SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: SAVE THE PLASTIK!

Postby renardchua » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:52 pm

cptsailor wrote:Trader Grim is coming Wednesday!
https://twitter.com/chrisraimoart/statu ... 4770422788

will definitely buy one. awesome figure!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Mikey_2_times

Postby Mikey_2_times » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:39 pm

Juan has always been my favorite Spastik Plastik
:freddy2:

Instagram - Funko_2times
Collecting Funko Pops since 2012
Comic con since 2012
Funko Fundays 2017
Funko Fundays 2018
Fundays games 2021
Fundays 2022
Fundays 2023
Love to meet new collectors!

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:53 pm

cptsailor wrote:Trader Grim is coming Wednesday!
https://twitter.com/chrisraimoart/statu ... 4770422788

That was a neat surprise to read.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Spastiks are by far my all time favorite line to collect. Keep them coming Funko!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Were there any stores that used to sell Spastik Plastik First hand besides the Funko Mart (excluding exclusive stores)? Also, I can't seem to find much info on the flocked space monkey; does anyone know about that?
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Nebulus

Postby Nebulus » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Thought I would share my collection.. Getting difficult to get the last few I need..

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:57 pm

Nebulus wrote:Thought I would share my collection.. Getting difficult to get the last few I need..

Awesome collection! Thanks for sharing

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Nebulus wrote:Thought I would share my collection.. Getting difficult to get the last few I need..

Wow! This is a Fantastik collection!
Great display! :freddy2:

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Spoiler: show

Beautiful! I'm jealous, lots of really cool pieces in there. The Funkoween Amazing Carlos is one of my favorite POPs from the Spastik Plastik line
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Man, i love learning more about the history. I didn’t realize they came in those cylinder tins before, which have a fun look. It makes tiki fundays all the more throwback.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:55 pm

Finally he's here!
I work at Trader Joes; and as soon as this was announced, I knew I had to add it to the collection! There is a good chance this pop is completely unrelated to were I work, but I'm creating that connection lol
As always, room is very limited, but I had to make some space to squeeze this spooky fella in.

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Ratattack wrote:Finally he's here!
I work at Trader Joes; and as soon as this was announced, I knew I had to add it to the collection! There is a good chance this pop is completely unrelated to were I work, but I'm creating that connection lol
As always, room is very limited, but I had to make some space to squeeze this spooky fella in.

Awesome pick-up :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 pm

Beyond awesome, congrats =D> =D> =D>

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:46 pm

Love everything about this pop...Trader Grim is beyond awesome.

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:50 pm

Nice! I had to get him too! Already have the BatBoy and just waiting for the Cutey Corn to drop. I really like how these are totally Funatic made pops. I really hope they they keep doing these. Even if only a couple a year. That would be such a great honor to have your design made into pop form. I'm really hoping they have the contest again [-o<

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:52 pm

Amazing collection...absolutely love all the plastiks and hope we see a lot more to come in the future.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 am

InternationalPopper wrote:

Awesome pick-up :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thank you. I'm really liking the color scheme on this pop! That pink and other pastel colors really have a nice touch! Also, we started gardening more at home because we are running out of things to do on our days off lol so I wanted to show off some of our plants :freddy2:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:12 am

Boymom4 wrote:

Love everything about this pop...Trader Grim is beyond awesome.

Yeah! I'm really enjoying the box colors! Also, it has a bonus sticker! :freddy2: lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:15 am

Cod3NameCornDog wrote:

Nice! I had to get him too! Already have the BatBoy and just waiting for the Cutey Corn to drop. I really like how these are totally Funatic made pops. I really hope they they keep doing these. Even if only a couple a year. That would be such a great honor to have your design made into pop form. I'm really hoping they have the contest again [-o<

Same here! I really wish they hold the contest again this year.
I'm no where as talented as last years contestants, but I'd love to give it a try. We literally have nothing to lose by entering; and also, it looks like so much fun \:D/ :freddy2: :bounce:

Nebulus

Postby Nebulus » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:58 am

Can someone educate me on the release of the glow Sike-o-shriner? What's the story behind the sticker variants? Was one giving out specifically for the opening night and the rest with the other sticker sold in the store while supplies lasted? Thanks.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:59 pm

Nebulus wrote:Can someone educate me on the release of the glow Sike-o-shriner? What's the story behind the sticker variants? Was one giving out specifically for the opening night and the rest with the other sticker sold in the store while supplies lasted? Thanks.

The SDCC sticker came out 1st and that was a convention exclusive, shared with Funko Shop (online). Then the glow was exclusive to the HQ grand opening in Everett (limited to 500 pieces). Lastly they came out with a teal variant on Funko shop a little bit after that. The character originally debuted as a wobbler.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Nebulus

Postby Nebulus » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:03 am

pberickp wrote:
Nebulus wrote:Can someone educate me on the release of the glow Sike-o-shriner? What's the story behind the sticker variants? Was one giving out specifically for the opening night and the rest with the other sticker sold in the store while supplies lasted? Thanks.

The SDCC sticker came out 1st and that was a convention exclusive, shared with Funko Shop (online). Then the glow was exclusive to the HQ grand opening in Everett (limited to 500 pieces). Lastly they came out with a teal variant on Funko shop a little bit after that. The character originally debuted as a wobbler.

I'm specifically asking about the glow though because it has two stickers. An opening night one with no limited piece and an HQ one with 500 on it. I'm just curious if they were distributed differently.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:44 am

What a nice and glorious collection that is. =D>
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Nebulus wrote:
pberickp wrote:

I'm specifically asking about the glow though because it has two stickers. An opening night one with no limited piece and an HQ one with 500 on it. I'm just curious if they were distributed differently.

Oh I see...my bad. I am not sure why the two stickers are different. The only thing I can think of is that they held a little stock back for the second grand opening, the one that was open to the public, and those got a different sticker relative to the actual ticketed opening night event.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
ImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon May 04, 2020 9:49 pm

Wow this is amazing so many cool ones I see!! Thank you for sharing!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Mon May 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Congratulations. Looks great.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue May 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Skeleton Squad assembled :eek: :eek: :eek:
I wonder when Juan, Senor Gomez and El Guappo will get the POP transformation? :-k :-k
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue May 19, 2020 9:37 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
I wonder when Juan, Senor Gomez and El Guappo will get the POP transformation? :-k :-k

Love it! Bring it on. I want them all!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed May 20, 2020 2:04 am

chincoteague1 wrote:

Congratulations. Looks great.

Thank you! I’m really liking the color story they chose for the box. It makes the Pop pop even more lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed May 20, 2020 2:07 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

OMG these all look amazing together!
Congrats!

Can’t wait to get TJ in my hands! It should be arriving later this week! :freddy3:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Thu May 21, 2020 11:56 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

So awesome, congrats :compress: :compress: :compress:

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:22 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

This is a great photo of the squad. Congratulations.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:07 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Awesome collection!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:28 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Skeleton Squad assembled :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is a good question, when indeed.
ImageImageImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:22 am

I would love to see El Supremo get the POP! treatment as well.
ImageImage

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:56 am

pberickp wrote:I would love to see El Supremo get the POP! treatment as well.

Yes please! I’m sure they’re all coming eventually. I’m loving the mix of old and new characters.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:48 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Great shot with the squad!! I'd also like to see those guys get the pop treatment.

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:23 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Awesome photo!
ImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:23 pm

[quote="Reverend"]There is nothing like Spastik Plastik in my opinion, they are all Funko original characters which makes them that much cooler. I have dedicated the better part of the last 5 years to try and obtain as much Spastik memorably as possible, I have looked under old time collectors carpets and dumpster dived to find this stuff. I am proud to say I have had some great luck finding stuff that people told me I would never find. When I first joined this board it was to finish colleting all the Spastiks that were made, my first post in the welcome section was about this goal and people told me that line has been retired for years so good luck because it would be next to impossible to do. Less than year later mission accomplished but I didn’t stop there I keep going and hunted anything Spastik, now I would like to share my findings with you guys. I have so much stuff I need to break it down into sections and I will continue to add stuff later because it is quite a bit. I have Spastik, protos, hand painted protos, art work and so much more that I will slowly add to this thread.

VIVA LA SPASTIK, best line Funko ever made hands down!

Still love and completely agree with this

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:11 am

Will be moving soon so I had to pack up all the OG Spastik Plastik in my home office. I had 44 tubes all in one box. Took some photos while I was wrapping them up and will share a few when I get a chance.
ImageImage

Return to “Vinyl”