Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Katers

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:23 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Oh, interesting choice. I was thinking the chase would be the sepia version like the different Pop versions.

This is why I love it in here, and Funko in general - there are so many good options! I would be totally fine with a sepia version of Peggy - as long as we get all the Peggys! \:D/

#PeggysFTW #AllthePeggys

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now this has me thinking....there better be more than 1 episode with Peggy in it to get us to #AllthePeggys !
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 am

philipali wrote:The Alice Drop happened and we got all of em! Hoping to get lucky with chases

Oh my goodness, that spinning blue circle is rapidly replacing my other spinning blue circle as an item of terror!

Managed to snag 1 of each of the sodas, and so glad I did! Wish I'd tried for 2 to help out friends though. Now to wait not so patiently for my shipping notification!
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:43 am

Katers wrote:
philipali wrote:The Alice Drop happened and we got all of em! Hoping to get lucky with chases

Oh my goodness, that spinning blue circle is rapidly replacing my other spinning blue circle as an item of terror!

Managed to snag 1 of each of the sodas, and so glad I did! Wish I'd tried for 2 to help out friends though. Now to wait not so patiently for my shipping notification!

I am so glad I am not fan of black light. I hope though that everyone who wanted these had a chance at them.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:20 am

Katers wrote:
mactds wrote:Excited for that Thor!

Really surprised they went black light on the chase for that though. I get it, black light is super popular right now, but I thought for sure Thor would go metallic. Will be okay with whichever the fates decree I should have if it's limited to 1, even if I like the symmetry of having the common and chase!

I am still trying to understand what people see in these black light figures. I just can't get into them. I am so glad for those that love them are getting a chance at them.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:25 am

Katers wrote:

Slap one of those spinning wheels into a soda can after todays excitement. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:02 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol.. definitely :) that ends our alice adventure.. now off to Funkoween? :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:37 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:This is why I love it in here, and Funko in general - there are so many good options! I would be totally fine with a sepia version of Peggy - as long as we get all the Peggys! \:D/

#PeggysFTW #AllthePeggys

Now this has me thinking....there better be more than 1 episode with Peggy in it to get us to #AllthePeggys !

Haha, agreed! Would love to see more Peggy Carter in MCU
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:41 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Generally agreed. Though there are rare occasions (Captain Carter!) when whatever happens in the show/movie doesn't matter, and I need the figure regardless! :cheers:

For sure. And then I have no problem with it. But when it hints or spoils a "secret" element, then it's annoying #-o

Yeah, I don't like spoilers, so I'll agree with you on that. There have been times when just the release of a product is enough to spoil something, and I hate it when that happens!

Exactly! There's a fine line to follow and it can suck when they cross it if you weren't already in the know. Luckily no Soda has really made this transgression... yet *knock on wood*
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Katers wrote:
See, now THAT makes sense! But I think we've established that Funko likes to keep us guessing with the picks, haven't we? lol

Truuuuuuuuu. I thought that we were able to determine what the chases would be...but that's a lie. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Most of the baddies for TMNT are blk light, but then Baxter is GITD. Then Ghostbusters are slimed, but the last 2 could have marshmallow on them :-k :-k :-k

I'm not sure I'll ever recover from the disappointment that Thor isn't flocked and GITD. But mostly flocked!

If you predicted correctly and the next 2 ghostbusters are marshmallowed, I will laugh so hard! And also ask you about lottery numbers! lol

lol lol lol We could split the lottery wins. I would have thought Thor would have been Metallic/GITD like Scareglow.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Katers wrote:

Congrats on getting what you got :) =D>
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:28 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Really surprised they went black light on the chase for that though. I get it, black light is super popular right now, but I thought for sure Thor would go metallic. Will be okay with whichever the fates decree I should have if it's limited to 1, even if I like the symmetry of having the common and chase!

I am still trying to understand what people see in these black light figures. I just can't get into them. I am so glad for those that love them are getting a chance at them.

I like the black light / day glow figures ... but in moderation. It was really cool when the first one came out ... even the second. But now they are all over the place. Let's slow it down a little and sprinkle them in here and there. :colors:
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:30 am

philipali wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh that's going to be more exciting for me, I think there was only 3 I was really interested in. Probably the most difficult also. :)
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:14 am

digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh that's going to be more exciting for me, I think there was only 3 I was really interested in. Probably the most difficult also. :)

Passed on the Pops but can't pass on the Sodas.. Really hoping to get the chase on these so i don't have to go to Ebay to complete the set
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:37 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I like the black light / day glow figures ... but in moderation. It was really cool when the first one came out ... even the second. But now they are all over the place. Let's slow it down a little and sprinkle them in here and there. :colors:

I could be wrong, but I have a hard time seeing myself get into the black light stuff.
Collecting since 2014

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:16 pm

MORE SODAS!!!!

1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:21 pm

supertoygiant wrote:MORE SODAS!!!!

Hell of a collection! I like that green specific soda shelf lol

The POP Lady
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby The POP Lady » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:43 pm

NickR2012 wrote:omg, been waiting for these for months!! And got SUPER lucky at Funko Hollywood (absolute struggle to get in and checkout with about 4hours of line) but maybe worth it this time? 4 chases out of 8 (but not all different!)

CONGRATULATIONS =D> =D> =D> They ARE STUNNING :love4: :love4: :love4:
2010 First POP!
2014 OLD Funko HQ Tour
2015 Toy Fair
2015 FDO NY
2015 #PopTwinsTuesday is BORN!
2015 NYCC
2016 Toy Fair
2016 Funatic of the Week
2016 NYCC
2017 Toy Fair
2017 FDO MD
2017 FDO NY
2017 NYCC
2017 Buys FUNKO Stock
2018 Making Fun Hollywood MOVIE Premiere
2018 Toy Fair
2018 FDO NY
2018 SDCC
2018 FIRST FUNKO FUNDAYS
2018 NYCC
2019 Toy Fair
2020 Toy Fair
2020 FUNTv Spotlight
2020 Funatic of the Month
2021 FUNKO HALL OF FAME :freddy2:

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:01 pm

:wwe12: :wwe12: :wwe12: Gotta love it!
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:20 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

For me personally, it's not about the black light effect, per se, but more the interesting colors that they come in instead of the usual colors. The Alice set was especially appealing to me because the colors were so unusual. If ever a movie just cried out for some strange and unusual colors for it's characters, it's this one! I was going to just get the Cheshire Cat originally, and I'm still glad I did. 2 of the sodas may end up making their way to a friend, I'm holding off until I see them in person!

I don't buy all the black light stuff though. The specific item has to call to me before I'm willing to :mir1: !
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:22 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

No kidding! So much more relaxing when it's something I don't need and I can sit back and watch the chaos!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:23 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:#PeggysFTW #AllthePeggys

Given how fabulous looking everything from What if! has already been looking, I can't wait to see what is still in the works. And I expect even bigger and better things for season 2 whenever that comes along!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:13 am

Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Truuuuuuuuu. I thought that we were able to determine what the chases would be...but that's a lie. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Most of the baddies for TMNT are blk light, but then Baxter is GITD. Then Ghostbusters are slimed, but the last 2 could have marshmallow on them :-k :-k :-k

I'm not sure I'll ever recover from the disappointment that Thor isn't flocked and GITD. But mostly flocked!

If you predicted correctly and the next 2 ghostbusters are marshmallowed, I will laugh so hard! And also ask you about lottery numbers! lol

lol lol lol We could split the lottery wins. I would have thought Thor would have been Metallic/GITD like Scareglow.

I might need those lottery wins, the way Funko is dropping amazing stuff lately! I cannot believe how many sodas I have on order right now!

Now if some of them could just ship out...! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:16 am

Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

For me personally, it's not about the black light effect, per se, but more the interesting colors that they come in instead of the usual colors. The Alice set was especially appealing to me because the colors were so unusual. If ever a movie just cried out for some strange and unusual colors for it's characters, it's this one! I was going to just get the Cheshire Cat originally, and I'm still glad I did. 2 of the sodas may end up making their way to a friend, I'm holding off until I see them in person!

I don't buy all the black light stuff though. The specific item has to call to me before I'm willing to :mir1: !

Seeing them in person, that's how it gets you. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:20 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:

Thanks! The victory felt good after a very long week! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:47 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Truer words have never been typed! lol
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:44 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Truer words have never been typed! lol

I just don't like how the colors look. But I am so glad for those that like them are getting them and are able to get at least some of the ones they want.
Collecting since 2014

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:42 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Given how fabulous looking everything from What if! has already been looking, I can't wait to see what is still in the works. And I expect even bigger and better things for season 2 whenever that comes along!

Agreed. Hopefully they transfer some more of these characters to the Soda form. I know he's not part of What If, but I'd love to see Capwolf in Soda form

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:46 pm

Wow, awesome display.
ImageImage
ImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:00 am

Katers wrote:
Katers wrote:

I might need those lottery wins, the way Funko is dropping amazing stuff lately! I cannot believe how many sodas I have on order right now!

Let's not talk about soda preorders ](*,) lol :(
Last edited by muscleheadfunkopop on Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:09 am

So when do we get to see tweedledum and tweedledee sodas? :)
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:06 am

digithor wrote:So when do we get to see tweedledum and tweedledee sodas? :)

i want to know when we get real versions and not the dang blacklights!

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:16 am

Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:

Thanks! The victory felt good after a very long week! :cheers:

so the next wait are the Funkoween Sodas right? :D can't wait for Freddy :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Classier wrote:I really love the new Thor Soda, hopefully I can actually get into that lottery for one… ](*,)

I'm hoping the same thing, but have to admit that my mom is going so I'm hoping she can get me one, fingers crossed.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:10 pm

Katers wrote:
Katers wrote:

Its weird how that goes, my mom ordered FunKon shirts and they were here the same week, I'm still waiting on an order from two weeks before.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:41 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I have a hard time seeing myself get into the black light stuff.

I do like the black light pops and do like Alice in Wonderland but I just couldn't pull the trigger, not with FunKon and hopefully BOF, hope I don't regret it.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

FUNKON 2021

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:45 pm

Lexi wrote:
I do like the black light pops and do like Alice in Wonderland but I just couldn't pull the trigger, not with FunKon and hopefully BOF, hope I don't regret it.

I usually just grab it if I have a good feeling about it, cause the chases get so wildly expensive, as for the Alice sodas specifically, I don't care which ones I get since they are just color swapped.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:11 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Lexi wrote:

I usually just grab it if I have a good feeling about it, cause the chases get so wildly expensive, as for the Alice sodas specifically, I don't care which ones I get since they are just color swapped.

True, true
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

FUNKON 2021

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote: lol lol lol We could split the lottery wins. I would have thought Thor would have been Metallic/GITD like Scareglow.

Its weird how that goes, my mom ordered FunKon shirts and they were here the same week, I'm still waiting on an order from two weeks before.

That's crazy. Shipping is like a hit or miss ;-) ;-) ;-)

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:48 pm

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's crazy. Shipping is like a hit or miss ;-) ;-) ;-)

Living on the east coast, I feel like everyone gets their stuff weeks before me :compress:
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:34 pm

The POP Lady wrote:
NickR2012 wrote:omg, been waiting for these for months!! And got SUPER lucky at Funko Hollywood (absolute struggle to get in and checkout with about 4hours of line) but maybe worth it this time? 4 chases out of 8 (but not all different!)

CONGRATULATIONS =D> =D> =D> They ARE STUNNING :love4: :love4: :love4:

Thanks a lot! Only Cheshire chase missing... and common queen of hearts, I hope will be there in my Funko.com order!
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

Return to “Soda”