Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
runtodere

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby runtodere » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
RedRoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
Where did you see this?

one of the guys that runs wax with funko said they are thinking to have a 30-60 limit the other day in the discord

I think they should increase the limit to $60

Agree

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:08 pm

excited to see what the 3rd drop will be. i'm hoping to see motu, dc and power rangers at some point. also, the idea of an all freddy drop sounds both amazing and terrifying

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:56 pm

mongoose12 wrote:excited to see what the 3rd drop will be. i'm hoping to see motu, dc and power rangers at some point. also, the idea of an all freddy drop sounds both amazing and terrifying

I would like a run of all Freddys too.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:26 pm

runtodere wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
RedRoo wrote:
one of the guys that runs wax with funko said they are thinking to have a 30-60 limit the other day in the discord

I think they should increase the limit to $60

Agree

60 is fine, but don't allow multiple purchases without going to the end of the line

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:21 pm

RedRoo wrote:
digithor wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:For those curious the next Funko drop will either have a $30 or $60 limit per purchase.

Where did you see this?

Oh ok, would be nicer if they would actually fix their system so people couldn't just run through the checkout over and over.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:24 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:excited to see what the 3rd drop will be. i'm hoping to see motu, dc and power rangers at some point. also, the idea of an all freddy drop sounds both amazing and terrifying

I would like a run of all Freddys too.

A run of all Freddy's would be really cool!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:00 am

mactds wrote:
gokou105 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
I think some of it will gain value overtime. Plus I would think in series two you need to merge some of get a unique NFT

Yes, if previous series are needed for future use that would retain the utility portion. Usually NFT takes time to grow and when new series comes out, older series gets more desired.

Excited for a long term crossover ecosystem of Funko NFTs!

Hopefully it grows after the redemption period
Calvin

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:42 am

philipali wrote:That's crazy.... For some they will just wait at the secondary market for them to get hold of those Pops.. remember it's a LE 2000 for some of the items...

In reality the physical pops from these will be much more limited than the LE that is tagged to them. Especially the master set physical pops. There are SO MANY NFT hoarders that there is no way to max out the physical redemptions on physical pops if NFT collectors are hoarding EPICs. Not to mention, once those 2 NFT whales that spent 238k on the TMNTs get their coins, who knows what they will do with them.

The physical pops from the NFT redemptions will be expensive to buy on the secondary market. It's probably cheaper to just learn how to buy wax and build your mastery sets now.

I'm debating building my 3 mastery set, it's like $80 or something right now.
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:06 am

wash2366 wrote:In reality the physical pops from these will be much more limited than the LE that is tagged to them. Especially the master set physical pops. There are SO MANY NFT hoarders that there is no way to max out the physical redemptions on physical pops if NFT collectors are hoarding EPICs. Not to mention, once those 2 NFT whales that spent 238k on the TMNTs get their coins, who knows what they will do with them.

The physical pops from the NFT redemptions will be expensive to buy on the secondary market. It's probably cheaper to just learn how to buy wax and build your mastery sets now.

You are 100% correct. I think there are people out there thinking they would rather just buy the Pop on the secondary market instead of learning how to buy the NFTs on the exchange, and those people are going to be shocked at how expensive the physical Pops end up being. No chance that all 2250 Big Boy mastery Pops are issued (literally no chance at this point, because someone already burned one of the epics). The actual number will probably be somewhere between 1000 and 1500.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:22 am

scullysdad wrote:
wash2366 wrote:In reality the physical pops from these will be much more limited than the LE that is tagged to them. Especially the master set physical pops. There are SO MANY NFT hoarders that there is no way to max out the physical redemptions on physical pops if NFT collectors are hoarding EPICs. Not to mention, once those 2 NFT whales that spent 238k on the TMNTs get their coins, who knows what they will do with them.

You are 100% correct. I think there are people out there thinking they would rather just buy the Pop on the secondary market instead of learning how to buy the NFTs on the exchange, and those people are going to be shocked at how expensive the physical Pops end up being. No chance that all 2250 Big Boy mastery Pops are issued (literally no chance at this point, because someone already burned one of the epics). The actual number will probably be somewhere between 1000 and 1500.

967 so far with 652 unique holders.

https://nft-tracker.io/tmnt.funko/mastery
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:06 am

scullysdad wrote:

Most likely the case, which makes it a very interesting situation with the nfts and physical pop redemption's.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:08 am

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Most likely the case, which makes it a very interesting situation with the nfts and physical pop redemption's.

I can't wait to get my physical copies. I suggest that don't sell the NFTs after physical redemption there might be a twist later on that you need a specific NFT to get a NFT for the new set
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:08 pm

woohoo I completed my TMNT mastery set.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I can't wait to get my physical copies. I suggest that don't sell the NFTs after physical redemption there might be a twist later on that you need a specific NFT to get a NFT for the new set

That would be cool if they did something extra.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:17 am

Do we get a halloween theme for the next nft?
ImageImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:37 am

digithor wrote:Do we get a halloween theme for the next nft?

I was thinking Avatar the Last Airbender for the next one, but I could see it being the Monster Cereals, too. It's a popular line, there are still a lot of Ad Icon obsessives, and it would tie in to the spooky theme.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

PopsAndSuds

Postby PopsAndSuds » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 am

Really hoping for an announcement this week.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:23 am

PopsAndSuds wrote:Really hoping for an announcement this week.

Same here! I'm already getting the itch for another set lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
PopsAndSuds wrote:Really hoping for an announcement this week.

Same here! I'm already getting the itch for another set lol

LOL! Me too. NFTs are a completionists' dream! No more running out of space, and collecting mastery pops perfect blend, IMHO
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12

ImageImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:26 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

967 so far with 652 unique holders.

https://nft-tracker.io/tmnt.funko/mastery

thank you for the tracker link! Booked marked

ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:25 pm

I still need in on TMNT!

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:45 pm

Thinking we may get an announcement tomorrow and a launch next week. Hoping for MOTU or Power Rangers.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:04 am

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:Do we get a halloween theme for the next nft?

I was thinking Avatar the Last Airbender for the next one, but I could see it being the Monster Cereals, too. It's a popular line, there are still a lot of Ad Icon obsessives, and it would tie in to the spooky theme.

That one could have some decent excitement for nfts, been some really nice pops released over the recent while that fans like.
ImageImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 am

scullysdad wrote:

this will depend on how the market behaves.. but let's see
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:09 am

Show us the real pops!

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:30 am

philipali wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

this will depend on how the market behaves.. but let's see

Interesting post, thanks for this
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:49 am

I was just curious after the nft burn conversation and decided to look it up, there isn't that much for burning of the nfts so far.
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:30 am

Hopefully Ad Icons cereal would be on the way!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:17 am

digithor wrote:I was just curious after the nft burn conversation and decided to look it up, there isn't that much for burning of the nfts so far.

You're right, not a lot of burned cards yet. For some reason card 1 has 502 burned copies, but only one other is even in double digits (and that is only at 10). Only one Epic has been burned so far, but one of them has only been unboxed 1,353 times. I like how transparent a lot of this process is.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:04 pm

rexflexall wrote:Hopefully Ad Icons cereal would be on the way!

Yeah.. Tony the tiger would be great :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:20 pm

being October i'm hoping the next set is Horror themed.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:16 am

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:I was just curious after the nft burn conversation and decided to look it up, there isn't that much for burning of the nfts so far.

You're right, not a lot of burned cards yet. For some reason card 1 has 502 burned copies, but only one other is even in double digits (and that is only at 10). Only one Epic has been burned so far, but one of them has only been unboxed 1,353 times. I like how transparent a lot of this process is.

That is a lot for one card, I didn't look much under the epics. I suppose with that first card having such a low value people did it because of that? Doesn't that now mean that 502 sets will not be completed?
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:25 am

philipali wrote:

This would be awesome if it happened. I would love for this to happen.
Collecting since 2014

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:39 am

digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

That is a lot for one card, I didn't look much under the epics. I suppose with that first card having such a low value people did it because of that? Doesn't that now mean that 502 sets will not be completed?

After I posted this I checked again and now people are burning card 2 as well, it's over 100.

The Epics are what we need to watch for - there is 2250 of each Epic, and the lower levels have more of each card. Commons are around 4600. So any burned Epic means one less set that can possible be made, but over 2000 of the commons would need to be burned to really stop sets from being built. Only one Epic has been burned, so there are technically 2249 mastery sets that can be made right now. Of course, you have to assume a lot of people just won't bother to complete sets and will have these cards in their portfolios so it's hard to say how many will be made in the end. I would guess around 1300 tops.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:42 am

nascar246788 wrote:
philipali wrote:

This would be awesome if it happened. I would love for this to happen.

Would be a sellout!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:47 am

scullysdad wrote:
digithor wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

After I posted this I checked again and now people are burning card 2 as well, it's over 100.

The Epics are what we need to watch for - there is 2250 of each Epic, and the lower levels have more of each card. Commons are around 4600. So any burned Epic means one less set that can possible be made, but over 2000 of the commons would need to be burned to really stop sets from being built. Only one Epic has been burned, so there are technically 2249 mastery sets that can be made right now. Of course, you have to assume a lot of people just won't bother to complete sets and will have these cards in their portfolios so it's hard to say how many will be made in the end. I would guess around 1300 tops.

Ah yes, that's right for the lower end ones. I wonder if there will be any way for us to see how many were redeemed?
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 am

I would love to see rangers. I think it would be cool to have a rangers NFT.
Collecting since 2014

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:38 am

nascar246788 wrote:

That's a good idea, If not this wave hopefully in the future
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:40 am

nascar246788 wrote:

Hrmm rangers would be a surprise since they haven't really done much in that line for a while.
ImageImageImageImage

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:33 am

digithor wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Hrmm rangers would be a surprise since they haven't really done much in that line for a while.

and yet if they did it i would become broke XD NEED THEM ALL!
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”