Funko Cartoon Classics!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
EPogue6

Re: Funko Cartoon Classics!

Postby EPogue6 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:53 pm

My favorite reveal was definitely the snorky soda, I've become quite enamored with elephants over the last 9 years of being with my wife and her collection of elephants but more than anything I became a fan of snorky and The banana splits after the release of the original banana split pops a few years ago.
Plus the really cool movie from 2 years ago.

Freddy Funko wrote:Hi Funatics!

Hope you enjoyed the Funko Cartoon Classics reveals today! What I want to know is which reveal was your #1 favorite from today and why?

*GIVEAWAY ALERT*

After I read about all of your favorites, I will randomly choose a lucky Funatic to win their favorite Cartoon Classic Pop! or Funko Soda! So, think about it and share with not only me, but your fellow Funatics as well!

Contest will end Tuesday, 9/28, at 11:59 Pacific SHARP!
Winner will be chosen on Wednesday, 9/29, and notified by Private Message.
Must have a U.S. Shipping Address.

Thanks Funatics! Have a FUN weekend!
Freddy :freddy3:
I am a leaf on the wind.

BabyLite83

Postby BabyLite83 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Anyone who knows me knows exactly why I've chosen snorky the soda as my favorite reveal it's because of my love of elephants, very literally you can go into any room in my home and look in any single direction and you are guaranteed to see an elephant.
Plus isn't he so darn cute!?

Hope you enjoyed the Funko Cartoon Classics reveals today! What I want to know is which reveal was your #1 favorite from today and why?

*GIVEAWAY ALERT*

After I read about all of your favorites, I will randomly choose a lucky Funatic to win their favorite Cartoon Classic Pop! or Funko Soda! So, think about it and share with not only me, but your fellow Funatics as well!

Ryespops

Postby Ryespops » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:30 pm

As a 90s kid all of these reveals for the day were incredible! With a kid on the way I will have to pick and choose for sure. Have to have Blue from Blues Clues for our kid and I will definitely need the Flocked for myself! Thanks for the chance!
Find Me on Instagram.com @Ryespops
Attended: Making Fun Funko Premiere, Disneyland Funatics Day Out, Funko Fundays 2017, FDO 8 NYC, Festival of Fun 2021, Funko Fundays 2022 :compress:

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:49 pm

Hi Freddy!

A lot of great reveals but my favorite is Peppa Pig. My son and I used to watch that together when he was little. It’s a great show and even though he’s too old to care about the Pop right now I’ll be picking one up to remind me of him when he was just a lil dude.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:55 pm

I’m gonna have to go with my boy Blue!! I used to wake up in the mornings and watch Blue’s Clues when I was a little kid and when I saw the pop it really took me back to those days! Crazy to see the show is still going strong and that now even my daughter is watching it. Incredible work Funko the Blue mould is just spot on!!!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

Deaf Funko

Postby Deaf Funko » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 pm

SWEET!! My favorite all time is THE GAMBY SHOW, Please bring more characters from THE GAMBY SHOW, how about Pokey & Pickle? My Gamby pop is lonely..

Or Gamby cowboy hat (chase) :)
Last edited by Deaf Funko on Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:51 pm

Deaf Funko wrote:SWEET!! Please bring more characters from THE GAMBY SHOW, how about Pokey & Pickle? My Gamby pop is lonely..

i've got to ask, is that a persistent typo or an accent thing? lol

Deaf Funko

Postby Deaf Funko » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Deaf Funko wrote:SWEET!! Please bring more characters from THE GAMBY SHOW, how about Pokey & Pickle? My Gamby pop is lonely..

i've got to ask, is that a persistent typo or an accent thing? lol

Persistent?... Okay..

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:52 pm

My personal favorite was Courage the Cowardly Dog.

I think he show made me into the Horror freak that I am today!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Deaf Funko wrote:Persistent?... Okay..

just a joke friend, i've always known him as Gumby :)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:07 pm

*GIVEAWAY ALERT*

Definitely Blue and it’s special timing with the Steve video coming out recently. Hit me right in the feels. Blues Clues was a favorite of mine growing up and when I got older I’d have it on while I babysat my cousins and they got to grow up with it too.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Bandit1977

Postby Bandit1977 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:45 pm

My favorite reveal was the Johnny Bravo POP!

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 pm

Courage the Cowardly Dog. I used to love watching that show!
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

Justuravgnerd

Postby Justuravgnerd » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:15 pm

I’m definitely loving the new Power Puff Girls line! Hoping for Rowdy Ruff Boys sometime down the road :)

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 pm

Justuravgnerd wrote:I’m definitely loving the new Power Puff Girls line! Hoping for Rowdy Ruff Boys sometime down the road :)

Oooo...Rowdy Ruff Boys would be dope! If we get them, I'm hoping for Bunny too! The fourth sister :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

mrclawking

Postby mrclawking » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:08 am

As much as I loved the design of courage , I gotta go with with dexter lab because of how much I like genndy tartakovsky work on not only that show but samurai jack, both shows I grew up watching and still watch to this day . I even got the opportunity to meet Gendy when promoting the new samurai jack game at pax East , with a few of the autographs shown below

https://imgur.com/a/cufQiFx
Last edited by mrclawking on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
some one please help me get the courage the cowardly dog pop before November /1st/21 for a autograph signing/ photo op with the voice actor , please with sugar on top
Image[/color]

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:38 am

heymrosario wrote:
Legion Of Boom wrote:Favorite reveal was Blue. It brought back great memories from back in the early 2000's when my son was really young. He was totally into everything Blue's Clues. We bought him so many different Blue's Clues toys and we even took him to a live show when they toured. So safe to say, i'm gonna need the common and the flocked exclusive LOL

We're twinning! lol Blue's clues is a must! \:D/

Blue's Clues pops... and more? lol

Always, ...and more. :D
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:26 am

Wanted to see Centurions and Captain Planet... but who knows.. maybe saving this for next year... Excited for what's coming for Funko in the coming years! Hope we get to meet soon Funatics
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:11 am

Blue's Clues can't wait!!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:35 pm

Hi Freddy,

Now that is a great question on which classic cartoon is my favorite. I would say to see the addition on Blue Clues (love the flocked) and Peppa Pig is the best because it allows us to spread the fun to future funatics. Our kids who love the shows now have the chance to get their own pop and also be like their parents. I like being able to share the love and fun I have with Funko with my kiddos. Thank you Freddy for that chance. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:15 pm

I was hoping they would announce more then one new Ren and Stimpy, but I’m happy to finally get a powdered Toastman!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:33 pm

I think some people need to re-read the first post ;)
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:31 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I think some people need to re-read the first post ;)

I agree! Although, I am liking what I'm seeing, there are key factors to this giveaway that are being missed. Cartoon Classics involve the Pops and Sodas that were announced on Friday and the reason/story as to why that item is your top favorite. Thank you to everyone that has entered so far. Just 2 more days until I choose a lucky funatic! :freddy3:

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:04 pm

Absolutely loved the Blue Clues flocked pop. 90s Nick will always be my main collection (it's tough not to say Powdered Toast Man), even as it extends into the 2000s. Blue looks absolutely adorable, and it means even more as Blues nostalgia is something I share with my girlfriend, we even have the Salt and Pepper and baby Paprika shakers from Box Lunch.

Having Steve make that heart warming video recently really hits the feels too.

"We just got a letter. We just got a letter. We just got a letter. Wonder who it's from?"
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Although I was in my late teens or early 20’s in the 90’s and should pick the fruity pebbles lol. I have to go with Blue’s clues as it was my little sister who watched and is 12 years younger than me and we have a special bond (shout out to baba-She-dada aka Tina). That show was one of her favs and would love to give her whatever possible giveaway I get from blues clues. Thanks again Freddy for coming back to us.
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:06 pm

My two favorite were definitely
1. Underdog -- We LOVE the soda line, and growing up, Underdog was one of my favorite cartoon characters. I loved the concept of an unassuming Shoe Shine boy having his special powers.
2. Powdered Toast Man -- when my son started to be old enough to play video games, we played a Wii Baseball Game that incorporated MLB players with Cartoon Characters. Powdered Toast Man always got this introduction as he stepped up to the plate that I still like to quote to this day (quite a few years later) ... very sentimental!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:36 pm

*GIVEAWAY ALERT*

Courage the Cowardly dog is my number one favorite reveal and simply because it gives me hope that we are going to eventually see Muriel and Eustice as well as the plethora of unique villains and crazy emotes that courage does. This line has enormous potential and the gentle first offerings make me feel like there’s a treasure trove in store
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Cod3NameCornDog

Postby Cod3NameCornDog » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:32 pm

The Underdog Soda is definitely my favorite Cartoon Classic reveal. I have loved Funko Soda since day 1!! And I remember watching Underdog every Saturday morning growing up. Can't wait to add him to my collection. "Never fear Underdog is here" :D

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:42 pm

Man, so many good options to choose from. When it comes down to my favorite I am gonna have to go with Snorky!

Bingo was my personal favorite of the band as I dreamed of being a drummer while growing up. I ultimately achieved that dream when I got to high school when I made the Drumline as a Sophmore and continued through my senior year. However, before I achieved that dream, I was in the pit as a Freshman and played the keyboards just like our dear friend Snorky!

I hope Bingo is the next Banana Split to be made but would also be happy with Fleegle or Drooper as well. :freddy2:

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:24 am

My favorite reveal was Blue! I remember watching it with my niece and it just brings back all kinds of happy feelings with those memories. I also really love animals so add that he’s just so darn adorable ya can’t go wrong!

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:53 am

When I first came across the classic cartoons, I though "oh is this the time we see fat albert?". This wasn't the time yet to see those done.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:32 am

digithor wrote:When I first came across the classic cartoons, I though "oh is this the time we see fat albert?". This wasn't the time yet to see those done.

Some day Dumb Donald will get his due my friend.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:12 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I think some people need to re-read the first post ;)

Childishtycoon

Postby Childishtycoon » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:15 am

Dexter from Dexter's laboratory! I used to love watching it before going school and I can't wait to finally own one that isn't exclusive!
Do you guys believe Kylo Ren when he says he will finish what Darth Vader started?

The funatic formerly known as Jeremyb4815

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:23 pm

So many amazing reveals but my favorite is probably the Hot Topic exclusive flocked Blue from Blue's Clues. I was older when "Blue's Clues" was on the air but I thought the show was really cute. And I really love that it was brought back on the air a couple years ago as "Blue's Clues & You," especially with Josh Dela Cruz and the Filipino representation, for today's little ones to enjoy.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:40 pm

My favorite reveal would have to be Dexter's Laboratory! Out of all the Cartoon Network shows, I would watch that the most growing up. Excited for the new wave and hoping for a posssible Justice Friends future wave.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

SpongeTheSquid

Postby SpongeTheSquid » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Adore the 90's Cartoon Pop reveals. Really excited to see more Cartoon Network ones, and Blue!

Blue was definitely my favorite reveal. Huge nostalgia for Blues Clues, been wanting to see Funko make her for years. Insta-buy.

Crossing my fingers Funko dives deeper into the Nickelodeon and CN vault. So many characters I'd buy.

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Thank you for the giveaway! My favorite from the reveal has to be Powdered Toast Man. Ren & Stimpy was one of my favorites growing up.

*GIVEAWAY ALERT*

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 am

aprilyoufools wrote:So many amazing reveals but my favorite is probably the Hot Topic exclusive flocked Blue from Blue's Clues. I was older when "Blue's Clues" was on the air but I thought the show was really cute. And I really love that it was brought back on the air a couple years ago as "Blue's Clues & You," especially with Josh Dela Cruz and the Filipino representation, for today's little ones to enjoy.

Yes!!! Josh Dela Cruz!!! Filipino pride!!! :) I was excited to hear that news when the show came back :)
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:56 pm

Thanks for sharing your memories with me! It was great to read and I'm glad the Cartoon Classics line has brought back some good memories for you! I'll be choosing a winner shortly! Remember, you never know where my next giveaway will be! Keep chatting and talk to you soon! :freddy3:

Return to “Pop!”