got how to do it but I think I’ll learn how to buy them
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.
I wish I knew how to add a gif/pic to my signature lol

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri May 10, 2024 11:29 am

Sometimes they can be after the initial drop and the hype dies down. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

stucho2090

Postby stucho2090 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:11 pm

You can always find some deals on any website. Mercari is another website where you can find some Funko deals, eBay is another. You just have to search around for what you are looking for. I even have found some deals on websites like Ozzy Collectables where shipping might be a lot but I have found stuff I can't find in US or for a lot cheaper that the cost of shipping made it worth it.

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat May 11, 2024 7:54 pm

EchoX wrote:I've seen some of the redeemable tokens going for $20-30 as people undercut one another on dropp. Not sure what the physical pop eventually went for on ebay though

The undercut is crazy when the tokens drop, thats when i like to buy some that i missed out lol

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:13 pm

UPDATE!!!!

I created a Droppp account and I am waiting the long 10 days for the USDC to clear coinbase ACH whatever so I can transfer USDC to Droppp.....

Next question - can I buy a token within Droppp for the royalty physical pop after "Redemption" or do you have to assemble all of the cards yourself prior to "Redemption?" Is it typically more expensive to buy up all of the various cards, or (if possible) to buy someone else's token?

You guys have been very helpful with your responses, BTW =D> =D> =D>
Instagram: @suplexrd

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue May 14, 2024 8:26 am

After spending way too much on packs and not getting Jack, buy the individual pop- and I guess some make it to buckeye or out of stock stores

RBlue30

Postby RBlue30 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:42 pm

stucho2090 wrote:You can always find some deals on any website. Mercari is another website where you can find some Funko deals, eBay is another. You just have to search around for what you are looking for. I even have found some deals on websites like Ozzy Collectables where shipping might be a lot but I have found stuff I can't find in US or for a lot cheaper that the cost of shipping made it worth it.

Never bought from Mercari before. Is it pretty trustworthy?

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:54 am

I would recommend Mercari instead since most things are cheaper on their :freddy2:
Funko pop collector since 2022
And just another person hoping to go to fundays lol
Wondercon: 2023

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Wed May 15, 2024 4:12 pm

I think its hit or miss. There are times after the initial drop and before snapshot where prices are pretty low. If you want something and dont want to gamble on packs, best would be to monitor pricing constantly.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”