How awesome must it be...

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Esko5150

How awesome must it be...

Postby Esko5150 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Was just thinking to myself about how awesome it must be for anyone to work on something than get a Funko made of yourself for that.

I'm sure being asked to sign anything is cool but imagine someone who just signs pictures or movie cases but then finally gets a Pop made of them and now every signing they get pops handed to them to sign.

Must be an awesome feeling! :freddy2: :freddy2:

I'm sure these people really appreciate Funko for this.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

scullysdad

Re: How awesome must it be...

Postby scullysdad » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:04 pm

I have definitely heard stories about people who go to signings and someone sees their Pop for the first time and gets excited. I actually was the first person to ever ask G Willow Wilson (the first writer of Ms Marvel) to sign a Pop and she didn’t know where to sign lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:11 pm

It has to be so awesome to have yourself or a character you played or created immortalized as a Pop.
Hi! I’m Eric

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 am

[quote="scullysdad"]I have definitely heard stories about people who go to signings and someone sees their Pop for the first time and gets excited. I actually was the first person to ever ask G Willow Wilson (the first writer of Ms Marvel) to sign a Pop and she didn’t know where to sign lol[/quote]

Thats awesome! Thats when you point to the window and be like RIGHT HERE :)
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:49 pm

It has been an amazing feeling for sure and to be able to talk/share that feeling with others has to be great. I can only image what it is to see a Pop in a character that you created. Makes you wonder if Funko might send some creators a pop first before the public. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FunkoVandal413

Postby FunkoVandal413 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:00 pm

Funny you say that.
I met a voice actor from My hero academia a few weeks ago at a small con. I knew who he was and I know he does the voice of a character in a horror anime I watch. I brought my pop to get it signed by him and he was so excited to see that one minor character nobody mentions.

On an opposite note, I know a few actors that absolutely dislike signing Funko items and the fact people ask for these obnoxiously long quotes on the window only make me understand why everyone is charging more nowadays to sign Funko items
IG Manifiesto_413
Funko Collector since 2011, dedicated and with a crown tattoo. My biggest goals are to become a HoF member and attend Fundays someday.
C2E2 '19, '20, '21, '23
FunKon '21
Fan Expo '22, '23
Anime Magic '22, '23
Anime Central '23
Anime Senpai '23
Days of the Dead Staff '19, '21, '22, '23
Anime Midwest Staff '23

:freddy2:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:11 pm

i just want to make myself into a pop online when the opportunity presents itself lol but yeah if i was a celeb i would totally get lit about seeing myself as a pop.

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:42 pm

[quote="FunkoVandal413"]Funny you say that.
I met a voice actor from My hero academia a few weeks ago at a small con. I knew who he was and I know he does the voice of a character in a horror anime I watch. I brought my pop to get it signed by him and he was so excited to see that one minor character nobody mentions.

On an opposite note, I know a few actors that absolutely dislike signing Funko items and the fact people ask for these obnoxiously long quotes on the window only make me understand why everyone is charging more nowadays to sign Funko items[/quote]

Which character did they voice if I may ask? That sounds really cool.

Also I don't see why signing funko items would be so bothersome. Lots of actors get asked to sign quotes and stuff they say all the time on pictures and other memorabilia. Don't see why they would prefer some over funko pops? lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

FunkoVandal413

Postby FunkoVandal413 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Austin Tindle he voices Neito Monoma from class 1B, he also voices Souichi from the Junji Ito collection. I took my con exclusive Souichi and he absolutely loved it!

I don't know how to post pictures but here's the link to my Instagram so you can check it out

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg956iEJVdr ... MyMTA2M2Y=
IG Manifiesto_413
Funko Collector since 2011, dedicated and with a crown tattoo. My biggest goals are to become a HoF member and attend Fundays someday.
C2E2 '19, '20, '21, '23
FunKon '21
Fan Expo '22, '23
Anime Magic '22, '23
Anime Central '23
Anime Senpai '23
Anime Midwest Staff '23

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:54 pm

[quote="Esko5150"]Was just thinking to myself about how awesome it must be for anyone to work on something than get a Funko made of yourself for that.

I'm sure being asked to sign anything is cool but imagine someone who just signs pictures or movie cases but then finally gets a Pop made of them and now every signing they get pops handed to them to sign.

Must be an awesome feeling! :freddy2: :freddy2:

I'm sure these people really appreciate Funko for this.[/quote]

Absolutely a great feeling, I mean who wouldn’t want a pop figure of themselves or of a character they played. I’m sure they all feel honored, at least I would. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:44 pm

i personally don't want to be a pop, but the idea of something i created becoming one would really give me a thrill.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:25 pm

[quote="FunkoVandal413"]Funny you say that.

On an opposite note, I know a few actors that absolutely dislike signing Funko items and the fact people ask for these obnoxiously long quotes on the window only make me understand why everyone is charging more nowadays to sign Funko items[/quote]

I’ve heard about some people charging more for an autograph if it’s on a Pop. I’m not sure if they do it because they know it makes it more valuable or if they just don’t like signing Pops lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

FunkoVandal413

Postby FunkoVandal413 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:33 pm

So I've asked voice actors personally and they have said they have had instances where people approach them with ridiculous requests such as "sign here, do not mark the box, don't manhandle the box" bla bla bla. And others have told me people ask for such long quotes sometimes and the boxes aren't big enough to write on so if it's going to be more difficult that a short quote and a sig, might as well charge more for the extra time and care.
IG Manifiesto_413
C2E2 '19, '20, '21, '23
FunKon '21
Fan Expo '22, '23
Anime Magic '22, '23
Anime Central '23
Anime Senpai '23
Anime Midwest Staff '23

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:25 am

[quote="scullysdad"]I have definitely heard stories about people who go to signings and someone sees their Pop for the first time and gets excited. I actually was the first person to ever ask G Willow Wilson (the first writer of Ms Marvel) to sign a Pop and she didn’t know where to sign lol[/quote]

I think I was the first person to have a chase signed by James Marster back in like 2015. He looked at it and was like, oh wow this is different. Why is that?

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:46 am

[quote="FunkoVandal413"]Austin Tindle he voices Neito Monoma from class 1B, he also voices Souichi from the Junji Ito collection. I took my con exclusive Souichi and he absolutely loved it!

I don't know how to post pictures but here's the link to my Instagram so you can check it out

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg956iEJVdr ... MyMTA2M2Y=[/quote]

That's awesome!!!
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:14 am

[quote="Tusken"]It has been an amazing feeling for sure and to be able to talk/share that feeling with others has to be great. I can only image what it is to see a Pop in a character that you created. Makes you wonder if Funko might send some creators a pop first before the public. :freddy3:[/quote]

I would guess funko does, if that person has a close tie to the character.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:16 am

[quote="digithor"][quote="Tusken"]It has been an amazing feeling for sure and to be able to talk/share that feeling with others has to be great. I can only image what it is to see a Pop in a character that you created. Makes you wonder if Funko might send some creators a pop first before the public. :freddy3:[/quote]

I would guess funko does, if that person has a close tie to the character.[/quote]

I've seen them send a pop to many celebrities. Probably not all but in terms of marketing and promotional use I've seen them receive it.
Hello I'm ESKO!
Mayor of Angrytown

randig

Postby randig » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:38 am

I’m always curious too, and to be clear, it’s be pretty crazy and awesome
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:44 am

[quote="Mr Yac"]i personally don't want to be a pop, but the idea of something i created becoming one would really give me a thrill.[/quote]

I agree plus I have been told one pop looks a bit like me
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:24 pm

I'd bet it's pretty awesome tbh

Return to “Pop!”