Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Ratattack

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Ratattack » Tue May 18, 2021 5:42 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
I thought I was doing well with not going nuts on sodas, but I just added up all my preorders, and I have 26 on order right now. I mean, it could be worse, right? Gonna have to buy more display shelves though, that's for sure! \:D/

I’m eyeing a new DETOLF shelf for them. I’m currently planing to reset a display section in the living room.

Wish you the best on scoring some chases. \:D/

That is exactly what I want in terms of shelving for my sodas! So of course it's out of stock anywhere even remotely near me. Thanks for the idea though! And the luck for scoring some upcoming chases! Same to you!

I haven’t ordered any SODAs recently. I have some many dupes. But will venture to Funko Hollywood one of these days for the Faun and Pale Man. I will certainly need the good luck then! Thank you!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue May 18, 2021 5:43 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:Let's be honest, we're in no matter what version and chase they give us of Thor! :cheers:

Glow Thor please!

Flocked glow Thor? lol

Flocked, glow, metallic shirtless Thor? Ok! \:D/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 6:48 pm

emoagogo wrote:So excited for this freddy, hopefully we get even more announcements for funkoween and from the funtv

they really haven't done much of anything for Horror soda, so this would be the perfect time to announce some.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:49 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
emoagogo wrote:So excited for this freddy, hopefully we get even more announcements for funkoween and from the funtv

they really haven't done much of anything for Horror soda, so this would be the perfect time to announce some.

Jack Torrence, Leatherface, Chucky and 2 Pennywise. Missing Freddy Krueger and Jason and you've got the main ones. I could also see them doing a Carrie with bloody chase. I think the horror genre and the more "cute" sodas don't mix as well as other licenses.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue May 18, 2021 11:08 pm

Dsho333 wrote:I think the horror genre and the more "cute" sodas don't mix as well as other licenses.

i disagree, i mean at their core pops are pretty cute to begin with and the Horror mystery minis are some of the most popular (well at least according to people i talk to at least)

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue May 18, 2021 11:15 pm

We are due for a new FunTV episode. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:31 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I wonder what's going on with the Cap & Thanos luchadores. I see that they're available on PC, but not available in the US. :-k :-k :-k

Yeah ... my pre-order from Box Lunch during hot cash was from January 14th! LOL. lol lol lol lol
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 pm

Imagery wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yes, Indiana Jones would be amazing! It's been a while since I've been able to add a new figure to that set

I asked Brian at a con a long time ago about new characters for Indiana Jones. He said they were working on it at the time, but I wonder if what they were working on was the other versions of Indy himself. I'd love to see other characters. [-o< [-o< [-o<
:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

I'm a big fan of Harrison Ford so I'm not about to complain if we get more Indy molds, but I wouldn't be opposed to some of the other characters either - Short Round and Henry Jones Sr. would top my list

I'm right there with you. Anything from Indy and I'm in! [-o< [-o< [-o<
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:34 pm

Imagery wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yes, Indiana Jones would be amazing! It's been a while since I've been able to add a new figure to that set

Indy would be a cool soda. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

I'd just hope the chase would be a different mold vs maybe a gold version to mimic the idol lol

I'm always a fan of different molds for chases. For Indy, maybe him holding his whip vs an idol? :-k
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I wonder what's going on with the Cap & Thanos luchadores. I see that they're available on PC, but not available in the US. :-k :-k :-k

Yeah ... my pre-order from Box Lunch during hot cash was from January 14th! LOL. lol lol lol lol

Didn't even know BL even had them available. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:I love that Soda sneak peek! Says releasing in Fall.
I am super happy about higher piece counts. If this was LE 2k like NYCC Freddy, we could all kiss our chances at it goodbye. Because speculators would want to "corner the market" as they say and buy as many cans as possible.
But besides that, AMAZING designs. You can tell right away its a chase because its completely different!

Yep ... so excited it's gonna be 10k ... :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:39 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Katers wrote:
I am super happy about higher piece counts. If this was LE 2k like NYCC Freddy, we could all kiss our chances at it goodbye. Because speculators would want to "corner the market" as they say and buy as many cans as possible.
But besides that, AMAZING designs. You can tell right away its a chase because its completely different!

OMG, right? Second thing I did, after I oooh'd and aaah'd over how amazing this design is, was look at the LE count, and sigh in relief that it's as high as it is. Absolutely love both designs, but will be thrilled with the common of this round, so I'll be happy no matter what as long as I get at least one!

They could really have been 2 completely separate Freddy’s. Having a glow variant of one and a metallic version of the other would have been more “chasey...chase-like?” to me. Either way though, they’re frickin’ awesome.

I would not be against having a Freddy release where there isn't a chase. Like this one being 2 different cans.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue May 18, 2021 11:40 pm

I wonder if stores will have their own soda exclusives :-k :-k :-k

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:42 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Didn't even know BL even had them available. :shock: :shock: :shock:

They popped up during Hot Cash for just a blip of time. No photos and the description was
"STREET DATED 1/19 Funko SODA Marvel Lucha Libre Edition El Leyenda Americana Vinyl Figure"

I thought they'd be cancelling.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:45 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I wonder if stores will have their own soda exclusives :-k :-k :-k

My guess is Yes. Now that Soda continues to gain steam, I think vendors will start asking for exclusives. I think that Winnie the Pooh pop that was a Box Lunch exclusive would be a perfect soda for Beehive!
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue May 18, 2021 11:54 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I wonder if stores will have their own soda exclusives :-k :-k :-k

My guess is Yes. Now that Soda continues to gain steam, I think vendors will start asking for exclusives. I think that Winnie the Pooh pop that was a Box Lunch exclusive would be a perfect soda for Beehive!

I hope Walmart doesn't get one [-o< [-o< [-o<

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 18, 2021 11:56 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I hope Walmart doesn't get one [-o< [-o< [-o<

If they did, most likely it would just be sold online by Funko on the shop ... lol. ](*,) ](*,)
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 19, 2021 12:33 am

Given some time, I can see that happening. Although it would need to be a soda that they didn't have a limited count on so that it could be restock for the store.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 19, 2021 1:47 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Katers wrote:

OMG, right? Second thing I did, after I oooh'd and aaah'd over how amazing this design is, was look at the LE count, and sigh in relief that it's as high as it is. Absolutely love both designs, but will be thrilled with the common of this round, so I'll be happy no matter what as long as I get at least one!

They could really have been 2 completely separate Freddy’s. Having a glow variant of one and a metallic version of the other would have been more “chasey...chase-like?” to me. Either way though, they’re frickin’ awesome.

Well, hopefully this is just the first announcement, and we'll get more fabulous Funkoween Freddys coming out way! And since Funkoween is an annual thing, there's always the possibility of things happening next year even if they don't happen this year! Agreed though - I would LOVE a GITD variant here. Gonna be a great Funkoween!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 19, 2021 1:52 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I’m eyeing a new DETOLF shelf for them. I’m currently planing to reset a display section in the living room.

Wish you the best on scoring some chases. \:D/

That is exactly what I want in terms of shelving for my sodas! So of course it's out of stock anywhere even remotely near me. Thanks for the idea though! And the luck for scoring some upcoming chases! Same to you!

I haven’t ordered any SODAs recently. I have some many dupes. But will venture to Funko Hollywood one of these days for the Faun and Pale Man. I will certainly need the good luck then! Thank you!

The timing is not working out well for me right now, but I am so needing to go to Hollywood to buy Iron Man sodas! I haven't even received my first shipment of them yet, and I am having such serious FOMO! It's not helping that my first shipment has technically shipped, but is sitting at the facility. And of course, it's legit close enough that I could've just driven out to pick it up, but I have to wait patiently for USPS to come through for me!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 19, 2021 1:53 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Glow Thor please!

Flocked glow Thor? lol

Yes, any and all! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 19, 2021 1:54 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
Katers wrote:

I would not be against having a Freddy release where there isn't a chase. Like this one being 2 different cans.

That would be so much less pressure! Just hope it keeps at 10k to really take the pressure off of us!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 19, 2021 1:57 am

digithor wrote:

Given some time, I can see that happening. Although it would need to be a soda that they didn't have a limited count on so that it could be restock for the store.

Also, can we vote on who is allowed to have these sodas? Nothing more frustrating that a shop that hasn't invested in a good webpage, and we all get shut out! I never expect to get everything that goes up for sale, but I at least expect my attempt to have a fair shot!
Image ImageImage Image

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed May 19, 2021 5:51 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

The timing is not working out well for me right now, but I am so needing to go to Hollywood to buy Iron Man sodas! I haven't even received my first shipment of them yet, and I am having such serious FOMO! It's not helping that my first shipment has technically shipped, but is sitting at the facility. And of course, it's legit close enough that I could've just driven out to pick it up, but I have to wait patiently for USPS to come through for me!

I sorta gave up ordering online. I strike out on the chase quite often. I’ve made about 4 order of 5 and struck out. I have so many soda dupes ](*,)

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed May 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flocked glow Thor? lol

Yes, any and all! :cheers:

This is my kind of energy! lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed May 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Also, can we vote on who is allowed to have these sodas? Nothing more frustrating that a shop that hasn't invested in a good webpage, and we all get shut out! I never expect to get everything that goes up for sale, but I at least expect my attempt to have a fair shot!

Oh! You bring up a good point. Also, I never really thought about it, but I can see soda exclusives going to other retailers. :-k

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yeah, now a days it's just so easy for these companies to have a decent webpage with eCommerce. I guess in a way we all have the same fair shot of not getting it when the company has such a bad webpage to release a product on. lol
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu May 20, 2021 12:14 am

Some good releases today on the shop. Took the L on all them, but I already have them preorder, so I guess I didn't really fail. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu May 20, 2021 3:34 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Some good releases today on the shop. Took the L on all them, but I already have them preorder, so I guess I didn't really fail. ;-) ;-) ;-)

What did they have up?

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:23 am

bizzydesigner wrote:I'm so behind on posting my sodas!! Ack. I can't get enough of these guys lol Part of me is always upset that I can't find any in stores, and the other part is glad I don't find them in stores because I'd just buy more lol

I am with you. These sodas are so awesome and perfect. I might even consider trimming pops to switch over sodas as time moves on. I guess we will have to see.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:25 am

This soda is awesome. It is a must have soda to add to my Freddy collection for sure.
Collecting since 2014

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 am

Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Some good releases today on the shop. Took the L on all them, but I already have them preorder, so I guess I didn't really fail. ;-) ;-) ;-)

What did they have up?

Scarlet Witch, Mojo and Professor Owl

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu May 20, 2021 3:27 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

What did they have up?

Captain Cold came up today. I didn't get to the site for 10 minutes ... sold out!
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu May 20, 2021 3:40 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
What did they have up?

Captain Cold came up today. I didn't get to the site for 10 minutes ... sold out!

SAME HERE :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: This was the one I really wanted in this wave.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Thu May 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Holy sodapallooza this week on the funko shop. Thankfully the only one I was really wanting from this wave, Devo, I was able to grab 6. I'm focusing now on how to get a Rosie chase in to my possession lol
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri May 21, 2021 12:17 am

renardchua wrote:From Brian’s Twitter account:

My favorite reveal this year for Soda!! Gonna have to cross my fingers in obtaining several on launch to obtain that set [-o<

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 21, 2021 1:51 am

Looking forward to seeing some more holiday theme sodas come out this year, besides halloween of course.
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 am

Mr Yac wrote:

What did they have up?

I was disappointed that I missed professor owl again.
Collecting since 2014

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Fri May 21, 2021 10:09 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
What did they have up?

I was disappointed that I missed professor owl again.

Badger collectibles still has him available. It's a little more expensive but it's available to order at least
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Fri May 21, 2021 10:35 am

daOCHO wrote:
renardchua wrote:From Brian’s Twitter account:

My favorite reveal this year for Soda!! Gonna have to cross my fingers in obtaining several on launch to obtain that set [-o<

This one is incredibly cool. I'd like to own both, but I'd be totally fine with the common.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Return to “Soda”