Disney Sea Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
RedRoo

Disney Sea Pops?

Postby RedRoo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:03 am

SO with japan opening up again Australians are being asked to travel there.

I may be looking at taking the trip over because our dollar is 97c to the yen and well i gotta go to Tokyo Disney and Tokyo Disney Sea while im there and it made me think.

Why arnt there any Tokyo Disney/Sea pops?

There are plenty of Pop asia pops but none specifically for the Parks in japan right?

Off the top of my head if i could think of one i would have to say we could get
A Disney Sea tower of terror (if you havent seen it look it up!!! seriously looks amazing)

Could you think of any or maby a Universal Studios Japan pop?
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Chingy

Re: Disney Sea Pops?

Postby Chingy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:55 am

I don't know a whole lot about the overseas Disney properties (I'm in the US) but from watching some stuff on Disney+ about the attractions, Lord Mystic or his mischievous monkey from Mystic Manor could be cool as pops

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:11 pm

Fun fact: Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea are the only two Disney Parks that are not fully owned by Disney.

Some Japanese company owns it, and they are getting the license from Disney. Think it’s more of a Japanese business thing. :)

But there are a lot of fun attractions, most especially in DisneySea, that you can only see there. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:14 pm

While For Universal Studios Japan - the Minions are pretty popular there. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:26 pm

renardchua wrote:Fun fact: Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea are the only two Disney Parks that are not fully owned by Disney.

Some Japanese company owns it, and they are getting the license from Disney. Think it’s more of a Japanese business thing. :)

But there are a lot of fun attractions, most especially in DisneySea, that you can only see there. :)

This is really good to know and interesting. I thought Disney owed everything when it came to their parks. Makes you wonder how much the Japanese company had to pay to get Disney to agree. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

sassypops

Postby sassypops » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:42 pm

renardchua wrote:Fun fact: Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea are the only two Disney Parks that are not fully owned by Disney.

Very interesting fact indeed, thanks for sharing this knowledge.
greetings from the seven kingdoms

Breaking Bad Funko Pop introduce me to this hobby.

Pop count: 819

ig: @sillygorgeous

:colors:

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Yes very good factoid. And that is why they get the main designs but each one has its own changes to the attractions. And some of the fun stories on how they got their look and stories are interesting.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:21 am

With d23 they showed up coming attractions that would have been a perfect pop opportunity to have pops to promote the upcoming rides
:freddy3:

Return to “Pop!”