Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby popfanboy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:40 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
emoagogo wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
they gave away soda protos?

on that soda facebook group. but the contests were really impossible to complete for most people. felt a little unfair for everyone.

Those were a bit on the rough side. Unless you've already picked up every release to date and managed to track down every chase/con figure then most of the contests were unattainable to participate in.

Yup. And for most of the other ones that were a bit easier, they were limited to the first ten people to post. If you weren't at home with your collection you were too late. The one that rubbed me the wrong way a bit was the giveaway where you had to have the LE300 NYCC Freddy chase to enter. I understand they were trying to make sure real collectors were the ones entering, but it felt majority of people were excluded.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:17 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:

The lag in there boards has not helped much either. Personally I would love to see Soda gets it's own section here and not just be a topic under vinyl. That would probably get my attention piqued again...

Completely Agree! If Sodas are the "next great thing" for Funko, then they should have a section. This long chain is tough to keep up with :).
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:18 am

Katers wrote:
Katers wrote:
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Ouch! Never mind then! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :angry4:

I was more hoping for BL or HT!

lol lol lol I was thinking BL & HT too. HT went pretty smoothly for ECCC this year.

Right? That's why I had such high hopes for it. I'll do what I can with what I have to work with though, and just keep my fingers crossed while I don't need them for typing!

Agreed. Oh well ... good luck to everyone in the lottery!
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:34 am

popfanboy wrote:Yup. And for most of the other ones that were a bit easier, they were limited to the first ten people to post. If you weren't at home with your collection you were too late. The one that rubbed me the wrong way a bit was the giveaway where you had to have the LE300 NYCC Freddy chase to enter. I understand they were trying to make sure real collectors were the ones entering, but it felt majority of people were excluded.

If I remember correctly, it was:
4 x First 10 People (Limited to 10 fastest)
1 x Top 10 Contributors to the page
1 x NYCC Freddy Chase (unlimited qty of entrants)
1 x all 4 Huckleberry Hounds (unlimited)
1 x show a collection (any photo with soda in it) (unlimited)
1 x 5 combinations of soda with something non-soda (unlimited)
1 x Largest Qty of 1 soda (1 winner)

My take on it (as you said) is that they were trying to balance keeping the contest focused on Soda Collectors and making sure people at different levels of collector level could win. If you look at the list of winners, there were a few that are on the boards AND have posted in this chain. Unfortunately, satisfying everyone would have been a really tough task.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:08 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote: lol lol lol I was thinking BL & HT too. HT went pretty smoothly for ECCC this year.

Right? That's why I had such high hopes for it. I'll do what I can with what I have to work with though, and just keep my fingers crossed while I don't need them for typing!

Agreed. Oh well ... good luck to everyone in the lottery!

Thank you and same! Really hoping the sodas end up with fellow Funatics!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:11 am

Looks like it was a range of contests for people.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:55 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
popfanboy wrote:Yup. And for most of the other ones that were a bit easier, they were limited to the first ten people to post. If you weren't at home with your collection you were too late. The one that rubbed me the wrong way a bit was the giveaway where you had to have the LE300 NYCC Freddy chase to enter. I understand they were trying to make sure real collectors were the ones entering, but it felt majority of people were excluded.

My take on it (as you said) is that they were trying to balance keeping the contest focused on Soda Collectors and making sure people at different levels of collector level could win. If you look at the list of winners, there were a few that are on the boards AND have posted in this chain. Unfortunately, satisfying everyone would have been a really tough task.

Yeah, overall I thought it was okay with the variety. The only thing I would have changed was the "first 10 to enter" ones. Of all of them, I could only qualify for 3 (TMNT, collection, 5 combinations). I guess I technically would have qualified for "larges qty" but knew I didn't really have a chance with only having max of 6 of one character (and if I had more than 6, I'd really have to rethink my "collecting" hobby).
Poppin'

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:41 am

theraven00 wrote:(and if I had more than 6, I'd really have to rethink my "collecting" hobby).

People who army build a certain character with multiples of the same figure amuse me in a "what the hell" sort of way... lol
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:43 am

Mr Yac wrote:kind of one of those catch 22's really. they don't give much attention to the boards because the boards are slow, but the boards get slow when Funko doesn't pay any attention to us...

… at least until another FunDays is on the horizon, then people will be coming out of the woodwork to be "active" around here. ;-)
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:54 am

theraven00 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Yeah, overall I thought it was okay with the variety. The only thing I would have changed was the "first 10 to enter" ones. Of all of them, I could only qualify for 3 (TMNT, collection, 5 combinations). I guess I technically would have qualified for "larges qty" but knew I didn't really have a chance with only having max of 6 of one character (and if I had more than 6, I'd really have to rethink my "collecting" hobby).

Sure there was variety but that’s not the point we are making. The point is the contests were not available to everyone, unless you owned a super specific item or items, that’s the bottom line. Out of more than 900 members in the group, only a little over 100 were actually entered into the drawings. If you don’t seem the problem then idk how else to explain it. I just wish they were more fair and accessible to everyone and not so tailored to completionists and money. And also not to mention they kicked out a lot of people from the group before the contests even started.

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:02 pm

Just catching up on what was going on lol
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:24 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:Just catching up on what was going on lol

I'll stop by and go over everything u missed.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:55 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

The lag in there boards has not helped much either. Personally I would love to see Soda gets it's own section here and not just be a topic under vinyl. That would probably get my attention piqued again...

Completely Agree! If Sodas are the "next great thing" for Funko, then they should have a section. This long chain is tough to keep up with :).

yeah I think it is time funko soda has its own section on here. This line is straight fire. I find myself collecting them more then pops.
Collecting since 2014

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:39 am

nascar246788 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

yeah I think it is time funko soda has its own section on here. This line is straight fire. I find myself collecting them more then pops.

Same here. I've bought way more Soda recently than I have Pops. I can't get enough of them.
Tanner
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:10 am

Send me chases av

Emo or Emilio is fine.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Same here lol
:happy1:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:21 pm

mohawkjones wrote:… at least until another FunDays is on the horizon, then people will be coming out of the woodwork to be "active" around here. ;-)

as much as it pains me to say, i honestly doubt if we'll even get a Fundays lottery on the boards going forward.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:26 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:… at least until another FunDays is on the horizon, then people will be coming out of the woodwork to be "active" around here. ;-)

as much as it pains me to say, i honestly doubt if we'll even get a Fundays lottery on the boards going forward.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:14 am

popfanboy wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Same here. I've bought way more Soda recently than I have Pops. I can't get enough of them.

If it wasn't for all the disney stuff they announced recently at funko fair, I would have definitely bought more sodas then pops. As a Disney funatic and Disney being my main line other then Freddy, a lot of the pops were a must for sure.
Collecting since 2014

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089 :smt089

Don’t lose hope!!!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:36 am

emoagogo wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Don’t lose hope!!!

I did just see that attendance will be allowed at events, so there is still hope \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 am

emoagogo wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don’t lose hope!!!

I did just see that attendance will be allowed at events, so there is still hope \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

i'm not saying there won't be more Fundays, i'm just not thinking the board will get priority for early access anymore. just seems like they've forgotten about us over here.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:09 am

Wonder if we will start to see any falcon and winter soldier sodas.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:15 am

digithor wrote:Wonder if we will start to see any falcon and winter soldier sodas.

I'm already hoping that we get regular common Falcon, and metallic for the chase. And for Winter Soldier, common and metallic/masked chase!
Image ImageImage Image

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:09 am

popfanboy wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:
emoagogo wrote:on that soda facebook group. but the contests were really impossible to complete for most people. felt a little unfair for everyone.

Those were a bit on the rough side. Unless you've already picked up every release to date and managed to track down every chase/con figure then most of the contests were unattainable to participate in.

Yup. And for most of the other ones that were a bit easier, they were limited to the first ten people to post. If you weren't at home with your collection you were too late. The one that rubbed me the wrong way a bit was the giveaway where you had to have the LE300 NYCC Freddy chase to enter. I understand they were trying to make sure real collectors were the ones entering, but it felt majority of people were excluded.

Is this the group that you have to send a moderator a picture of your Soda collection in order to join so you can prove you're a 'real collector'?
Funklub: 11181

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:56 am

Squird wrote:
popfanboy wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Is this the group that you have to send a moderator a picture of your Soda collection in order to join so you can prove you're a 'real collector'?

lol lol yes

Emo or Emilio is fine.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:12 pm

Squird wrote:
popfanboy wrote:
mohawkjones wrote:

Seriously? lol lol lol lol
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:23 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Wonder if we will start to see any falcon and winter soldier sodas.

I'm already hoping that we get regular common Falcon, and metallic for the chase. And for Winter Soldier, common and metallic/masked chase!

Decent start to some sodas, they might have those on the larger side of the numbers since it's a fairly popular show right now.
ImageImageImageImage

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:32 am

I saw Funko put up some Werewolf, Vampire Jack Skellington, and Beetlejuice Sodas toady. Managed to grab a Werewolf and Vampire Jack before Werewolf sold out. Beetlejuice (I've only said it twice) and Werewolf are sold out now, but Vampire Jack is still up with low stock if anyone needs him.

https://www.funko.com/shop/details/disney-tnbc-vampire-jack-vinyl-soda
Tanner

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:53 am

popfanboy wrote:I saw Funko put up some Werewolf, Vampire Jack Skellington, and Beetlejuice Sodas toady. Managed to grab a Werewolf and Vampire Jack before Werewolf sold out. Beetlejuice (I've only said it twice) and Werewolf are sold out now, but Vampire Jack is still up with low stock if anyone needs him.

https://www.funko.com/shop/details/disney-tnbc-vampire-jack-vinyl-soda

I got Jack and beetle juice. I need to track down werewolf

Emo or Emilio is fine.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:48 am

Check out these AMAZING BLACK LIGHT ALICE IN WONDERLAND SODAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Mad Hatter especially, WOW!
All Funko Shop exclusives
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
Check out these AMAZING BLACK LIGHT ALICE IN WONDERLAND SODAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These sodas are amazing!!! I need them all!! I love that the can design will react to black light as well!

Emo or Emilio is fine.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

At some point down the line, I would be needing a black light section for all these awesome black light figures!
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:00 pm

wow. blacklight and soda and disney. this won't be popular at all...............
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 pm

we'd better get a normal Alice set eventually.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:48 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image

holy moly lol wow this is freaking awesome looking merch! =D> =D> =D>

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:20 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:wow. blacklight and soda and disney. this won't be popular at all...............

No kidding ... it's the trifecta! :cheers:
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:23 pm

Mr Yac wrote:we'd better get a normal Alice set eventually.

Agreed! I would have loved to see the common then the chase be a dayglow ... :-k :-k
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Agreed! I would have loved to see the common then the chase be a dayglow ... :-k :-k

i suppose on the bright side with these out of the way we might get some actually interesting chases for the regular set lol

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:57 pm

Any chance we see Funko Soda Holiday? I’d love to see a Home Alone line.
:freddy1:

Return to “Soda”