Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
muscleheadfunkopop

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:36 pm

philipali wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
philipali wrote:
When is the next FunTV Brian? :D

Hopefully SOOOOOOOOOOOON

We love FunkoFUNTV!!

Last FFTV was =D> =D> =D> Each episode gets better and better. I hope that this show doesn't get canceled by the network. The writers and actors are doing a great job. :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:01 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Clearly I need to add Tuesday to the mix ](*,)

Did I miss a soda drop today? ](*,) I can only stalk the internet so much from work....argh!

No, you did not.

Well that's a relief! The mad scramble lately after an announcement is exhausting! Though that victorious feeling when I succeed at getting a preorder sure is nice! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:42 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
The anticipation will end next week! Can’t wait! \:D/

Well, if they hold to their pattern, we won't get a soda announcement until toward the end of the season. Either last or 2nd to last episode. But again, with Loki, who knows? lol

Darn it. You’re so right. We definitely don’t want spoilers.

Really not! I almost went to the comics to see what I could expect, but I want to be able to enjoy every surprise and twist the series gives me! And then to be thrilled with the funko announcements that correlate to the series!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:44 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
I was just thinking this when I was opening the Pan’s Labyrinth sodas the other day. Everytime, I wonder which version I got. I had to make sure to look at the disc after opening the bag. I usually keep the disc away to keep the mystery alive until I open the bag lol

I don't look at the pog either, until I get a good look at the soda inside the bag! I feel like it draws out the fun just a little bit longer. Though lately just getting the cans to open has been drawing out the fun, I am having a heck of a time getting them open!

Now that I think about it though, I probably could give myself a pass on those GITD sodas though, not like I can tell right away! lol

Bring your black light! :bounce:

I can honestly say, pre-Funko, I would never have typed "Always! Where would I be without my black light" for any reason! Ah, the paths Funko products take me down! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:50 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Come on kid Loki, make an appearance! [-o<

So very many good options here. Maybe we'll get lucky, and more they announce multiple Loki sodas? \:D/

That would be awesome [-o< =D> [-o< =D> [-o< =D>

And so expensive...and so worth it! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:01 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Did I miss a soda drop today? ](*,) I can only stalk the internet so much from work....argh!

No, you did not.

Well that's a relief! The mad scramble lately after an announcement is exhausting! Though that victorious feeling when I succeed at getting a preorder sure is nice! :cheers:

Mad scramble on some days indeed, I've missed out on most of the pre-orders of these newer sodas though. Just have to wait and pick them up later on.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:31 am

digithor wrote:
Mad scramble on some days indeed, I've missed out on most of the pre-orders of these newer sodas though. Just have to wait and pick them up later on.

it has been nuts how they have been selling out lately. but on the bright side, if you are only after the commons most are available below retail not long after release because of all the chase hunters loading up on them early.

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:05 am

philipali wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Hopefully SOOOOOOOOOOOON

We love FunkoFUNTV!!

Last FFTV was =D> =D> =D> Each episode gets better and better. I hope that this s

They are definitely doing a great job!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:44 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:Ooh! Maybe the Loki chase could be Lady Loki :-k

That's a fantastic idea. If she makes an appearance in the new series...

It's Loki. I legit feel like anything can happen in this series! lol

This is absolutely true!
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:49 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:That would be SO cool! Have we had any chases that were so different from the common? I feel like the Marvel sodas are the only ones that have had different molds, but it could be just that it's too late at night to be thinking about these things! lol

There's been a few that differ. Miguel is probably the most recent (and the one in my current sight line lol) Speed Racer with/without helmet, Professor Owl, a few with different hand items (Chester Cheetos, Snake Plissken, HR Pufnstuf) — those are the ones off the top of my head

All great examples - see what happens when I try to think late at night? lol I do think, generally, that the Marvel sodas have been pretty consistently different with their molds - Scarlet Witch is the first one, off the top of my head, that just went with GITD rather than a different mold. I really appreciate the differences, and hope they continue really mixing it up with them! Especially if they go so wildly different with Loki and chase Loki!

Yeah, very much looking forward to what they do and hope they pick back up the trend of different molds for the Marvel Soda. [-o<
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:51 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:Bizarro and El Kabong i think are the 2 most drastic changes from common to chase.

It was late, but I knew I was forgetting more lol

Well, you remembered more than I did! Most of the very different sodas are the ones that I didn't go for, so no wonder I didn't realize how different they were! I try really hard to only go for sodas I feel strongly about, and leave the rest of them for the collectors that love them! \:D/

That's a great way to collect. I've been near complete, but that's also because I love all the figures. I'm gonna have to call it at some point, but I'm not looking forward to that day

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:54 am

Ratattack wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:I definitely enjoy when the molds are different for chases. Those are my favorite!

Yeah, it's definitely better when they're visually different looking. But I also love my flocked and glow figures

Ooh! I’ve yet to own a flocked SODA. Maybe, Fruit Brute will be the first!

I love the flocked Soda. I regularly take Muttley with me places and Bob Ross' fuzzy afro is awesome

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:57 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:That's a fantastic idea. If she makes an appearance in the new series...

It's Loki. I legit feel like anything can happen in this series! lol

Come on kid Loki, make an appearance! [-o<

So many possibilities :drunken:

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:01 am

Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:I heard there will be many Lokis from the multiverse making an appearance. So here is to hoping she does cause that would be epic! :bounce:

Some days, you just say the BEST THINGS! \:D/
Now we just need that to shift over to Funko products! :cheers:

Just one more week and we’ll find out! :bounce:

Assuming they'll trickle them out like they did with Scarlet Witch. Will be interesting to see how it all starts

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:08 am

Katers wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:All great examples - see what happens when I try to think late at night? lol I do think, generally, that the Marvel sodas have been pretty consistently different with their molds - Scarlet Witch is the first one, off the top of my head, that just went with GITD rather than a different mold. I really appreciate the differences, and hope they continue really mixing it up with them! Especially if they go so wildly different with Loki and chase Loki!

I hadn’t noticed that pattern. But you’re right, even Iron Man has a different mold. :-k

Well, partially right, anyway! Scarlet Witch and Shang-Chi are GITD chases, so they break the pattern. Not everything has to be wildly different, I just really enjoy it when it's super obvious if you got the common or the chase. Much less thinking involved! \:D/

I would've liked if the Scarlet Witch chase had been the Halloween outfit

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:31 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

it has been nuts how they have been selling out lately. but on the bright side, if you are only after the commons most are available below retail not long after release because of all the chase hunters loading up on them early.

Hah, that's the best part of liking the commons more. Also allows some customization at a nicely cheaper price.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:14 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
No, you did not.

My backup plan is always to try and get them in Hollywood, but then I have busy periods where I don't make it up there, and it makes me a little crazy! Gonna have to plan a trip soon to see what's in stock!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:18 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

That is indeed a serious bright side! Picked up a Chester Cheetah last month on a bit of a whim just because he was a bargain! Also so very nice when there's no pressure to get the chase, and you can just enjoy the beauty of the figure!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:20 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:There's been a few that differ. Miguel is probably the most recent (and the one in my current sight line lol) Speed Racer with/without helmet, Professor Owl, a few with different hand items (Chester Cheetos, Snake Plissken, HR Pufnstuf) — those are the ones off the top of my head

All great examples - see what happens when I try to think late at night? lol I do think, generally, that the Marvel sodas have been pretty consistently different with their molds - Scarlet Witch is the first one, off the top of my head, that just went with GITD rather than a different mold. I really appreciate the differences, and hope they continue really mixing it up with them! Especially if they go so wildly different with Loki and chase Loki!

Yeah, very much looking forward to what they do and hope they pick back up the trend of different molds for the Marvel Soda. [-o<

Yes! As much as I'd love a Scarlet Witch chase soda, I don't need her nearly as much as I've needed other Marvel sodas. Which is unlike me, since I'm such a sucker for GITD! But since that's the only distinguishing feature, it's not as high a priority, I guess. Don't get me wrong, still hoping one of my preorders for her delivers a nice surprise! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:22 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:It was late, but I knew I was forgetting more lol

Well, you remembered more than I did! Most of the very different sodas are the ones that I didn't go for, so no wonder I didn't realize how different they were! I try really hard to only go for sodas I feel strongly about, and leave the rest of them for the collectors that love them! \:D/

That's a great way to collect. I've been near complete, but that's also because I love all the figures. I'm gonna have to call it at some point, but I'm not looking forward to that day

I stand in awe of the soda completionists! :notworthy: Too much stress for me to do that, I'd make myself crazy (crazier??) lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:23 am

Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
Katers wrote:Some days, you just say the BEST THINGS! \:D/
Now we just need that to shift over to Funko products! :cheers:

Just one more week and we’ll find out! :bounce:

Assuming they'll trickle them out like they did with Scarlet Witch. Will be interesting to see how it all starts

I would be perfectly happy if they give me a different Loki soda each week! No pressure though! lol
Image ImageImage Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:07 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

My backup plan is always to try and get them in Hollywood, but then I have busy periods where I don't make it up there, and it makes me a little crazy! Gonna have to plan a trip soon to see what's in stock!

I'm thinking of making a day trip in August to Funko Hollywood. Gotta see how SDCC...smh
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:12 am

Now on the hunt for the Witch

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:02 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I can imagine how exciting it is to visit that store, apart from the parking and driving time depending on where you are. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:43 pm

digithor wrote:
I can imagine how exciting it is to visit that store, apart from the parking and driving time depending on where you are. lol

and waiting in a line around the block.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:18 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

Low tier training for the all mighty of cons. That just made me think funko should make sodas for "Line starts here" "Line ends here" people. lol
ImageImageImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:22 am

digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

Low tier training for the all mighty of cons. That just made me think funko should make sodas for "Line starts here" "Line ends here" people. lol

lol lol lol No hall H lines!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:02 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I'm thinking of making a day trip in August to Funko Hollywood. Gotta see how SDCC...smh

So, Funatic meet up in Hollywood in August? Sounds like a party! Plenty of snacks and SODAS! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:08 am

digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

SDCC exclusive sodas! I would absolutely purchase those, they'd match the shirts they sold last year during the virtual con!

The store is absolutely a major happy place. The parking is hit or miss depending on how well the validation works that day - some days it works well, and some days my parking is ridiculous! And of course, traffic in LA is always fun. Still worth the trip though!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 am

I hope we see plenty of New ones for SDCC!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 am

FunkoAlphaBravo wrote:I hope we see plenty of New ones for SDCC!

I am sure there will be as the soda line has got more popular over the last year. Hoping there is nothing too limited this time.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:02 am

Can't wait for more Sodas... Are we having Fundays Soda this year?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:31 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:All great examples - see what happens when I try to think late at night? lol I do think, generally, that the Marvel sodas have been pretty consistently different with their molds - Scarlet Witch is the first one, off the top of my head, that just went with GITD rather than a different mold. I really appreciate the differences, and hope they continue really mixing it up with them! Especially if they go so wildly different with Loki and chase Loki!

Yes! As much as I'd love a Scarlet Witch chase soda, I don't need her nearly as much as I've needed other Marvel sodas. Which is unlike me, since I'm such a sucker for GITD! But since that's the only distinguishing feature, it's not as high a priority, I guess. Don't get me wrong, still hoping one of my preorders for her delivers a nice surprise! \:D/

I kept missing out on her so really hoping a local shop will get her in the coming weeks when stores reopen. Otherwise, I'll be hitting the secondary market. But totally agree, there's a list of Marvel Soda I'd like to add to the collection

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:32 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Well, you remembered more than I did! Most of the very different sodas are the ones that I didn't go for, so no wonder I didn't realize how different they were! I try really hard to only go for sodas I feel strongly about, and leave the rest of them for the collectors that love them! \:D/

I stand in awe of the soda completionists! :notworthy: Too much stress for me to do that, I'd make myself crazy (crazier??) lol

I think the most stressful moments is when they announce the new Soda waves, but I try to take the actual collecting in stride

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Ratattack wrote:Just one more week and we’ll find out! :bounce:

I would be perfectly happy if they give me a different Loki soda each week! No pressure though! lol

I don't think I could handle that much fire lol

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 pm

Katers wrote:
Katers wrote:

So, Funatic meet up in Hollywood in August? Sounds like a party! Plenty of snacks and SODAS! lol

Yeeeeeeeah Buddy. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:24 am

philipali wrote:Can't wait for more Sodas... Are we having Fundays Soda this year?

That would be such an amazing party, I really hope this happens! Maybe this would be where we see the soda 6-packs? :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:30 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yeah, very much looking forward to what they do and hope they pick back up the trend of different molds for the Marvel Soda. [-o<

I kept missing out on her so really hoping a local shop will get her in the coming weeks when stores reopen. Otherwise, I'll be hitting the secondary market. But totally agree, there's a list of Marvel Soda I'd like to add to the collection

The Marvel line is getting better with each soda they release, I'm so looking forward to the line expanding. Other than Scarlet Witch, so far I've been really lucky with them, which of course adds to the fun for me! Fingers crossed for you and your local shop!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:33 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:That's a great way to collect. I've been near complete, but that's also because I love all the figures. I'm gonna have to call it at some point, but I'm not looking forward to that day

I think the most stressful moments is when they announce the new Soda waves, but I try to take the actual collecting in stride

Those announcements are stressful and amazing all at the same time! Bring on the next round! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:34 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Assuming they'll trickle them out like they did with Scarlet Witch. Will be interesting to see how it all starts

I don't think I could handle that much fire lol

I'd certainly like to give it a try, though! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Soda”