Mondo Posters - Done or Not

Funko’s latest acquisition, Mondo is an American company known for releasing limited edition screen printed posters for films, television shows, and comics, as well as vinyl movie soundtracks, clothing and apparel, toys, and re-issues of VHS releases
BearyAllen

Re: Mondo Posters - Done or Not

Postby BearyAllen » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:54 pm

That Spideman Print/Poster is fire! The many feels of Dr.Doom looks pretty good too, looking forward to battling it out at the booth!

Brettfes

Postby Brettfes » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:05 pm

and there we go, loads more mondo announcements...

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:12 pm

Some great posters! I always like the Peanuts ones and those comic covers are nice!

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:09 pm

Hoping for more announcements!

PokemonMastaASH

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:04 am

which better

littlegoldie

Postby littlegoldie » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:37 am

PokemonMastaASH wrote:
which better

Whichever is cheaper! lol

Brettfes

Postby Brettfes » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:56 am

the barry windsor smith weapon x are close to my heart

PokemonMastaASH

Postby PokemonMastaASH » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:16 pm

what do you think about those SDCC poster drops? I think people are over Mondo's posters. Even I was a bit meh about the whole thing. No big screen comic book prints. No real movie prints at all in fact. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:40 pm

PokemonMastaASH wrote:what do you think about those SDCC poster drops? I think people are over Mondo's posters. Even I was a bit meh about the whole thing. No big screen comic book prints. No real movie prints at all in fact. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I was able to grab spiderman 2099 and Magneto Jim Lee poster. Love the way they look since I loved the comic covers. Walked pass Mondo on Sunday and looked like majority of their posters were sold out. So, not sure if people are over Mondo's posters. I would like to see smaller size posters since my wall can only hang so many 24x36 sizes.

Brettfes

Postby Brettfes » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:30 am

mondo is in a major state of flux. its going to be searching for new talent for a while... not sure it will shine like it used to and if that doesnt happen, not sure how long they will exist... unless they start peddling licenced imagery like the comic covers and such instead of new images to hot topic or walmart... and then really, who will care about them anyway... imho...

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:56 am

The spiderman poster was amazing IMO
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:30 pm

I got the Peanuts and the Wolverine one. I only went into Mondo for the Peanuts, but that Wolverine looked so good hanging up

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:17 pm

Brettfes wrote:mondo is in a major state of flux. its going to be searching for new talent for a while... not sure it will shine like it used to and if that doesnt happen, not sure how long they will exist... unless they start peddling licenced imagery like the comic covers and such instead of new images to hot topic or walmart... and then really, who will care about them anyway... imho...

I'm okay with the cover arts. Any 90's comic cover with Jim Lee is a instant buy for me. Of course if they go this route I will have to be picky as I don't have much wall space. I would like it if they were a smaller scale. After 3-4 pieces of 24x36 there isn't much room left.

Gillman

Postby Gillman » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:51 pm

The peanuts was one of my favorites of the entire con and was happy to be able to get it.

A lot of “mondo artists” have gone off on their own but hopefully we will see them come back once in a while with an awesome SDCC release!

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:39 am

I didn't get into the Funko booth this year, but I did get into Mondo a couple of times. I know there's so much change going on and I'm still really sad about what happened, but I did like several of the prints and vinyls that were a part of the con releases this SDCC. I picked up the Spider-Man 2099, Magneto, the two Weapon X, and the Peanuts print. The peanuts print is hilarious. I think the next year and the next SDCC will really be more of an indicator of where Mondo is going and what Funko is going to be able to do with it. Although I don't collect them, their 1/6 scale figures seem to be pretty popular.

Daisygal

Postby Daisygal » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:01 am

The last print I got from the was Sam from Trick R Treat. I hope more horror gets made, but it’s mostly just a handful of IPs that get done over and over and over and…

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:10 pm

Gillman wrote:The peanuts was one of my favorites of the entire con and was happy to be able to get it.

A lot of “mondo artists” have gone off on their own but hopefully we will see them come back once in a while with an awesome SDCC release!

Me too! How many times have I waited in line and thought I should just go home LMAO!!!! Now I just got buy a frame and figure out the size

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:21 am

ryanc_ wrote:I didn't get into the Funko booth this year, but I did get into Mondo a couple of times. I know there's so much change going on and I'm still really sad about what happened, but I did like several of the prints and vinyls that were a part of the con releases this SDCC. I picked up the Spider-Man 2099, Magneto, the two Weapon X, and the Peanuts print. The peanuts print is hilarious. I think the next year and the next SDCC will really be more of an indicator of where Mondo is going and what Funko is going to be able to do with it. Although I don't collect them, their 1/6 scale figures seem to be pretty popular.

I agree, and there were some cool mondo items at sdcc this year.

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:36 am

Gillman wrote:The peanuts was one of my favorites of the entire con and was happy to be able to get it.

Almost all of the artist that have gone off on their own, have actively stated they will never work with the company again due to the staffing changes.
ImageImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:52 am

stl_ben wrote:

Almost all of the artist that have gone off on their own, have actively stated they will never work with the company again due to the staffing changes.

There were a couple of them or more who were vendors on the show floor this past SDCC. Hopefully you already follow them on social media to see what they're up to now and if they'll be at any upcoming shows or have any new releases in the future.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:53 am

stl_ben wrote:

That is true but they also did add some more.

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:34 pm

kdmlvr wrote:
stl_ben wrote:

Yeah just dont ever expect to see Olly Moss, Jason Edmiston, Mike Mitchell, Daniel Danger or any of the artist that made Mondo what it is.
ImageImageImage

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:21 pm

PokemonMastaASH wrote:Image

which better

I like the one on the bottom. Brighter red. Just brings out everything else.

I hope to get more awesome Mondo Posters! I have a bunch of them from previous cons. Just need more wall space.
Cheers Funko Fam!

Gillman

Postby Gillman » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:16 pm

stl_ben wrote:
kdmlvr wrote:
stl_ben wrote:Almost all of the artist that have gone off on their own, have actively stated they will never work with the company again due to the staffing changes.

Yeah just dont ever expect to see Olly Moss, Jason Edmiston, Mike Mitchell, Daniel Danger or any of the artist that made Mondo what it is.

Tyler Stout and Laurent seem to be doing their own thing as well lately, it's what it is I guess. Movie posters are my favorite form of art so hopefully it keeps on going in some way or another.

Current day Mondo will hopefully use it's licensing abilities to get some big actors and IP's that couldn't have been done before. The "Alamo Drafthouse" days seem far behind at this point though.

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:25 am

Gillman wrote:Current day Mondo will hopefully use it's licensing abilities to get some big actors and IP's that couldn't have been done before. The "Alamo Drafthouse" days seem far behind at this point though.

I was so excited for new licensing with the take over....then we finally got prints for Fight Club and The Matrix.....and OOOOOOFFFF.
Not to mention still no James Bond prints......
ImageImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:13 am

Gillman wrote:
stl_ben wrote:
kdmlvr wrote:

Tyler Stout and Laurent seem to be doing their own thing as well lately, it's what it is I guess. Movie posters are my favorite form of art so hopefully it keeps on going in some way or another.

Current day Mondo will hopefully use it's licensing abilities to get some big actors and IP's that couldn't have been done before. The "Alamo Drafthouse" days seem far behind at this point though.

I think there focus is more on vinyl records

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:15 pm

kdmlvr wrote:I think there focus is more on vinyl records

Those are about to come to a hault to as the team in charge of their soundtracks has all quit now.
ImageImageImage

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Did anyone get the Mondo of Rocky Horror Picture show that was just Frank N Furter? That was a great one

Brettfes

Postby Brettfes » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:18 pm

as nycc nears i hope to see and hear more about plans for mondo, but frankly expectations are low...

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:04 pm

I really miss the days of trying for fun mondo poster drops online. I usually struck out, but I could always buy on the secondary market. Just think of all the cool posters that could have existed this year with Barbie, Super Mario Bros., D&D, Oppenheimer, GotG 3, John Wick 4, Indiana friggin Jones, TMNT, Transformers.

Dang. Just typing those out makes me really sad. Because the theatrical release posters for most of those movies are so basic...

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:09 am

Anyone excited for this? https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/barbie ... -sale-info

It feels too disconnected from the movie for me to be interested in. But it is a sign of poster work that Mondo is pursuing - just not at the level or way collectors are use too.

Brettfes

Postby Brettfes » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:16 am

prepping the computer for a mondo drop used to be epic. legendary failures.

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:22 pm

Anyone here following the Mutant launch? I'm wondering if it lights a fire under the Mondo division to get the poster division firing again....Competition is a good thing. But Mondo has virtually abandoned posters anyway - so maybe it's not a fight.

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:38 pm

billyconard wrote:Anyone here following the Mutant launch? I'm wondering if it lights a fire under the Mondo division to get the poster division firing again....Competition is a good thing. But Mondo has virtually abandoned posters anyway - so maybe it's not a fight.

i'm excited for their releases and really happy for them

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:12 am

billyconard wrote:Anyone here following the Mutant launch? I'm wondering if it lights a fire under the Mondo division to get the poster division firing again....Competition is a good thing. But Mondo has virtually abandoned posters anyway - so maybe it's not a fight.

I'm all in for the Mutant launch - hopefully they can get some good stuff going in the poster game again since Funko cut down Mondo
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

lilbologna

Postby lilbologna » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:45 pm

The mutant thing seems really cool to me. I was following mondo mainly for posters in the first place so i'm curious aobut what their first couple of launches are going to look like
:freddy1:
ImageImageImage

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:08 pm

lilbologna wrote:The mutant thing seems really cool to me. I was following mondo mainly for posters in the first place so i'm curious aobut what their first couple of launches are going to look like

I’ve had Mutant pop up on my FB feed, very excited to see what they will be offering and if we will see them with a booth at possibly SDCC.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:20 pm

Looking forward to seeing what this new Mutant brand is going to be like.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:26 pm

lilbologna wrote:The mutant thing seems really cool to me. I was following mondo mainly for posters in the first place so i'm curious aobut what their first couple of launches are going to look like

Cool to see the company is still moving forward. The vinyl covers were so awesome especially :compress:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:22 am

Posters have been decent (not excellent) but still high enough quality to enjoy. I've picked up quite a few myself.

Return to “Mondo”