Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
digithor

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:00 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:
I would expect it to go up also, little pricey at that point.

yup. i think the days of me buying almost every soda in a wave are over. just the must haves from now on.

Yeah indeed, be easier for some of us than for others.

Dsho333 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

yup. i think the days of me buying almost every soda in a wave are over. just the must haves from now on.

This is just funko shop price, I bet most shops will be around 13

We shall see.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:46 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:Great video, Zack! Loved seeing my first in hand look since my order doesn't arrive till Friday. Did you notice that instead of "Fruit" its "Frute"

I did! That's very weird. I've seen it used interchangeably a lot over the years but funny that now two soda cans have each spelling

I thought it was a spelling mistake initially until I googled it. I wonder what prompted Funko to use a different spelling for the flocked version

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:04 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:Great video, Zack! Loved seeing my first in hand look since my order doesn't arrive till Friday. Did you notice that instead of "Fruit" its "Frute"

I did! That's very weird. I've seen it used interchangeably a lot over the years but funny that now two soda cans have each spelling

I thought it was a spelling mistake initially until I googled it. I wonder what prompted Funko to use a different spelling for the flocked version

Could also be something internally they decided just to differentiate this version, or just a mistake.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:12 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Got my Funkoween stuff!!!!!!
Boo Berry is the standout but Chocula looks great in person too. Also like the slight changes to the cans

Now this is one cool video. Really good work. Keep up the good and fun videos. :freddy3:

-Looks like everyone is being impacted (restaurants prices are going up, fast food, gas, and even groceries are sky rocketing).
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:36 pm

For the first time in like a year and a half, there are now 3 (non-luchadore) sodas on the shop that didn't sell out immediately when put up.
Beast Boy, Venkmen and a restock on Deku.
People who buy cases must be wincing at the 90 buck cost for a case now, or casual people like me wanting 1 can each dont wanna spend 15 each and then shipping :(
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:07 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:For the first time in like a year and a half, there are now 3 (non-luchadore) sodas on the shop that didn't sell out immediately when put up.
People who buy cases must be wincing at the 90 buck cost for a case now, or casual people like me wanting 1 can each dont wanna spend 15 each and then shipping :(

Yep ... $90 for a case is pretty hefty. That's why I didn't buy Beast Boy today. Have a case of Venkman already on order from somewhere else for sixty something.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:50 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:For the first time in like a year and a half, there are now 3 (non-luchadore) sodas on the shop that didn't sell out immediately when put up.

Exactly, I don't think they would have stayed in stock if the price did not increase like it did.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:41 am

I really think this is a too big for their britches scenario and they thought they could get away with such a ridiculous increase because of the popularity of the soda. It pains me to say as I love soda but I truly hope people have enough sense to vote with their wallets against this crap.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:56 am

Some places up here are still on the old prices, trying to pick up a few before that gets raised.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:16 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

Also possibly the days of buying multiples just for fun! I told myself initially I'd be one and done regardless, then went to 2...and now it's definitely not just 2 for most of my must-haves! But may have to go back to that point for some of the lesser necessaries!

To be clear, I don't begrudge anyone needing to make a profit on their sales, and will continue to buy sodas. But maybe not 7 of the con sodas trying for my chase! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:38 am

digithor wrote:Some places up here are still on the old prices, trying to pick up a few before that gets raised.

If the store was already above the minimum price requirement they might not even increase

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:03 am

Katers wrote:
To be clear, I don't begrudge anyone needing to make a profit on their sales, and will continue to buy sodas. But maybe not 7 of the con sodas trying for my chase! lol

After seeing their earnings report and the 40% increase in sales I do, and this is coming from a stock holder in the company . This increase seems to be coming out of greed and not out of necessity .

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:53 pm

WOOOOOOOO
Patience paid off. Got this for a steal basically. Just have to do some shifting and selling to make it work. Will be in it about 40 bucks maybe.
I knew people would buy this up because of it being a low LE for NYCC and then fire sell because they don't care who it is.
Oh well, welcome home Bingo
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:23 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
WOOOOOOOO
Patience paid off. Got this for a steal basically. Just have to do some shifting and selling to make it work. Will be in it about 40 bucks maybe.
I knew people would buy this up because of it being a low LE for NYCC and then fire sell because they don't care who it is.

you made a plan and you stuck it, happy to see you land a great soda! congrats =D> =D>

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:52 pm

WOOOOOOOO

Now that is a great plan. Welcome home Bingo! Congrats. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:07 pm

"Oh I'm feeling GOOOOD today, Mikey!" :)
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:14 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:"Oh I'm feeling GOOOOD today, Mikey!" :)

Congrats!

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:14 pm

WOOOOOOOO

Congrats!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:49 pm

Just posted a Soda common pick-4 giveaway over in the giveaway section of the boards! Go check it out and enter!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Aspring Funko artist!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:36 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:

After seeing their earnings report and the 40% increase in sales I do, and this is coming from a stock holder in the company . This increase seems to be coming out of greed and not out of necessity .

That does bring up an interesting point.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:08 am

digithor wrote:That does bring up an interesting point.

i knew if anybody would understand, it'd be my late night posting buddy!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:20 am

digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:

That is a tough pill to swallow for sure :/
Aspring Funko artist!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:50 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, I did say making a profit, not price gouging. lol

It does seem rather high though, considering what the price increase for pops was.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:53 am

thefunkohunko wrote:"Oh I'm feeling GOOOOD today, Mikey!" :)
Spoiler: show

That is a beautiful pair, congrats on the lucky pull! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:00 am

thefunkohunko wrote:
digithor wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

It's definitely giving me pause right now. I almost bought a Venkman soda on Funko shop the other day, but then I realized how much it would be plus shipping, and went back to work instead.

We'll see what happens when it's a must-have though. I doubt I'll pause....mostly I'll just make a face when I see the total after I've clicked purchase!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:02 am

thefunkohunko wrote:Just posted a Soda common pick-4 giveaway over in the giveaway section of the boards! Go check it out and enter!

That's very cool of you, thanks for the fun giveaway! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:11 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:That does bring up an interesting point.

i knew if anybody would understand, it'd be my late night posting buddy!

You got that right. :occasion5:

Katers wrote:
thefunkohunko wrote:
digithor wrote:

It's definitely giving me pause right now. I almost bought a Venkman soda on Funko shop the other day, but then I realized how much it would be plus shipping, and went back to work instead.

We'll see what happens when it's a must-have though. I doubt I'll pause....mostly I'll just make a face when I see the total after I've clicked purchase!

That's the same as how I felt for the sully soda.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:32 am

digithor wrote:It's definitely giving me pause right now. I almost bought a Venkman soda on Funko shop the other day, but then I realized how much it would be plus shipping, and went back to work instead.

That's the same as how I felt for the sully soda.[/quote]

I don't think I even have a Sully soda on order right now, he sold out so fast everywhere. If he doesn't happen for me, I'll survive...or, if I have one of him on order somewhere that I've forgotten, I'll be pleasantly surprised! Or I'll have to hope he's still in store the next time I do a Hollywood run.

I think the real issue will be the next round of soda announcements and preorders!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:10 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:It's definitely giving me pause right now. I almost bought a Venkman soda on Funko shop the other day, but then I realized how much it would be plus shipping, and went back to work instead.

I don't think I even have a Sully soda on order right now, he sold out so fast everywhere. If he doesn't happen for me, I'll survive...or, if I have one of him on order somewhere that I've forgotten, I'll be pleasantly surprised! Or I'll have to hope he's still in store the next time I do a Hollywood run.

I think the real issue will be the next round of soda announcements and preorders![/quote]

Just watch for that random shipping email. lol

Yeah, the next round of soda preorders. Not overly looking forward to seeing those, especially with christmas coming up.
ImageImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:42 am

digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:
Katers wrote:
I really love the look of him. Will count myself lucky if I snag one and call it done!

The international can thing is kinda confusing already... Hope they just get away with this completely...

Yeah, although I can see their reasoning from the business side of it though.

Yup... that part i understand but better just to keep it at one count overall :)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:47 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think the real issue will be the next round of soda announcements and preorders!

Just watch for that random shipping email. lol

Yeah, the next round of soda preorders. Not overly looking forward to seeing those, especially with christmas coming up.[/quote]

Glad i got my set of Sully Soda chase and regular! Love this version of Sully!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:32 am

philipali wrote:
digithor wrote:
philipali wrote:
The international can thing is kinda confusing already... Hope they just get away with this completely...

Yup... that part i understand but better just to keep it at one count overall :)

I think the reason for 2 "sets" is to keep the edition numbers down. Look at the sodas with high piece counts, they didn't sell as well as others and the chases aren't worth as much. But if they had split them I bet they would've sold better.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:41 am

Dsho333 wrote:
philipali wrote:
digithor wrote:

I think the reason for 2 "sets" is to keep the edition numbers down. Look at the sodas with high piece counts, they didn't sell as well as others and the chases aren't worth as much. But if they had split them I bet they would've sold better.

i agree with this marketing approach but consumers are smart now and they realize that... but it is what it is.. i just hope they revisit it soon
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:38 am

philipali wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
philipali wrote:

i agree with this marketing approach but consumers are smart now and they realize that... but it is what it is.. i just hope they revisit it soon

But the whole point is that US sodas don't need to go overseas and vice versa but it's because of retailers shipping from overseas to the US that it's messing it up, maybe demand for sodas overseas isn't as big as the allocation they get, so it should probably be reduced

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:41 am

Dsho333 wrote:
philipali wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

But the whole point is that US sodas don't need to go overseas and vice versa but it's because of retailers shipping from overseas to the US that it's messing it up, maybe demand for sodas overseas isn't as big as the allocation they get, so it should probably be reduced

Sodas are in demand here overseas! Ever since sodas were launched here we have been paying a hefty price... Retail for sodas for international customers is at $25 .... that's double the US cost (prior to price increase to $15)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:43 pm

philipali wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Sodas are in demand here overseas! Ever since sodas were launched here we have been paying a hefty price... Retail for sodas for international customers is at $25 .... that's double the US cost (prior to price increase to $15)

Seems like Funko needs to send some of their Europe Funko store to the Philippines since it seems like they never sell out

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:05 pm

there was another general mills drop D: I WAS SLEEPING *sob* still haven't gotten any of the 3 XD
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:47 am

philipali wrote:Glad i got my set of Sully Soda chase and regular! Love this version of Sully!

Congrats on the set! That flocked Sully is just beautiful, and my favorite color! Since I can't figure out if I ordered any of him or not, I just did a late order for 2. Fingers crossed that I get lucky with this one...he's a must have!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:52 am

RedRoo wrote:there was another general mills drop D: I WAS SLEEPING *sob* still haven't gotten any of the 3 XD

I feel ya! I checked the site about 10 minutes before the restocked, and then went into a meeting. Came out to so many notifications on my phone...all telling me I shouldn't have gone to the meeting! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:55 am

Katers wrote:
RedRoo wrote:there was another general mills drop D: I WAS SLEEPING *sob* still haven't gotten any of the 3 XD

I feel ya! I checked the site about 10 minutes before the restocked, and then went into a meeting. Came out to so many notifications on my phone...all telling me I shouldn't have gone to the meeting! lol

Ah that random restock today! Just had to be boo also didn't it? If it was one of the other two then I wouldn't haven't minded as much. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Soda”