MLP Vinyl Discussion (Funko please bring back the Vinyls!)

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Re: MLP Vinyl Discussion (Waiting for Wave 12 Protos)

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Wanted to reach out one more time before I take another route. I have a Scootaloo and Shining Armor clear, glitter figures if anyone on the forum still needs one and would like to trade. Feel free to PM me if you are interested. If I don't hear from anyone in a couple days I'm going to assume no one needs them, which is a good sign because I have found out firsthand how difficult they are to find in the wild. Thanks.

********* The ponies have been claimed ***************
Last edited by clashcityrocker33 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

Barbecue17

Postby Barbecue17 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks everyone! I've had a few of you reach out about helping to swap my glitter Celestia for the basic one and I've managed to work on a trade with someone.

I got my Cutie Mark Crusaders today and I'm happy to report that all three of my CMCs were the basic, non-glittery ones. That means more glittery ones out there for those of you who want them, right? My little daughter and I had fun playing with them tonight. We had the CMCs and some of the new Star Wars Mashers hanging out in the little people musical school house! Bossk and Scootaloo make a great team!

LilPnay

Postby LilPnay » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Barbecue17 wrote:My little daughter and I had fun playing with them tonight. We had the CMCs and some of the new Star Wars Mashers hanging out in the little people musical school house! Bossk and Scootaloo make a great team!

awww, that sounds cute :) Star Wars and MLP is a good combo :)
Melissa
"Collect things you love, that are authentic to you, and your house becomes your story" - Erin Flett

:freddy1:

**ISO**:
— Mickey Go Philippines —
— Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir —
— Sailor Mars specialty series Sailor Mars mystery mini —

— B-Rabbit Pop —
— Merlion fountain Pop —
— Freddy Jolliebee Pop —

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:04 pm

renirawr wrote:Something tells me that Cheese Sandwich and Maud will be next. :)

I really hope its not... I want Queen Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon first! (I do not want these two coming out during Christmas nightmare again.... that SUCKED when Luna and Celestia came out last year, too crazy for me and all the delays :'() Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon would be better to come out on Halloween anyways well because of Nightmare Night! It's perfect!!! Maud and Cheese can come out during Christmas because I do not care about them near as much.

Anyone have any idea release dates of series 3, wave 12, or 13?
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:52 pm

I thought we established that it was the port strikes that had a lot to do with the delay in shipments, though? I dunno, I'd imagine that after that fiasco, we won't be dealing with anymore street date push backs again. I mean... the last two waves worked out really well. I don't think the holiday had anything to do with it either, especially since they were supposed to come out at the beginning of November.

Or I don't know what I'm talking about.

Whatever, I just want more Funko figures. The distribution for Hasbro toys is too wonky and I haven't really gotten any new ponies in a while. I always see the same stuff on the shelves at Walmart, TRU and Target (except the Power Ponies, but I have all of that). :(
I'm Renia and I'm addicted to all things My Little Pony!

@RainbowrificRenia on Instagram

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Renia

Yes, my impression is what yours is. That the majority of the delay was due to the port strike and the subsequent other related strikes. It was a perfect storm of frustration. Then there are the broken wings, tails etc. I know it was mainly Luna but I could see it also happening with celestia as well.

The timing of the releases has changed so who knows when we will see the next set of vinyl ponies hit stores and then who knows when the wave after that will come. I'm hoping we see something soon.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 pm

I got Sweetie Belle today!
Robbie / 22 / under ur bed

LTB: Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie vinyl / Harry Potter POPs

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Hopefully now that the new minis are out- the new Vinyl sized versions of the same won't be too far behind!

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Got glitter Apple Bloom today! Now I can relax and stop obsessively checking eBay until the next wave comes out. lol

funkystark
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby funkystark » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Wave 12.. holy crap! Sorry I just stopped by because the title of the thread caught my eye. Carry on, nothing to see here :)

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:36 pm

No news yet :c

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Congrats Jessie and Renia!

Birdeh

Postby Birdeh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:24 am

Thanks! It feels good to finally be caught back up with the rest of y'all! Now the only question is, where to put them next lol? I'm running out of room on my one dedicated pony shelf..

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:19 pm

So does Hot Topic still have exclusivity on Celestia, Luna, and the CMCs? (I have to assume the CMCs at least) the exclusivity thing is starting to become annoying since Hot Topic's prices are always so ridiculously high and their customer service stinks.

But I guess it means more ponies = more cash for funko = more characters, so I should't complain too much...

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:25 pm

wenhol8710 on Instagram

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 pm

My queeeeennnn! I can't wait to add her full size vinyl to the collection. I bet her glitter varaint will be gorgeous.

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Best Funko, looking better than the minis, my goodness that is one awesome proto where are the colored ones and the other characters? Who bought her?
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:50 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Who bought her?

Definitely not me. lol
wenhol8710 on Instagram

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Finally !!!!!!

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:12 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Best Funko, looking better than the minis, my goodness that is one awesome proto where are the colored ones and the other characters? Who bought her?

Maybe they were presold to someone. I know he does that sometimes...

OR maybe Funko is saving them for Funko Fun Days !!!!! and such.

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Galacticat wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Best Funko, looking better than the minis, my goodness that is one awesome proto where are the colored ones and the other characters? Who bought her?

Maybe they were presold to someone. I know he does that sometimes...

OR maybe Funko is saving them for Funko Fun Days !!!!! and such.

Weird... he told me he doesn't do holds back in like november/decemeber last year?

Also I have a STRONG feeling these will be released around Halloween, because well look at her and Nightmare Moon, I mean Nightmare Moon is the pony that symbolizes Nightmare Night(Halloween) in My Little Pony FIM. SOOO AWESOME, and I'm so happy we are getting her before Christmas, I don't mind Maud and Cheese for Christmas because I don't care about those selling out on the holidays.

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Re: MLP Vinyl Discussion (Wave 12 Proto found!)

Postby Kitzka » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:13 pm

It could be that he didn't it get a colored proto. I don't think he ever listed any of the protos for the CMC. They popped up at fundays but I don't recall anyone grabbing any from Gemini.

And like Galacticat said maybe they are being reserved for something hunt else. Most people know I am a sucker for the white protos. Not just the ponies. Any of the funko products. This is a great sculpt. I saw there was also a pop proto up for ricochet rabbit and I was loving that too.

Lara

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Steve never got any of the CMC protos.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

Me_and_my_figures

Postby Me_and_my_figures » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Ok so I'm brand new to the whole glitter pony thing and I do own 2 (daring do and sweetie bell) I was wondering what is the best way to find glitters out in the wild. The 2 I have were just completely random looking threw HotTopic.
Instagram: me.and.my.figures

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Hot Topic (and good luck there), here on the board there is a thread for help with glitters or ebay.

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:10 pm

And once the Pony pre-release is done the ponies show up at other stores. Occasionally the glitters too. I know some other funatics have been fortunate to find some at BN or other retailers.

I still need a few of the cmc glitters and am hoping to find them through other retailers once they are more widely available.

Lara

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah once Spitfire hit all retailers the price of the glitter went from hundreds to $50 or less, just like all the rest.

Now Chrysalis- that is going to be a highly sought glitter !!! But no more huge boxes of ponies for me on the off chance of a glitter. I calculated how much I'd pay for a glitter and both that much worth of ponies for a while- figuring i'd sell off the extra. Only I am too lazy to sell $8 ponies.

So now I have way too many. Sheesh.
Last edited by Galacticat on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 pm

I've found glitter ponies at Barnes & Noble and Walmart, multiple times in fact. So those are two places to look!

You can also call up your local Hot Topic and see if they do holds. I know people here have said that theirs won't do it, but a few of the ones around me have had no issues looking for and holding glitters for me if they have them. I'd also suggest checking out your local HT's Facebook page or Instagram if they have one, since a lot of them post those sorts of things on there.

Man, my money is all tied up until after my wedding on the 17th. If Chrysalis happens to go up for pre-order at all in the next few weeks, I may convince someone that she'd make a lovely wedding gift. ;)

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Galacticat Princess Luna has never dropped that low, but I think thats because of two things one from popularity and two from the fact these haven't got a second release. Seems like her going rate right now is $100-$200 one just sold for $195!

Chrysalis has been my most wanted pony ever since Princess Luna came out almost a year ago, so her glitter is an absolute must for me, I know shes going to look super stunning, what if we got a Chrysalis Princess Cadance colored variant because you know.. I would like that as a HT exclusive :P

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:34 pm

AquaticNeon wrote:Galacticat Princess Luna has never dropped that low, but I think thats because of two things one from popularity and two from the fact these haven't got a second release. Seems like her going rate right now is $100-$200 one just sold for $195!

She didn't drop to the < $50 mark, but she came very close. A seller had several glitter Luna's up for $69 + free shipping a few months ago, and that's the only reason I was able to get her.

The problem is mostly that people keep paying $100+ for her, along with other factors, of course.

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:39 pm

Late to the party here. This is going to be a killer design.

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:43 pm

renirawr wrote:
AquaticNeon wrote:Galacticat Princess Luna has never dropped that low, but I think thats because of two things one from popularity and two from the fact these haven't got a second release. Seems like her going rate right now is $100-$200 one just sold for $195!

She didn't drop to the < $50 mark, but she came very close. A seller had several glitter Luna's up for $69 + free shipping a few months ago, and that's the only reason I was able to get her.

The problem is mostly that people keep paying $100+ for her, along with other factors, of course.

But those were buy it now right, I remember seeing that. They probably didn't know her worth you got a steal for the time you got her you know! I'm glad you got her now we need to get Chrysalis and Nightmare glitters gosh they are going to be so cool I know it!

frankusho wrote:Late to the party here. This is going to be a killer design.

Right?! That's what I was thinking so fitting for Hot Topic too. I feel our influence had something to do with her getting a release I really do. I sent in ideas of her (like months and months ago) and boom there she is!! I'm now pushing for King Sombra, Soarin, and a Changeling.

TulaBug

Postby TulaBug » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:22 pm

renirawr wrote:
Man, my money is all tied up until after my wedding on the 17th. If Chrysalis happens to go up for pre-order at all in the next few weeks, I may convince someone that she'd make a lovely wedding gift. ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Post pics for us to see. I say that all the time because I love to see pictures!!
Stacey

SPIRIT AWARD 2013

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 pm

TulaBug wrote:
renirawr wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Post pics for us to see. I say that all the time because I love to see pictures!!

I wanna come and bring sparkly cheeseleg objects as gifts ;)

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:23 am

Congrats renirawr!!! I bet you could ask for Sparkle Chrysalis as a wedding present! :D

Hm- I got her for $50 with free shipping in April- so I think you have to keep an eye out.

There is actually a glitter Spitfire up RIGHT NOW for $40 BIN OBO (+ shipping) if someone still needs her:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spitfire-My-Lit ... 2a57bcdc9a - she has been up for 2 days with seemingly no offers...

People who are paying more than about $60 are either operating on out of date info or impatient.

I have a feeling the same will be true for Chrysalis- she will start out super high and then the market will dry up forcing sellers to sell for more reasonable prices..

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:42 am

Oh don't get me wrong I totally know ponies can go for a whole lot less, but the average for Luna right now seems to be about $150, if someone lists for $40 $50 $70 buy it now of course it will sell for that, but that doesn't mean her price has dropped, it just means the person didn't know how much she went for, or didn't mind selling it lower. I think her price will drop after we get a second release, its taking quite awhile I mean waves 10 and 11 are already coming available for other stores/ websites and no Luna or Celestia to be found. (Which is weird because they were probably the most successful pony release easily)

renirawr

Postby renirawr » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:02 pm

I actually see it as this: The people who put glitter Luna up as a BIN of less than $100 know what they're doing. I highly doubt they aren't doing their research before listing them. I bet the number of people paying $100+ for her are very, very small (by that I mean that for any given auction you may have the same handful of people bidding on her). Plus, you run the risk of the winner not actually paying for the item once it gets that high. Do a lower BIN and people will pay for the item, plus if you have multiples of an item, it'll be easier to sell low in order to get rid of them all. That person who had (I think) 7 glitter Luna's when I got mine probably wouldn't have sold them all if they had listed them at a higher price.

Also, in all fairness, none of these are worth more than their retail price. ;-) The sellers are going to get a profit either way.

I'm also not discounting your theory of her going for so much because of popularity and how hard it is to find even her regular variant. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it as well. I just saw that a regular Luna went for $88? Craaaazy.

Oh, and sparkly cheeselegs items of any variety are welcome as gifts for the wedding. :roflmao:

TulaBug wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Post pics for us to see. I say that all the time because I love to see pictures!!

Will do!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Here you go, straight from Gemini : Nighmare Moon and Chrysalis color 5" vinyl protos !

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:17 pm

AMAZING Carol. They are beautiful!!
Dorian Arloe

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Can you please take a picture of Chysails with Discord or Celestia for size comparison ?
Dorian Arloe

Return to “Vinyl”