Fabrications at Walgreens

Funko has gone soft on us! Soft as in plush toys that is, so grab a comfy toy or two and come talk to us about them. Plushes, Fabrikations, and Mopeez, oh my!
jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Fabrications at Walgreens

Postby jambes » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:29 pm

Just thought I would let everyone know Walgreen's is carrying them now! I did our Toy reset today and they are currently priced at 16.99. I'm not sure if smaller stores will be carrying them, my store in particular has a large toy set.

I've been waiting to use my mass of rewards points. This may be it for me! Just hoping we get a good variety and not the same ones over and over.

Crazypop20

Re: Fabrications at Walgreens

Postby Crazypop20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:34 pm

That's awesome, I heard somewhere they were getting the Rocket Racoon one for sure. Has your store recieved the exclusive Star wars Bobba Fett Figures or Marvel Agent Venom? I know people who were camping out at walgreens to get that bobba fett haha.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 pm

We got two Venoms in, but Boba Fett was completely dropped from our system. We where supposed to get him a few days ago but now the expected arrival is blank. I looked in our system and there are only two in all of Chicagoland, suburbs included. I think its about 400+ stores in that area. I don't think they anticipated the pre-orders. Its sold out on Walgreens.com also so that means there are none to even distribute to the stores, as far as I know. Hopefully someone up in the ladder will take it as a learning experience, I am pretty bummed myself.

Looking forward to Rocket though! I have yet to find any nearby retailers with them yet so that cutie is a definite for me!

Crazypop20

Postby Crazypop20 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:53 pm

hmmm that's strange, yeah Walgreens is just getting into the toy business so I am sure they were bound to make a few mistakes in the beginning especially because their exclusives so far have been very sought after items.

AbelBeja

Postby AbelBeja » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:31 am

Wait, Venom Fabrikation or something else?

Collection
Marvel: 141/157
Game of Thrones: 42/48
Star Wars: 51/61
The Walking Dead: 49/54

Proud owner of a 1/24 Heimdall Freddy!

Crazypop20

Postby Crazypop20 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:02 am

Something else, it's a 6 inch figure that hasbro makes.

Funko5ker

Postby Funko5ker » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:04 am

AbelBeja wrote:Wait, Venom Fabrikation or something else?

I think they're talking about the Hasbro figure. Though that would be awesome if Funko did come up with Venom pops & Fabrikations would be cool too!
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

AbelBeja

Postby AbelBeja » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:03 am

Funko5ker wrote:
AbelBeja wrote:Wait, Venom Fabrikation or something else?

I think they're talking about the Hasbro figure. Though that would be awesome if Funko did come up with Venom pops & Fabrikations would be cool too!

I'd love a Venom Fabrikation to cuddle at night lol

Collection
Marvel: 141/157
Game of Thrones: 42/48
Star Wars: 51/61
The Walking Dead: 49/54

Proud owner of a 1/24 Heimdall Freddy!

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:27 am

How cuddly are Fabrikations? They don't seem like they would be!

BrassPlushie

Postby BrassPlushie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:45 am

Well my walgreens, I say my but, it's technically just outside of my town; the one that is smaller and more central to my town only had one or two sons of Anarchy Pops that had been there a while. Granted that is the same place I bought my Nick Fury bobble head Pop.
Anyway the larger Walgreens that's just outside of town had 2 Rocket Racoons, 2 Bobba Fets and a Harley Quinn in addition to Pop Elsa, Anna and Olaf. I picked up Harley, Elsa and Anna over the last few weeks. This store also had Doctor Who figures, 11's sonic for 11 bucks and tons of MLP stuff. Walgreens is sort of a grab bag of goodies, but it's true the bigger the walgreens the better the toy section.

Neu_Funko

Postby Neu_Funko » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:55 pm

Venom Fabrication would be an instant buy for me. I was stoked when they released the venom pop, now just need a carnage and anti-venom to go with him

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:46 am

Wow that's awesome! I looked in the store finder- and it appears there is only one participating Walgreens in my city- but maybe there will be more.

Fabric Venom would be pretty cute...

Cornhusker
Hall of Fame Class of 2015
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby Cornhusker » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 pm

It's so disappointing that so many of the Walgreens will be closing soon.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:05 am

Cornhusker wrote:It's so disappointing that so many of the Walgreens will be closing soon.

Everyone that closes, another one will be opened

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:07 am

I wonder if that is because so many CVS have opened up...some on opposing corners.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:11 am

ShoMeNodder wrote:I wonder if that is because so many CVS have opened up...some on opposing corners.

The Walgreen's closings? To my understanding its because we have so many old stores where maintence is interfering with profit, or its been a few years and the location still hasn't picked up, etc. Its just cutting loses. My store doesn't have a CVS anywhere nearby but we have had 3 year road construction. Its hurt us so bad we break even after paying the rent. We will probably be one of those stores!

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:15 pm

jambes wrote:The Walgreen's closings? To my understanding its because we have so many old stores where maintence is interfering with profit, or its been a few years and the location still hasn't picked up, etc. Its just cutting loses. My store doesn't have a CVS anywhere nearby but we have had 3 year road construction. Its hurt us so bad we break even after paying the rent. We will probably be one of those stores!

Its sad but things like construction or new businesses affect older businesses. Here in Las Vegas we have 25+ Walgreens same with CVS lol they are a plenty and 7-11 are like chicken pox on a map!!

Do they place you in a new store if the one you are employed in closes??
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:22 pm

MorbidGee wrote:
jambes wrote:The Walgreen's closings? To my understanding its because we have so many old stores where maintence is interfering with profit, or its been a few years and the location still hasn't picked up, etc. Its just cutting loses. My store doesn't have a CVS anywhere nearby but we have had 3 year road construction. Its hurt us so bad we break even after paying the rent. We will probably be one of those stores!

Its sad but things like construction or new businesses affect older businesses. Here in Las Vegas we have 25+ Walgreens same with CVS lol they are a plenty and 7-11 are like chicken pox on a map!!

Do they place you in a new store if the one you are employed in closes??

Yeah at least in my position, they won't get rid if me. If anything everyone will just go to the new stores that will be opening.

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:38 pm

jambes wrote:Yeah at least in my position, they won't get rid if me. If anything everyone will just go to the new stores that will be opening.

Well that's great to hear, yet I hope you don't have to deal with a closing. Maybe that construction will end soon and you can see the sales improve :)
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

jandkstuff

Postby jandkstuff » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:34 pm

The Walgreens in my city all price their Funko items differently. It's really weird. You may see a Pop at one store for $7.99 then two miles down the road it is priced at $6.99 and then one mile down the road it is $8.49. I just don't get why there isn't any uniformity. You'd figure that since it was a chain they'd all be priced the same. Anyone else run into this?
Hi, I'm Karyn! Nice to meet you. :-)

Galacticat

Postby Galacticat » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Stores like Walgreens and Target price things differently (and even have difference clearances) depending on how fast the products move in their area (and sometimes based on how expensive their location is) IE Downtown locations are more expensive generally than neighborhood locations- but then the Clearance is usually WAY better since they like to move the merch faster.

Return to “Plush”