SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
AleX-Men

Re: SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Postby AleX-Men » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:57 am

andythompsonnufc wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
willy wonka wrote:I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

This quote is what inspired me to start collecting.

In the end, he was right. It took me just over 4 years to complete the whole line. And I had a blast doing it! This has been the most fun I had collecting — and believe me, I almost stopped searching for some of these pieces a few times.

Thank you to theJosh2010 for keeping me inspired and helping me get some of the harder to find pieces. I don’t think I would have completed it without your help.

Thank you To FFJim for selling me your collection and helping me acquire some of the hardest to find pieces. It will be kept in good hands here.

And finally, thanks to Galactross, ClashcityRocker, MyLittleFunkos and all the other Spastik collectors for posting pictures of your collections. I think this made it even more fun to watch others' journeys to completing their collections. And Abe, it was fun collecting this line alongside you. I always loved our friendly race to see who would finish theirs first.

Now I need to finish up my MvsR set. I just need the 4 pack and that line will be complete as well.

Here is a pic of my collection

Insane! I didn’t even know the metallic 8badhabits and metallic monkey assassin were part of the line. Sweet!

i have these if you are interested, only catch is I'm in Australia

Thank you so much, but I am not looking to buy the Spastik line right now. However, I am impressed that you have these after all this time, and believe that one day you will make a collector very happy.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

andythompsonnufc

Postby andythompsonnufc » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:18 pm

i bought most all of the Monkey Vs Robot stuff when it first came out as I'm heavily into record collecting

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:30 pm

andythompsonnufc wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
willy wonka wrote:I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

In the end, he was right. It took me just over 4 years to complete the whole line. And I had a blast doing it! This has been the most fun I had collecting — and believe me, I almost stopped searching for some of these pieces a few times.

Thank you to theJosh2010 for keeping me inspired and helping me get some of the harder to find pieces. I don’t think I would have completed it without your help.

Thank you To FFJim for selling me your collection and helping me acquire some of the hardest to find pieces. It will be kept in good hands here.

And finally, thanks to Galactross, ClashcityRocker, MyLittleFunkos and all the other Spastik collectors for posting pictures of your collections. I think this made it even more fun to watch others' journeys to completing their collections. And Abe, it was fun collecting this line alongside you. I always loved our friendly race to see who would finish theirs first.

Now I need to finish up my MvsR set. I just need the 4 pack and that line will be complete as well.

Insane! I didn’t even know the metallic 8badhabits and metallic monkey assassin were part of the line. Sweet!

i have these if you are interested, only catch is I'm in Australia

If it were me, I would go for that even with it being a long shipment from Australia. Just being able to get some good old stuff is getting hard enough to do.
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 am

It's been TOO LONG since we had a release from this line. I think it would be cool if they made a new Wobbler to commemorate how these originals started!

:spiderman: JASON | IG/Twitter:@jpg_rising
FANDOMS: X-Men | Marvel |Batman |Superman |Freddy Funko |Supernatural |DC TV Shows

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:51 am

PhoenixForce wrote:It's been TOO LONG since we had a release from this line. I think it would be cool if they made a new Wobbler to commemorate how these originals started!

You're right it has been way too long...I'd love to see a new wobbler be made. I still pick up wobblers from time to time on ebay. There's nothing better than adding a new spastik to the collection.

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:07 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
I'll add to the Plastik awesomeness in this thread with a mix of old school and new school!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Love it!
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR
IG: https://www.instagram.com/lbcfunkokings/
DISNEY Pops 195
MARVEL Pops 146
DC Pops 110
Harry Potter Movie Pops 75
Funko Brand 50
ImageImage

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 am

willy wonka wrote:Image

With these two pieces I have completed my spastik collection. I just need the four pack pop art to complete the MvsR line.

Thank you funko for creating a amazing line. It was a lot of fun collecting these.

Congrats Willy Wonka!
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR
DISNEY Pops 195
MARVEL Pops 146
DC Pops 110
Funko Brand 50
ImageImage

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:12 am

Image[/quote]

WOW JOE!!! That's a ton of SPASTIK PLASTIK my friend!!!
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR
DISNEY Pops 195
MARVEL Pops 146
DC Pops 110
Funko Brand 50
ImageImage

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:05 pm

willy wonka wrote:
Spoiler: show

With these two pieces I have completed my spastik collection. I just need the four pack pop art to complete the MvsR line.

Thank you funko for creating a amazing line. It was a lot of fun collecting these.

I'm a little late to the party, but congrats on the collection as well as the display. It's definitely not an easy task amassing all those old pieces. The only one I see missing is the Color Luther reject and that one's a pain to chase down.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:34 pm

HekterPopAholic wrote:Image

WOW JOE!!! That's a ton of SPASTIK PLASTIK my friend!!![/quote]
Very nice
Midget Wrangl3r

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Sun May 02, 2021 10:09 am

Reverend wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Love this set, I am looking at collecting some of the old stuff but I may be a little late to start. I have noticed ebay dosen't have many of them either. I really hope FUNKO make pops of all of these because sadly I don't think many of the new collector will be able to enjoy them.

It's possible you just need to be patience, I know Beau just did it and Turtle is close if not already done. I'm guessing we will be getting more but what do I know :-k . Here is proof in the pudding that it can be done ;-)

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=74471

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

thejosh2010 wrote:...

FFJim wrote:...

Impressive! Where is the best place to look for Spastik Plastik these days? Ebay only?

TattooFaceTim

Postby TattooFaceTim » Sun May 02, 2021 12:31 pm

A picture of my current collection. I have quite a few more on their way to me from another Funatic that I'll post once they arrive.
Looking for DEK Chet and Metallic Red T-Bone

TattooFaceTim

Postby TattooFaceTim » Sun May 02, 2021 1:42 pm

dorbz wrote:

Reverend wrote:
It's possible you just need to be patience, I know Beau just did it and Turtle is close if not already done. I'm guessing we will be getting more but what do I know :-k . Here is proof in the pudding that it can be done ;-)

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=74471

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

thejosh2010 wrote:...

FFJim wrote:...

Impressive! Where is the best place to look for Spastik Plastik these days? Ebay only?

Check EBay and Mercari consistently as well as networking with other Funatics on here and social media.
Looking for DEK Chet and Metallic Red T-Bone

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun May 02, 2021 2:36 pm

TattooFaceTim wrote:A picture of my current collection. I have quite a few more on their way to me from another Funatic that I'll post once they arrive.

Awesome collection so far!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun May 02, 2021 2:38 pm

Spoiler: show
TattooFaceTim wrote:
dorbz wrote:

Check EBay and Mercari consistently as well as networking with other Funatics on here and social media.

Yeah Ebay as well as other funatics on the boards/FB/Instagram. They are becoming really hard to find now. Good Luck!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Return to “Vinyl”