SDCC wants

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JaeLopez23

Re: SDCC wants

Postby JaeLopez23 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:17 pm

Congrats to all that got tickets

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:27 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
I can't see him coming back in the traditional method since he does not have a show. I could see him taping a travel special at SDCC (but that would only be good for one year) or doing live Podcast Tapings, which could be really cool. Having him back in any form would be awesome.

I agree, but I'd love to see someone sponsor for sdcc shows. It could air on just about anyone's network, we're not picky! Podcast tapings would be great too, Kevin Smith did something like that this past year and it was a lot of fun!

I have been to a couple podcast tapings over the year for Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, and MBMBaM which are always fun. It is kind of nice when you know you just need to show up at the start time and not have to deal with a line to get in.

So nice when there's no pressure. Can't wait to see the surprises in store for us in the coming year with our conventions, and the fantastic products that are in the works even now!
Image ImageImage Image

GSim27

Postby GSim27 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:02 pm

reallycrazydude3 wrote:
questkid32 wrote:I'm going for a badge on open registration. Hoping for some serious luck!

You and me both. Hope to see you on the other side :glasses7:

Were both of you successful in getting badges?

GSim27

Postby GSim27 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:05 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
GSim27 wrote:
drtorch wrote:Hope everyone was successful today on their SDCC badges. It was a rough start, but they figured it out and it looks like they may have poured extra inventory in since I was able to get all 5 days over 40 minutes into it.

My group was successful. Everyone got badges. I bought 4 day + PN for 4 including myself and one who wanted Fri-Sun. We will now turn our group toward open registration for those who were not eligible for returning. We have seven looking to get PN from returning. It was definitely a rough start! We were all on Zoom and Discord chat conversing on if all of us were getting the same errors. After they finally got it going, we had several who were in immediately. One of my browsers got in at about 17 minutes which I bought the 2 of the 4Day +PN with. We finished our group of 50 and were helping others after since we still had browsers open. I was able to help with my last one for a one day badge request because it was still open.

Damn, a group of 50! That is crazy. It was hard enough on my end to coordinate a group of 10. Congrats!

Thanks! We had a few that were not eligible for returning trying in open. Open reg was a challenge working with half the group but a third were helpers so we did pretty well.

reallycrazydude3

Postby reallycrazydude3 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:05 pm

GSim27 wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:
questkid32 wrote:I'm going for a badge on open registration. Hoping for some serious luck!

I was! I had like 10+ devices going on :roflmao:

My nightmare was the idea of my smart TV getting through
Excited for SPOOPY SEASON

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:33 am

slimpimp2phat wrote:
Katers wrote:
slimpimp2phat wrote:Ronin Warriors would be a great addition

Oh my goodness, I'd absolutely have to buy those if Funko made the set!! Now I gotta go back and watch the show again though!

everytime i say Ronin Warriors, i hear the theme go off in my head

I've gone down an internet rabbit hole because of this! The further I go, the more I want Ronin Warrior figures. Ryo was always my favorite, but I'd love to see any of them!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:49 am

GSim27 wrote:
Katers wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:I'm a fan of TV pops.. hoping for more of The Boys, House of the Dragon and Ted Lasso pops! A surprise Severance one would be awesome too! and if the Impractical Jokers will end up in Pop form lol

100% agree on more Ted Lasso pops!! We need all the important players from the team, not to mention Rebecca and Keeley. And my collection will never be complete without Danny Rojas. Futbol is life!!

Agree with all of this!! I want it all! Rebecca, Keeley, Roy!! HOTD all day! Can we get all of the cast on the Boys please? Danny is a trip!

If Roy's box doesn't somehow incorporate a lot of *****, I will be very very disappointed! Can't wait to bring home the whole line though. I think for a con exclusive, I want in his coaching uniform, or the suit he was wearing on tv. But any Roy Kent is a good Roy Kent!
Image ImageImage Image

GSim27

Postby GSim27 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:23 am

Katers wrote:
GSim27 wrote:
Katers wrote:
100% agree on more Ted Lasso pops!! We need all the important players from the team, not to mention Rebecca and Keeley. And my collection will never be complete without Danny Rojas. Futbol is life!!

Agree with all of this!! I want it all! Rebecca, Keeley, Roy!! HOTD all day! Can we get all of the cast on the Boys please? Danny is a trip!

If Roy's box doesn't somehow incorporate a lot of *****, I will be very very disappointed! Can't wait to bring home the whole line though. I think for a con exclusive, I want in his coaching uniform, or the suit he was wearing on tv. But any Roy Kent is a good Roy Kent!

Me too! I was really surprised Coach Beard was the next Lasso pop out! I just knew it would be Kent, or Rebecca. His coaching uniform would be so cool. He loves coaching so much!

GSim27

Postby GSim27 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:43 am

GSim27 wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:

My group was successful. We had 9 who wanted one badge PN; 6 got it. Then we had a few 5 days, 4 and 3 day to get. We were able to get the majority the badges they wanted. Had one snafu with a Jr in his name and didn't tell me. It took us 3 tries to get his badges but he got 3 days.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:04 am

GSim27 wrote:
Katers wrote:
GSim27 wrote:

Me too! I was really surprised Coach Beard was the next Lasso pop out! I just knew it would be Kent, or Rebecca. His coaching uniform would be so cool. He loves coaching so much!

I'm glad it was Coach Beard though, we need the complete coaching team. Though I was surprised we got Coach Beard's night out, rather than Coach Beard in uniform - glad, but surprised. I hope our next con exclusive is a Roy Kent, he's so important to the show!

I can't wait to have the entire coaching team in uniform. Well, except.....you know who. I'm mad at him, so no pops of him may enter my house!
Image ImageImage Image

reallycrazydude3

Postby reallycrazydude3 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:20 pm

GSim27 wrote:
GSim27 wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:

My group was successful. We had 9 who wanted one badge PN; 6 got it. Then we had a few 5 days, 4 and 3 day to get. We were able to get the majority the badges they wanted. Had one snafu with a Jr in his name and didn't tell me. It took us 3 tries to get his badges but he got 3 days.

Yeah we had some issues with miscommunication in names and who got badges as well. One of our friends thought there was an issue getting the badge but it turned out that our other friend was able to pick up the pass. If you’re working with a group make sure you have good communication lol

Mrswestcoastfunko

Postby Mrswestcoastfunko » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:41 pm

randig wrote:
Mrswestcoastfunko wrote:My only want is to get a good time slot for the booth and fundays tickets lol

Amen! Let it be forthwith!

Im putting it out to the universe and into baby jesus tiny hands lol
ImageImage

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:21 am

reallycrazydude3 wrote:
GSim27 wrote:
GSim27 wrote:

Yeah we had some issues with miscommunication in names and who got badges as well. One of our friends thought there was an issue getting the badge but it turned out that our other friend was able to pick up the pass. If you’re working with a group make sure you have good communication lol

Groups are the way to go! :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

reallycrazydude3

Postby reallycrazydude3 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:55 am

drtorch wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:
GSim27 wrote:

Yup! It's hard enough to get tickets by yourself these days.

GSim27

Postby GSim27 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:51 am

Definitely the way to go. We used Zoom for return reg but didn't for open. We used Discord this time around. I wasn't originally the person to manage the group for the sale since I was also buying in the sale. It worked out though no complaints. You adapt and keep it moving.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:04 am

reallycrazydude3 wrote:
drtorch wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:

Very true. If I did not have my group my two friends and I would not have got badges this year.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 pm

reallycrazydude3 wrote:
drtorch wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:

It’s been my friend and I alone at this for the past 3 years.
Image Image
ImageImage

reallycrazydude3

Postby reallycrazydude3 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:00 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:
drtorch wrote:

Oh nice! Sounds like you guys are SDCC pros!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:10 pm

reallycrazydude3 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:

Not really. Prior to me joining in, he tried for 9 years. No Dice.
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Volunteering again!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 am

rexflexall wrote:Volunteering again!

Volunteering is such a cool way to get involved. Thanks for doing it!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

For future years, you may want to try joining a buying group. Especially if you have met people at the event or on the board.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:31 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
reallycrazydude3 wrote:

For future years, you may want to try joining a buying group. Especially if you have met people at the event or on the board.

I don’t know of any buying groups. I don’t even know where to begin searching. The same goes for my friend.
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:03 am

Rcmal1 wrote:

On my 13th year now!!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:09 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

On my 13th year now!!

That’s impressive. I guess I’ll see you in July :freddy3:
Image Image
ImageImage

supenman

Postby supenman » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:16 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I don’t know of any buying groups. I don’t even know where to begin searching. The same goes for my friend.

Reddit and the Friends of Comic Con forum are good places to go for buying groups. Plenty of Discord groups spawned from those sites.
SDCC
• 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish, 2021ish, 2022

Funko Fundays
• 2015 - 2021: Failed
• 2022: Failed, yet I was lucky enough to attend as a +1!

https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:45 pm

supenman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Reddit and the Friends of Comic Con forum are good places to go for buying groups. Plenty of Discord groups spawned from those sites.

Agreed. We joined one from meeting friends standing in line for Hall H. I was a little more comfrotable with that since you may have to put up money for another person, but if you have one other friend it wont be as bad. We had one friend who got in both at Pre Registration and Open Registration, luckily for her everyone venmoe'd her the money the same day. We were joking she had enough airline points from that to get to and from San Diego.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:36 pm

supenman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I’ll look into it. Thank you.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:39 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
supenman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Agreed. We joined one from meeting friends standing in line for Hall H. I was a little more comfrotable with that since you may have to put up money for another person, but if you have one other friend it wont be as bad. We had one friend who got in both at Pre Registration and Open Registration, luckily for her everyone venmoe'd her the money the same day. We were joking she had enough airline points from that to get to and from San Diego.

That’s pretty awesome. I’ll most definitely look into it.
Image Image
ImageImage

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:58 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a chance to buy sdcc pop’s before they sale out

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:36 am

Ronnie18 wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a chance to buy sdcc pop’s before they sale out

I got into the booth for the first time last year. It was a great experience.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:43 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

On my 13th year now!!

I can't wait!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:16 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a chance to buy sdcc pop’s before they sale out

I did too, when they opened to the public, and yes it felt great. And they had a lot of what I wanted still left. Hoping for the same luck at the upcoming SDCC. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:01 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I did too, when they opened to the public, and yes it felt great. And they had a lot of what I wanted still left. Hoping for the same luck at the upcoming SDCC. lol

I hope they stick with the same set up as last year. It was very well organized and fun to walk through. It is also nice it pulls people into artist alley.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:27 pm

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
On my 13th year now!!

I can't wait!

It shall be fun!
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:04 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I can't wait!

It shall be fun!

Now to sell of pops to buy more pops LOL!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:26 pm

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
I can't wait!

It shall be fun!

I’m wayyy ahead of you my dear friend. :mir1:
Image Image
ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:

It was the best. I didn't land a spot in the portal, but got to go in after 3 and it was still a great experience!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:32 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
It shall be fun!

Seems to cost more and more each year to attend hahaha!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:21 am

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Seems to cost more and more each year to attend hahaha!

Did badges go up this year? It is definitely going to be more expensive for my group, having to get a hotel for the first time opposed to an AirBNB. Overall though, its well worth it!

Return to “Pop!”