Mondo Owners Club Show'N'Tell

Funko’s latest acquisition, Mondo is an American company known for releasing limited edition screen printed posters for films, television shows, and comics, as well as vinyl movie soundtracks, clothing and apparel, toys, and re-issues of VHS releases
Tusken

Re: Mondo Owners Club Show'N'Tell

Postby Tusken » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:14 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:Big Marvel and Star Wars fan here and I would say Mondo makes up a solid 50% of my print collection. I am in definite need of a flat file lol as my portfolio is full and a lot of prints aren't making it to the walls unfortunately ](*,) . I haven't done any custom framing as it's expensive and try reserve it for more limited art, I have been using the generic frames from Michaels.

These are awesome and what a collection. Thank you for the amazing share!! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:34 pm

mattytreks wrote:Mondo Fam, it's always inspiring to see what other people out there are collecting, and in particular, how they're framing.

I'll kick things off with my first framed Mondo print -- Mike Sutfin's Star Wars release celebrating May The 4th, 2021. This is the 'Blue Sky' variant. The screenprinting on this one is mind-blowing up close. It's really fun to get lost in all of the little details, which is why I hung it directly above the area I frequent most.

Have Mondo prints? Framed-up or flat-filed...let's see them!

Love your framed Star Wars print, did you get custom framing for it?
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:36 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:Big Marvel and Star Wars fan here and I would say Mondo makes up a solid 50% of my print collection. I am in definite need of a flat file lol as my portfolio is full and a lot of prints aren't making it to the walls unfortunately ](*,) . I haven't done any custom framing as it's expensive and try reserve it for more limited art, I have been using the generic frames from Michaels.

Your collection is awesome =D> =D> I have thought about getting a portfolio for all my prints still waiting to be framed, is that one from BottleNeck Gallery?

FDO LA 8

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:19 am

partner-in-crime wrote:

Your collection is awesome =D> =D> I have thought about getting a portfolio for all my prints still waiting to be framed, is that one from BottleNeck Gallery?

Yup that's the one. It definitely comes in handy to store the prints that won't make the wall regularly and allows me to keep collecting lol. One day I will have to update to a flatfile :eek:

https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/colle ... 6508268605
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:09 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

Yup that's the one. It definitely comes in handy to store the prints that won't make the wall regularly and allows me to keep collecting lol. One day I will have to update to a flatfile :eek:

Yes, I will probably go the same route, the portfolio first, then a flat file box.

FDO LA 8

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:30 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

Yes, I will probably go the same route, the portfolio first, then a flat file box.

I have seen some amazing flatfiles, that have been modified to be glass coffee tables and folks would flatten prints under the glass. I would love to have something like that one day!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 am

Revenant-wayfarer wrote:Image
Just got this mondo exclusive “They Live” dumpster fire. This is so awesome. I’d like to see more like this.

Great looking figure!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:13 pm

So many cool prints in this chain. I need to add some to my collection.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:11 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

I have seen some amazing flatfiles, that have been modified to be glass coffee tables and folks would flatten prints under the glass. I would love to have something like that one day!

Wow, that is smart, having it double as a piece of furniture. I would love to go that way.

FDO LA 8

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:07 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

Wow, that is smart, having it double as a piece of furniture. I would love to go that way.

Yeah I loved the multifunctional concept and assists with space constraints. Folks get so creative!

booboo79
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby booboo79 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:18 pm

This thread is gonna be my undoing considering my love of all things Mondo. Here’s just one of the many I have. IMO this is Ansin’s finest Mondo piece:

Hi, I'm Charlie!
Instagram: @CharlieRestreps

Image Image Image Image Image

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:10 pm

mattytreks wrote:Mondo Fam, it's always inspiring to see what other people out there are collecting, and in particular, how they're framing.

I'll kick things off with my first framed Mondo print -- Mike Sutfin's Star Wars release celebrating May The 4th, 2021. This is the 'Blue Sky' variant. The screenprinting on this one is mind-blowing up close. It's really fun to get lost in all of the little details, which is why I hung it directly above the area I frequent most.

That's a clean workstation.

haw1577

Postby haw1577 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 pm

Question, how are you uploading pictures to the post? Which service do you use?

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:02 pm

haw1577 wrote:Question, how are you uploading pictures to the post? Which service do you use?

I’m uploading on Imgur and then there’s a shareable link you can post in the text box.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:55 pm

booboo79 wrote:This thread is gonna be my undoing considering my love of all things Mondo. Here’s just one of the many I have. IMO this is Ansin’s finest Mondo piece:

I love Mondo also and will probably be a lot more active on this thread. That is an awesome print that you have, congrats on that.

FDO LA 8

frozenstate907

Postby frozenstate907 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:44 am

Amazing!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:47 am

booboo79 wrote:This thread is gonna be my undoing considering my love of all things Mondo. Here’s just one of the many I have. IMO this is Ansin’s finest Mondo piece:

I haven't seen this one yet, but wow this is a fantastic print =D> =D>

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:32 am

There are some really nice collections in here! Really wish Olly Moss had been able to make his Episode 7 poster. Guess he's really not doing posters anymore.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:00 pm

questkid32 wrote:There are some really nice collections in here! Really wish Olly Moss had been able to make his Episode 7 poster. Guess he's really not doing posters anymore.

I'd love to see Tyler Stout put out a few more posters, as well. Loved his style.

questkid32

Postby questkid32 » Fri May 05, 2023 2:00 pm

mattytreks wrote:
questkid32 wrote:There are some really nice collections in here! Really wish Olly Moss had been able to make his Episode 7 poster. Guess he's really not doing posters anymore.

I'd love to see Tyler Stout put out a few more posters, as well. Loved his style.

Completely agree. He's slowly been putting some stuff out on his own and I know he said that he's got another one coming soon - think it's MAD MAX FURY ROAD, if I remember the hints correctly? But yeah, he doesn't do enough. We really need a Batman '89 out of him.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri May 05, 2023 2:48 pm

questkid32 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

Completely agree. He's slowly been putting some stuff out on his own and I know he said that he's got another one coming soon - think it's MAD MAX FURY ROAD, if I remember the hints correctly? But yeah, he doesn't do enough. We really need a Batman '89 out of him.

A Stout Batman '89 -- or any other Batman for that matter -- would be amazing!

baghramdunks

Postby baghramdunks » Wed May 10, 2023 4:35 pm

Awesome collection!

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Wed May 10, 2023 9:57 pm

baghramdunks wrote:

Awesome collection!

Agree awesome collection looks amazing

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:47 am

Mondo at SDCC this year has my attention.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

terror03

Postby terror03 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:32 pm

Picked this up at Megacon a few months ago

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:03 am

Thanks for sharing. I have the same print but in a flat file and seeing yours framed is giving me more motivation to do the same.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:40 am

Thanks for sharing amazing collection, love the bruce lee poster
:freddy3:

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:52 pm

He's been working as a video game artist as of late. Would love to see him back in get back in the amp scene as well.

Return to “Mondo”