Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
rexflexall

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:29 pm

These ones will go like hotcakes!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:16 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:The most interesting part for me is that the final number of Pops that are redeemed won't be the total amount made and those extra Pops will be destroyed or never actually sold. There will be plenty of Mastery sets that aren't completed so the Freddy being LE 2,160 really might end up being a LE 1,500 or lower.

Have a slightly easier chance at obtaining a Legendary or Grail card compared to completing the 96 card set requirement for the Freddy. Most of the action will take place in the secondary market and via trades. Good luck!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:33 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:The most interesting part for me is that the final number of Pops that are redeemed won't be the total amount made and those extra Pops will be destroyed or never actually sold. There will be plenty of Mastery sets that aren't completed so the Freddy being LE 2,160 really might end up being a LE 1,500 or lower.

Have a slightly easier chance at obtaining a Legendary or Grail card compared to completing the 96 card set requirement for the Freddy. Most of the action will take place in the secondary market and via trades. Good luck!

Oh for sure, the problem is going to be "shelling out the dough" for each of the cards (pun intended) if you image each card to be 5 bucks (which won't happen) that's $480 bucks. On the secondary market the rares are gonna be hundreds.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:43 pm

Just a heads up, Funko is giving away two free promo cards for anyone who joins the stress test next week:

How to participate in the Digital POP! Stress Test on August 2nd

1. Create your WAX Cloud Wallet account prior to the day of the stress test at wallet.wax.io
2. Log in to your WAX Cloud Wallet
3. Join the Discord server a little before 2PM EDT on August 2nd and wait for the announcement that the Stress Test is beginning
4. We'll ping the server once the stress test begins (sometimes you can enter the queue early by clicking on the countdown timer under the pack)
5. Proceed through the queue and on the sales site click on "WAX" at the top left
6. Finish checking out and you should receive your Stress test promo pack delivered to your WAX Cloud wallet.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:47 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Oh for sure, the problem is going to be "shelling out the dough" for each of the cards (pun intended) if you image each card to be 5 bucks (which won't happen) that's $480 bucks. On the secondary market the rares are gonna be hundreds.

Nice pun, I can''t even imagine what unopened packs will go for... yikes lol. I got my FunKon lottery on my mind, but if I didn't I would attempt to make a purchase for the NFT TMNT series.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:50 pm

them odds is turrible. If the packs dont sell out, I will attempt to get some though.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Geescube wrote:them odds is turrible. If the packs dont sell out, I will attempt to get some though.

Who is your favorite turtle? I'll send you some dupes :)
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:07 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Geescube wrote:them odds is turrible. If the packs dont sell out, I will attempt to get some though.

Dunno if you'll believe, but always Raphael.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm

scullysdad wrote:Just a heads up, Funko is giving away two free promo cards for anyone who joins the stress test next week:

1. Create your WAX Cloud Wallet account prior to the day of the stress test at wallet.wax.io
3. Join the Discord server a little before 2PM EDT on August 2nd and wait for the announcement that the Stress Test is beginning
4. We'll ping the server once the stress test begins (sometimes you can enter the queue early by clicking on the countdown timer under the pack)
5. Proceed through the queue and on the sales site click on "WAX" at the top left
6. Finish checking out and you should receive your Stress test promo pack delivered to your WAX Cloud wallet.

I think they said in the Discord it is limited to 10,000 so be ready!
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:35 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

That gif is definitely me when reading this thread. I don't know the logistics...but tell me what I need to do to get the Freddy. lol lol lol
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:38 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

That gif is definitely me when reading this thread. I don't know the logistics...but tell me what I need to do to get the Freddy. lol lol lol

Get all 96 of the base set cards

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:40 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:That gif is definitely me when reading this thread. I don't know the logistics...but tell me what I need to do to get the Freddy. lol lol lol

Have deep pockets lol

I'm planning on buying 10 Premium packs (20 if I'm lucky) and will trade/buy the rest of the pieces I'm missing.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:46 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:That gif is definitely me when reading this thread. I don't know the logistics...but tell me what I need to do to get the Freddy. lol lol lol

Have deep pockets lol

I'm planning on buying 10 Premium packs (20 if I'm lucky) and will trade/buy the rest of the pieces I'm missing.

I'm curious if just trading all the base set to another person would get them the Freddy also?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Dsho333 wrote:I'm curious if just trading all the base set to another person would get them the Freddy also?

The same person can complete multiple sets, but there would only be 1 token attached to each complete set.

Since there are only 21,600 Epic cards the max number of sets will be 2,160. Not all these will be redeemed though so the final Freddy count will probably be much lower than that.

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:50 pm

I'm really excited for this release. There's so much potential now that Funko is tying physical to digital, and starting with turtles to reel me in.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:59 pm

What's the server name?

scullysdad wrote:Just a heads up, Funko is giving away two free promo cards for anyone who joins the stress test next week:

FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:10 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Have deep pockets lol

I wonder if this will reset the market on Fundays Freddy's.

Mathematically, 7 premium packs would net you 10 epics. With perfect luck, or efficient trading, you get one of each, and that gets you a 2000 LE Freddy for $210. I'd assume realistically, it's gonna end up costing you more than that.

On the Funko App, Freddy Ant Man is going for $230, and that's a 350 LE. I realize that LE count isn't the only factor in pricing, but I'm curious to see what these NFT Freddy's hit the secondary market at.

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:12 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Have deep pockets lol

If we can both get 10 or 20 let me know what you end up needing if anything.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:19 pm

a99kitten wrote:What's the server name?

https://go.wax.io/discord

HobieWanKenobi wrote:

Mathematically, 7 premium packs would net you 10 epics. With perfect luck, or efficient trading, you get one of each, and that gets you a 2000 LE Freddy for $210. I'd assume realistically, it's gonna end up costing you more than that.

On the Funko App, Freddy Ant Man is going for $230, and that's a 350 LE. I realize that LE count isn't the only factor in pricing, but I'm curious to see what these NFT Freddy's hit the secondary market at.

I'm really curious to see how this plays out. I've seen a decent amount of people say they are going to burn Epic cards thus eliminating a Freddy from the market. On the other hand how many Funatics are actually going to be going for these and complete a set? I think the final LE count for the Freddy will be closer to 1,000 total.

Lots of people aren't going to dish out money until people have the Pops in hand and that'll be 120+ days later. I think the prices are going to fluctuate like crazy.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:29 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

HobieWanKenobi wrote:

I'm really curious to see how this plays out. I've seen a decent amount of people say they are going to burn Epic cards thus eliminating a Freddy from the market. On the other hand how many Funatics are actually going to be going for these and complete a set? I think the final LE count for the Freddy will be closer to 1,000 total.

Lots of people aren't going to dish out money until people have the Pops in hand and that'll be 120+ days later. I think the prices are going to fluctuate like crazy.

I am not sure I am willing to spend enough for the Freddy, but will definitely check it out and pick up some premium packs if it doesn't sell out too quickly. I also hope that Funatics will be able to work with other to complete the trades and help each other out. I imagine that this drop will sell out very quickly.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:16 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Have deep pockets lol

You make a interesting point...i too agree that it gonna cost a arm and a leg for some of these epics, supply and old demand for em to get someone over the hill for that freddy lol. also great point on the Freddy Ant Man, but the hype around this is so much bigger and all that I see the 2000K friends still being worth a boat load.

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:32 pm

not gonna lie, i think nfts are a joke (person opinion dont kill me), but when you supplement them with real things they can really be fun and worth collecting..i think funko has done a fantastic job with this roll out, overly excited about this

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:not gonna lie, i think nfts are a joke (person opinion dont kill me), but when you supplement them with real things they can really be fun and worth collecting..i think funko has done a fantastic job with this roll out, overly excited about this

I feel the same. If they didn’t have real funko pops attached I’d be out.

capnchulo

Postby capnchulo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:43 pm

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:not gonna lie, i think nfts are a joke (person opinion dont kill me), but when you supplement them with real things they can really be fun and worth collecting..i think funko has done a fantastic job with this roll out, overly excited about this

Yeah, I had the same thinking on NFTs, but because of the possibilty of getting a physical limited pop I will buy a few packs.
ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Geescube wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Dunno if you'll believe, but always Raphael.

Raphael is my favorite too!
Poppin'

capnchulo

Postby capnchulo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:11 pm

Anyone else having issues w/ Simplex? Trying to buy WAXP and it keeps telling me to use a different card and I have tried 2...and yes there is plenty of money on them so that isn't the issue :)
ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:18 pm

capnchulo wrote:Anyone else having issues w/ Simplex? Trying to buy WAXP and it keeps telling me to use a different card and I have tried 2...and yes there is plenty of money on them so that isn't the issue :)

Not sure about your issue with Simplex, but the Funko sale will be credit card only so you won’t need WAXP to buy the packs.

capnchulo

Postby capnchulo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:23 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
capnchulo wrote:Anyone else having issues w/ Simplex? Trying to buy WAXP and it keeps telling me to use a different card and I have tried 2...and yes there is plenty of money on them so that isn't the issue :)

Not sure about your issue with Simplex, but the Funko sale will be credit card only so you won’t need WAXP to buy the packs.

Oh nice, then I won't worry about it.
ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:34 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

HobieWanKenobi wrote:

What do you mean "burn them"? What does that do for the collector?
Poppin'

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:36 pm

I agree! Even as an artist myself, NFTs are just...not my thing, to put it nicely lol Very smart move for Funko, though! The idea of redeeming physical Pop!s with stellar designs is awesome.
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:53 pm

theraven00 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

HobieWanKenobi wrote:

What do you mean "burn them"? What does that do for the collector?

It will lower the number of complete sets that can be built therefore lowering the amount of Freddie’s there will be. Lower the amount the more the pop will be worth.

However I think that’s not the best idea because if you have multiple extra epics you will more than likely be able to sell them for more than the extra value you’d get by barely lessening the amount.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:55 pm

I need to make friends with a hacker or something…this makes standing in line outside a store or roaming around the funko line at a con seem like cake lol

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 pm

PopsAndSuds wrote:It will lower the number of complete sets that can be built therefore lowering the amount of Freddie’s there will be. Lower the amount the more the pop will be worth.

However I think that’s not the best idea because if you have multiple extra epics you will more than likely be able to sell them for more than the extra value you’d get by barely lessening the amount.

So people burn them just to reduce the quantity in the market? I play Star Wars Card Trader (very different, I know), and you can "salvage" (some) cards with it but it's always done to get a different/unique card you couldn't get others. But with NFT people do it just to reduce supply without getting anything in return? Seems like I'd want others to burn theirs and I keep mine, unless I'm missing something.
Poppin'

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:35 pm

theraven00 wrote:
PopsAndSuds wrote:It will lower the number of complete sets that can be built therefore lowering the amount of Freddie’s there will be. Lower the amount the more the pop will be worth.

So people burn them just to reduce the quantity in the market? I play Star Wars Card Trader (very different, I know), and you can "salvage" (some) cards with it but it's always done to get a different/unique card you couldn't get others. But with NFT people do it just to reduce supply without getting anything in return? Seems like I'd want others to burn theirs and I keep mine, unless I'm missing something.

That’s true if you have what they are burning. But if you don’t have it and need it to complete your set and the prices are sky high because a lot of people burned them then you’re less likely to complete your set and then you wouldn’t get the Exclusive pop and they would and the print run is tied to how many complete sets there are. So their exclusive pop becomes more valuable when they burn an epic card because now you can’t get it and they’ll be one less Pop in the print run. It’s complicated and hard to explain typing it out on my phone. Sorry

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 pm

PopsAndSuds wrote:
theraven00 wrote:

That’s true if you have what they are burning. But if you don’t have it and need it to complete your set and the prices are sky high because a lot of people burned them then you’re less likely to complete your set and then you wouldn’t get the Exclusive pop and they would and the print run is tied to how many complete sets there are. So their exclusive pop becomes more valuable when they burn an epic card because now you can’t get it and they’ll be one less Pop in the print run. It’s complicated and hard to explain typing it out on my phone. Sorry

I wonder if Funko would step in and deactivate those accounts with cards they are purposefully hoarding, or just give the pops away to those that are close enough

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
PopsAndSuds wrote:
theraven00 wrote:So people burn them just to reduce the quantity in the market? I play Star Wars Card Trader (very different, I know), and you can "salvage" (some) cards with it but it's always done to get a different/unique card you couldn't get others. But with NFT people do it just to reduce supply without getting anything in return? Seems like I'd want others to burn theirs and I keep mine, unless I'm missing something.

I wonder if Funko would step in and deactivate those accounts with cards they are purposefully hoarding, or just give the pops away to those that are close enough

They definitely won’t deactivate them and I’m 99% sure they won’t give them to people who are close. People will have to shell out if they want to complete the set unless the can get enough packs to get really close.

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:56 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:

I agree! Even as an artist myself, NFTs are just...not my thing, to put it nicely lol Very smart move for Funko, though! The idea of redeeming physical Pop!s with stellar designs is awesome.

They really did throw a great curve ball with this one...hope i can score. exciting to see what the market will look like day of lol and especially the Pops themselves

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 pm

theraven00 wrote:What do you mean "burn them"? What does that do for the collector?

So the person could basically delete the card or hold it in there collection so other collectors don’t get to complete their set. So for the Freddy it says there are 2,160 possible rewards, but the final number is going to be much lower because there won’t be that many complete sets. Basically burning will make the Freddy a lower edition size. My guess is there will be 1,000 or so actually redeemed.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

The ones that aren’t redeemed will most likely be destroyed. The public won’t see them.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:59 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
theraven00 wrote:What do you mean "burn them"? What does that do for the collector?

So the person could basically delete the card or hold it in there collection so other collectors don’t get to complete their set. So for the Freddy it says there are 2,160 possible rewards, but the final number is going to be much lower because there won’t be that many complete sets. Basically burning will make the Freddy a lower edition size. My guess is there will be 1,000 or so actually redeemed.

I think it will be even less as it will be near impossible to even get packs and people will get the epics and want to keep them for themselves and won't give them up not knowing people need them for the set.

Return to “NFT/Digital”