Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers - New Film Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
mongoose12

Re: Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers - New Film Pops

Postby mongoose12 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:59 pm

2017fanatic wrote:can we get an ugly sonic funko pop?? lmao!

He basically stole the movie for me…then again I couldn’t make it past the halfway point. Lol

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed May 25, 2022 8:36 pm

I would like a Gucci Donny Pop, as well as Batman VS ET.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 am

supenman wrote:After watching it, I'm super excited for this Pop line. Don't want to spoil anything, but there is a super "ugly" character that I can't believe we may actually be able to get a Pop of.

You have me curious now about this ugly character. My wife and I haven't had a chance to watch it.
Collecting since 2014

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Thu May 26, 2022 1:40 am

So excited to see these pops revealed. Sign me up for any and everything Disney Afternoon!

This movie wasn't anything I expected, but loved it nonetheless. :cheers:
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Thu May 26, 2022 1:58 am

The trailer looked nice to us!

:freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy2: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 26, 2022 12:10 pm

So much nostalgia!

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri May 27, 2022 2:03 am

evrythngzen wrote:
JCFun wrote:
evrythngzen wrote:I am on the fence about the film. I loved them when I was younger and sometimes remakes / reboots don't work for me. Having said that, I would still be open to new pops even if I don't love the film just cause I think there are some cute ideas they can go with. Like doing the "CGI surgery version" and a throw back to the original as a chase but I think they would really have to focus on that concept to make it work.

I hear ya! I was absolutely on the fence after the trailer. I don't like the adnauseum remakes and reboots, but I love Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, so I was holding out hope! That said, you can see from the comments I think that most people were surprised by how decent the film was overall, myself included! It actually translated to a much better film than trailer I feel. I would check it out if you get the time!

That's great to hear. I will add it to my when I have time list. Thank you!

No worries! Hope you enjoy it as well :)
Image ImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:17 am

I just watched the movie. It is good, and all I could think about is all these great funko pops that could come out of this movie.
Collecting since 2014

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:17 am

nascar246788 wrote:I just watched the movie. It is good, and all I could think about is all these great funko pops that could come out of this movie.

It will drop eventually
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:I just watched the movie. It is good, and all I could think about is all these great funko pops that could come out of this movie.

It will drop eventually

Yeah,‘wondering what we’ll get. I mean the possibilities are endless. I’m going to buy regardless. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat May 28, 2022 2:38 am

lavery01 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

It will drop eventually

Yeah,‘wondering what we’ll get. I mean the possibilities are endless. I’m going to buy regardless. lol

I wish I could buy all of them regardless, but I am going to have to control myself to some degree.
Collecting since 2014

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon May 30, 2022 2:50 pm

JCFun wrote:
slimpicks wrote:Watched the new movie. Surprisingly really enjoyed it

Right?! They really missed the mark with the trailer cause it was much better than expected!

Really? I felt that in the end I got the correct vibe from the trailer as something that wouldn't sit well with me. Although I absolutely despise the movie - if it can get me something that could represent the Disney Afternoon, I'll be absolutely down. Might have to make a custom box if it makes too much reference to the film.

JCFun wrote:
stl_ben wrote:changing just one letter in the topic, but after watching the movie I would love some Chip & Dale Pogs.

I didn't even think about that, but pogs should absolutely be a thing again!! I would suddenly be actually cool for a bit again with my 2 tubes of cartoon pogs and slammer pack lol. But seriously, pogs would be a fun collectible!

YES!!! Get me those Pogs!
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon May 30, 2022 5:25 pm

Toronto wrote:
JCFun wrote:
slimpicks wrote:Watched the new movie. Surprisingly really enjoyed it

Right?! They really missed the mark with the trailer cause it was much better than expected!

Really? I felt that in the end I got the correct vibe from the trailer as something that wouldn't sit well with me. Although I absolutely despise the movie - if it can get me something that could represent the Disney Afternoon, I'll be absolutely down. Might have to make a custom box if it makes too much reference to the film.

JCFun wrote:
stl_ben wrote:changing just one letter in the topic, but after watching the movie I would love some Chip & Dale Pogs.

I didn't even think about that, but pogs should absolutely be a thing again!! I would suddenly be actually cool for a bit again with my 2 tubes of cartoon pogs and slammer pack lol. But seriously, pogs would be a fun collectible!

YES!!! Get me those Pogs!

I think overall I just felt like the humor landed much better than expected. The voice acting of chip & dale was actually my least favorite part, but I generally enjoy meta type content, which this was in part. And absolutely on the pogs :). Probably a fun option for Funko to bring them with any pops they'd make for this film, if that is possible somehow hah.
Image ImageImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:41 am

mongoose12 wrote:

He basically stole the movie for me…then again I couldn’t make it past the halfway point. Lol

Yes, Ugly Sonic was one of the best characters in the movie.
I don't regret watching the movie, but it was only OK for me. I feel like I needed to watch some scenes in slow motion because there were often so many throwback references in one shot.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:18 pm

squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I don't regret watching the movie, but it was only OK for me. I feel like I needed to watch some scenes in slow motion because there were often so many throwback references in one shot.

Agreed on this! Even during my first viewing I found myself pausing at times and investigating the background and such to see if there was anything else being joked about or referenced and found quite a few little easter eggs. Funny store names, characters from other shows, stuff like that all showed up. I plan to do another rewatch for just the additional aspects.
Image ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:21 pm

squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

This movie should do well in Razzie nominations lol

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:35 pm

JCFun wrote:
squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Agreed on this! Even during my first viewing I found myself pausing at times and investigating the background and such to see if there was anything else being joked about or referenced and found quite a few little easter eggs. Funny store names, characters from other shows, stuff like that all showed up. I plan to do another rewatch for just the additional aspects.

I agree so many little easter eggs
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:10 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I don't think it was that bad. I would say it was better than the live action Tom and Jerry from a few years ago.
Maybe it's just something with live action + animation, though I enjoyed the new Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 which used that as well.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:03 am

JCFun wrote:
squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I know they can parody characters but they have to be very careful with even how they word things in interviews about the movie, so sadly I don't think we'll be seeing pops of the characters, but it's a treasure mine that has a ton of potential if pops were allowed to be made. I mean, I think it would be ironically popular in the best way.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:26 am

Sure aren’t hearing much Rescue Rangers talk being generated out of this Rescue Rangers movie….

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:42 am

squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
squidward wrote:Yes, Ugly Sonic was one of the best characters in the movie.

I don't think it was that bad. I would say it was better than the live action Tom and Jerry from a few years ago.
Maybe it's just something with live action + animation, though I enjoyed the new Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 which used that as well.

I actually really enjoyed the movie, but I really didn't expect much coming into it. I would love to see some of the characters made into pop and a specific movie moment, hint, "...Fine."

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:15 am

So many possibilities with all the cameo’s in that movie. Ugly sonic. Lol
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:09 am

Mr Yac wrote:Sure aren’t hearing much Rescue Rangers talk being generated out of this Rescue Rangers movie….

when the best thing about the movie was the 'ugly character cameos' you can almost bet that the movie merch isn't coming lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:11 pm

squidward wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I did like the ugly sonic. Yeah I agree with some of the scenes. All the Easter eggs
Collecting since 2014

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:41 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Sure aren’t hearing much Rescue Rangers talk being generated out of this Rescue Rangers movie….

Agreed. Funny or sadly enough, I feel like the Rescue Rangers were the most average part about the whole film. More of a vehicle for the side characters!
Image ImageImageImage

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:41 am

mongoose12 wrote:

when the best thing about the movie was the 'ugly character cameos' you can almost bet that the movie merch isn't coming lol

That would be amazing if it was though lol

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:45 am

Ugly Sonic hype is almost as big as the movie
Really stole the scenes he was in, haha the close up on his teeth
The movie was fantastic and anytime you can have a mens warehouse reference work is a good movie
Boot leg character pops would be hilarious to have
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

darla5254

Postby darla5254 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:58 am

Watched the movie and loved it! loved all the little easter eggs thru out the movie

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Movie was great! Hoping for an Ugly Sonic pop!
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:34 pm

darla5254 wrote:Watched the movie and loved it! loved all the little easter eggs thru out the movie

Same here! I did a rewatch just for the easter eggs and it was great lol
Image ImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:35 pm

friskykillface wrote:Ugly Sonic hype is almost as big as the movie
The movie was fantastic and anytime you can have a mens warehouse reference work is a good movie

Very much agreed! Seems like a huge demand for ugly sonic pops and content exists, haha. I'd love a line of the bootleg character pops also
Image ImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:02 am

JCFun wrote:

Very much agreed! Seems like a huge demand for ugly sonic pops and content exists, haha. I'd love a line of the bootleg character pops also

Why you guys emphasizing UGLY SONIC :roflmao:
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:12 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
JCFun wrote:

lol Have you seen the film, Ginzo1622? He's a literal character called "Ugly Sonic" that they joke about in it.
Image ImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:29 am

JCFun wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
JCFun wrote:

lol Have you seen the film, Ginzo1622? He's a literal character called "Ugly Sonic" that they joke about in it.

Lol no I haven't watched it yet. I didn't know there such a character lol
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:10 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Lol no I haven't watched it yet. I didn't know there such a character lol

Gotcha haha. Yeah, I thought that was possibly the case. He shows up pretty shortly into the film if you do end up watching. It probably sounded like we were all just bashing some Sonic character in the film lol
Image ImageImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:23 pm

I think my favorite characters in the movie come out when Monterey Jack. I like how some of those characters have different traits from their OG versions.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:30 pm

nightbodega wrote:I think my favorite characters in the movie come out when Monterey Jack. I like how some of those characters have different traits from their OG versions.

I loved how meta it was with that, I enjoyed the movie way more then I thought I would
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:49 pm

darla5254 wrote:Watched the movie and loved it! loved all the little easter eggs thru out the movie

Same! The easter eggs were awesome, no one else watching with us even caught them lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:35 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
nightbodega wrote:I think my favorite characters in the movie come out when Monterey Jack. I like how some of those characters have different traits from their OG versions.

I loved how meta it was with that, I enjoyed the movie way more then I thought I would

Yeah. If it wasn’t for that, not even sure if I would have enjoyed the movie.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:48 am

nightbodega wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Yeah. If it wasn’t for that, not even sure if I would have enjoyed the movie.

Same here, I cringed when I first found out it was going to be live action. But, it turned out like Roger Rabbit, and thats one of my favorite movies of all time
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Return to “Pop!”