Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:02 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
I think it will be even less as it will be near impossible to even get packs and people will get the epics and want to keep them for themselves and won't give them up not knowing people need them for the set.

Cash is king. Most of the people who are going to get packs won’t even be Funko collectors so they’ll definitely sell. They won’t care about making the physical Pops rarer.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:43 pm

I'll be testing the NFT market with a few packs in this line. If they do horror, I'll go full in on that. Can't wait to see what else comes around.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:45 am

I might just have to wait til secondary market LOL!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:13 pm

So, my plane to Hollywood takes off 5 minutes after the sale starts. So if I am able to be seated and can get semi-decent reception I can at least try before I need to turn the phone to airplane mode. I know it's gambling but I really want to try for the Casey Jones Pop so I am going to hopefully get two premium packs.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:56 pm

might dump my topshot collection and move on to these.
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:13 pm

slimpicks wrote:might dump my topshot collection and move on to these.

Luckily I made some money before all the prices tanked, just withdrew all my money, I'm gonna hold onto the cards I do have because they aren't worth too much. Might invest some into the tmnt ones, not sure because who knows when they announce the next wave

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:35 pm

scullysdad wrote:So, my plane to Hollywood takes off 5 minutes after the sale starts. So if I am able to be seated and can get semi-decent reception I can at least try before I need to turn the phone to airplane mode. I know it's gambling but I really want to try for the Casey Jones Pop so I am going to hopefully get two premium packs.

Good luck! They'll be using a queue system so the site doesn't crash, but hopefully you are towards the front!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:46 am

nightbodega wrote:I'll be testing the NFT market with a few packs in this line. If they do horror, I'll go full in on that. Can't wait to see what else comes around.

Oh horror might end up getting me also.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 am

I'm excited for this. Learned all about NFT's once I knew funko was gonna get into it. Can't wait to get some packs!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:53 am

Definitely interesting…I think I’ll skip for now, but if I see Spidey, maybe I’ll join the fun.
:freddy1:

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:52 pm

I'm mostly worried for the site crashing, I've heard WAX struggles during other popular releases. But hopefully the stress test gives them some good info to make the real release much better

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:40 pm

Yeah this feels like it might be more akin to gambling for me.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:45 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:Yeah this feels like it might be more akin to gambling for me.

Kinda like mystery minis ;)

But yeah definitely don’t go in unless you are prepared to strike out, the odds are really bad.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:Yeah this feels like it might be more akin to gambling for me.

Kinda like mystery minis ;)

But yeah definitely don’t go in unless you are prepared to strike out, the odds are really bad.

To be fair, I named my username after the very first mystery mini I ever pulled.

I am considering selling most of the mystery minis I have that are like extra or characters I don't want now. However in NFTs thats gonna be more difficult.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:42 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:
To be fair, I named my username after the very first mystery mini I ever pulled.

I am considering selling most of the mystery minis I have that are like extra or characters I don't want now. However in NFTs thats gonna be more difficult.

Just messing with you :D

And yeah for NFT’s the only ones that will be valuable will obviously be the Grails/Legendaries and then the Epics. I wish this first drop wasn’t for a line I liked so I could watch how it all unfolds from the sideline.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:29 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:

Just messing with you :D

And yeah for NFT’s the only ones that will be valuable will obviously be the Grails/Legendaries and then the Epics. I wish this first drop wasn’t for a line I liked so I could watch how it all unfolds from the sideline.

Luckily for me, Its unlikely that there will be a jurassic Park NFT unless its near when Dominion occurs, so im mostly safe!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:42 pm

Not sure if the chatter is in another thread somewhere, but this seems pretty quite on this board about this....forget the nfts for a second, the actual physical pops are incredible and truly warrant any collectors LE section?

Typale

Postby Typale » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:58 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
I think it will be even less as it will be near impossible to even get packs and people will get the epics and want to keep them for themselves and won't give them up not knowing people need them for the set.

Cash is king. Most of the people who are going to get packs won’t even be Funko collectors so they’ll definitely sell. They won’t care about making the physical Pops rarer.

I feel the exact same... A lot of people will be going straight for a profit.

I personally want to get the whole set but every double I get I'll be willing to part with. I'm just debating on 10 or 20 packs if I can get through the line to buy! To get a legendary or grail and redeem the code for a physical version would be so awesome.... My wife would take it though since shes the one with the full TMNT collection lol
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Typale wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I personally want to get the whole set but every double I get I'll be willing to part with. I'm just debating on 10 or 20 packs if I can get through the line to buy! To get a legendary or grail and redeem the code for a physical version would be so awesome.... My wife would take it though since shes the one with the full TMNT collection lol

I feel like the biggest problem is gonna be everyone only getting a few packs so everyone will be trying to make as much as possible on their 20 cards

Typale

Postby Typale » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Typale wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

I feel like the biggest problem is gonna be everyone only getting a few packs so everyone will be trying to make as much as possible on their 20 cards

ya thats true... honestly I'll just go with whatever the average market value is with my doubles but depending on what transaction fees are like trading with people I know would be something possible.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 pm

Typale wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Typale wrote:

ya thats true... honestly I'll just go with whatever the average market value is with my doubles but depending on what transaction fees are like trading with people I know would be something possible.

Just be prepared to not get any packs, if it's anything like topshot's queue but doesn't limit purchases besides the $300 limit then only 1666 people will get packs if everyone buys the full amount

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:18 pm

Man, this thing has got me so nervous lol
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:Man, this thing has got me so nervous lol

Just be prepared to get nothing then if you get any it's a celebration! Also the stress test will give a good indication of the actual drop.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:42 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Typale wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

That's gonna be a mess if the majority ends up getting like 20 cards lol

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:02 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:Not sure if the chatter is in another thread somewhere, but this seems pretty quite on this board about this....forget the nfts for a second, the actual physical pops are incredible and truly warrant any collectors LE section?

I totally second this, those are some sweet pieces that might be worth the investment alone
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:09 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:Not sure if the chatter is in another thread somewhere, but this seems pretty quite on this board about this....forget the nfts for a second, the actual physical pops are incredible and truly warrant any collectors LE section?

I totally second this, those are some sweet pieces that might be worth the investment alone

"Investment", we all have used that once or twice just so the price didn't sting as much. lol I understand what you are saying and yeah it could turn into one of those grails down the road.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:04 am

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

"Investment", we all have used that once or twice just so the price didn't sting as much. lol I understand what you are saying and yeah it could turn into one of those grails down the road.

The Freddy is gonna be a grail from day 1, the other I still see going for a couple hundred out the gate and then slowly rising.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:47 am

Like that Leo but dang it ain't gonna be an easy get!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:06 pm

Goodluck to everybody trying the promo pack drop today at 11am PT!

Here's the link to those that want to try: https://funko.wdny.io/shop
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:11 pm

renardchua wrote:Goodluck to everybody trying the promo pack drop today at 11am PT!

Be sure to click the timer before it hits zero because you'll be put into a queue and it'll randomize right at 11 AM PST. If you are not in the queue before that time you'll be put in the back of the line.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:43 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
renardchua wrote:Goodluck to everybody trying the promo pack drop today at 11am PT!

Be sure to click the timer before it hits zero because you'll be put into a queue and it'll randomize right at 11 AM PST. If you are not in the queue before that time you'll be put in the back of the line.

Brett - just a clarification - as long as you can see the countdown in the queue-it page, it's good right?
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:49 pm

renardchua wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Brett - just a clarification - as long as you can see the countdown in the queue-it page, it's good right?

Yeah you should be good.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:59 pm

In the queue!
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:00 pm

a99kitten wrote:In the queue!

Me too!

Also, I just noticed that there is only one card in the promo pack, I was thinking it was both. The chase starts immediately I guess :)
Last edited by scullysdad on Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm

In queue!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:13 pm

Also in queue, hopefully the queue randomizer is kind to all of us today...and tomorrow!

reggieu

Postby reggieu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Wow I’m # 27k in queue

capnchulo

Postby capnchulo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:02 pm

8700 people in front of me...not sure that gives me a chance at any packs tomorrow but fingers crossed.
ImageImage

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:02 pm

I got #2750/10000

Didn't open it yet.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:03 pm

20727 ahead of me
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Return to “NFT/Digital”