Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
muscleheadfunkopop

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon May 31, 2021 12:36 am

Ratattack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Same here ... I'm wondering how the cans will look next to all of the others ... lol.

Yes! I also wonder how they're gonna release them, if it will be a surprise drop or if they'll announce it before since there are many items (in the same Alice collection).

I’m so nervous about this also. Will they drop the pops first and the sodas another day? If everything is dropped at once I will panic trying to add everything. Also, will it be announced or be one of the surprise drops they’ve been doing lately?

That's what I'm iffy about, is if it will be an announced drop or random :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 31, 2021 1:48 am

NickR2012 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I’m so nervous about this also. Will they drop the pops first and the sodas another day? If everything is dropped at once I will panic trying to add everything. Also, will it be announced or be one of the surprise drops they’ve been doing lately?

My guess is all together ... but I've been known to guess C on multiple choice tests and have missed many questions ... lol.

Yes, I also think all together, since it's a collection, but who knows really? And also wondering on quantity... Because 1 of each per person will give us more chances of actually getting what we want, but less chance of chases... The dilemma ;-)

Oh that dilemma, I'm on the fence now also thinking about that.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon May 31, 2021 12:55 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:Ooh! Maybe the Loki chase could be Lady Loki :-k

That's a fantastic idea. If she makes an appearance in the new series...

I heard there will be many Lokis from the multiverse making an appearance. So here is to hoping she does cause that would be epic! :bounce:

Oooh, that's exciting \:D/
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon May 31, 2021 12:56 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:That would be SO cool! Have we had any chases that were so different from the common? I feel like the Marvel sodas are the only ones that have had different molds, but it could be just that it's too late at night to be thinking about these things! lol

There's been a few that differ. Miguel is probably the most recent (and the one in my current sight line lol) Speed Racer with/without helmet, Professor Owl, a few with different hand items (Chester Cheetos, Snake Plissken, HR Pufnstuf) — those are the ones off the top of my head

I definitely enjoy when the molds are different for chases. Those are my favorite!

Yeah, it's definitely better when they're visually different looking. But I also love my flocked and glow figures
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon May 31, 2021 5:17 pm

Was able to snag the Space ghost, Young frankenstein, Evil dead and Corpse Bride before they sold out. The sodas are getting harder and harder to get. Can't even imagine how hard it will be to get the SDCC exclusive sodas ](*,)
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:Multiple of the same release, or different versions? Or both?

Ooh! Maybe the Loki chase could be Lady Loki :-k

It's Loki. I legit feel like anything can happen in this series! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 31, 2021 11:18 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would be SO cool! Have we had any chases that were so different from the common? I feel like the Marvel sodas are the only ones that have had different molds, but it could be just that it's too late at night to be thinking about these things! lol

There's been a few that differ. Miguel is probably the most recent (and the one in my current sight line lol) Speed Racer with/without helmet, Professor Owl, a few with different hand items (Chester Cheetos, Snake Plissken, HR Pufnstuf) — those are the ones off the top of my head

All great examples - see what happens when I try to think late at night? lol I do think, generally, that the Marvel sodas have been pretty consistently different with their molds - Scarlet Witch is the first one, off the top of my head, that just went with GITD rather than a different mold. I really appreciate the differences, and hope they continue really mixing it up with them! Especially if they go so wildly different with Loki and chase Loki!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 31, 2021 11:22 pm

Imagery wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Imagery wrote:There's been a few that differ. Miguel is probably the most recent (and the one in my current sight line lol) Speed Racer with/without helmet, Professor Owl, a few with different hand items (Chester Cheetos, Snake Plissken, HR Pufnstuf) — those are the ones off the top of my head

Bizarro and El Kabong i think are the 2 most drastic changes from common to chase.

It was late, but I knew I was forgetting more lol

Well, you remembered more than I did! Most of the very different sodas are the ones that I didn't go for, so no wonder I didn't realize how different they were! I try really hard to only go for sodas I feel strongly about, and leave the rest of them for the collectors that love them! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
It's not soda, but it just happened to us with the Funko-Shop Stitch :). We were prepared to buy one on eBay.

Same, actually! Mostly struck out this week with sodas, but Stitch came through for me in the end!

Though I shouldn't say I struck out, I did get lucky with a Mickey restock. And I snagged the Venkman soda, so I guess 2 out of 3 this week isn't all that bad! :cheers:

That's fantastic! =D>

Thanks! Passed him on to his forever home today, he was bought as a thank you present for another Funatic that missed him. Common, unfortunately, but can't win everything, right?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 31, 2021 11:46 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:

I heard there will be many Lokis from the multiverse making an appearance. So here is to hoping she does cause that would be epic! :bounce:

Some days, you just say the BEST THINGS! \:D/

Now we just need that to shift over to Funko products! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:13 am

supertoygiant wrote:Was able to snag the Space ghost, Young frankenstein, Evil dead and Corpse Bride before they sold out. The sodas are getting harder and harder to get. Can't even imagine how hard it will be to get the SDCC exclusive sodas ](*,)

Probably only the super limited pieces like the past few virtual cons.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:27 am

NickR2012 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
Yes! I also wonder how they're gonna release them, if it will be a surprise drop or if they'll announce it before since there are many items (in the same Alice collection).

And also if it will be limited to 1? And less chance of chases...

Try that! Do we have the LE count for the Alice SODAs? #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:30 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

My guess is all together ... but I've been known to guess C on multiple choice tests and have missed many questions ... lol.

I have a feeling they’ll be doing that. 8-[ I was looking at the release for some of the preordered Alice pops and they are slated for mid to late July. I wonder if they’ll drop everything else around that time. #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:32 am

NickR2012 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Yes, I also think all together, since it's a collection, but who knows really? And also wondering on quantity... Because 1 of each per person will give us more chances of actually getting what we want, but less chance of chases... The dilemma ;-)

If they limit the SODAs to one, those chases will be highly coveted :-s

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:34 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

That's what I'm iffy about, is if it will be an announced drop or random :-k :-k :-k

I’m hoping for random so some of us at least have a chance. If they announce it ahead of time, then it will most likely be an instant sell out ](*,)

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:35 am

digithor wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I’ve been on high alert. I can’t with the anticipation :eek:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:36 am

Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:There's been a few that differ. Miguel is probably the most recent (and the one in my current sight line lol) Speed Racer with/without helmet, Professor Owl, a few with different hand items (Chester Cheetos, Snake Plissken, HR Pufnstuf) — those are the ones off the top of my head

I definitely enjoy when the molds are different for chases. Those are my favorite!

Yeah, it's definitely better when they're visually different looking. But I also love my flocked and glow figures

Ooh! I’ve yet to own a flocked SODA. Maybe, Fruit Brute will be the first!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:38 am

supertoygiant wrote:Was able to snag the Space ghost, Young frankenstein, Evil dead and Corpse Bride before they sold out. The sodas are getting harder and harder to get. Can't even imagine how hard it will be to get the SDCC exclusive sodas ](*,)

Oh wow! Congratulations! Hope you score the chases!

And I completely forgot about the SDCC SODAs. I believe if they have any planned, they will be gone so quickly! 8-[

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:

Come on kid Loki, make an appearance! [-o<

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:41 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:That would be SO cool! Have we had any chases that were so different from the common? I feel like the Marvel sodas are the only ones that have had different molds, but it could be just that it's too late at night to be thinking about these things! lol

All great examples - see what happens when I try to think late at night? lol I do think, generally, that the Marvel sodas have been pretty consistently different with their molds - Scarlet Witch is the first one, off the top of my head, that just went with GITD rather than a different mold. I really appreciate the differences, and hope they continue really mixing it up with them! Especially if they go so wildly different with Loki and chase Loki!

I hadn’t noticed that pattern. But you’re right, even Iron Man has a different mold. :-k

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:42 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:That's a fantastic idea. If she makes an appearance in the new series...

Just one more week and we’ll find out! :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:44 am

digithor wrote:

Probably only the super limited pieces like the past few virtual cons.

I wonder how many, and if any will be shared with retailers this go round. :-k

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Ratattack wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I’m hoping for random so some of us at least have a chance. If they announce it ahead of time, then it will most likely be an instant sell out ](*,)

FACTS :thumbright: =D> :thumbright: =D> :thumbright: =D>
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:20 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:That's a fantastic idea. If she makes an appearance in the new series...

So very many good options here. Maybe we'll get lucky, and more they announce multiple Loki sodas? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:32 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hadn’t noticed that pattern. But you’re right, even Iron Man has a different mold. :-k

Well, partially right, anyway! Scarlet Witch and Shang-Chi are GITD chases, so they break the pattern. Not everything has to be wildly different, I just really enjoy it when it's super obvious if you got the common or the chase. Much less thinking involved! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:33 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

](*,) I can't wait, why isn't it tonight/tomorrow?! But yes, 1 week til the start of some really cool things! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:29 am

Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I’ve been on high alert. I can’t with the anticipation :eek:

Except for today. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:49 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

So very many good options here. Maybe we'll get lucky, and more they announce multiple Loki sodas? \:D/

The anticipation will end next week! Can’t wait! \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:51 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, partially right, anyway! Scarlet Witch and Shang-Chi are GITD chases, so they break the pattern. Not everything has to be wildly different, I just really enjoy it when it's super obvious if you got the common or the chase. Much less thinking involved! \:D/

I was just thinking this when I was opening the Pan’s Labyrinth sodas the other day. Everytime, I wonder which version I got. I had to make sure to look at the disc after opening the bag. I usually keep the disc away to keep the mystery alive until I open the bag lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

](*,) I can't wait, why isn't it tonight/tomorrow?! But yes, 1 week til the start of some really cool things! :cheers:

It’s going to be a bit weird with the show airing on Wednesday-Thursday.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:54 am

digithor wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:

Except for today. lol

Clearly I need to add Tuesday to the mix ](*,)

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:07 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Well, if they hold to their pattern, we won't get a soda announcement until toward the end of the season. Either last or 2nd to last episode. But again, with Loki, who knows? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:10 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I was just thinking this when I was opening the Pan’s Labyrinth sodas the other day. Everytime, I wonder which version I got. I had to make sure to look at the disc after opening the bag. I usually keep the disc away to keep the mystery alive until I open the bag lol

I don't look at the pog either, until I get a good look at the soda inside the bag! I feel like it draws out the fun just a little bit longer. Though lately just getting the cans to open has been drawing out the fun, I am having a heck of a time getting them open!

Now that I think about it though, I probably could give myself a pass on those GITD sodas though, not like I can tell right away! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 am

Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Except for today. lol

Did I miss a soda drop today? ](*,) I can only stalk the internet so much from work....argh!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:31 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:
Except for today. lol

Did I miss a soda drop today? ](*,) I can only stalk the internet so much from work....argh!

No, you did not.
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:04 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, if they hold to their pattern, we won't get a soda announcement until toward the end of the season. Either last or 2nd to last episode. But again, with Loki, who knows? lol

Darn it. You’re so right. We definitely don’t want spoilers.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:06 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

I don't look at the pog either, until I get a good look at the soda inside the bag! I feel like it draws out the fun just a little bit longer. Though lately just getting the cans to open has been drawing out the fun, I am having a heck of a time getting them open!

Now that I think about it though, I probably could give myself a pass on those GITD sodas though, not like I can tell right away! lol

Bring your black light! :bounce:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:08 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:
Except for today. lol

No soda drop, but the Seinfeld FS exclusives dropped Tuesday. No day is safe any more :-s

I did see something about the Qwake SODA being available on FS only. Not sure if there is any truth to that, but I haven’t seen any other retailers put up preorders.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:08 am

philipali wrote:
Brian@Funko wrote:Huge huge SODA reveals on FunTV tonight. Stay till the end.

When is the next FunTV Brian? :D

Hopefully SOOOOOOOOOOOON

We love FunkoFUNTV!!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:31 pm

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would be awesome [-o< =D> [-o< =D> [-o< =D>

Return to “Soda”