Faceted Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: Faceted Pops!

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:39 am

jagpop wrote:
Katers wrote:
jagpop wrote:They look pretty cool but I'd have to see one in hand prior to committing. The Black Panther one does have some great colors based of the glam.

Okay, my goal tomorrow is to take an in-hand, outdoor photo so you can really see the colors for this pop!

Looking forward to this. Thanks!

I failed at this today due to weather - we're actually having RAIN here. So the lighting wasn't great. I'll try again tomorrow! I see there are some indoor photos posted below that look pretty accurate. The pop pictured is a bit darker (at least, to me!) than the one I have in hand, but again, lighting can be a tricky thing!
Image ImageImage Image

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:53 pm

NightStyle wrote:
Serch_na wrote:Is there a photo of them in real life? they look great

I found these on Facebook, some do like it while others dont. I think it looks great. I was thinking it would have a more transparency to the design.

Meh i dont like it [-X lol
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:28 am

Okay, finally took BP out and about. Still cloudy here, so the light isn't great, but at least I remembered to take photos! The more I dragged this pop around trying to find good lighting, the more I really like the pop. Looking forward to the next Marvel pop they want to sell me!

Image ImageImage Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:02 pm

Katers wrote:
jagpop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Okay, my goal tomorrow is to take an in-hand, outdoor photo so you can really see the colors for this pop!

Looking forward to this. Thanks!

I failed at this today due to weather - we're actually having RAIN here. So the lighting wasn't great. I'll try again tomorrow! I see there are some indoor photos posted below that look pretty accurate. The pop pictured is a bit darker (at least, to me!) than the one I have in hand, but again, lighting can be a tricky thing!

Get ready for some more rain. I'm in OC also and it's suppose to pour today and tomorrow.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:51 pm

I would love to see them make Final Fantasy 7 pops like this. They would look like the actually video game characters from the OG PlayStation version.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

WayneNC704

Postby WayneNC704 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:47 pm

these are really nice in person but i do feel they will only be out for a short time

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:03 pm

Pryde72 wrote:
BatLita wrote:I really like the design. I would love to see Pooh, Tigger, and Olaf.
It's nice to see a little different design on them.

Ooooo Olaf would be awesome

Yes! Definitely!
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Even though I haven't bought a faceted pop yet I do love the look. I want a Spider-Man one. I get nearly all the Spidey-Verse pops and faceted make really cool display pieces. Question though, are they shiny or partly translucent like the pictures elude to?
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:16 pm

rontonsoup wrote:I would love to see them make Final Fantasy 7 pops like this. They would look like the actually video game characters from the OG PlayStation version.

Wow you hit the nail on the head and I wouldn't have thought of that. Those would be crazy cool to put next to the game on display. Damn now I want those.

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:17 pm

Katers wrote:Okay, finally took BP out and about. Still cloudy here, so the light isn't great, but at least I remembered to take photos! The more I dragged this pop around trying to find good lighting, the more I really like the pop. Looking forward to the next Marvel pop they want to sell me!

Wow, thanks for taking an out of box pic. This pushed me over to get one. Not that I wasn't already but now I'm focused on getting one.

VoltaMikeV7

Postby VoltaMikeV7 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:21 pm

The ButtStallion is the first true faceted Pop! Right? 8-[
VOLTA [Miiike]
IG: @Voltas_Vault
Image Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:39 am

jagpop wrote:
Katers wrote:
jagpop wrote:Looking forward to this. Thanks!

Get ready for some more rain. I'm in OC also and it's suppose to pour today and tomorrow.

And on and off since then! Never thought I'd be trying to time my photos around weather in Southern California! #-o
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:42 am

WayneNC704 wrote:these are really nice in person but i do feel they will only be out for a short time

I think based on their box art that these are meant to tie into Disney's 100th - so probably only this year? And if that's the case, I hope they give us all the faceted pops we need in that time span, I'd hate to be at this time next year disappointed at a lack of Iron Man or Spidey!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:45 am

Prime_Pops wrote:Even though I haven't bought a faceted pop yet I do love the look. I want a Spider-Man one. I get nearly all the Spidey-Verse pops and faceted make really cool display pieces. Question though, are they shiny or partly translucent like the pictures elude to?

Yes to both - they are a bit shiny, and had a nice sparkle to the paint. Translucent in the right light (bright), but in the dark they're pretty solid unless you're looking very closely.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:47 am

Prime_Pops wrote:
Katers wrote:Okay, finally took BP out and about. Still cloudy here, so the light isn't great, but at least I remembered to take photos! The more I dragged this pop around trying to find good lighting, the more I really like the pop. Looking forward to the next Marvel pop they want to sell me!

Spoiler: show

Wow, thanks for taking an out of box pic. This pushed me over to get one. Not that I wasn't already but now I'm focused on getting one.

Glad I could help with the decision making process, though I'm not sure if I should be saying 'no problem' or 'I'm sorry!' So instead, I'll stick with 'Welcome to the club!' lol
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:54 am

Definitely my favorite has to be the black panther it looks so clean

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:18 am

Waiting for thr Funko X Swarovski mash up haha... that's what these remind me of. They look pretty good. Would probably be really sweet in some type of light up display.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:34 am

R2 Was released a few days ago - I see a lot more on the way for the Disney 100th anniversary
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:52 pm

mongoose12 wrote:I’ll probably catch flack for this, but give me Batman in black please lol

Would look amazing.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:54 pm

pberickp wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:I’ll probably catch flack for this, but give me Batman in black please lol

Would look amazing.

I agree, that would be a pretty sweet pop.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:22 am

WayneNC704 wrote:these are really nice in person but i do feel they will only be out for a short time

I agree will only be wanted by a certain group of people

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:08 am

Mickey, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Rex, and a Stormtrooper, to name a few.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:38 pm

Katers wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:Even though I haven't bought a faceted pop yet I do love the look. I want a Spider-Man one. I get nearly all the Spidey-Verse pops and faceted make really cool display pieces. Question though, are they shiny or partly translucent like the pictures elude to?

Yes to both - they are a bit shiny, and had a nice sparkle to the paint. Translucent in the right light (bright), but in the dark they're pretty solid unless you're looking very closely.

Nice that makes me happy to hear since I like the shiny pops more than average. It's on the list now. Appreciate the info.

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

Glad I could help with the decision making process, though I'm not sure if I should be saying 'no problem' or 'I'm sorry!' So instead, I'll stick with 'Welcome to the club!' lol

I'll take it. I'm happy to join.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:17 pm

Someone else mentioned this, but Ironman would be cool.
Image ImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:11 am

I really hope they limit these kinds of toys to make it more exclusive.. but then again there's just a loot right now lol!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:50 am

Prime_Pops wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I would love to see them make Final Fantasy 7 pops like this. They would look like the actually video game characters from the OG PlayStation version.

Wow you hit the nail on the head and I wouldn't have thought of that. Those would be crazy cool to put next to the game on display. Damn now I want those.

Hopefully Funko reads this and makes it happen. Love the idea of putting it next to the game cover.

nathan_bakken

Postby nathan_bakken » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:09 am

You know I might have to grab one of these!
Fright Night 2022
instagram: nathan.bakken

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:15 am

rontonsoup wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

Hopefully Funko reads this and makes it happen. Love the idea of putting it next to the game cover.

I know they've heard the call. I've recently seen a bunch of requests for them but all we can do is wait and see.

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:37 am

PopCollector wrote:Not all designs and variations work with every Pop, but these faceted pops really works really well for the Black Panther!

Yeah I agree I like the way black panther turned out the best

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:38 am

nathan_bakken wrote:

You should!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:55 am

LoneWolf72 wrote:Mickey, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Rex, and a Stormtrooper, to name a few.

I think we're currently much more likely to get Darth Vader than we are a Batman. I wonder if they'll offer the faceted pops to other licenses, or if it'll be a special Disney thing?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:56 am

Prime_Pops wrote:
Katers wrote:

Nice that makes me happy to hear since I like the shiny pops more than average. It's on the list now. Appreciate the info.

Glad to help! I also appreciate the shiny...or sparkly...and this hit both of those for me. Not overpowering, but just a nice touch.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:51 am

JCFun wrote:Someone else mentioned this, but Ironman would be cool.

Somebody else released images of some Disney100 faceted somethings....I honestly don't know what they were. But there was an Iron Man in the group, and a Spidey, so that gives me hope that we've got some upcoming cool faceted pops we're hoping to see and purchase! :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:55 am

nathan_bakken wrote:

Yes! Join us! R2D2 just dropped recently, and I think the only upcoming faceted pop we know about next is TInkerbell (though if I missed an announcement, someone feel free to correct me!). So far the order has been Disney, Marvel, Star Wars. That takes care of Star Wars and Disney, so hopefully Marvel is next in the announcement queue!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:56 am

El_PANDA wrote:
PopCollector wrote:Not all designs and variations work with every Pop, but these faceted pops really works really well for the Black Panther!

Yeah I agree I like the way black panther turned out the best

Same....so far, at least. I can't wait to see what's next in the Marvel lineup though!
Image ImageImage Image

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:22 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

I know they've heard the call. I've recently seen a bunch of requests for them but all we can do is wait and see.

I saw some really good custom pops awhile back. They look legit legit. Can’t wait to see an official one. I mean, Funko has the rights to Kingdom Hearts. I don’t see why they haven’t started Final Fantasy. I’d buy those in a heart beat.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:44 pm

I feel like they should make a Mickey to go with Minnie and C-3P0 to go with R2-D2.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:43 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

I saw some really good custom pops awhile back. They look legit legit. Can’t wait to see an official one. I mean, Funko has the rights to Kingdom Hearts. I don’t see why they haven’t started Final Fantasy. I’d buy those in a heart beat.

You speak truth! Lets get the pre-orders going. Ha

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:51 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

You speak truth! Lets get the pre-orders going. Ha

Imagine a multi pack. I’d buy it

Return to “Pop!”