SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
AleX-Men

Re: SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Postby AleX-Men » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:57 am

andythompsonnufc wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
willy wonka wrote:I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

This quote is what inspired me to start collecting.

In the end, he was right. It took me just over 4 years to complete the whole line. And I had a blast doing it! This has been the most fun I had collecting — and believe me, I almost stopped searching for some of these pieces a few times.

Thank you to theJosh2010 for keeping me inspired and helping me get some of the harder to find pieces. I don’t think I would have completed it without your help.

Thank you To FFJim for selling me your collection and helping me acquire some of the hardest to find pieces. It will be kept in good hands here.

And finally, thanks to Galactross, ClashcityRocker, MyLittleFunkos and all the other Spastik collectors for posting pictures of your collections. I think this made it even more fun to watch others' journeys to completing their collections. And Abe, it was fun collecting this line alongside you. I always loved our friendly race to see who would finish theirs first.

Now I need to finish up my MvsR set. I just need the 4 pack and that line will be complete as well.

Here is a pic of my collection

Insane! I didn’t even know the metallic 8badhabits and metallic monkey assassin were part of the line. Sweet!

i have these if you are interested, only catch is I'm in Australia

Thank you so much, but I am not looking to buy the Spastik line right now. However, I am impressed that you have these after all this time, and believe that one day you will make a collector very happy.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

andythompsonnufc

Postby andythompsonnufc » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:18 pm

i bought most all of the Monkey Vs Robot stuff when it first came out as I'm heavily into record collecting

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:30 pm

andythompsonnufc wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
willy wonka wrote:I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

In the end, he was right. It took me just over 4 years to complete the whole line. And I had a blast doing it! This has been the most fun I had collecting — and believe me, I almost stopped searching for some of these pieces a few times.

Thank you to theJosh2010 for keeping me inspired and helping me get some of the harder to find pieces. I don’t think I would have completed it without your help.

Thank you To FFJim for selling me your collection and helping me acquire some of the hardest to find pieces. It will be kept in good hands here.

And finally, thanks to Galactross, ClashcityRocker, MyLittleFunkos and all the other Spastik collectors for posting pictures of your collections. I think this made it even more fun to watch others' journeys to completing their collections. And Abe, it was fun collecting this line alongside you. I always loved our friendly race to see who would finish theirs first.

Now I need to finish up my MvsR set. I just need the 4 pack and that line will be complete as well.

Insane! I didn’t even know the metallic 8badhabits and metallic monkey assassin were part of the line. Sweet!

i have these if you are interested, only catch is I'm in Australia

If it were me, I would go for that even with it being a long shipment from Australia. Just being able to get some good old stuff is getting hard enough to do.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:43 am

It's been TOO LONG since we had a release from this line. I think it would be cool if they made a new Wobbler to commemorate how these originals started!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:51 am

PhoenixForce wrote:It's been TOO LONG since we had a release from this line. I think it would be cool if they made a new Wobbler to commemorate how these originals started!

You're right it has been way too long...I'd love to see a new wobbler be made. I still pick up wobblers from time to time on ebay. There's nothing better than adding a new spastik to the collection.

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:07 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
I'll add to the Plastik awesomeness in this thread with a mix of old school and new school!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Love it!
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR!!! I’m a recent contestant on Funko’s POP QUIZ Season 2!! Stay tuned for more!!

FUNTV SEASON 2 - https://youtu.be/57h81thV7ag

IG - LBCFunkoKings
DISNEY Pops 250
MARVEL Pops 170
DC Pops 143
Harry Potter Movie Pops 104
Funko Brand 99
ImageImage

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 am

willy wonka wrote:Image

With these two pieces I have completed my spastik collection. I just need the four pack pop art to complete the MvsR line.

Thank you funko for creating a amazing line. It was a lot of fun collecting these.

Congrats Willy Wonka!
Hola!!! Me llamo HECTOR!!! I’m a recent contestant on Funko’s POP QUIZ Season 2!! Stay tuned for more!!

IG - LBCFunkoKings
DISNEY Pops 250
MARVEL Pops 170
DC Pops 143
Funko Brand 99
ImageImage

HekterPopAholic

Postby HekterPopAholic » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:12 am

Image[/quote]

WOW JOE!!! That's a ton of SPASTIK PLASTIK my friend!!!

IG - LBCFunkoKings
DISNEY Pops 250
MARVEL Pops 170
DC Pops 143
Funko Brand 99
ImageImage

clashcityrocker33
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month
Rookie Of The Year & Collector Of The Month

Postby clashcityrocker33 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:05 pm

willy wonka wrote:
Spoiler: show

With these two pieces I have completed my spastik collection. I just need the four pack pop art to complete the MvsR line.

Thank you funko for creating a amazing line. It was a lot of fun collecting these.

I'm a little late to the party, but congrats on the collection as well as the display. It's definitely not an easy task amassing all those old pieces. The only one I see missing is the Color Luther reject and that one's a pain to chase down.
Image Image

I say Beau...You say Bean #10386

"That's the difference between you and me: I don't go back to the carpet store."

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:34 pm

HekterPopAholic wrote:Image

WOW JOE!!! That's a ton of SPASTIK PLASTIK my friend!!![/quote]
Very nice

dorbz

Postby dorbz » Sun May 02, 2021 10:09 am

Reverend wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Love this set, I am looking at collecting some of the old stuff but I may be a little late to start. I have noticed ebay dosen't have many of them either. I really hope FUNKO make pops of all of these because sadly I don't think many of the new collector will be able to enjoy them.

It's possible you just need to be patience, I know Beau just did it and Turtle is close if not already done. I'm guessing we will be getting more but what do I know :-k . Here is proof in the pudding that it can be done ;-)

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=74471

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

thejosh2010 wrote:...

FFJim wrote:...

Impressive! Where is the best place to look for Spastik Plastik these days? Ebay only?

TattooFaceTim

Postby TattooFaceTim » Sun May 02, 2021 12:31 pm

A picture of my current collection. I have quite a few more on their way to me from another Funatic that I'll post once they arrive.

TattooFaceTim

Postby TattooFaceTim » Sun May 02, 2021 1:42 pm

dorbz wrote:

Reverend wrote:
It's possible you just need to be patience, I know Beau just did it and Turtle is close if not already done. I'm guessing we will be getting more but what do I know :-k . Here is proof in the pudding that it can be done ;-)

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=74471

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

thejosh2010 wrote:...

FFJim wrote:...

Impressive! Where is the best place to look for Spastik Plastik these days? Ebay only?

Check EBay and Mercari consistently as well as networking with other Funatics on here and social media.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun May 02, 2021 2:36 pm

TattooFaceTim wrote:A picture of my current collection. I have quite a few more on their way to me from another Funatic that I'll post once they arrive.

Awesome collection so far!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun May 02, 2021 2:38 pm

Spoiler: show
TattooFaceTim wrote:
dorbz wrote:

Check EBay and Mercari consistently as well as networking with other Funatics on here and social media.

Yeah Ebay as well as other funatics on the boards/FB/Instagram. They are becoming really hard to find now. Good Luck!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 pm

That collection is really amazing! Love it!
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:18 am

TattooFaceTim wrote:A picture of my current collection. I have quite a few more on their way to me from another Funatic that I'll post once they arrive.

Love it! I moved about 9 months ago and all my spastiks have been in storage since. I really need to get them all out and displayed again.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:21 am

willy wonka wrote:Image

Congratulations!
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:44 am

We haven't seen any new releases from this line in a very long time. Makes me sad. I love all of the original characters and enjoy those more than some of the mainlines. ](*,)

Hi, I'm JASON!
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:53 am

PhoenixForce wrote:We haven't seen any new releases from this line in a very long time. Makes me sad. I love all of the original characters and enjoy those more than some of the mainlines. ](*,)

Yeah me as well. I hope they didn't kill this line and I hope we see some in Soda form!.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:51 am

willy wonka wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:We haven't seen any new releases from this line in a very long time. Makes me sad. I love all of the original characters and enjoy those more than some of the mainlines. ](*,)

Yeah me as well. I hope they didn't kill this line and I hope we see some in Soda form!.

We definitely need a Soda version of Bone Daddy, T-Bone and El Diablo!

Hi, I'm JASON!

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:56 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

We definitely need a Soda version of Bone Daddy, T-Bone and El Diablo!

I totally agree! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:50 am

Any soda would be nice to see them do at this point. Just give us something.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby icemanfan44 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:08 am

One of the greatest threads of all time! Glad to see it still rolling.

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 pm

PhoenixForce wrote:We definitely need a Soda version of Bone Daddy, T-Bone and El Diablo!

I am so for this!!! YES we definitely need all Versions of Bone Daddy, El Diablo & T-Bone. :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Good to see this thread still going. My favorite on this board. We just need some soda version of spastiks now to keep this going.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Bump for more people to see this epic thread!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:28 am

We need some sodas already for these!
ImageImageImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:57 pm

MorbidGee wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:We definitely need a Soda version of Bone Daddy, T-Bone and El Diablo!

I am so for this!!! YES we definitely need all Versions of Bone Daddy, El Diablo & T-Bone. :freddy2:

I like shiny things so I'd love some metallics or glitter variants of the Plastik line ... T-Bone doesn't count cause I can't afford him lol

Hi, I'm JASON!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:03 pm

digithor wrote:We need some sodas already for these!

My guess is they are coming. There are too many great ones for them not to do it.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:38 am

NCDS wrote:

My guess is they are coming. There are too many great ones for them not to do it.

They must be, it's been a while since we've even seen a plastik release.
ImageImageImageImage

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:47 am

digithor wrote:
NCDS wrote:

They must be, it's been a while since we've even seen a plastik release.

Would love to see this line make it to the soda form! They are literally the perfect choice for these!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:19 pm

Here's a nice bump for y'all!!
I got an insane amount of plastiks this past week! The MvsR from one seller and the others were lowballs from stuff on my watch list.
LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now I'm decently close to finishing MvsR. Biggest ones I need are flocked purple space monkey and the variants of the normal assassin. And 3 of the glows I think.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:10 pm

I got an insane amount of plastiks this past week! The MvsR from one seller and the others were lowballs from stuff on my watch list.
LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And now I'm decently close to finishing MvsR. Biggest ones I need are flocked purple space monkey and the variants of the normal assassin. And 3 of the glows I think.

Psycho santa, my favorite from that bunch. Not always easy to come by those older goodies.
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:37 pm

Just now seeing this and these are awesome looking Zack. Love the background and how they appear outside. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:10 pm

Ever since I saw this thread I was determined to get the freezer packaged Pulpos. After years of it being on my wishlist, I finally can add them to the collection! Love me some original funko characters!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:35 pm

Way to go Austin. That's some hard vinyl to track down.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:37 am

thefunkohunko wrote:Ever since I saw this thread I was determined to get the freezer packaged Pulpos. After years of it being on my wishlist, I finally can add them to the collection! Love me some original funko characters!

That's a nice set to find, can't be many left around to be able to come across still in that packaging. One of my older favorites.
ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:23 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Ever since I saw this thread I was determined to get the freezer packaged Pulpos. After years of it being on my wishlist, I finally can add them to the collection! Love me some original funko characters!

Congrats, Those are really hard to find and I admit I love seeing this thread pop up. This is the best line that funko has make!!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:38 pm

Wow! What an addition to be able to make! Congratulations!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Return to “Vinyl”