Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Mr Yac

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:46 am

digithor wrote:
Favorite? For me it's really close between the vampire and skeleton costume.

well the Mummy soda if i could only have one would be my choice, but they posted a video on their instagram and i'm sad the coolest one of all doesn't get a pop!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:24 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Just got an email from Funko with a survey about Funko Soda. It asked if I collect soda (yes), what is important to me about soda (it listed character choice, chase aspect, can design and low numbers as the 4 options to reorder) and what franchises I would like to see next.
Here is the list of franchises, some REALLY interesting highlights in there:
Spoiler: show
Music, Marvel, Video Games, TV/Movies, Anime, Disney/ Pixar, Television, Freddy Funko/ Fantastik Plastik/ Myths, Sci-Fi, Cartoon, Sports, DC, Animated Characters, Icons/ History, Ad Icons, Horror, Star Wars, Harry Potter/ Fantastic Beasts

A few franchises we havent seen yet but would love to see! It had me pick only one answer so I chose the Freddy/ Plastik/ Myths one. Any plastik character as a soda would send me over the moon

Loved that they sent out this survey! I picked Marvel, Tv, and Freddy as my options, hoping that my picks help us get some really cool things coming our way in the future! \:D/

I chose Star Wars, Disney, and Freddy :)

Hopefully all the things we're picking getting made! Love seeing Disney and more Freddy's, of course, but would love to see what they can do with Star Wars!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:29 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hrm that's neat to participate in, look forward to seeing a good amount of those franchises. Well besides having to find more room and wallet funds of course. lol

For the right character and design, room and wallet will always be accommodated! :mir1:

After today's review for halloween freddy nfts, that is the spot I am in. I am impressed with the designs they have for these cards and pops.

I'm so torn. I said I wasn't going to do the NFT thing, and then they go and drop a soda like that? ](*,)

The real question though, is....can I figure out how to do this?? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:44 pm

I'm just loving the classic animation (no surprise there--old guy--old cartoons). Popeye and chase are a must. Really love what they did with the chase; the twisty arm is iconic.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:03 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:
Favorite? For me it's really close between the vampire and skeleton costume.

well the Mummy soda if i could only have one would be my choice, but they posted a video on their instagram and i'm sad the coolest one of all doesn't get a pop!

That's a neat looking one, would look good in a transparent effect. Or of course glowing. lol

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
For the right character and design, room and wallet will always be accommodated! :mir1:

After today's review for halloween freddy nfts, that is the spot I am in. I am impressed with the designs they have for these cards and pops.

I'm so torn. I said I wasn't going to do the NFT thing, and then they go and drop a soda like that? ](*,)

The real question though, is....can I figure out how to do this?? lol

It's not that difficult, there is a good video from WAX I believe that makes it easy to start. Send me a message if you'd like some help.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:31 am

digithor wrote:It's not that difficult, there is a good video from WAX I believe that makes it easy to start. Send me a message if you'd like some help.

I appreciate the good thoughts, but I think you might be overestimating my skills! lol If I'm understanding this correctly though, even if we get through to purchase, we aren't guaranteed a soda? The things we go through for our love of soda!!
Image ImageImage Image

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Spooky Space Kook went on the shop today. Glad to see the name change from Space Ghost to Space Kook.

Also looks like the body is a molded glow vinyl and the orange parts are painted, looks amazing. Was worried it would be painted all over
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:19 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:It's not that difficult, there is a good video from WAX I believe that makes it easy to start. Send me a message if you'd like some help.

I appreciate the good thoughts, but I think you might be overestimating my skills! lol If I'm understanding this correctly though, even if we get through to purchase, we aren't guaranteed a soda? The things we go through for our love of soda!!

Ah, that is correct. Your chance of getting a soda if you get through is 0.6% from a pack. lol
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:48 pm

I put together a photo with all the Freddy Soda NFT cards. So out of the 10 figures (baseline, no color variants) we have 3 on the way!
Would love to see them all made and put together!!
Jekyll and Hyde would be an easy chase/ normal pair!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:32 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:I put together a photo with all the Freddy Soda NFT cards. So out of the 10 figures (baseline, no color variants) we have 3 on the way!

i really didn't want to get into this NFT junk... why do these have to be so awesome lol

so who wants to teach me where the heck i try and buy them? :roflmao:

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:11 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Image
I put together a photo with all the Freddy Soda NFT cards. So out of the 10 figures (baseline, no color variants) we have 3 on the way!

They did some nice designs on those, I would be happy to see them all turned into pops that we could get.
ImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:21 am

Mr Yac wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:I put together a photo with all the Freddy Soda NFT cards. So out of the 10 figures (baseline, no color variants) we have 3 on the way!

i really didn't want to get into this NFT junk... why do these have to be so awesome lol

so who wants to teach me where the heck i try and buy them? :roflmao:

Yes I can try and help! Ill PM you

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Ah, that is correct. Your chance of getting a soda if you get through is 0.6% from a pack. lol

Oof. Well, I've played worst odds! The Freddy sodas are just too cute to not try for it, I think! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:17 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:Yes I can try and help! Ill PM you

Thanks as always for being awesome friend!

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:09 pm

So, I finally took the plunge. After months and months of holding out, and limiting my Soda pieces to 9 figures, I just couldn't hold out any more. With Funko's pending release of Underdog and Popeye, I knew I had to get those. And if I'm getting those, then what about all those other Hanna Barbera characters I already passed on.

Within one week I acquired Quick Draw (both), Frank Jr. (both), Rosie (both), Secret Squirrel (chase), and Danger Mouse (both), Klondike Kat (regular), Quake (regular), and Quisp (regular). And I'll get Grape Ape and Jabberjaw when I can find them for the right price. And I pre-ordered Roger Ramjet from EE. Whew! I guess I have to find the room for them now. I'll post pics when I figure it out.

I have a couple of question as I'm new to trying to find Soda other than on ebay. With the pre-sales sold out, what's the best way to get Popeye and Underdog on the retail market? I trust Entertainment Earth and Fugitive Toys (I bought 3 of the above pieces from them), but there are other online retailers not known to me that had less than stellar reviews. So, where do you get your retail Soda? And when they are released do you think Entertainment Earth or Fugitive Toys will have them for sale? Thanks for the help.
Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:11 pm

Scotty wrote:
I have a couple of question as I'm new to trying to find Soda other than on ebay. With the pre-sales sold out, what's the best way to get Popeye and Underdog on the retail market? I trust Entertainment Earth and Fugitive Toys (I bought 3 of the above pieces from them), but there are other online retailers not known to me that had less than stellar reviews. So, where do you get your retail Soda? And when they are released do you think Entertainment Earth or Fugitive Toys will have them for sale? Thanks for the help.

I preorder most of my sodas from Poppin off toys, they have cheap shipping and usually sell out after the other stores do so they are easier to get, as for in store, FYE is the only store in my state that consistently has sodas but they go quick.

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:10 pm

Thanks for putting these together, fingers crossed at least a couple (if not all) make it into production!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I preorder most of my sodas from Poppin off toys, they have cheap shipping and usually sell out after the other stores do so they are easier to get, as for in store, FYE is the only store in my state that consistently has sodas but they go quick.

Thank you for the lead. I pre-ordered their last Popeye. Well, that's one at least.
Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:25 pm

Scotty wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Thank you for the lead. I pre-ordered their last Popeye. Well, that's one at least.

i've mentioned them before, but Bigbadtoystore usually has their sodas a bit longer than the other big sites since they tend to charge a dollar or 2 more. but they have good shipping prices so it tends to even out if you order a lot

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:48 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oof. Well, I've played worst odds! The Freddy sodas are just too cute to not try for it, I think! :mir1:

Then you see/hear about people opening multiple packs and getting grails and legendary cards in the same short time frame. :eek:
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:28 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Then you see/hear about people opening multiple packs and getting grails and legendary cards in the same short time frame. :eek:

So, something to look forward to, huh? lol

Hoping tomorrow is a soda-filled day for all of us! Good luck to everyone trying!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:08 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Hoping tomorrow is a soda-filled day for all of us! Good luck to everyone trying!

I opened a pack and had no soda inside, but still got some nice looking digitals from it.
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:12 pm

Might I have to grab that Wolfman Freddy. I was able to snag his card which was awesome. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:29 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

i've mentioned them before, but Bigbadtoystore usually has their sodas a bit longer than the other big sites since they tend to charge a dollar or 2 more. but they have good shipping prices so it tends to even out if you order a lot

Another good lead. I was able to pre-order Snorky. I've know about BBTS for a while but was always hesitant to order--not sure why.

Looks like Underdog is going to be a challenge.
Image Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:08 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I opened a pack and had no soda inside, but still got some nice looking digitals from it.

Congrats on the digitals, at least! I missed the drop - took my chances to go up to Hollywood since Boo Berry sold out in my cart. No luck for him in Hollywood, but did pick up Count, which I am very happy with! Hopefully the next drop day is kinder to us both! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:27 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Congrats on the digitals, at least! I missed the drop - took my chances to go up to Hollywood since Boo Berry sold out in my cart. No luck for him in Hollywood, but did pick up Count, which I am very happy with! Hopefully the next drop day is kinder to us both! [-o<

That boo berry managed to get away from me also, the one that I wanted the most.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:51 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

That boo berry managed to get away from me also, the one that I wanted the most.

Aw, sorry to hear that! Same, he was the one I wanted the most. Oh well...we'll get them next time, right? [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:19 pm

I watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back over the weekend and thought how cool it would be for them to be in Soda forms. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:38 pm

$3 increase on Soda ](*,)

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:28 pm

Mr Yac wrote:$3 increase on Soda ](*,)

Seems weird, does that mean con sodas will be 20? Thats gonna be rough

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:27 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

I just hope they don't increase the prices up here. we are already paying $20 for a soda.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:42 pm

willy wonka wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I just hope they don't increase the prices up here. we are already paying $20 for a soda.

I would expect it to go up also, little pricey at that point.
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:43 pm

digithor wrote:

yup. i think the days of me buying almost every soda in a wave are over. just the must haves from now on.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:22 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:

yup. i think the days of me buying almost every soda in a wave are over. just the must haves from now on.

This is just funko shop price, I bet most shops will be around 13

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:44 am

That is a bit of a hefty price jump! Still a decent value for what the product is but I can see folks getting a bit more choosey about what they pick up.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:09 pm

Got my Funkoween stuff!!!!!!
Boo Berry is the standout but Chocula looks great in person too. Also like the slight changes to the cans

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Boo Berry is the standout but Chocula looks great in person too. Also like the slight changes to the cans

Great video, Zack! Loved seeing my first in hand look since my order doesn't arrive till Friday. Did you notice that instead of "Fruit" its "Frute"
:freddy2:
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:18 pm

I was expecting the price hike but $3 for a soda...tough. I don't think I'm gonna be buying cases or any sodas at retail and will wait till they hit mercari or ebay moving forward.
:freddy2:
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:32 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:Great video, Zack! Loved seeing my first in hand look since my order doesn't arrive till Friday. Did you notice that instead of "Fruit" its "Frute"

I did! That's very weird. I've seen it used interchangeably a lot over the years but funny that now two soda cans have each spelling

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:22 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Another great video, great pulls. Keep ‘em coming :)

Return to “Soda”