18" Retro Freddy from SDCC 2016

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Fugly16

18" Retro Freddy from SDCC 2016

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:09 am

Does anyone know how many of these were made?

I bring mine to our local pop events and get asked how many were made, would like to accurately give the right answer. My best guess is 24 of each character? I was also wondering how these were given out at Fundays. Was it lottery or was the prize patrol just running these out to each section randomly giving them, I doubt they were tossing them.

mongoose12

Re: 18" Retro Freddy from SDCC 2016

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:28 am

Fugly16 wrote:Does anyone know how many of these were made?

I bring mine to our local pop events and get asked how many were made, would like to accurately give the right answer. My best guess is 24 of each character? I was also wondering how these were given out at Fundays. Was it lottery or was the prize patrol just running these out to each section randomly giving them, I doubt they were tossing them.

if i am not mistaken, i think they were LE10

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 am

mongoose12 wrote:

if i am not mistaken, i think they were LE10

No it's more then 10. Fugitive re released it about a year ago... I would put in the 20 to 24 pieces of each category.
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

Frusie

Postby Frusie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:06 am

They were lined on the stage and at the end people just went up and grabbed them.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:46 am

Frusie wrote:

They were lined on the stage and at the end people just went up and grabbed them.

That's insane! I can't imagine there not being a fight of some sort...
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Frusie

Postby Frusie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Frusie wrote:

That's insane! I can't imagine there not being a fight of some sort...

It was kinda crazy. My friend leapt from one side of the stage to the other, like one large leap! LOL it was pretty hysterical. That was a fun year!

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 pm

Frusie wrote:

Wow, that's something to imagine alright.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 am

That would have been crazy to see. Nowadays it would be a brawl at best. I love Funko.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 am

I hate to burst your bubble but there is a story that goes behind that piece that I don’t think I want to share at this time. But there was a ton of those made but only some survived but I know there is way more than you guys think are out there, most surfaced after fundays while there is truth they only had very few displayed at that Fundays. Still a cool piece, congrats.
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Reverend wrote:I hate to burst your bubble but there is a story that goes behind that piece that I don’t think I want to share at this time. But there was a ton of those made but only some survived but I know there is way more than you guys think are out there, most surfaced after fundays while there is truth they only had very few displayed at that Fundays. Still a cool piece, congrats.

yikes, sounds like some nonsense went down. always sucks that a few knuckleheads can mess things up for the masses. ](*,)

Reverend
HoF 2013 & CotY
HoF 2013 & CotY

Postby Reverend » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:48 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Reverend wrote:I hate to burst your bubble but there is a story that goes behind that piece that I don’t think I want to share at this time. But there was a ton of those made but only some survived but I know there is way more than you guys think are out there, most surfaced after fundays while there is truth they only had very few displayed at that Fundays. Still a cool piece, congrats.

yikes, sounds like some nonsense went down. always sucks that a few knuckleheads can mess things up for the masses. ](*,)

It wasn’t anything like that, let just say it was quality control problem ;-)
ISO Pop Spastik Tiki protos, ALL OF THEM!

REAL MEN DON'T KEEP SCORE!

SELL OUTS NEED TO RESTOCK SO THEY CAN SELL OUT AGAIN! :mir1:

Pot meet KETTLE

Brian@Funko wrote:GO boxless..it is more fun!

My mom named me Jacob/Unfortunately that's not all I get called
Haters going to hate so let the cry babies cry!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Reverend wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

ahhhh gotcha! lol thats refreshing then :freddy2:

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Rev on point.

As for how people got them, it was not a free-for-all. The LE 10 pieces you are thinking of were 2015, the 33" Freddies.
San Diego funatic

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Reverend wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Quality control, so a bunch were made but only some were given out at Fundays that year. So the ones that did not pass quality control should have been thrown out but weren't?

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:17 pm

I keep hoping these 18” retros will resurface one day! I love skeletor and joker!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Reverend wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Captain America megadorbz....

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:35 am

i got my retro freddy joker at Fundays 2016, some staff worker came up to me and handed me a ticket and said go up when they call out this # and I went up on stage to spin the Wheel of Destiny. I had to eat a can of corn and when I went back to my table the prize patrol gave everyone at my table a retro freddy.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 am

Panda wrote:

i got my retro freddy joker at Fundays 2016, some staff worker came up to me and handed me a ticket and said go up when they call out this # and I went up on stage to spin the Wheel of Destiny. I had to eat a can of corn and when I went back to my table the prize patrol gave everyone at my table a retro freddy.

Too much pressure! I don't think I could eat a can of corn like that! I would definitely be puking afterward. I am glad you didn't let your table down.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 am

I know we mentioned it another thread, but Funko needs to make more of these. They’re wonderful kind of marquee pieces for the home displays. I don’t know what makes me prefer these to the oversized pops, but it just feels more festive.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:50 am

Curious to know, are these Fundays exclusives or are they exclusive to other stores as well (fugitive, gemini, tokyo, etc.)? Also, I would down 5 cans of corn if it meant getting one of those or another figurine. Seriously, I'd even film it.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:07 pm

AleX-Men wrote:Curious to know, are these Fundays exclusives or are they exclusive to other stores as well (fugitive, gemini, tokyo, etc.)? Also, I would down 5 cans of corn if it meant getting one of those or another figurine. Seriously, I'd even film it.

All were fundays in 2015/16
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 pm

BigM wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:Curious to know, are these Fundays exclusives or are they exclusive to other stores as well (fugitive, gemini, tokyo, etc.)? Also, I would down 5 cans of corn if it meant getting one of those or another figurine. Seriously, I'd even film it.

Thanks for the info, stay safe and best of luck collecting
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:00 am

AleX-Men wrote:
BigM wrote:

Thanks for the info, stay safe and best of luck collecting

Thanks. You too.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:13 pm

Gemini sold some of the defective 18" Freddy's shortly after Funday's that year. By defective, I mean they sold them with the quality control issues (paint plaws, scratches, ect.) specified in the title. They had the Black Batman, Blue Batman, Joker, Skeletor, and Robin...at least I think that was it. Sorry, I can't remember how many of each Freddy Gemini posted.
I be Chris

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Very interesting thread. I love reading threads like this. Either way that's a really cool piece to own. Congrats on having such a cool piece Vinh =D> I got in the game to late to be able to get one of these at an affordable price but I did submit a figure request form to Funko hoping that they make a 10 inch Freddy pop atleast. I think every collection should have atleast 1 giant Freddy. Thanks for sharing :D

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:07 pm

beckysaurus wrote:Rev on point.

As for how people got them, it was not a free-for-all. The LE 10 pieces you are thinking of were 2015, the 33" Freddies.

This is correct.

2016 was the year that they had people spin a prize wheel if their ticket/name was called. If they landed on a specific spot, their whole table got something. Some of them were the normal retro freddies, others were the 18" ones.

2015 was the last year of the insanity.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Return to “Vinyl”