I need 12 Days of Christmas in my life again

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
DrunkoPop

Re: I need 12 Days of Christmas in my life again

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:33 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Broseph02 wrote:I really enjoyed funkos 12 days of christmas and I wish they brought it back. It was a fun, exclusive experience for collectors! It was the time of year I looked forward to being able to buy some cool pops without having to travel to sdcc, etc

Did anyone else enjoy this event that funko put on for us, or did others not like it becuase of the bots? To be honest, bots don't bother me, they are there regardless where we go.

I’m going to tell you what was the golden era of funko and 12 days of Christmas. The golden era was when we used to get a shock drop on the funko shop and you’d have only a few seconds to decide if you wanted it or not. I know they are pretty married to the format they have going now with the e-mail then the drop but if they could do 12 days a Christmas and follow that format it’s the shock drops next year that would be dope: I also liked when they used to have the blind box BUT it had NUMEROUS LE POPS - they stopped doing that and just basically did standard limited editions

Ah, the good ol days. :cheers:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:27 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Broseph02 wrote:I really enjoyed funkos 12 days of christmas and I wish they brought it back. It was a fun, exclusive experience for collectors! It was the time of year I looked forward to being able to buy some cool pops without having to travel to sdcc, etc

Did anyone else enjoy this event that funko put on for us, or did others not like it becuase of the bots? To be honest, bots don't bother me, they are there regardless where we go.

I’m going to tell you what was the golden era of funko and 12 days of Christmas. The golden era was when we used to get a shock drop on the funko shop and you’d have only a few seconds to decide if you wanted it or not. I know they are pretty married to the format they have going now with the e-mail then the drop but if they could do 12 days a Christmas and follow that format it’s the shock drops next year that would be dope: I also liked when they used to have the blind box BUT it had NUMEROUS LE POPS - they stopped doing that and just basically did standard limited editions

Fr funko shop used to be a adrenaline rush. It sucked to strike out but that excitement of having to be ready to go at the drop of a dime made it worthwhile. I know they got a lot of flack from people that struck out though
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:10 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Fr funko shop used to be a adrenaline rush. It sucked to strike out but that excitement of having to be ready to go at the drop of a dime made it worthwhile. I know they got a lot of flack from people that struck out though

Hey not every body is going to be happy. :roflmao: but I do miss those days.
Image Image
ImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:01 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I'd love to go back to these days. More limited items of which I can't own them all but really happy about the ones I do.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:18 pm

runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I'd love to go back to these days. More limited items of which I can't own them all but really happy about the ones I do.

Now that’s the spirit! =D>
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:59 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

You guys are both on to something. I believe they stopped doing it that way because of the people that were upset due to striking out but realistically; when releases were shock dropped, adrenaline rush filled experiences to acquire rare loot - it definitely was tons of fun. It almost had that hype beast affect like supreme. I wonder if theylll ever return to this
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:12 pm

no xmas funko shop exclusives??? what happend this year

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:00 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

You guys are both on to something. I believe they stopped doing it that way because of the people that were upset due to striking out but realistically; when releases were shock dropped, adrenaline rush filled experiences to acquire rare loot - it definitely was tons of fun. It almost had that hype beast affect like supreme. I wonder if theylll ever return to this

That’s exactly why they got rid of it. So now EVERYBODY has a shot at these exclusives. The negative uproar must have gotten to them. Around that time Funko started to blow up. :bounce:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:58 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

runtodere wrote:I'd love to go back to these days. More limited items of which I can't own them all but really happy about the ones I do.

That’s exactly why they got rid of it. So now EVERYBODY has a shot at these exclusives. The negative uproar must have gotten to them. Around that time Funko started to blow up. :bounce:

Lol this is the thing though, people complain about supreme every hype drop but then don’t say anything about the stuff that’s readily available. Morale of the story is people want what they can’t have. There’s nothing wrong with that either; drives up the collectibility when people strike out. We’ve seen some huge grails come out of the fact that not everyone was able to hit & it also makes the clllecting aspect much more exciting. Lol they can save the readily available stuff for the commons - I’d like them to continue that 12 days of Christmas one day where every drop is a shock drop and some are LE - what I really think they should do with numbered LE funkoshop drops is not even announce that it’s LE - just have it be a suprise when people get their hands on it
PopPChulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:23 am

PopPChulo wrote:

I actually liked the shock drops. It was super stressful, but you know what you felt about the drop almost instantly! Plus, watching the reactions from everyone post-drop was a lot of fun, no matter how I did with the drop! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:29 am

PopPChulo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Lol this is the thing though, people complain about supreme every hype drop but then don’t say anything about the stuff that’s readily available. Morale of the story is people want what they can’t have. There’s nothing wrong with that either; drives up the collectibility when people strike out. We’ve seen some huge grails come out of the fact that not everyone was able to hit & it also makes the clllecting aspect much more exciting. Lol they can save the readily available stuff for the commons - I’d like them to continue that 12 days of Christmas one day where every drop is a shock drop and some are LE - what I really think they should do with numbered LE funkoshop drops is not even announce that it’s LE - just have it be a suprise when people get their hands on it

Good point and I like the idea. :idea:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:59 pm

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I actually liked the shock drops. It was super stressful, but you know what you felt about the drop almost instantly! Plus, watching the reactions from everyone post-drop was a lot of fun, no matter how I did with the drop! \:D/

I loved it, I remember being in the mall and boom Lucky the leprechaun randomly dropped on the funko shop & I was scrambling trying to order lol luckily I got it (no pun intended)
PopPChulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:36 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I loved it, I remember being in the mall and boom Lucky the leprechaun randomly dropped on the funko shop & I was scrambling trying to order lol luckily I got it (no pun intended)

Why on earth would you tell this story WITHOUT the pun intended? lol

Seriously though - congrats on Lucky! I missed out on a lot of the previous 12-days of Christmas drops, but every now and then I come across one I missed and can add it to my collection. Makes me so happy to bring them to their forever home!
Image ImageImage Image

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:41 pm

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously though - congrats on Lucky! I missed out on a lot of the previous 12-days of Christmas drops, but every now and then I come across one I missed and can add it to my collection. Makes me so happy to bring them to their forever home!

Really, the pun is the best part! But I'm hoping with Brian back at the helm that this becomes more like the old days again - more targeted for collectors.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:25 am

runtodere wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Really, the pun is the best part! But I'm hoping with Brian back at the helm that this becomes more like the old days again - more targeted for collectors.

I’m very very curious at what 2023 is going to bring for funko especially since their changing the venue for fundays since the first time in like forever. I think funko is going to transition in a different direction for the fundays event in general but I’m genuinely interested to see what kinda suprised they have for us
PopPChulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:15 am

runtodere wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Here's hoping 2023 is our year for a 12-days of Christmas resurgence! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:08 am

Katers wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Katers wrote:

I know the occasionally browse the forum to get a idea of what the core fan base wants so it would be veddy veddy nice
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:07 am

Katers wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hope so!

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:37 pm

Man no 12 days of Xmas is was fun those years happy to be part of it — my pulled a flocked tony Tiger lol back some years ago
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:37 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
runtodere wrote:Really, the pun is the best part! But I'm hoping with Brian back at the helm that this becomes more like the old days again - more targeted for collectors.

I know the occasionally browse the forum to get a idea of what the core fan base wants so it would be veddy veddy nice

Let's hope we're being vocal and excited enough about the idea. 2023 is our YEAR! \:D/ :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
runtodere wrote:Really, the pun is the best part! But I'm hoping with Brian back at the helm that this becomes more like the old days again - more targeted for collectors.

I hope so!

This thread send me down a rabbit hole of googling what was part of previous 12 days of Christmas sets in the past, and there was some serious fire in those sets! I definitely missed some great drops, but also scored some of the good stuff. Would love the chance to do it all over again. And if I start saving now, I can definitely add it into the budget!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:44 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hope so!

This thread send me down a rabbit hole of googling what was part of previous 12 days of Christmas sets in the past, and there was some serious fire in those sets! I definitely missed some great drops, but also scored some of the good stuff. Would love the chance to do it all over again. And if I start saving now, I can definitely add it into the budget!

Those initial sets had straight fire in them!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:22 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
I hope so!

Those initial sets had straight fire in them!

After seeing the 2022 BOF boxes, I can't even imagine how amazing a 12 days of Christmas drop would be if it came back this coming year.
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:55 pm

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

I hope so!

Yeah I thought it was fun how they offered the box of all 12 days and then they offered singles one day at a time. Probably was a lot to manage setting up 12 days of drops but boy did the excitement Mount when you wake up to refresh and see something new pop up
PopPChulo

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:07 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

I think there would be a mutiny if they did this today. But I do love getting a pop seconds before is sells out.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:23 pm

Ronnie18 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I think there would be a mutiny if they did this today. But I do love getting a pop seconds before is sells out.

It was that edge of your seat adrenaline rush for me. I know they can’t really do shock drops (although I still think they should at least do one shock drop a month or every other month) but just during the event would be really really cool
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:57 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

It was that edge of your seat adrenaline rush for me. I know they can’t really do shock drops (although I still think they should at least do one shock drop a month or every other month) but just during the event would be really really cool

Shock drops would make it fair game LOL!

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:41 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
I hope so!

Yeah I thought it was fun how they offered the box of all 12 days and then they offered singles one day at a time. Probably was a lot to manage setting up 12 days of drops but boy did the excitement Mount when you wake up to refresh and see something new pop up

I really thought that was a great way to do it - you either take the chance not knowing what's in the box, or you take the chance of not getting through for the daily sale. I think the FOMO would be strong enough that I'd want the entire 12 days if they bring it back and offer the purchase options!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:50 am

Ronnie18 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I dunno, could be just what we need to keep us on our toes? Though I do NOT love that sick to you stomach feeling when your items sell out in your cart...but yeah, that success just before it sells out feels amazing! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:38 am

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

I really thought that was a great way to do it - you either take the chance not knowing what's in the box, or you take the chance of not getting through for the daily sale. I think the FOMO would be strong enough that I'd want the entire 12 days if they bring it back and offer the purchase options!

Yeah that’s kinda where I was at with it, I think people only really complained about the purchasing the entire 12 days when they stopped including the LE Numbered pieces but if it has numbered LE, imo it’s fair game & value.
PopPChulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:10 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Yeah I thought it was fun how they offered the box of all 12 days and then they offered singles one day at a time. Probably was a lot to manage setting up 12 days of drops but boy did the excitement Mount when you wake up to refresh and see something new pop up

Yeah that’s kinda where I was at with it, I think people only really complained about the purchasing the entire 12 days when they stopped including the LE Numbered pieces but if it has numbered LE, imo it’s fair game & value.

At this point, I just want them to bring it back, so that we could agonize over what we were going to do! lol
Image ImageImage Image

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:28 am

You’re right. I wish there a box this past year. I wanna see more Peppermint Lane pops.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:50 am

There was some good pops but a lot in my opinion where whatever but if it’s done again these pops need to be special

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

At this point, I just want them to bring it back, so that we could agonize over what we were going to do! lol

Right there with you. It always felt like the Christmas spirit officially when 12 days came
PopPChulo

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:59 pm

My worry, if they brought this back, would be the bots.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:14 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Right there with you. It always felt like the Christmas spirit officially when 12 days came

Exactly! The advent calendars come close to the feeling, but there's just something special about a massive box in the mail full of fun things! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:16 am

LoneWolf72 wrote:My worry, if they brought this back, would be the bots.

Of course....but we can't not do the fun things just for fear of the bots! We must band together and defeat the bots before they can defeat us! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:

Exactly! The advent calendars come close to the feeling, but there's just something special about a massive box in the mail full of fun things! \:D/

I’m a sucker for a good mystery box and I don’t think anyone could come close to funko. One year they did a really REALLY good one and each box came with a LE numbered piece. (Outside of the Fundays box). I wish they would bring that back
PopPChulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:26 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Katers wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I’m a sucker for a good mystery box and I don’t think anyone could come close to funko. One year they did a really REALLY good one and each box came with a LE numbered piece. (Outside of the Fundays box). I wish they would bring that back

I don't think I bought that year, so I'm going to say - that sounds like FUN, let's do it! C'mon Funko, bring back the 12 Days of Christmas, just like this!
Image ImageImage Image

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:56 am

Katers wrote:
LoneWolf72 wrote:My worry, if they brought this back, would be the bots.

Of course....but we can't not do the fun things just for fear of the bots! We must band together and defeat the bots before they can defeat us! \:D/

lol, now that's a motivation speech. I'm in.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

Return to “Pop!”