SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Jay_voodoo0819

Re: SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Postby Jay_voodoo0819 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:00 am

Really wish Funko would bring back the OG spastiks in tubes. Like I’d be ok if they only gave them out during Fun Days or something. I just love them so much and want them back. Batboy and Funkoween Carlos in tubes would be awesome!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 am

Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:Really wish Funko would bring back the OG spastiks in tubes. Like I’d be ok if they only gave them out during Fun Days or something. I just love them so much and want them back. Batboy and Funkoween Carlos in tubes would be awesome!

The tubes would be cool to see again, does it count if they are the sodas? :)
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Jay_voodoo0819

Postby Jay_voodoo0819 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:43 am

digithor wrote:
Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:Really wish Funko would bring back the OG spastiks in tubes. Like I’d be ok if they only gave them out during Fun Days or something. I just love them so much and want them back. Batboy and Funkoween Carlos in tubes would be awesome!

I would prefer the tubes but I would definitely not say no to the sodas. :)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 am

Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Tubes or sodas would be great. The reason I like the sodas so much is the fact that they look like the ones in tubes just a different packaging.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Jay_voodoo0819

Postby Jay_voodoo0819 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:56 am

willy wonka wrote:
Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Tubes or sodas would be great. The reason I like the sodas so much is the fact that they look like the ones in tubes just a different packaging.

Agreed. Either or would be awesome

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 am

willy wonka wrote:
Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Close enough for us for now. :)
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Jay_voodoo0819

Postby Jay_voodoo0819 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Decided to make a trip to Franks and Sons in LA and got these two pieces to fill some gaps in my collection. This Trader Grim is awesome. So happy to finally have him. And now I have all the Pulpos. :) this week I’m waiting on 5 OG Spastiks to come in! Can’t wait to post em.

https://imgur.com/a/hPHcCM7

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:47 pm

Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:Decided to make a trip to Franks and Sons in LA and got these two pieces to fill some gaps in my collection. This Trader Grim is awesome. So happy to finally have him. And now I have all the Pulpos. :) this week I’m waiting on 5 OG Spastiks to come in! Can’t wait to post em.

Awesome additions!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Jay_voodoo0819

Postby Jay_voodoo0819 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:49 pm

willy wonka wrote:
Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:Decided to make a trip to Franks and Sons in LA and got these two pieces to fill some gaps in my collection. This Trader Grim is awesome. So happy to finally have him. And now I have all the Pulpos. :) this week I’m waiting on 5 OG Spastiks to come in! Can’t wait to post em.

Awesome additions!!

Thank u. Still need oodles but he’s a bit pricey atm :(

Jay_voodoo0819

Postby Jay_voodoo0819 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm

Mail call! Nice haul if I do say so myself lol. Finally got El Supremo variant! And a second black suit Carlos. Need Carlos with visor! Lol

https://imgur.com/a/6tG02Rp

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:25 pm

Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:Mail call! Nice haul if I do say so myself lol. Finally got El Supremo variant! And a second black suit Carlos. Need Carlos with visor! Lol

Now that is a great haul Jay. Love seeing old Funko plastic and that box of fun is pretty cool. Looks like the box is in good shape as well. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:29 pm

Jay_voodoo0819 wrote:Mail call! Nice haul if I do say so myself lol. Finally got El Supremo variant! And a second black suit Carlos. Need Carlos with visor! Lol

Now that is a great haul Jay. Love seeing old Funko plastic and that box of fun is pretty cool. Looks like the box is in good shape as well. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:36 am

Oh that's cool to see, some older goodies. Always like seeing packaging from years ago.
ImageImageImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 am

Very nice beauties you got there.

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:06 am

Thats some nice beauties you got there.

andythompsonnufc

Postby andythompsonnufc » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:10 pm

hey guys,

just wondering if there are any online resources to value monkey vs robot/wunderland war pieces?

thanks in advance

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:12 am

With these two pieces I have completed my spastik collection. I just need the four pack pop art to complete the MvsR line.

Thank you funko for creating a amazing line. It was a lot of fun collecting these.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:48 pm

willy wonka wrote:Image

With these two pieces I have completed my spastik collection. I just need the four pack pop art to complete the MvsR line.

Thank you funko for creating a amazing line. It was a lot of fun collecting these.

So awesome!! Congrats super happy for you =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:19 pm

That's awesome! And you did it with one of the best lines!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:14 pm

I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

This quote is what inspired me to start collecting.

Reverend wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Love this set, I am looking at collecting some of the old stuff but I may be a little late to start. I have noticed ebay dosen't have many of them either. I really hope FUNKO make pops of all of these because sadly I don't think many of the new collector will be able to enjoy them.

It's possible you just need to be patience, I know Beau just did it and Turtle is close if not already done. I'm guessing we will be getting more but what do I know :-k . Here is proof in the pudding that it can be done ;-)

http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=74471

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

In the end, he was right. It took me just over 4 years to complete the whole line. And I had a blast doing it! This has been the most fun I had collecting — and believe me, I almost stopped searching for some of these pieces a few times.

thejosh2010 wrote:...

Thank you to theJosh2010 for keeping me inspired and helping me get some of the harder to find pieces. I don’t think I would have completed it without your help.

FFJim wrote:...

Thank you To FFJim for selling me your collection and helping me acquire some of the hardest to find pieces. It will be kept in good hands here.

And finally, thanks to Galactross, ClashcityRocker, MyLittleFunkos and all the other Spastik collectors for posting pictures of your collections. I think this made it even more fun to watch others' journeys to completing their collections. And Abe, it was fun collecting this line alongside you. I always loved our friendly race to see who would finish theirs first.

Now I need to finish up my MvsR set. I just need the 4 pack and that line will be complete as well.

Here is a pic of my collection

Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:33 pm

Joe that is an amazing collection, super congrats on completing it!!!!!!!!
Hope to be able to get close to that one day, slowly getting a new piece every few months or so
Yes I agree on what you say about why you like the line, the packaging and great designs. Exactly why I love the Funko Soda line.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:41 am

willy wonka wrote:I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

It's nice to see a setup like yours, lots of old goodies there. Those small details on the products draw me in.
ImageImageImageImage

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:47 am

Congrats Joe! It’s become increasingly harder every year to accomplish this. Looks like you could do some organizing next to the shelf though. ;-)

I just hope to be character complete one day.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:11 pm

BigM wrote:Congrats Joe! It’s become increasingly harder every year to accomplish this. Looks like you could do some organizing next to the shelf though. ;-)

I just hope to be character complete one day.

Thanks and yes I will be doing more organizing there lol
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:40 am

willy wonka that is an amazing collection!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:30 am

Omg willy wonka that collection is straight fire! Well done...
Image Image ImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:58 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

That's awesome! And you did it with one of the best lines!

Wow, I didn’t even know DEK Chet came in a bag like that. Awesome find!
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:01 pm

willy wonka wrote:I'd like to begin by thanking Reverend for creating a thread that changed the way I collect. When this was posted, I was only collecting Pops. And then I saw the thread "SAVE the PLASTIK." I found it really inspiring, but I still wasn’t sure I wanted to collect them. So I decided to buy one and see. My first one was Karl and I loved it. Not just the figure — it was the packaging and the clever content on the back of the inserts. There are tons of jokes on these things. I remember laughing and even showing others some of the jokes.

Reverend wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Love this set, I am looking at collecting some of the old stuff but I may be a little late to start. I have noticed ebay dosen't have many of them either. I really hope FUNKO make pops of all of these because sadly I don't think many of the new collector will be able to enjoy them.

It's possible you just need to be patience, I know Beau just did it and Turtle is close if not already done. I'm guessing we will be getting more but what do I know :-k . Here is proof in the pudding that it can be done ;-)

In the end, he was right. It took me just over 4 years to complete the whole line. And I had a blast doing it! This has been the most fun I had collecting — and believe me, I almost stopped searching for some of these pieces a few times.

Thank you to theJosh2010 for keeping me inspired and helping me get some of the harder to find pieces. I don’t think I would have completed it without your help.

Thank you To FFJim for selling me your collection and helping me acquire some of the hardest to find pieces. It will be kept in good hands here.

And finally, thanks to Galactross, ClashcityRocker, MyLittleFunkos and all the other Spastik collectors for posting pictures of your collections. I think this made it even more fun to watch others' journeys to completing their collections. And Abe, it was fun collecting this line alongside you. I always loved our friendly race to see who would finish theirs first.

Now I need to finish up my MvsR set. I just need the 4 pack and that line will be complete as well.

Insane! I didn’t even know the metallic 8badhabits and metallic monkey assassin were part of the line. Sweet!
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:05 am

AleX-Men wrote:
Insane! I didn’t even know the metallic 8badhabits and metallic monkey assassin were part of the line. Sweet!

They are not it something Vinnie from Less Than Jake did with left over pieces he had. They were not made by Funko so imo they are just customs just like all the resin pieces he did with a few other repainted pieces of vinyl he has done.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Reverend wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

They are not it something Vinnie from Less Than Jake did with left over pieces he had. They were not made by Funko so imo they are just customs just like all the resin pieces he did with a few other repainted pieces of vinyl he has done.

Oh ok! I can see that. He surprisingly still has some left over. Only one I don’t remember the full story of is flocked space monkey. Meaning of that one still makes me wonder.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:41 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
Reverend wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Oh ok! I can see that. He surprisingly still has some left over. Only one I don’t remember the full story of is flocked space monkey. Meaning of that one still makes me wonder.

I believe it was given out as a custom contest or at least that is what was told to me. I am sure someone on here will know.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:30 pm

THEIR IS ONE MORE BESIDES THE POP ART. THERE IS A NUMBERED LIMITED RUN OF BLOODY MONKEYS IN A COLLECTOR TIN.. EACH MONKEY IS DIFFERENT. I THINK THE SET IS LIMITED TO 100 PCS

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:18 am

willy wonka wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
Reverend wrote:

I believe it was given out as a custom contest or at least that is what was told to me. I am sure someone on here will know.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Thanks for the info!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:22 pm

dustman94 wrote:

THEIR IS ONE MORE BESIDES THE POP ART. THERE IS A NUMBERED LIMITED RUN OF BLOODY MONKEYS IN A COLLECTOR TIN.. EACH MONKEY IS DIFFERENT. I THINK THE SET IS LIMITED TO 100 PCS

Thanks, I have you can see it near the bottom corner. I am currently trying to reorganize this section so I can place all the spastiks on one shelf
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Congrats on completing the set, Joe! I love the packaged Pulpos.
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:53 pm

Congrats on your completion, feels amazing when you have the whole set of a line. Oh yeah good luck on getting the four pack you need. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25 pm

You know that piece that never leaves your head and you always come back to it when you feel like buying something new? I’ve always been so fascinated with this LE 96 Glow Gill, and now I’m a proud owner! Can’t wait to find other awesome Spastik pieces!

Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:40 am

thefunkohunko wrote:You know that piece that never leaves your head and you always come back to it when you feel like buying something new? I’ve always been so fascinated with this LE 96 Glow Gill, and now I’m a proud owner! Can’t wait to find other awesome Spastik pieces!

congrats. These spastiks had amazing glows on them.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby icemanfan44 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:24 pm

I am happy for you. That is awesome!

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

andythompsonnufc

Postby andythompsonnufc » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:25 pm

AleX-Men wrote:

Reverend wrote:

i have these if you are interested, only catch is I'm in Australia

Return to “Vinyl”